Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, you just sent my brain to a cray cray place!

So, IF what people are thinking is true that BL was hiding GP's phone from her in the "spot" (his words as to where it was) in the van.

Then he more than likely hid that phone from her under or around her seat. Right under her nose.

So, if we continued with this pattern of thinking, where then would he hide himself from the police?

He is right under their noses. So close to them they don't even look there. :eek:

moo.
I, personally, think he probably took her phone from her on a regular basis. Jmo.

Assuming Brian is alive, I have to think that he has a phone so he can stay aware of the search locations. If that is true, sending in men with guns draws alot of attention to that area. And Brian would definitely avoid it and think he was safe elsewhere.

Maybe the police are setting him up. The men with guns is just a distraction.

SBM. In the Moab stop bodycam video I watched, Brian stopped less than 10 seconds after the police lights or siren was activated. Not much evasion going on there IMHO.

You're so right. He pulled over in about 8 seconds, fully cooperated, was polite with the LE officers etc.

As was Gabby. Both came across to me as polite and well mannered, and fully cooperative with the police.

MOO

Rifle-Wielding Cops, Crime Scene Tape for ‘Training' at Laundrie Search Site Spark Confusion

Yellow tape bearing the words "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS" at one of the entrances to Florida's sprawling Carlton Reserve, which has been the focal point of the search for Gabby Petito's fiancé Brian Laundrie, was placed to give a local special response team space to train Friday, North Port police said.

The FBI, with whose search NBC affiliate WFLA reported North Port police said trainees were involved, did not comment on the enhanced activity.

Rifle-Wielding Cops, Crime Scene Tape for ‘Training' at Laundrie Search Site Spark Confusion

Yellow tape bearing the words "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS" at one of the entrances to Florida's sprawling Carlton Reserve, which has been the focal point of the search for Gabby Petito's fiancé Brian Laundrie, was placed to give a local special response team space to train Friday, North Port police said.

The FBI, with whose search NBC affiliate WFLA reported North Port police said trainees were involved, did not comment on the enhanced activity.

I'm personally a tiny bit skeptical of this explanation, because the police tape was taken down around 10ish (central time) and the searchers with rifles came in a couple of hours later. Unless those guys weren't the trainees...in which case, who were they? MOO

OK, you just sent my brain to a cray cray place!

So, IF what people are thinking is true that BL was hiding GP's phone from her in the "spot" (his words as to where it was) in the van.

Then he more than likely hid that phone from her under or around her seat. Right under her nose.

So, if we continued with this pattern of thinking, where then would he hide himself from the police?

He is right under their noses. So close to them they don't even look there. :eek:

moo.
He was hiding her phone? I never knew that.....

I'm personally a tiny bit skeptical of this explanation, because the police tape was taken down around 10ish (central time) and the searchers with rifles came in a couple of hours later. Unless those guys weren't the trainees...in which case, who were they? MOO
I know training and things need to happen but it worries me that if GP’s family are watching the news (we know they are in contact with JB) that if they see the police tape etc it might make them believe BL has been found. I’m sure the FBI would inform them swiftly but still I know I’d have been on the edge of my seat today if I was in their shoes. All MOO
I do think that they are perhaps training them whilst searching for BL (more eyes I guess) JMO

Just because you have the "right" to not incriminate yourself is not the same as saying "dont' talk to the police". If no one ever talked to the police, that is when our system is broken.

The original point was why did he not talk to the police at his home in Florida - my opinion is that he didn't want them to notice he was wounded, scratched up, and didn't want to reveal his guilt by talking like he did in Utah. He was talkative in Utah. Not at all in Florida.

Gabby was not his possession. She was a person with rights herself - rights he took away - and someone's daughter, and sister, and granddaughter. It was not BL's right to hide what happened to her just because he felt like "Constitutional rights" should be exercised for the heck of it.

JMO

Constitutional rights aren't situational though. People don't need a "good reason" to exercise them.

I realize many people think BL and his parents should have acted differently after he returned to FL. But to suggest he (or they) made a mistake by exercising legal rights just for "the heck of it?" I'm not understanding that perspective.
JMO

It’s very confusing. Tape up then down, leave the area and come back armed with many LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gio1tobey