Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t find anywhere that SB declared he represents BL. What is the source as that fact that seem impossible given he acknowledges BL is missing and not located. A family attorney is often more of a spokesperson speaking on behalf of a family, a function he appears to me to be performing, like it or not.

The Laundrie family’s attorney, Steve Bertolino, released a statement to NewsNation Now reporter Brian Entin after the cause of death was released.

• “Gabby Petito’s death at such a young age is a tragedy. While Brian Laundrie is currently charged with the unauthorized use of a debit card belonging to Gabby, Brian is only considered a person of interest in relation to Gabby Petito’s demise. At this time Brian is still missing and when he is located we will address the pending fraud charge against him.”

Brian Laundrie’s family attorney reacts to Gabby Petito’s cause of death

the best i have been able to find regarding who SB does and does not represent from a source who seems to be accepted here is the following...(you'll have to scroll down below the video for the text exchange...

https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1445357441647005696/photo/1

There’s a lot of theories floating around and a lot of debate, but I just wanted to take a moment to say that for me, this case is all about Gabby. I want justice for her and answers for her family. I think sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in the what-ifs and could-haves but ultimately this is about Gabby. She was a beautiful soul with so much ambition who I can envision myself being friends with, laughing and exploring the world with—I mourn her and the loss of the light she shown on this world. She was taken from us far too soon. Through her Instagram and TikTok, Gabby inspired me to start living in the moment and stop taking things for granted—that’s what her legacy means to me and I’d like to think she’s smiling down on all of us right now, encouraging us to live our lives to the fullest, however short or long they may be. Gabby, may you rest in peace and power and may your memory be like a field of wildflowers, always growing and creating beauty in this world.

Thank you! I wonder what 'the other two places' were?

One of the many missing pieces....... I'm going to be optimistic and say that the FBI must have a truckload of video evidence of their movements once he arrived back in North Port and all of his movements of at least public appearances from 8/26 on and GP as well.

yes, but there must be a limit in law in terms of amount of time that is reasonable.
This cannot extend to infinity which is what the OP queried.
Are they gonna pay for the next 60 years?

IANAL but doesn't it take several years before you can have someone declared dead? I assume he could theoretically continue to represent BL until such a time as he is dead or declared dead. MOO

Well, then they should have been seen in the actual campground in Spread Creek - where many people had cameras.
Snipped ALOT for brevity, but have reposted below. My responses in italics and red.
Well, then they should have been seen in the actual campground in Spread Creek - where many people had cameras.

Perhaps they were - we don't know what has not been made public.

Yet, the van was only seen about a mile away from the nearest neighbors. Gabby, who doesn't like outdoors, doesn't walk a mile to try and meet total strangers. They are in an illegal campsite and not near any other campers. The Bethunes would have been in that other campground as well.

I'm sorry - and I'm not being crass - but who tours in a van if they don't like the outdoors? The Bethunes passed the van in probably a minute - does not mean that someone else did not turn up after and/or they could have walked to mean G and B.

So there was no way to "leave Gabby". in safe hands that were a mile away. And in the legal campground, everyone can see and hear everyone else.

No - they met up near where she was found

Why did Brian make the turn onto that spur road, and park at a place that is not available for camping - but instead, for target practice and archery? Did either of them know they were camping illegally? They. sure did know that Dyrt.com said to camp in a designated space (or to join up with someone already on such a space).

No idea - is it relevant somehow? Trying to understand your thought process here.

Since there were never any other campers near Gabby, I don't think your theory works. There wasn't even a parking space for another set of campers.

They could have parked nearby?

Why does he not look right next to where their own (stolen) tent must have been? Because I do believe the reports that say there was evidence of them camping at Spread Creek. Did he leave Gabby without a tent, without a tarp, with nothing to sit on? Why didn't he get his flashlight and signal around and call for her? Then, wouldn't he have headed to the other campers (about a mile away) to see if she was there? Why would he just take off if he thought Gabby was socializing (and take her phone, van, and, apparently, all her things?)

No - he left her with the tent and just took the tarp. By the time he returned to the van and started looking and it was getting dark. He was not quite sure where the tent was. Or he thought she had left him? In this scenario - whoever killed Gabby has the tent, tent contents and phone - but wallet was left in van.

Or do you thisnk he offloaded her stuff right there, so she could find it later, took off and ravens got to it? I find that very improbable and I believe she would have been found sooner had he placed her phone and other things where she could find it. Did she have her wallet? Why isn't he willing to tell that? Why hasn't she used her own credit cards - did he take those cards out of her wallet BEFORE she went to socialize? Why?
See above - wallet in van - but I get your point. No Gabby should equal no wallet and if wallet in van, somethig has happened to Gabby.

I am for Occam's razor. He had her wallet and her phone, he had her credit cards and probably her Apple Wallet too.

How do you explain him walking to Colter Creek (he doesn't take off right away, the van is still there) and then hitchhiking back?

I did explain that in my theory - under hiking

Why not just open his eyes and see Gabby (who would have been quite visible) by walking a hundred yards or so and flashing a light - or waiting until broad daylight?
Because he thought she had left him

Wouldn't a. person alert authorities if their fiancée. appeared to have been kidnapped?
Not Kidnapped - she went of her own accord with others (but see comments in relation to wallet).

I don’t understand when some people say it will be difficult to forensically tie Brian Laundrie to Gabby’s homicide just because they were together all the time. The police was about to make an arrest for Thomas Sharkey a YEAR later, for the strangulation murder of his wife where he left her body lying on the side of the road.. and they had a ton of persons of interests to go through and rule out from the list.. Unfortunately the coward ended his life before the police ever got to him.
LE were after TS's DNA. They wanted a sample from him and he gave them the run around. He must have known that his DNA would tie him to her death and I think LE knew that too.

Thank you for the link.
:0)

My first thought was, so SB states that Christopher was there to point out his son's "favorite trails and spots."

Yet, he says Brian's dad came up empty in Florida park search.

Why was he not able to show them his son's favorite trails and favorite spots?
I mean that can't be too difficult.
Honestly the parents haven’t lived there that long and I highly doubt BL even had favorite trails IMO- the whole preserve thing is just off to me - like it’s all made up? It’s not like there is any supporting evidence of him even being there in his social media is there?
Or anyone’s for that matter ?
JMO

I can’t find anywhere that SB declared he represents BL. What is the source as that fact that seem impossible given he acknowledges BL is missing and not located. A family attorney is often more of a spokesperson speaking on behalf of a family, a function he appears to me to be performing, like it or not.

<snip>
BBM
I am looking for the link.
Bertolino was asked point blank during an interview with WFLA who he represented and he answered that he represents Brian and both L parents.
It struck me as very odd.

ETA Found it!
From Oct 13.
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

“The attorney has repeatedly said he is representing the family and he is representing Brian Laundrie. You would not represent someone who is not alive.” -Former FBI Agent Jennifer Coffindaffer still thinks Brian Laundrie is alive.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1448462301900726279?s=20

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you know they know that. If you have a source, please share. I'm sure everyone would be interested.

But actions taken before charges are filed vs after they are filed often have different legal consequences.

And some charges require the principal (in this case BL) to be found guilty before auxillary persons can be charged.

JMO

<modsnip> My comments aren’t actually about the evidence that we currently know about. What I am referring to is what his parents did and why they did it-it isn’t about what the prosecution can prove-it’s about what the Laundries believed their son was capable and guilty of doing. In other words, I think they reacted based on what they think or know happened, not what they think can be proved. They got him out of there because they think he killed Gabby. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM
. . . In her van, allegedly with her credit card, and why not think when her parents called, that maybe GP was with them and wanted to patch things up. I think there are other possibilities to consider, but his behavior alludes to someone who was running, and then kept running. JMO
I agree that there are other possibilities to consider. The puzzler for me is why take a break mid way between running?

But we do not know what the evidence is yet, do we? I am sure the defence would go with someone else did it if the evidence is not strong.
I guess you mean the autopsy evidence might not prove BL is the killer of GP. But there is really strong circumstantial evidence against BL. He was her long-time companion and driver. They lived together in Florida and there are plenty of pics of them together on Instagram. The van was parked close to where she died in a place away from other campers. People saw the van parked there, which is how LE knew where to search and discovered the body. Even without the Moab and Merry Piglets incidents showing BL's anger issues, a jury might convict just based on BL's proximity to the body and opportunity.to kill her. Add in the fact he drove away without her, which meant he knew she was either dead or missing. So either he killed her himself or didn't care that someone else might have kidnapped or hurt her. He never reported anything about it to police in Wyoming, which makes him seem guilty. A good defense attorney might come up with some scenarios to spin, but that doesn't mean a jury will buy any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid