Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting conversation on Banfield tonight with former FBI assistant director Chris Swecker. He says FBI is likely withholding so much info in an effort to have some filter for leads. They can compare leads with what they know and determine if the leads are worth following up on.

Seems like a good theory to me. I can only imagine the number of leads they are getting on a daily basis, how would they filter through them if the public knew almost as much as they did?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

If I was in fear of my safety as the Laundrie lawyer has claimed, I wouldn't be out flitting inside places like Walmart, I'd order ahead and pick it up. JMO
Good point! With covid and my bad back I do pickup also and Amazon is by best friend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to totally agree with you..definitely not a “one size fits all” answer. IMO, the Laundries visiting a bank isn’t suspicious. Again JMO.

There are banks being built faster than I can count in the small towns around me. Here, in southern Arkansas the only reason a person would NOT visit banks on a consistent basis would be direct deposit paychecks…visiting banks are just that common here.
In my small town of less than 500, there are 3 banks.
The only reason I find it odd is the circumstances. Like I’d do everything I could to not have to go in a public place like a bank with all this going on unless I absolutely had to. Even if that’s what they normally do - which is not odd. With all this going on, you’d think they’d do what they could to not go there lol JMO.

Also. Side note. They must know a little about the internet with the Amazon orders, food orders, etc. that we know we’re theirs bc they did come get those & bring them in. Plus the installation of the ring doorbell. I’d think they’d at least know enough to do a little online banking. JMO tho :)

Gabby Petito’s parents want face-to-face meeting with Laundries

In an interview with 60 Minutes Australia this weekend, Ms Schmidt was scathing about the Laundries’ failure to help them find out what happened to their daughter and said she wished she could confront them in person.

“I think silence speaks volumes. I believe they know probably, if not everything, they know most of the information,” she said. “I would love to just, face to face, ask, ‘Why are you doing this? Just tell me the truth.’”

I just want to know, where is Brian, I find it almost impossible these days especially with all eyes looking for you, to stay hidden....I also don't understand what the long term plan is here, a young man of 23, is he planning on hiding the rest of his life? Does he think that this will eventually blow over and he can live a normal life, get married, have kids, change his name, get a new identity.....its all mind boggling!!
I remember reading about a bigamist who left his wife, assumed someone else's identity, and started a new family - it was quite some time ago. But I think it would be challenging to do that with LE already after you. No, he will not lead a 'normal' life ever again, assuming he is alive, which is not a given. MOO

The bank visit may of been personal also. I’ve gone to my bank for 30 years, the staff always asks me about my family or new car. I talk with them and it’s easy to be in there for 10 minutes. Now if I had business transactions it would take longer. I’m sure someone sympathized with them or tried to get some answers being this case is so public. The manager might of taken them into a separate room for privacy and handled their business. I can see being in there. The bottled water, well I’d stock up so I wouldn’t have to grocery shop again. Looks like the mom has a special sleeve on her arm. Must have a health problem. I do think they are involved in hiding BL but today I think they just had to do regular business and get supplies for themselves. JMOO
Personally I think they are going out to test the waters. Covid numbers are high in FL, and at their age it makes more sense to do things by curbside pickup and drive-thru's. If they know where Brian is and initially helped him escape, they may know that Brian is running out of resources. I mean, let's face it, when was the last time we saw a case like this where people sat in front of someone's home and had press following their every movement 30 days later? It's highly unusual. People usually get tired within a couple of weeks.
In this case, the Laundries every move is being watched and if Brian needs them for money or more supplies, this may be presenting a problem. So they go out around town, see if they'll still be followed and reevaluate how to proceed. IMO the Laundries helped Brian get somewhere to hide, but haven't been able to get back to him and as the crowd doesn't dissipate, it's making it harder for them to reconnect and give Brian further aid. It's all fine and well to give someone supplies for a couple of weeks, but at some point the supplies are going to run out.
My grandmother used to say they'll come back when they get hungry. It's true.

Most businesses use payment processors and they only get a few transactions incoming. Most of small business transactions are purchases. (I’m an accountant for small businesses). The ones that get checks either bring them in during the day, or use mobile deposits. Same with depositing cash during the day (or they use the atm).
How would a bank's accountant look at their current notoriety and could it have an effect upon their risk level if they happened to have expensive loans for their business and is it likely the business has already been adversely affected by recent events?
I'm not sure whether financial institutions operate alert systems for their clients?
Do they even think like that?
It would be reasonable to anticipate heavy legal bills for this client?
Is it a thing or not?

They're not suspects nor POI. They have not been legally implicated for any crime. My understanding is that they're free to go wherever they'd like at present. I'm hopeful our legal members here can further elaborate.

MOO.
On bail or probation a court can order one to stay in the state or country but outside of legal orders, in the USA we are all free to travel without LE permission.

How would a bank's accountant look at their current notoriety and could it have an effect upon their risk level if they happened to have expensive loans for their business and is it likely the business has already been adversely affected by recent events?
I'm not sure whether financial institutions operate alert systems for their clients?
Do they even think like that?
It would be reasonable to anticipate heavy legal bills for this client?
Is it a thing or not?
BBM
It may be that they needed to get a home equity loan or some such loan to cover the legal bills. I can only imagine how much it's costing them.

If the Laundries were to leave the area, the logistics of it would be a nightmare. Their business address would likely need to change, moving their personal items would require a ton of effort, finding another place if they don't already own it, etc. Selling the place they're in now would open them up to the public so they wouldn't be able to live there at the same time. Think about the normal vandalism that can happen during real estate tours compared to what could happen to their home. It is too dangerous. Protesters are already retaliating outside. They'd need 24/7 security. I just don't see it happening. Perhaps they can rent an AirBnB in another nearby remote location under a different company name. Think a big parcel of land with fencing out east. Some place the protestors would not bother to travel to and couldn't have as big an impact.

The only reason I find it odd is the circumstances. Like I’d do everything I could to not have to go in a public place like a bank with all this going on unless I absolutely had to. Even if that’s what they normally do - which is not odd. With all this going on, you’d think they’d do what they could to not go there lol JMO.

Also. Side note. They must know a little about the internet with the Amazon orders, food orders, etc. that we know we’re theirs bc they did come get those & bring them in. Plus the installation of the ring doorbell. I’d think they’d at least know enough to do a little online banking. JMO tho :)

I agree..totally get where your coming from. :)
I’d do the same if all this were going on in my life! I definitely wouldn’t be out & about unless it were necessary errands/business.

I also agree that the Laundries have knowledge of the internet & all it has to offer in regards to day to day tasks, etc. But with that being said, people may think some things are better left being done “the old fashioned” way. (IMO) :)

Another point...can he even be liable for what he is saying on social media? After all...he is not in a court of law...
I think this might be a moot point (SB's talking about the case) unless ... IF the lawyer was found to be assisting BL or had knowledge of where he was without going to LE -- then yes he could face charges.
LE would have to prove this happened before it came to that.
A member with background knowledge of what this would entail, might be able to explain it for the laymen in a much better manner.
Imo.

I'm dying over here at being over 50 and perceived as dinosaurs, lol! C'mon now, really?:p

This is going to sound a little far fetched but I’ve been thinking about this over the last couple of days. If the L family made ‘plans’ or discussed what had happened as well as what the future might be, I would assume ( my opinion ) that they realized that BL’s next move needed to be a way to spin matters in his favor. IF he told mom and dad that he snapped and was temporarily unable to control himself and then claim he needed ‘help’ would it be possible at all that after the camping trip they took him somewhere and he admitted himself to a hospital? It might explain the calm cool lack of concern they show about him being so called missing. Again, just mental processing on my part to view other possibilities, if that happened he would be protected by HIPPA regulations if I’m not mistaken. It would also be an Avenue he and SB could possibly use to his advantage. ?

I'm dying over here at being over 50 and perceived as dinosaurs, lol! C'mon now, really?:p
Listen, both my parents are in their 60s & they can kinda do basic things on a computer & and basic operations of an iPhone. Lol if they need anything off Amazon, 9/10 times I order it for them, & don’t even talk about food ordering. Lol my mom can do basic online banking stuff, but my dad prob wouldn’t touch it. So I get that. I just don’t think that’s the Laundries. Mainly bc if the food ordering. They feel a little comfortable with a small amount of tech. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle