Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

A mother who puts her child before the child of another?

Can we level criticism at her for not being a "good mother" and contacting Gabby's parents, when in doing so would've made her relinquish any natural motherly instinct to protect her own son?

MOO
Question, if I may.
What if he had robbed a bank and in the process of armed robbery he shot and killed an innocent bank employee. Would the parents be justified in helping him evade justice? What is the difference in this case? Murder is murder is murder.
Jmo

I suspect both were Buddhists. Tibetan prayer flags, yoga, meditation, vegetarians. I am very familiar with those flags. I have hung them myself.

And if so, what happened so much more horrifying. Buddhists try to respect all life.

Just my opinion, but I bet it was Gabby who hung the prayer flags.

It shows utter contempt for her, IMHO.

I see it that way as well, but I'm kind of a neat freak and I don't live with clutter or anyone who appreciates a lot of "stuff" in their environment.

But I think this is something that couples / families / housemates might need to arrive at together over time. Even as a neat freak, I can see how my own view could drive someone who isn't a neat freak bananas. (I am SURE I have made some visitors crazy over the years!) So even though I agree that I could't survive that van environment...I don't know if he really was displaying contempt for her in the way he arranged his things haphazardly. I think there's room to view this as a fundamental difference between them, something that either needs compromise or...a break-up. I think Gabby was arriving at that understanding when her choices were robbed from her.

Not sure that makes sense....hope so.

Well, that is possible, but I meant that after he strangled her in a storm of emotion, he went out on foot to walk and calm down. Probably picked a random direction. And then when he calmed down, he hitched back as reported by two different people. Then did whatever other cleanup he needed and left in the van.
If they actually camped, wouldn't he have cleaned up the camp right after her killed her, packed up the stuff, stuck it in a backpack and disposed of it on his hike so he wouldn't have to return to see her body decomposing? Just get back to the van and leave? I figured he got back to the van around 7pm or a bit later on the 29th and it only takes an hour or less to get to Jackson to be seen buying gas, though so he may have made another stop somewhere between the campground and Jackson. Just thoughts. jmo

Question, if I may.
What if he had robbed a bank and in the process of armed robbery he shot and killed an innocent bank employe. Would the parents be justified in helping him evade justice? What is the difference in this case? Murder is murder is murder.
Jmo

I think the type of crime is irrelevant IMO. I don't think a parent would be selective about that. If they were going to protect their child I'd imagine they'd do it regardless of whether they'd hypothetically shot and killed an innocent bank employee or hypothetically strangled their girlfriend.

JMO

I think the type of crime is irrelevant IMO. I don't think a parent would be selective about that. If they were going to protect their child I'd imagine they'd do it regardless of whether they'd hypothetically shot and killed an innocent bank employee or hypothetically strangled their girlfriend.

JMO
And it would be wrong. Jmo

Which part of the Ls and Ps being next door neighbors in NY do you think was debunked? Sounds like something worth setting straight.
We can't sleuth the parents here, but real estate records are usually publicly available.
It has been widely reported that Gabby and BL first met in high school.

What we know about Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of Gabrielle Petito.
Mr. Laundrie first met Ms. Petito at Bayport-Blue Point High School on Long Island, according to Ms. Petito’s stepfather, Jim Schmidt.

Those are definitely Tibetan prayer flags

I suspect both were Buddhists. Tibetan prayer flags, yoga, meditation, vegetarians. I am very familiar with those flags. I have hung them myself.

And if so, what happened so much more horrifying. Buddhists try to respect all life.
SBM

That could be taken a couple of ways. Was Brian controlling about her going out with any of her friends or could it have just been Rose in particular he didn't want her to go out with?

Maybe. As I previously read, they did have friends in HS and dated other people. Maybe he thought going to bars etc was bad. Especially, if they did not drink. Gabby mentioned in Moab stop neither drank.

Maybe more like wannabe Buddhists. I don’t get any sort of spiritual vibe from either of them not even from Gabby.

Question, if I may.
What if he had robbed a bank and in the process of armed robbery he shot and killed an innocent bank employe. Would the parents be justified in helping him evade justice? What is the difference in this case? Murder is murder is murder.
Jmo

This! And why aren't they begging for him to turn himself in? Using the excuse that he may be in the reserve and wouldn't see it is absolute NONSENSE!

When the cops showed up on Sept 11 they already had the lawyer on speed dial and his business card ready to hand to the cops. My guess is that when they got the message from Joseph Petito that he was going to be calling the police they contacted the lawyer ASAP.

I have ZERO doubt that heard/saw the messages from Joseph Petitio and Nichole Schmidt concerning not being able to contact Gabby or Brian.

I have looked and haven’t seen this linked yet, apologies if I missed it.
Gabby Petito's fiancé has resources to get out of US illegally, friend says
I know we heard briefly from a HS friend of BL and they friends father but it wasn’t anything much. This article is a bit odd as well IMO, they don’t give names and talk about how BL was heavy in school. But they do discuss what countries BL would be interested in going to and how they think he had the resources-this piece seems odd to me-what normal law abiding friend do you have that you think could get a hold of fake identification? Just sat different with me I guess?

Snipped by me
"I think he'd be able to put the resources together to get out of the country, either illegally or under some sort of a fake identification,” the friend told The Sun.

“He's the type of person that would be able to drop everything to secure his means of not being captured and to evade arrest or evade prosecution from what seems to be a pending crime."

They also discuss the countries he may go to and why.
bbm
Thanks for the msm link. ^^^

Re. the bolded : IF anyone is helping BL, it stands to reason they're not law-abiding. ;)
Again the question might be : What connections does his family have if any ?
Although it could be a friend.
Who is going to go along with this and support him and for how long ?
The rest of his life ?
Imo.

If they actually camped, wouldn't he have cleaned up the camp right after her killed her, packed up the stuff, stuck it in a backpack and disposed of it on his hike so he wouldn't have to return to see her body decomposing? Just get back to the van and leave? I figured he got back to the van around 7pm or a bit later on the 29th and it only takes an hour or less to get to Jackson to be seen buying gas, though so he may have made another stop somewhere between the campground and Jackson. Just thoughts. jmo

Well, he might have, but I think it's more likely he wanted to just get away and walked rapidly or even ran in a random direction before he calmed down.

He wouldn't have any need to dispose of the camping gear unless there's blood or something on it, which is less likely given he strangled her. His DNA is going to be all over everything anyway, so that proves nothing

And it would be wrong. Jmo

Would you turn your child in (or hypothetical child, if you don't have children) for any crime they'd committed?

I mean literally any crime, from speeding 3mph over the speed limit, to parking somewhere they shouldn't, to being involved in a fight, to a potential murder?

Brian had to have told his parents something when he returned. They had the lawyer on speed dial when the cops showed up on Sept 11.
Not necessarily. I think it is very possible that when he first returned he gave them some story as explanation. Once the Petitos started contacting them, more would have come out. I don’t think I have seen a timeline of the exact date of the first text to the Laundries. My guess is the first was sometime between the 6th and the 10th. I think this first text could be when the Laundries realized something was wrong and when they engaged their lawyer. Just my opinion.

IMO, this is the condo that BL's parents owned that Gabby and BL lived in per Rose's description. It is decorated the way a young couple would decorate it and it is very close to Publix where BL worked and Taco Bell where Gabby worked. We now have an MSM link that shows Gabby & BL lived in a condo owned by his parents. They sold this condo to someone from another state last June. So we are NOT sleuthing the parents as this is not their property anymore, but this fits where Rose says Gabby and BL lived.

and I think this is the clip which imstilla.grandma connected to it , later in the thread.
(Maybe any WSer who is familiar with the local area would able to confirm but unfortunately Brian Entin doesn't name the neighbourhood which CL & FBI stopped at, after the trip to the Reserve)
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1446288963073888259

This! And why aren't they begging for him to turn himself in? Using the excuse that he may be in the reserve and wouldn't see it is absolute NONSENSE!

When the cops showed up on Sept 11 they already had the lawyer on speed dial and his business card ready to hand to the cops. My guess is that when they got the message from Joseph Petito that he was going to be calling the police they contacted the lawyer ASAP.

I have ZERO doubt that heard/saw the messages from Joseph Petitio and Nichole Schmidt concerning not being able to contact Gabby or Brian.

Their story is that they were/are concerned he may try to hurt himself but no public messages to Brian saying "We don't know know if you will hear/or see this BUT Please don't hurt yourself, please come home and turn yourself in"

Their silence speaks VOLUMES.

I see it that way as well, but I'm kind of a neat freak and I don't live with clutter or anyone who appreciates a lot of "stuff" in their environment.

But I think this is something that couples / families / housemates might need to arrive at together over time. Even as a neat freak, I can see how my own view could drive someone who isn't a neat freak bananas. (I am SURE I have made some visitors crazy over the years!) So even though I agree that I could't survive that van environment...I don't know if he really was displaying contempt for her in the way he arranged his things haphazardly. I think there's room to view this as a fundament difference between them, something that either needs compromise or...a break-up. I think Gabby was arriving at that understanding when her choices were robbed from her.

Not sure that makes sense....hope so.
This is tough but awesome. So many different opinions as viewpoints expressed. Civilly. Genuine discourse. This is how it’s supposed to work. We all have viewpoints. The Laundries and the Petitos each have their own ‘vantage’ point none of us really do or ever will see. There’s a difference…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerryJenkins