Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which makes this post of 14 hours ago even more perplexing:
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
14h

“The attorney has repeatedly said he is representing the family and he is representing Brian Laundrie. You would not represent someone who is not alive.” -Former FBI Agent Jennifer Coffindaffer still thinks Brian Laundrie is alive.
I can see what she means - but an attorney will represent you until he knows that you are dead (unless instructed to administer your estate). If SB does not know if BL is alive or dead - then he still represents him. The ex-FBI agent didn't think this through.

That's very possible.

I wonder if it's possible to check that kind of information with foreign countries. I know a stamp is required. Not sure how and if anything is tracked beyond that.

It's the whole point of a passport - it's supposed to be scanned/tracked by authorities. Airlines scan them, wouldn't ferries also?

Whereas, it isn't impossible to get into Mexico via a route that isn't supposed to be used.

You must have been reading my mind!

I'm going to spin you a little story. My point being that I have no idea what happened to Gabby Petitio, and neither do you.

Brian and Gabby have an argument, he storms off to hike, she remains to work on blog. While he is gone, she is murdered by who only knows who (were 2 other woman not shot, possibly by a creepy camper they reported?) Perhaps this perp decided to try up close and personal, strangulation.

Brian returns to find Gabby deceased, he panics because they were just stopped (Moab) for a DV, had a scene at Merry Piglets, and he thinks "oh my God, everyone will think I did it"!

He dithers around in shock and horror hitchhiking, wondering what to do, becoming unhinged.

He goes home the only way he has, Gabby's van, Gabby's card. He tells Mom and Dad this horrible story. Realizing once your entangled with the police, the police will try to convict the most likely person, they lawyer up and follow his advice to a T.

He tries to shake off the horror, his parents are stunned, questioning everything, shutting down, maybe he did it, what if he didn't, a waking nightmare.

Brian can't take it anymore, his poor family, (who doesn't know the truth either way) he leaves or commits suicide.

In my story, which could be true, do the Laudries deserve the hell inflicted on them? No. So, can we just wait for the facts before we condem them all?

Please don't misunderstand me, I grieve for the Petitos and want whoever murdered their child brought to justice. However, I don't want to see people condemned on speculation. <modsnip>

If you have never been involved with law enforcement then it's easy to say "oh they should just go to the police". Jails and prisons are bursting with people who shouldn't be there, all because they were easiest to convict. No one should ever speak to police without a lawyer. <modsnip> All IMHO

All that you state that he did after GP died is more likely to be used as a weak defense tactic. Or make a great movie script. In real life what his behavior shows is consciousness of guilt. Innocent people do not act the way he did. Innocent people who find their loved one dead would have called 911.

SBM

Hopefully, the FBI is monitoring his parents finances and looking for mysterious payments. I personally doubt his parents are sending money, however. I suspect when the whole situation became clear, he was told to leave but given a head start, but specifically told not to return.

They probably have some sort of rendezvous planned in a few months, maybe part of the family will go one way, the other another way as decoys, a quick meet and greet to pass on $$. Or some courier or mail set up. Maybe they arranged a mail drop during the time from Aug 30 when they, IMO heard he was coming alone and why, to when he supposedly left. Whichever date they finally decided upon for seeing him last.
Hope FBI is monitoring their Amazon account, should they have one. That's a very good way to send buying power that a lot of people don't think about.
IMO

Last edited:
My apologies for posting a link to a story about a man who some think may have been involved in the murder of two women in Utah. These are the same women who Brian has been accused of killing, placing him in the serial killer status, as per multiple comments on WS. This guy also posted pictures of his campsite on Sept. 15 with a tent identical to Gabby's. Are we not allowed conversations on possible alternatives to BL as the killer of GP?

I sure hope we are.

It's not conducive to sleuthing if everyone has already decided that BL is a depraved serial killer, 100% guilty, and should be executed.

I hope those who wish to share other alternative narratives or theories are allowed to do so within the TOS.

JMO
You must have been reading my mind!

I'm going to spin you a little story. My point being that I have no idea what happened to Gabby Petitio, and neither do you.

Brian and Gabby have an argument, he storms off to hike, she remains to work on blog. While he is gone, she is murdered by who only knows who (were 2 other woman not shot, possibly by a creepy camper they reported?) Perhaps this perp decided to try up close and personal, strangulation.

Brian returns to find Gabby deceased, he panics because they were just stopped (Moab) for a DV, had a scene at Merry Piglets, and he thinks "oh my God, everyone will think I did it"!

He dithers around in shock and horror hitchhiking, wondering what to do, becoming unhinged.

He goes home the only way he has, Gabby's van, Gabby's card. He tells Mom and Dad this horrible story. Realizing once your entangled with the police, the police will try to convict the most likely person, they lawyer up and follow his advice to a T.

He tries to shake off the horror, his parents are stunned, questioning everything, shutting down, maybe he did it, what if he didn't, a waking nightmare.

Brian can't take it anymore, his poor family, (who doesn't know the truth either way) he leaves or commits suicide.

In my story, which could be true, do the Laudries deserve the hell inflicted on them? No. So, can we just wait for the facts before we condem them all?

Please don't misunderstand me, I grieve for the Petitos and want whoever murdered their child brought to justice. However, I don't want to see people condemned on speculation. <modsnip>

If you have never been involved with law enforcement then it's easy to say "oh they should just go to the police". Jails and prisons are bursting with people who shouldn't be there, all because they were easiest to convict. No one should ever speak to police without a lawyer. <modsnip> All IMHO

Thanks for this well thought out and composed response. I agree that there is no way we can 100% rule out that that DID actually happen.

MOO

I know many might not agree, but IMO he’s dead in the Reserve.

Yes I agree. My opinion only: He took meds (prescriptions) from his parents on his "hike". He knew no matter what, he was looking at some prison term (i.e. first degree, manslaughter etc). He feels bad for himself only. He overdosed and is no longer.

Yeah...I can't imagine that the calls and texts were pleasant to receive! He may have been accusatory and called them a bunch of names and was yelling. If he threatened bodily harm, he was wrong and they would be alarmed...but they should have been alarmed way before he was calling them. jmo ETA If I could, I WOULD have driven over there to see if the van was there. Then I would have parked my car and insisted that NPPD meet me there, pronto. Let them do the interaction.....
IIRC, and I may not: We don’t know that he didn’t do a drive by to see if the van was there (wasn’t it in the garage though?) we just know he didn’t ever go to their house/on their property.

Unfortunately, I've thought Brian has been dead since it was first reported he was missing. The continued search of the reserve strengthens this feeling. No way he is alive if he is in there.
I'm beginning to lean that way. It would explain why CL and RL haven't made any pleas, why they seem so blase about the entire thing. It would also explain why they retrieved the car, if Brian did indeed drive it out there.
The only thing stopping me from fully believing he's dead is that LE commented that the dogs didn't pick up any indication that Brian had been at the reserve. Now I don't know if they meant they didn't find any evidence beyond the parking lot or if that included the parking lot where the car had been.

It's the whole point of a passport - it's supposed to be scanned/tracked by authorities. Airlines scan them, wouldn't ferries also?

Whereas, it isn't impossible to get into Mexico via a route that isn't supposed to be used.
I think.u.just.need.it.to get back in the U.S.

I agree that "IF" he's in the reserve, he's most likely deceased. I think he's been stashed away somewhere in a house, cabin, camper, etc. and hoping the heat lets up. Hopefully he is found one way or another for GP's family's sake.

I imagine we discussed this already many threads ago, but can’t recall. Certainly someone or some place has video of the mustang driving to or into the reserve, right?

I can see what she means - but an attorney will represent you until he knows that you are dead (unless instructed to administer your estate). If SB does not know if BL is alive or dead - then he still represents him. The ex-FBI agent didn't think this through.

I agree with you. The attorney-client privilege also survives the client's death. The client's estate steps in to the shoes of the client. So it's not like if he's dead you can suddenly start talking to the feds in violation of your ethical duties and privilege.

I'm beginning to lean that way. It would explain why CL and RL haven't made any pleas, why they seem so blase about the entire thing. It would also explain why they retrieved the car, if Brian did indeed drive it out there.
The only thing stopping me from fully believing he's dead is that LE commented that the dogs didn't pick up any indication that Brian had been at the reserve. Now I don't know if they meant they didn't find any evidence beyond the parking lot or if that included the parking lot where the car had been.
You think it's possible Brian left his parents a suicide note?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769