Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
On speculation that the Ls know BL is dead and that is why they are so blasé about him being MIA:

I don't think that is so. While I agree their behavior has been less than that of desperate worried parents. They seem rather the opposite. However, my biggest argument against them knowing for sure that BL is dead is that they would end their media circus protester torture and want their son's body found so they could bury this golden child of theirs. If he is dead and they know it for fact then the Ls would be screaming from the rooftops that their darling child is gone and needs to be found and laid to rest, thereby ending their own prisoner in our home situation.

Good point about their own "prisoner in our home".

I would surmise that they will be moving soon, and "accidentally lose" BL's (and GP's things) with his DNA or smell on them during the move. Great way for them to reduce their interactions with the Feds and simplify their lives and move to a safer place.

They are going to need some kind of gated or secure community, and that may not be enough if BL doesn't turn up soon.

You’ve misinterpreted my comment. I’m not addressing the September 2021 activity. I’m referencing the “ever” part of the disassociation.

I guess this isn’t weird to me. My mom had never been to my ex’s family’s house and I lived there. His family went to our house plenty of times before I moved in and after, but never the opposite, because his family isn’t social. You seem to think all families are super chummy with their children’s partners families and that just isn’t the case. It doesn’t mean her dad was uninvolved or didn’t care or whatever else you are trying to imply. Moo.

Yeah, it still could be a diversion though. Why wait 4 days to report your suicidal son missing?
Because that, in tandem with a fake suicide note, might cause LE to lean towards a death, if evidence was planted like DNA or some of his blood, then LE might think it was a suicide, then gators around, and quit looking. IMO

Because that, in tandem with a fake suicide note, might cause LE to lean towards a death, if evidence was planted like DNA or some of his blood, then LE might think it was a suicide, then gators around, and quit looking. IMO
Yes, that's what I was suggesting. But if BL thinks he can fake his death to make this all go away, good luck...

Brian Laundrie's Parents Back Helping FBI Search For Their Fugitive Son As Gabby Petito's Remains Fly Home

By:Ryan Naumann
Oct. 14 2021, Published 10:29 a.m. ET

Brian Laundrie
's parents have decided to continue assisting in the search for their missing son as the remains of his fiancée Gabby Petito are on their way home.

The Laundrie family lawyer, Steven Bertolino, told The Sun Brian's father Christopher will be out with the FBI today to show them more of his son's favorite trails nearby.

It’s sure looking this way, yes. I hope they can find enough for closure at this point. I doubt there will be any trial.

"Parents Back Helping"--yet the article only mentions ChL.

It's likely the truth came out when BL returned to North Port. His family may have told him to surrender. He fled. Guilty, angry, and dangerous, he may have ordered his parents not to look for him: if you look for me, I'll kill you and then myself. Same if you send the cops.

Still, I don't get why RL isn't looking for him along with her spouse. She, especially, strikes me as a tough cookie, as Long Islanders can be--people of a certain age there are often from Brooklyn/Queens, NYC. They tend to bring their attitudes with them to FL, and they generally don't play.

But regardless of background, if BL were my son, I'd have to look for him.

Last edited:
This was my initial thought on day one. I haven't veered much from it.
I think just the fact that he left his phone and wallet behind was enough for the parents to fear for his safety.

It would be great if all this time he has been in the reserve, finding shelter in cabins or staying close to a water source, but I think LE would have found signs of life by now. If he's alive in there it would be a miracle.

I’m about halfway through this thread and I was watching the body cam footage at like 4 am when I couldn’t sleep. My mind went into thinking: if Brian was able to hit her in public and not care (he was obviously angry enough), and Gabby was so upset and crying like she was during the police stop.. maybe that was the day she would’ve died if that man didn’t call in to 911. I think from that moment on the rage and anger in him just built up and built up until the time he killed her. And it’s such a shame. He could’ve kept his duck feet, murderous self in FL and let Joe or Jim fly to UT to drive Gabby back to NY.

It's the whole point of a passport - it's supposed to be scanned/tracked by authorities. Airlines scan them, wouldn't ferries also?

Whereas, it isn't impossible to get into Mexico via a route that isn't supposed to be used.

In Michigan we have enhanced IDs that contain an RFID chip. This serves as our state drivers license and can be used in lieu of a passport when going into Canada/Mexico by sea (including bridge/ferry) or land. New York, Vermont and Washington have a similar enhanced IDs.

If you have a valid U.S. passport you can still use it for entry.

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I was suggesting. But if BL thinks he can fake his death to make this all go away, good luck...
What if LE finds a trampled, fire-less campsite, and someone had sprinkled a quantity of his blood around. Or better yet, bloody clothes.

Reactions: GRT
Moo I see it as even simpler than that. She was asked what she thought was odd about all this. To her "all this" was what was happening since it blew up in the media. She says that she hasn't been able to talk to him. And then the next sentence was her blaming it on the attorneys. So she was saying she hadn't been able to talk to him about all this since the attorneys got involved.
Totally agree with your interpretation, Hyway. Your linear thought process opened my eyes to something that may help our timeline. The BBM makes me wonder if this could be an indication that the Laundrie's lawyer had not been contacted before the 6th. I understand it's far from a concrete statement but I wonder if it might be a healthy consideration?

IIRC, as far as I know, I don't believe they have footage of the Mustang going to the reserve (at least not that they've announced publicly).
It's also possible they have footage of BL's dad's red truck at the reserve. The parents initially told LE Brian went to the reserve on the 14th. But then, after further "discussion" with the FBI the parents admitted it was actually the 13th. Was it because the FBI convo went like this? "Well, Mr. L, we have evidence your truck <or you> were in the area of the reserve the evening of the 13th. How do you explain that?"

The FBI know this whole reserve thing is sketchy, but they persist in their search nonetheless. I am 99% convinced both Brian and CL were seen at the reserve, either on camera or by live witnesses. There is no other reason for them to continue searching there and for the parents to change their story. jmo

I think just the fact that he left his phone and wallet behind was enough for the parents to fear for his safety.

It would be great if all this time he has been in the reserve, finding shelter in cabins or staying close to a water source, but I think LE would have found signs of life by now. If he's alive in there it would be a miracle.
I wonder what was in the wallet, or not in the wallet.

On the WFLA live stream with the helicopter, the way those men are walking & pointing at things make me nervous for some reason lol idk why but I get nervous watching it & about come outta my chair when I see them point haha! Even tho I’ve been thinking to myself the whole time BL wasn’t even in the dang reserve lol!

If you remember, at that time Gabby's parents thought both kids were missing. They had no idea Brian was back at the home. Given that the Laundries weren't responding to calls or texts, it would be far more reasonable to assume that JP thought either something had happened to the Laundries or that the Laundries weren't home.
If I weren't able to reach my child or their fiance I would call friends and the fiance's family. Especially if the couple were living with the fiance's family. I'd call and if they didn't answer, I'd assume they might be travelling. If they didn't return any calls after a few days, I'd send LE over rather than take a trip to knock on the door of an empty home.
Removing hindsight completely, this was a situation where Gabby's family were worried about both Brian and Gabby at the time and when Brian's family also wouldn't return calls, I'm sure they became worried about them as well. It wasn't until the North Port police went to the Laundrie home that Gabby's parents realized Brian was home and Gabby wasn't with him.

Very possible. But thats my point. Lots of things are possible, but people get locked into their own theory and aren't open to imagining anything else being possible. What I said is very possible as well. There may be past history between the two families that might make the Laundries not want to engage with GP's family and instead let everything go through their lawyer once they knew something was wrong with their son's story. There is a lot of hate for them because they aren't telling us what we want to hear, through the media or directly by coming out to speak to protesters. They could have told LE everything they actually know. We don't know.

It has to be telling LE/FBI keep going back to the reserve. They must strongly suspect or have quality evidence that is the only place he went. The complete lack of sightings or other evidence of him out there backs this up. I would doubt even the best survivalist/SAS/Navy Seal could keep entirely off grid and unsighted for 30+ days with a full FBI manhunt in 2021. Much less so a 23yo amateur backpacker.

I stand by BL going to great lengths to commit suicide at the reserve in such a way it would be very difficult/impossible for him to be found. I don't think the lawyer saying he represents BL has much meaning regards him being dead or alive unless there is a weird rule/law about that?

I think they keep going back to the park because where else do they have to look? I think they follow up on every sighting, but since the parents gave their word that he was at the park, they basically are going to search it until he is either found there, found elsewhere, or they cover every inch of that place. They really have nothing to go by because he was likely gone days before she was reported missing. He could be anywhere. So at least this will make it look like they have an idea of where he is. If he is, I bet he has trench foot.

Good point about their own "prisoner in our home".

I would surmise that they will be moving soon, and "accidentally lose" BL's (and GP's things) with his DNA or smell on them during the move. Great way for them to reduce their interactions with the Feds and simplify their lives and move to a safer place.

They are going to need some kind of gated or secure community, and that may not be enough if BL doesn't turn up soon.
If they move, they may set up a land trust to buy and hold the property to shield true ownership - it's what I would do.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member