SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I think it was in the last day or two they specified Atlanta.

I'm pretty sure there's no Atlanta, Florida.

Could it be that these lawyers.... (Duh duh duh).... Lied to us??
It's all like a deadly and horrible game of ...
Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?
Who me?
Yes you!
Couldn't be!
Then who?

From same article...

"Griffin said Wednesday that his team was working to “peel back more layers of this onion” to see if Murdaugh’s addiction or various alleged financial misdeeds were the motives for someone to harm his family."

Sounds like, according to one of AM's lawyer's, that onion is going to make everyone cry tears for poor AM as his drug-induced state made him so vulnerable for others to take advantage of and kill his family members.

I guess these "someone"(s) figured either AM needs insurance money to give me for blackmail not to squeal on his misdeeds or AM stole money from me, I'm mad and I'm going to kill his wife and "child". Hummm which one, I wonder?

Oh wait there might be a third option. AM set up the murders so he could benefit in all ways from MM not divorcing him and looking into his questionable finances. As it turns out PM also happened to be there at Moselle and now AM wouldn't have to sit through his felonious trial.

Now he just has to figure out who could have killed them...maybe a drug-dealing distant relative did it?

How big is this onion?

Exactly!

Senator Rankin Infamous "Insider" Judicial Appointments Part Of Local And National Scandals MyrtleBeachSC News

Senator Rankin Infamous “Insider” Judicial Appointments Part Of Local And National Scandals

And at the center of the Murdaugh drama sits infamous S.C. Judge Carmen Mullen appointed by Horry County Senator Luke Rankin.

Rankin sits on the powerful Judicial Merit Selection Commission (JMSC).

S.C. is only one of two states in the union that allows legislators to pick judicial appointments.

The JMSC is is steeped in controversy for its ongoing approval of suspicious judges.

As Columbia, S.C.’s WIS T.V. 10 news reported: “The [judge’s] conduct throughout the guilty plea and sentencing of Defendant Richard M. Quinn, Jr. flies in the face on constitutional law and South Carolina law,” Pascoe wrote in the motion.

Quinn and his father were both in the courtroom, but both played minor roles. It was Pascoe and the judge, Carmen Mullen, who stole to show when they quickly became ensnarled in a legal spar.

Weeks ago, Judge Mullen gave Quinn, Jr. a sentence of two years of probation, 500 hours of community service, and a fine on the one misconduct in office charge. To Pascoe, it was a letdown, and it was a decision he almost immediately challenged. During that hearing, Mullen didn’t give him an opportunity to address the court, so he filed his ‘motion to reconsider’ days later.
I didn't realize Judge Mullen was "infamous"!? Time to get the popcorn ready.

Alex Murdaugh's lawyer details day of roadside shooting in alleged botched suicide scheme

"The irony of ironies in this, he had a significant life insurance policy," Griffin added. "He had a suicide exclusion, but that suicide exclusion was no longer valid because under South Carolina law, they’re only effective for two years. That policy was taken out more than two years ago. Alex was unaware of that. Had he known that, he did not need to involve anyone else."

BBM
Sez who? I don't believe a personal injury lawyer of AM's experience wouldn't know what his insurance policy was, every little detail.

His lawyer saying that he didn't know and his...oh so see he didn't have to hire a hitman, he could have killed himself-speil...only makes me know all the more that cousin Eddie is lucky to be alive. I think AM had a much different plan in mind than killing himself so BM could get rich. Nope, not buying it. AJMO

I totally agree.

Also from the article:

"Assuming a high-end street value of $80 per pill, this amount of cash would have purchased a staggering 125,000 pills – enough oxycontin to keep even the hardest core addict supplied for 114 years, I noted.

In other words, if Murdaugh – who remains at the epicenter of the still-unspooling ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga – actually stole that much money from his erstwhile law partners, it is doubtful he spent all of it (or even most of it) on drugs.

This “$10 million opioid addiction” theory – advanced by attorney Dick Harpootlian – is one of many demonstrably false narratives put forward by Murdaugh’s counselors as they invoke a deceptive, discombobulated defense strategy on behalf of their client, whose family and law firm are currently embroiled in no fewer than six state-level criminal inquiries."

Shocking (says no one).
I’m going to play devils advocate here with regards to the 114,000 pills.
Do you know what strength the $80 pill is in mg terms? The reason I ask is because what if that is a 5mg pill?

I am a user of Oxycodone after I suffered catastrophic injuries falling down 20ft of stairs and being temporarily paralysed and learning to walk again over an 18month period with spinal cord damages resulting from the fall and many surgeries since. I have been on pain meds , thoroughly and closely monitored by my Dr’s on a monthly basis for 12 years, if I don’t have them,then my life is one of existence with tremendous pain as opposed to living life when taking them and still being in pain and some days (often 2/3 per week) being unable to walk sufficiently to leave my house but I am still able to have some sort of life which is more than an existence. So I have ( after a very long time) now accepted that I will need them for a long time to come and as my Dr states, I have to realise that to have any kind of life quality, I need to control my pain by taking this medication and realising that for me, it’s no different than a diabetic being reliant on insulin ( albeit they could die without it ) in order to live any kind of life . I would like to be drug free but I don’t ever see this as a possibility as over the years I have tried alternative medicines and pain patches, all to no avail and I have had two surgeries to cauterise my nerve endings around my spinal cord, to prevent the pain signals being sent to my brain but although the test surgery using a different method to block the signals , worked for a couple of days, the actual surgery used a totally different method to get long term nerves to brain signal blockers which unfortunately failed and in fact has now caused me a completely new problem where my nerves all of a sudden play dead and I fall and the falls are becoming more and more frequent.
Anyway, these drugs start as low as 5mg pills and go up incrementally 10mg pills, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg and 160mg pill.
The longer you take them, the more your body becomes dependent on them and so it could be that AM started off with a 5mg or 10mg pill and then took 20mg pill when they were no longer sufficient etc
But, whereas mine are legally prescribed, is it a case of when trying to purchase on the black market or dark web that you are able to pay different prices for different pill mg? Or do you have to get what is available at the time because its dependant on where the pills are obtained from and if legally obtained by a rogue Dr or obtained on the Streets illegally with purchasing from a street dealer ?
The reason I ask is because say for example sake, AM required 80mg in the morning and 80mg in the evening if 12 hour MST release, could it be that the 160 total mg was made up of 16 x 10mg pills at $80 per pill , equating to $1280.00 per day or 16 pills daily , that would eat into anyone’s finances much sooner and the suggested 125,000 as stated by @swedeheart in this post OR could it be $80 for an 80mg pill which equals two pills a day at a cost of $160 per day ( which means it would take a lot longer to spend all the money on these drugs as the amount that AM has suggested he’s spent and the 125,000 pills would last a lot longer).
Furthermore, I am referring to the twice daily dose with long term release. But what if AM was on Oxycodone/OxyContin short term release of ? mg every 4-6 hours?
This would cost even more money as more pills would be required if for example he was on 80mg tablets every 4-6 hours so 6 x 80mg tablets @ $80 per pill if 4 hourly = $480 per day OR 4 x 80mg tablets @ $80 per pill if 6 hourly = $320 per day BUT if for example he had to pay $80 for each 10mg pill then his 4 hour per day bill , using 4 hourly habit of 48 x 10mg pills @ $80 per pill would = $3840 per day or if 6 hourly 32 x $80 = $2560.

(Apologies for all the numbers but it really does depend on factors suchas
*what his daily dose is ?
*is that dose made up of short term quick release tablets or long term slow release tablets ?
*how many doses are required ? *what mg tablet the $80 quoted by @swedeheart refers to?

This then gives you an idea of how many tablets are required on a daily basis and what it is likely to cost .

Is it known if AM was ever legally prescribed these drugs for an injury?
And if so, STR or LTR ?
And what dose?
Thank you
All MOO

Indeed. I think it was in the last day or two they specified Atlanta.

I'm pretty sure there's no Atlanta, Florida.

Could it be that these lawyers.... (Duh duh duh).... Lied to us??

HA! Possibly , once again, these brilliant, genius lawyers WERE MISLED!
Of course they were not misled. Just as in other situations where lies worked well.

Last edited:
Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin, lawyers for Alex Murdaugh, issued the following response to Murdaugh's arrest:

"Alex Murdaugh was taken into custody this morning at a Florida rehabilitation center. Alex is expected to be transported by SLED to Beaufort County where he will appear before a Magistrate for a bond hearing tomorrow.

We have not seen the warrants but have been informed that he is charged with two counts of obtaining goods under false pretenses relating to the settlement proceeds from the Estate of Gloria Satterfield.

Alex intends to fully cooperate with this investigation, as he has with the investigation into the murder of his wife and son. He deeply regrets that his actions have distracted from the efforts to solve their murders."

Alex Murdaugh arrested, awaits extradition to South Carolina

Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin, lawyers for Alex Murdaugh, issued the following response to Murdaugh's arrest:

"Alex Murdaugh was taken into custody this morning at a Florida rehabilitation center. Alex is expected to be transported by SLED to Beaufort County where he will appear before a Magistrate for a bond hearing tomorrow.

We have not seen the warrants but have been informed that he is charged with two counts of obtaining goods under false pretenses relating to the settlement proceeds from the Estate of Gloria Satterfield.

Alex intends to fully cooperate with this investigation, as he has with the investigation into the murder of his wife and son. He deeply regrets that his actions have distracted from the efforts to solve their murders."

Alex Murdaugh arrested, awaits extradition to South Carolina

He deeply regrets that his actions have distracted from the efforts to solve their murders."

Yes, yes - look over here! Not at the murders of which I haven't sat for an LE interview, nor turned over the gun I have that resembles one used to kill my wife! Look anywhere else but at the murders! :rolleyes:

<snipped>

Griffin said he is still working to obtain Murdaugh's records from the Savannah hospital. He pledged to release those documents, along with the airlift records, once he gets them and obtains permission from Murdaugh.

Weren't his attorneys trying to block a subpoena for AMs medical records a month ago?

Weren't his attorneys trying to block a subpoena for AMs medical records a month ago?

Alex Murdaugh's medical records in question after alleged botched shooting
"Griffin has not returned Fox News Digital’s request for comment about such medical records, which are also being sought by lawyer Mark Tinsley, representing the mother of 19-year-old Mallory Beach."

I remember reading something about AM's attorneys trying to prevent his medical records from being produced. Don't have link.

Am I misremembering one of AM's lawyers (Harp?) say some time last month that when they recently met with him while he was in detox or rehab, it was the first time they had seen him clean/not on drugs for the first time in years? Does that sound familiar?

Alex Murdaugh's medical records in question after alleged botched shooting
"Griffin has not returned Fox News Digital’s request for comment about such medical records, which are also being sought by lawyer Mark Tinsley, representing the mother of 19-year-old Mallory Beach."

I remember reading something about AM's attorneys trying to prevent his medical records from being produced. Don't have link.

I do.

HAMPTON, S.C. (WSAV) – Alex Murdaugh‘s attorneys have filed a motion to stop medical records from his shooting earlier this month from being released to the court

Will Alex Murdaugh’s medical records be kept private? | WSAV-TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member