Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering something that I haven’t understood this entire time. I’m thinking someone here can explain it to me? The articles I’ve read stating the Laundries refused to let NPPD speak to BL are confusing to me. He’s not a minor. Why do the parents have any say in that situation? Is it just poorly worded and possibly means that they refused to let LE into their residence and that’s where BL was sitting? I’m just not understanding how the parents came into play in this situation and why BL didn’t have to say “please speak to my attorney.”

Does anyone have some insight that I do not? It’s not a big deal but I haven’t understood it this entire case. This article more explicitly states that the Laundries didn’t let LE into their house… Brian Laundrie's father refuses to let cops talk to his son in the Gabby Petito case. - Techno Trenz

For instance I’m wondering how BL communicated to LE that SB was representing him if he never spoke to them. He’s not a minor so can the parents still speak to that?
In FL, nobody has to talk to LE. They can't be brought to a police station unless under arrest. Neither BL nor his parents had any obligation to do anything. No search warrants at that time. Nobody even had to invoke having a lawyer. IMO.

Yours is a very important post. *No one* should be harassing BL's parents, and LE should disperse that crowd. If for no other reason, they are disturbing the peace for the other residents in the neighborhood. The L family should board that home up, hire a security guard to watch it, and leave. Perhaps at some time they can move back in, but who knows when, if ever. The mere fact that they are staying there is seemingly a nose-thumbing act, and just fanning the flames.
Even CL mowing the lawn seemed nose thumbing. He could have had someone else do that. What's wrong with these people? My opinion only.

Amateur opinion and speculation

IMO they cannot afford to move out, unfortunately. I think what you are suggesting makes a ton of sense - why not flee to a furnished rental as there are thousands and thousands of those available in Florida, but I don't think the Laundries have the finances to do it.

I disagree and am happy to see the protestors keeping the pressure on.
While i can appreciate your point, I really do, I am concerned about another tragedy resulting from a group of very upset people. They should be dispersed. If for nothing else, for the peaceful enjoyment of the neighborhood as a whole.

Would you turn your child in (or hypothetical child, if you don't have children) for any crime they'd committed?

I mean literally any crime, from speeding 3mph over the speed limit, to parking somewhere they shouldn't, to being involved in a fight, to a potential murder?
If my child was still "a child", I would do things differently than I would with an adult child. If my adult child was accused of a crime, I would get his/her side of the story, and if I truly believed they were innocent--no, I would not turn them in--what would I be turning them in for? I would have long, intense conversations to encourage them to report their story to LE, but at the end of the day, if my child was an adult and didn't take my advice, no, I would not run to the police begging them to bring my child in. At that point, it's between my kid and the police. Same thing for a child of mine who did tell me he had done something wrong, and then ran. What exactly would I be able to do?

Our bubble top van is one of our most favorite things we own, and it is old and kind of hilarious, but SO much fun. We lived mostly in it for a trip out west over the month of June, with me, hubs and two boys. Half of us stayed in the van and half tent camped.

We had a BALL! We are still customizing it, and also intend to move into it FT in a few years.

I completely understand why Gabby said she loves their van.

Ours was also a mess in the back on the bed (sometimes a hot mess) until we settled for the evening and unpacked camping gear.

I loved your post! Thank you for sharing! :) MOO.
Isn’t it fantastic? I love waking up to a new view whenever we go away. It’s so much better when you customise it yourself too, that way you have everything that suits you personally. It does get messy but it’s so small and easy to tidy up quickly haha (I love that part of van life) especially compared to a house.
You could just see from her personality that she suited van life, she was adventurous, fun, outgoing etc. I just hate that her dream ended the way it did. The vanlife aspect of this case is what piqued my interest at first. Her video was so well put together, my husband watched it as well, he loves van life vids, we both said how good it was. Such a tragedy. MOO
Thank you for sharing your van life story too.

I have been wondering something that I haven’t understood this entire time. I’m thinking someone here can explain it to me? The articles I’ve read stating the Laundries refused to let NPPD speak to BL are confusing to me. He’s not a minor. Why do the parents have any say in that situation? Is it just poorly worded and possibly means that they refused to let LE into their residence and that’s where BL was sitting? I’m just not understanding how the parents came into play in this situation and why BL didn’t have to say “please speak to my attorney.”

Does anyone have some insight that I do not? It’s not a big deal but I haven’t understood it this entire case. This article more explicitly states that the Laundries didn’t let LE into their house… Brian Laundrie's father refuses to let cops talk to his son in the Gabby Petito case. - Techno Trenz

For instance I’m wondering how BL communicated to LE that SB was representing him if he never spoke to them. He’s not a minor so can the parents still speak to that?
My question has been why did the Police let the parents stonewall with a lawyer? Most of the time if police need to question someone they would tell the lawyer to show up at the station with the client. I think the Northport LE backed off too quickly. I'll say no more or I might get into trouble. :cool:

IMO they cannot afford to move out, unfortunately. I think what you are suggesting makes a ton of sense - why not flee to a furnished rental as there are thousands and thousands of those available in Florida, but I don't think the Laundries have the finances to do it.
Then they should go stay with a relative, IMO. It's a volatile situation.

I think they have plenty of finances to relocate. IMOO

Their story is that they were/are concerned he may try to hurt himself but no public messages to Brian saying "We don't know know if you will hear/or see this BUT Please don't hurt yourself, please come home and turn yourself in"

Their silence speaks VOLUMES.
I don’t agree with you. These parents are doing as asked to do by those who specialize in this sort of thing. When their son disappeared, they opened up their home to LE with legal guidance. That’s what one should do in going through these gauntlets. Not listening to the angry hoards or conventional wisdom from those that do not know all of the facts.

I sadly know families ruined because they did the “right thing” which didn’t help them a whit when the lawsuits and consequences hit. I think they are taking the path of least damage.
I don’t believe that they are hiding their son or had anything to do with his disappearance. He took off. It was a stupid thing for him to do. Shows a clear pattern of cowardice and panic in that he did the same in rushing out of the Tetons. He’s either dead or going to be caught soon out there. His parents do not have the wherewithal to support him on a life as a fugitive. The lawyer would absolutely have mixed even the thought. It was a bad decision. His parents believe he’s in the wild somewhere with no connection to media or news so any appeal not going to do any good. MOO

Neither parent started contacting the Laundries until the 10th.

Interviewer
Did you ever reach out to her and say "can you please help me find my daughter?"

Gabby's mum
Yes I reached out to her on Friday the 9th or the 10th I'm sorry. I texted her "I'm worried about the kids, I haven't heard from them" and I got nothing. Called left messages, got nothing.

Interviewer
She won't even call you back?

Gabby's mum
Nope.

Interviewer
And Joe you and Tara, you've reached out and they won't call you back?

Gabby's dad
We've called on the 10th, I can't tell you how many times. We sent text messages "We're worried", "we're calling the police". I mean if someone texted me that they're calling the police because they can't find my son, I'm gonna drop whatever I'm doing to call back. I guess it's evident how they run their household.

Step-mum
She knew her son was home that time when we were texting her. At that point we didn't know that he was home.

Interview with Gabby's parents
Just being Devil's advocate here. Maybe the Laundries don't like Brian, never did, tolerated him, were fed up with him, are more than happy to hand him a "Get Out Of Town Card", are delighted he's out of their lives, are convinced he's a danger and an around the bend nut job. Is that why Mr. Laundrie Sr. is grinning?
Has Brian been a moody, somber, cloistered boy who sat in his bedroom propagating a virulent hatred for humankind? Did he NEVER take out the garbage or make his bed or did he argue into the wee hours whining about where they failed him? Maybe.
*Talk about a bad penny. This son of theirs is a wrecking machine. When he's not throttling future daughters-in-law, he's obliterating the future of those who birthed him, bred him, fed him.
When and if it comes to trial time, boy are we going to hear an earful.
MOOing...

My question has been why did the Police let the parents stonewall with a lawyer? Most of the time if police need to question someone they would tell the lawyer to show up at the station with the client. I think the Northport LE backed off too quickly. I'll say no more or I might get into trouble. :cool:
Nobody is obligated to go to a police station to be questioned. Whether they have a lawyer or not. I know this is true in FL but I don't have a link, therefore, MOO. And once somebody even just asks for a lawyer, all questioning must stop immediately. IMO.

So, 'protestor' leaflets the property again and News Nation reporter goes to film it? Just for that?
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1449772628701499396

(National Correspondent for News Nation, Political Reporter)
https://twitter.com/michaelshure/status/1449773411220312068
I am glad the Laundries installed a doorbell camera. These idiots going up on to their property must not be aware of the Stand Your Ground Law here in FL. If one of them comes out and that protester so much as starts walking toward them.... it will not end well. NPPD needs to give a citation and fine to everyone who comes beyond the public space, which is the road.

I thought about that too. Or, even bring Brian in for questioning. I mean, they could have done that, right? They just would have to wait until the attorney got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592