Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree and am happy to see the protestors keeping the pressure on.

What do they want the Laundries to do? Better they send out more missives as to who has seen BL? Find him.
I thought about that too. Or, even bring Brian in for questioning. I mean, they could have done that, right? They just would have to wait until the attorney got there.

Ex-FBI Agent Questions Wisdom of Conducting Police Training in Brian Laundrie Search Area
Brian Laundrie Search Site Also Sees 'Training and Searching' Exercise by Police, FBI

The Carlton Reserve is also being used for police training exercises amid the search. It is an important location for the authorities as the reserve is the site where Laundrie said he was going hiking on September 13 but never returned.

The North Port Police (NPPD) on Friday had carried assault rifles as they were searching the reserve.

In all my years as an FBI Agent and FBI SWAT Operator, retired FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer said, we never conducted training in a location that was a known crime scene or a location where a legitimate search for a fugitive was being conducted. I do not know NPPD policies.

49233763-10097591-image-a-3_1634336413253.jpg

Police get their van stuck while still searching for Brian Laundrie on Friday

49233737-10097591-image-a-9_1634336441839.jpg

Officers were seen carrying assault rifles into a wooded area with North Port Police Department telling one eyewitness that it was all part of a ‘training and searching’ activity that also involved the FBI

49234767-10097591-image-a-38_1634338197984.jpg

There was a large law enforcement presence on Friday at the Sarasota County nature reserve where the search for Brian Laundrie has been focused

49189309-10093781-image-a-3_1634245992366.jpg

K9 Diesel, a cadaver dog provided by the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office, will aid in the search for Brian Laundrie

Last edited:
I definitely see two sides of the fence with the laundrie protestors argument, one thing I go back to is if the laundries are allowed to exercise their legal right to not speak, then aren’t protestors allowed to exercise their legal right to protest? As long as they are not doing anything illegal, surely it’s their right as much as the laundries. If it’ll make a difference I very much doubt it, although it did with CaL so who knows. If they hurt someone or cause property damage then that is not ok at all, so as long as it remains peaceful, I think they’re legally in the right. IMO.

If the protesters truly wanted to honor Gabby they would follow the Petito/Schmidt families' wishes and support the causes they are promoting in her memory.
Would Gabby approve of a mob howling offensive phrases at the L's house and trashing their yard?
Our 1st Amendment rights are sacred and they have the right to protest but at some point they are infringing on the rights of others.
The 1st Amendment is not without limits.
jmho

I agree, it just doesn't make a lot of sense why he would have stayed. I'm not even sure these encounters actually happened or have been verified to have happened by the FBI.

I would love to know when charges by BL started, what was purchased, and where they were purchased. It's entirely possible he was leisurely driving back to Florida after the 27th and none of that happened, jmo.

I am also of the belief Gabby died on August 27th after the Merry Piglets incident, before the RW&Bethune family drove past that van.

It could have happened later than that, but IMO the distance, the amount of hours needed to drive, eat, and rest on his way back to Florida would have been cutting it real close after the 28th early morning 29th. At least if he didn't want another police stop on his way back. jmo
Totally agree with everything here—my post was referring to the car left at the reserve after he returned. He knew at that point that her parents were calling them ALL. We suspect maybe he knew about the police visit. Why go to the reserve close to your house to hike? Why not take the mustang and get the heck out of Florida? Put distance between you and the van? I almost wonder if there was another car there waiting for him that maybe was bought with cash (from the sold condo??) and left for him there.

My question has been why did the Police let the parents stonewall with a lawyer? Most of the time if police need to question someone they would tell the lawyer to show up at the station with the client. I think the Northport LE backed off too quickly. I'll say no more or I might get into trouble. :cool:
To be fair, 1,600 people are reported missing every single day in the US. It is not realistic or doable for LE to demand the friends/family members of all these people to report to the police station with their lawyer.

We are dissecting this situation with the benefit of hindsight and knowing the outcome. LE knew NOTHING when they visited the Laundrie residence on Sep 11th. She was just one of 1,600 people reported missing that day. And they definitely did not have probable cause to search, arrest, or detain anybody. imo

I really don’t think they lived at that condo that his parents owned. Condo associations don’t let you work on your vehicle especially to the level their van was modified. They may have stayed there on occasion like when friends visited.

The condo was sold mid July per the public records. The photos of it make me think it was an investment used to attract seasonal visitors. In this area, a condo like that would rent for $1,000/month from May-Sept. However, seasonal prices would be $2,500 from Oct-April. There’s a ton of money to be made here. JMO
1. Well neighbors can testify who lived there.

2. My own opinion is the work done on the van was done at Laundries home. Even the neighbors next to Laundries we're surprised when they allegedly heard Brian and Gabby live with Lundries.

You are thinking of the wrong condo. The condo that the parents bought for BL and Gabby was probably 5100 Linksman Place, close to the Publix andTaco Bell where they worked. The Venice condo was the Laundrie (parents) condo.
It's possible that is the one they let them live in of course. However, both condos were in both the parents names, per public records. There could be more property they own too. Unless there is someone to legitimately confirm who lived where, it's all speculation.

They sure would have done that with a poor person. Jmo

They could not haul BL or his parents in for questioning. Few people know their rights with LE. They incriminate themselves. With a lawyer in the picture, cops back off because they don’t want to overstep their legal bounds.
I give LE there high marks and would donate to their cause for the way they are handling this delicate situation. It has to be difficult for them and they have my admiration. It’s important that our rights are honored even when it tests the boundaries of the situation. They’ve also been professional with the Laundries in dealing with BL’s disappearance in light of their refusal to cooperate with Gabby’s. That has to be rough to swallow and those protesters do not have the class and understanding of this.

I read the article and at the end of it, they state that they pay for stories. It would make me sick to see someone else profiting from this tragedy, like one more vulture to add to the list.
Profits are made every day of the week all the time. It's us sleuthers who wait on bated breath for someone in the media to find something. So we can continue to put the puzzle together.

They could not haul BL or his parents in for questioning. Few people know their rights with LE. They incriminate themselves. With a lawyer in the picture, cops back off because they don’t want to overstep their legal bounds.
I give LE there high marks and would donate to their cause for the way they are handling this delicate situation. It has to be difficult for them and they have my admiration. It’s important that our rights are honored even when it tests the boundaries of the situation. They’ve also been professional with the Laundries in dealing with BL’s disappearance in light of their refusal to cooperate with Gabby’s. That has to be rough to swallow and those protesters do not have the class and understanding of this.
Yes, my point is that all people are not treated equally by LE. If one is poor and can not afford an attorney it is an entirely different ballgame. Jmo

Brian had to have told his parents something when he returned. They had the lawyer on speed dial when the cops showed up on Sept 11.
Yes! If the parents believed any scenario that Brian invented, they would have been shocked and confused to see LE at their door. But, instead, they did not allow LE to speak (or even see?) their son and, by all indications, had their attorney's contact information ready for LE.
That's a long way from being stunned that the police were there to speak with their son. As in: 'Hey Brian, the police are here and want to talk to you. What's going on?'
Makes me feel they already had serious suspicions (or more) and were already in defense strategy. My moo for the day. :confused:

Probably this is already been discussed in a fast moving thread that I missed, but this got me thinking about a possible bike and the pictures of a bike inside the condo. Could there have been a bike in the trunk of the Mustang? Has anybody discussed the idea of BL dropping the Mustang off at the park and then heading out on bike?

Actually, now that I think more about this…Wasn’t the park just a few miles from his home? Would it have made sense to bike there or are the roads too busy?

As it turned out, the car was parked 16 miles from the home. But, yes, he could have taken a bike in the Mustang.

It's possible that is the one they let them live in of course. However, both condos were in both the parents names, per public records. There could be more property they own too. Unless there is someone to legitimately confirm who lived where, it's all speculation.
I wouldn't say it's all speculation, we have a woman by the name of Rose who has come forward with information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592