Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constitutional rights aren't situational though. People don't need a "good reason" to exercise them.

I realize many people think BL and his parents should have acted differently after he returned to FL. But to suggest he (or they) made a mistake by exercising legal rights just for "the heck of it?" I'm not understanding that perspective.
JMO

I liked this post. But want to share with you all that my initial reaction was horror in that the Laundries, all 3 of them refused to say a word on where Gabby was when her parents missed her. Hit me hard.

Brian Entin finally asked SB the question a lot of people have been wondering about, "Do you personally know where Brian is?"

SB said he doesn't. Entin followed up by saying he understood attorney-client covered a lot and that's why they wanted to just ask straightforward, and he was sure, if SB knew, he would tell him.

SB's response: "No, I wouldn't, but I don't."

Well, okay, then.

Start around the 15 min. mark.

Brian Entin finally asked SB the question a lot of people have been wondering about, "Do you personally know where Brian is?"

SB said he doesn't. Entin followed up by saying he understood attorney-client covered a lot and that's why they wanted to just ask straightforward, and he was sure, if SB knew, he would tell him.

Well, okay, then.

Hmm he may not know exactly where BL is, but I wonder if SB knows whether BL is still alive?

Well, okay, then.

I think if SB knew, he may have said 'no comment'.

This video was posted earlier today by NBC New York. It’s a really great interview (IMO) with forensics expert Joseph Scott Morgan discussing Gabby’s autopsy. I watched it earlier & thought some of y’all might like to watch it as well. So, I thought I’d share! :) IMO it’s very informative. He talks about the possible DNA, explanation of the COD, his thoughts on what the coroner said, timeline of releasing the info (MOD, COD…), etc. Lots of good tid bits of info in there IMO.

ETA: embedded link

I liked this post. But want to share with you all that my initial reaction was horror in that the Laundries, all 3 of them refused to say a word on where Gabby was when her parents missed her. Hit me hard.

I understand your perspective @jamicat. I'm not at all sure I would have done what the Laundries have done. But I do think their right to remain silent should be respected. It's kind of like the right to free speech. Easy enough to support if we like the speech. Hard to support when we don't but that's when it's important to defend.

JMO

I realize many people think BL and his parents should have acted differently after he returned to FL. But to suggest he (or they) made a mistake by exercising legal rights just for "the heck of it?" I'm not understanding that perspective.
JMO

I understand we have legal rights to the 5th amendment. However, I know for certain I would have not acted as did the Laundries.

If there were even a question that my child had murdered someone he loved, I would fear for my safety and the rest of my family with him under my roof. He may have already killed “the love of his life.” What assurance do I have that he loves us too much to kill us, too?

It’s not like we haven’t had forums on WS with people who slaughtered their families after seemingly living a normal life prior to that, and if Brian were my child I’d know he may have killed already, no matter what he is telling me.

<modsnip>

So, JMO IMO MOO—if there were even a hint that my adult child could have killed a loved one—— no, never under my roof again. I’d pay for a lawyer, maybe, but from a distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not an attorney but I doubt it. While the specifics of state laws differ, in general to prevail on those grounds I'm pretty sure the defendant's actions have to be extreme, outrageous, and/or beyond the bounds of human decency.

While some here are outraged the Laundries declined to speak with LE, that action was hardly extreme or outrageous from a legal perspective. (Even if it wasn't specifically recommended by their attorney [and I think it was] it was a reasonable action to take legally.) And that action was not "done to" the Petito family. I can't think of any actions that that were. Failing to answer calls or texts for one day wouldn't be enough either IMO. I understand people here were outraged but no one has to answer the telephone. We've also seen the Laundries go to the store, go to an appt, mow the grass, clean up stuff protesters left like laundry baskets from their lawn, garden, and we saw CL accompany an FBI search party. I don't think any of that's enough. But I could be wrong.

JMO

The Laundries' failure to respond to GP's family's multiple attempts at contact delayed their contact with LE to report GP missing and delayed the finding of her body. They delayed reporting their son missing. I hope the Laundrie parents are charged with aiding and abetting their criminal son. jmo

I agree. Though much has been made of those episodes, MOO, they were not such harbingers of BL being a killer. In retrospect, only. People have arguments, get angry, lose their tempers, do and say unfortunate things. Following it up with murder or just ditching someone in the wild is not usual.
Gabby’s fsmily have out and out said they were fine with her being with BL. Yeah, the dad might have ribbed him and I’m sure all was not perfect, but I don’t think any red flags like this. That’s what is so horrific about this case.

I live in an area where DV, assault, physical fights, yes, even killings, happen too often. Rated high in violent crimes. Usually, the characters are known, and the crime no ng surprise to all who know the cast here. Just waiting for the explosion. But not this case.

I was Ed Buck's neighbor. We talked often over the years and were both members of our local Neighborhood Watch. He came to my door to ask me the support him for a City Council run. Let me tell you, we were all surprised to find out what he was capable of and what he did. And I've lost friends to murder twice now and live in a place where crime is rampant.

I am still surprised by human behavior. Often. I don't think anyone saw what happened to Gabby coming. MOO.

Mods, delete if too off topic. Link for clarity. Just wanted to make a point.
"Ed Buck Found Guilty In West Hollywood Overdose Deaths – CBS Los Angeles" Ed Buck Found Guilty In West Hollywood Overdose Deaths – CBS Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop