Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard of no such confirmation. I think this was only mentioned as a potential reason why a person's fingerprints might be on file. MOO
I think this assumption came from the FBI search in the Mustang into what appeared to be a gun case. It was discussed here at length many threads ago just after BL was reported missing Sept the 17th.

I also found this. It doesn’t state he owns one, but that he was find of them when living in NY. So I’d think MAYBE those 2 things may lead one to think he did have one. JMO.

Friend of Brian Laundrie Worries Gun-Loving Fugitive Will Reach Out: ‘It’s Going to be Him on the Other Side’

You got me thinking... if RL had witnessed episodes or was aware of how BL treated her, I think you could be right. GP could've felt that calling her was the best bet. I am positive that if her own parents knew about how he treated her they would have done everything possible to pull her away from him. .

It also could have been CL that she called. We have no idea what their relationship was prior to the trip. MOO, knowing that his son sometimes had ‘episodes’ (Rose Davis’ words) that were upsetting to her to the point she went to stay with her friend to have some space away from BL, he could have said if you find yourself in a similar situation while you’re away call me and I’ll find a way to get him to cool off. Just a thought and MOO.

I just wanted to pass along a link relating to what you are saying here.

In this SF Chronicle story, a woman relates that she called the FBI on Sept 16 to report that she remembered having spotted the van LE was looking for in the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping area. She first noticed the van on Aug 26 when she had to pull off the road to get around it as the male driver awkwardly maneuvered the van into a spot that was NOT designated for camping. She says she remembers it still being there on Aug 27 and 28, but cannot remember seeing it on Aug 29.

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery
Yes. For some reason, nobody seems interested in the Aug. 26th sighting and how JS describes BL alone in the van, parking it in the same spot, etc. And how she saw it in the same spot on the 27th, but it looked like the van had been backed in then. I've linked it several times because I found it significant, myself. Jmo.

Target shooting is allowed on national forest or grassland unless restricted. Check your local ranger district for more information about local restriction. It is prohibited to shoot:
  • In or within 150 yards from a residence, building, campsite, developed recreation area or occupied area.
  • Across or on a national forest or grassland road or body of water.
  • In any manner or place where any person or property is exposed to injury or damage as a result of such discharge.
  • Into or within a cave.
  • Firing tracer bullets or incendiary ammunition.
  • Disturbing, injuring, destroying, or in any way damaging any prehistoric, historic, or archaeological resource, structure, site, artifact, property.
  • Abandoning any personal property or failing to dispose of all garbage, including targets, paper, cans, bottles, appliances.
In general, you should target shoot only if you:
  • Use approved targets. Certain forests may have specific restrictions, such as the type of targets used (i.e. cardboard targets, paper targets, clay pigeons).
    • Exploding targets are not recommended and are restricted on many forests or grasslands for safety and fire concerns.
  • Use approved targets along with a safe, ”bullet-proof” backstop. Do not to attach your targets to vegetation or structures, such as; trees, log decks, slash piles, fences, or water tanks.
Shooting | US Forest Service
I'm not a gun owner but this topic first came up with the cs photos (scroll down) Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

It certainly looked like bullet holes to me (and some others) - some that might have been dug out. I half expected them to say COD was shooting. Shows you how much I know lol!

I’m glad to hear US Marshalls are now hunting Brian. He’s a fugitive and needs to be brought in to face whatever charges are thrown at him.

I’m very torn about the protesters at the Laundrie house. On one hand IMO, the Laundries should be reminded every day that Gabby, who was engaged to their son and lived with them at some point, is dead and their son is wanted for questioning (at the very least) in that matter and to answer the charges that he used her bank account. On the other hand, the neighbors are no doubt getting fed up with the noise, commotion and traffic. The protesters need to tone it down a notch or three and give the neighborhood some peace. They can make their point standing quietly in front of the house, holding signs, if they wish. Unfortunately, some of them are just looking for their 15 minutes.

BL's parents i'm sure have their own hell they are living through right now, no matter what they've been told i'm sure they watch the news. I wouldn't want to be in either families shoes ever.

Just saw this from the Patchogue Patch, the local newspaper covering much of LI, NY.

Laundrie: Marshals Ambush Look-Alike On Trail; Dad Sued For $40
U.S. marshals drew their guns on a Laundrie look-alike along the Appalachian Trail. Laundrie's dad is being taken to small claims court.

Tiffany Razzano, Patch Staff
Posted Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 3:00 pm ET|Updated Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 8:34 pm ET
NORTH PORT, FL — A hiker along the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina was ambushed by U.S. marshals while he and his girlfriend napped at a resort because he bears an uncanny resemblance to Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the homicide of his fiancée, Gabby Petito, who was strangled to death.
[...]
Now, a protester is taking Laundrie's father, Chris Laundrie, to small claims court. According to court records, Andra Griffin of Bradenton is seeking damages less than $100. They'll appear in court Dec. 1.
According to OK!, Griffin is seeking $40 for a stolen protest sign that read "What if it was Cassie." This is a reference to the Laundrie's sister, Cassie Laundrie.

-----------------------------------
More here:
Marshals Ambush Laundrie Look-Alike On Appalachian Trail; Dad Taken To Small Claims Court

Yes. For some reason, nobody seems interested in the Aug. 26th sighting and how JS describes BL alone in the van, parking it in the same spot, etc. And how she saw it in the same spot on the 27th, but it looked like the van had been backed in then. I've linked it several times because I found it significant, myself. Jmo.
I think that is because she was confirmed alive on the 27th by the Merry Piglets owner. MOO

There actually is a Yosemite Peak in Wyoming--in the Tetons--Cascade Canyon, Inspiration Point...not far from Jenny Lake.

No one receiving that message would think of that. Only a person really removed from ordinary reality could think that would make sense.

They were headed to Yellowstone, not Yosemite Peak, either.

Just saw this from the Patchogue Patch, the local newspaper covering much of LI, NY.

U.S. marshals drew their guns on a Laundrie look-alike along the Appalachian Trail. Laundrie's dad is being taken to small claims court.

NORTH PORT, FL — A hiker along the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina was ambushed by U.S. marshals while he and his girlfriend napped at a resort because he bears an uncanny resemblance to Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the homicide of his fiancée, Gabby Petito, who was strangled to death.
[...]
Now, a protester is taking Laundrie's father, Chris Laundrie, to small claims court. According to court records, Andra Griffin of Bradenton is seeking damages less than $100. They'll appear in court Dec. 1.
According to OK!, Griffin is seeking $40 for a stolen protest sign that read "What if it was Cassie." This is a reference to the Laundrie's sister, Cassie Laundrie.

More here:
Marshals Ambush Laundrie Look-Alike On Appalachian Trail; Dad Taken To Small Claims Court
Oh my gosh. Wow! The first 1/3 of the property must belong to the Town. MOO I was thinking about this when Chris L did not remove the corner memorial.

Mine are on file as an attorney too, but BL is neither. This is what peeked my curiosity.

Something I just remembered. This may be useful for the parents and grandparents here so I’ll share the link below too.

The FBI actually sponsors ID kits (along with a few other agencies) that are for having what you need to help find your missing kid. They have since the early 2000’s. The prints aren’t filed but the parents may have had this as something to give the police when they turned up looking for stuff to help find him with. This would help to determine is they are his.

Here’s more info and how to get a kit

How to Protect Your Kids with ID Kits

You can see the holes in the logs. And I've seen people do it near there - and when I read the rules, I realized. it meets all the rules.

The NF webpage says, "TARGET PRACTICE IS WELCOME" and then tells how to do it in just such a spot, Arrows too.

I've already posted the instructions on how to do it - and you can see bullet holes in the downed trees...it's legal and people do it.

Well, while the area where Gabby was found was probably more than the requisite 150 yards from a campsite, it apparently wouldn't have been in compliance with this requirement:

Use approved targets along with a safe, ”bullet-proof” backstop. Do not to attach your targets to vegetation or structures, such as; trees, log decks, slash piles, fences, or water tanks.

from Shooting | US Forest Service

And, IMHO, there would have been MUCH better areas within 5 miles to shoot, at least for responsible citizens. With that said, I'd bet more than a few people have probably shot there....sadly.

ENTIRELY SPECULATIVE so no links:

So about the pack...I am not sure the parents saw BL leave the house. If they did not, they may have assumed he had the backpack because it was gone. But it's possible he disposed of it earlier or it actually is in the house but they missed it. Perhaps they didn't look too hard because to them, hiking = backpack. One reason I am not sure they saw him leave is that there is no clothing description. Of course, some people don't notice clothes (I often don't unless they are unusual-- formal, strange color, mismatch with the occasion, etc.) and & maybe the Laundries just didn't notice.
Certainly if they were in explicit cahoots with B to help him disappear, to be on the "safe side" why not report he was wearing something he wasn't? They likely would never get caught for that even if he was found lie as he could have always changed clothes..

Anyway, why carry a big backpack for suicide? Isn't the maybe missing/maybe nonexistent gun a long gun? Maybe he wanted to be able to hide the gun when first hiking in case he ran into other hikers. I'm not sure how Brian

ENTIRELY SPECULATIVE so no links:

So about the pack...I am not sure the parents saw BL leave. If they did not, they may have assumed he had the backpack because it was gone. But it's possible he disposed of it earlier or it actually is in the house but they missed it. One reason I am not sure they saw him leave is that there is no clothing description. Of course, some people don't notice clothes (I often don't) & maybe they just didn't notice. Certainly if they were in explicit cahoots with him, to be ob the "safe side" why not report he was wearing something he wasn't? They likely would never get caught for that lie as he could have always changed clothes.

Anyway, why a big backpack for suicide? Is the maybe missing, maybe nonexistent gun a long gun? Maybe he wanted to be able to hide that when first hiking in case he ran into other hikers.

MOO I don't think they thought he was going in to commit suicide. I think he told them he was going to the reserve to find solitude and solace and peace and whatever thoughtful thing you can think of. Maybe he was planning to stay the night or longer. I think he had his phone and I think he was communicating with his parents while he was there. He wasn't wanted for anything at the time and he wasn't even "missing" yet so no laws were being broken. I think he decided to stay longer than what was originally discussed and extended his solace seeking experience. That may be why his parents had to go get his car. And then I think he decided to take the suicide route and told his parents or did something while talking to them to convince them he was going to. And thats when the parents called in LE.

Maybe LE has records of his calls back and forth so they "knew where he was". I don't know how plentiful stingrays are, but maybe NPPD had access to one and was tracking his location that way or some other way of tracking cellphone calls. Could explain that little mishap. But then when the parents called in and there weren't any more phone calls they "no longer knew" where he was. MOO

Something I just remembered. This may be useful for the parents and grandparents here so I’ll share the link below too.

The FBI actually sponsors ID kits (along with a few other agencies) that are for having what you need to help find your missing kid. They have since the early 2000’s. The prints aren’t filed but the parents may have had this as something to give the police when they turned up looking for stuff to help find him with. This would help to determine is they are his.

Here’s more info and how to get a kit

How to Protect Your Kids with ID Kits
I actually did that. Had my kids printed when they were young. I hadn't thought about that. Perhaps he was printed as a child (part of the child safe initiative). MOO Good point.

The van was parked on the FS road south of Spread Creek in a spot just wide enough for the van. The remains site was across the creek (which is a 100+ yard wide stony area with shallow streamlets running all through it.) and then about another couple hundred yards further east a long the north side of the creek. I would think it would be a terrible place to plan to leave a body. I know that if I were camping there I would certainly cross the creek just for the fun of it. I am really surprised that someone hadn't come across the remains once I saw where they were.

Totally and completely agree. We have dogs and seek out such places to let their leashes grow longer. They would find anything dead.

It's just a cool place for kids, too - shallow water, sunny, views of the Tetons - that's exactly why they put those couple turn-outs there. Day use, not for camping.

[...]

More here:

Ha! Replying in general to the US Marshals detaining a BL lookalike at gunpoint. If I were BL I think I'd arrange a meeting with DTBH at this point to avoid the possibility of getting shot in the head by the Feds. At least Dog prefers to talk before tazing, and Dog doesn't/can't carry a firearm.

MOO I don't think they thought he was going in to commit suicide. I think he told them he was going to the reserve to find solitude and solace and peace and whatever thoughtful thing you can think of. Maybe he was planning to stay the night or longer. I think he had his phone and I think he was communicating with his parents while he was there. He wasn't wanted for anything at the time and he wasn't even "missing" yet so no laws were being broken. I think he decided to stay longer than what was originally discussed and extended his solace seeking experience. That may be why his parents had to go get his car. And then I think he decided to take the suicide route and told his parents or did something while talking to them to convince them he was going to. And thats when the parents called in LE.

Maybe LE has records of his calls back and forth so they "knew where he was". I don't know how plentiful stingrays are, but maybe NPPD had access to one and was tracking his location that way or some other way of tracking cellphone calls. Could explain that little mishap. But then when the parents called in and there weren't any more phone calls they "no longer knew" where he was. MOO

I thought the preserve was closed at night - except for the State Park people, who paid to be there.

BE on Dan Abrams NewsNation just said again that the US Marshals took fingerprints right on the scene. They had a machine. Very brief. No other details. I have seen no one but BE report this, but I've seen him report it 3 times now. Anyone have corroboration? MOO

The first article I read on the matter mentioned that LE had to use the couple’s WiFi to run the prints. JMO
I’ll go look for the article

@Jurisprudence
etaBounty Hunting for Brian Laundrie in a Land of Look-Alikes

Last edited:
Ha! Replying in general to the US Marshals detaining a BL lookalike at gunpoint. If I were BL I think I'd arrange a meeting with DTBH at this point to avoid the possibility of getting shot in the head by the Feds. At least Dog prefers to talk before tazing, and Dog doesn't/can't carry a firearm.
If I was SB, I'd tell my clients to tell my other client to call me so I could arrange a surrender. And, I would have done it a month ago. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname