Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. There were multiple good reasons for Gabby to be visibly upset. The hardest for me to witness in that footage was toward the end of the stop.

IMO, the reality—and injustice—of Gabby’s situation came fully crashing down on her the moment LE said she would not be arrested. She had been so strong and held herself together (think about everything she had just been through—an altercation with her SO that involved violence, threats of abandonment/isolation, speeding/reckless driving, and a police chase! In the midst of everything that had thus far transpired [none of it resolved—other than that she had made it into her van, and that van had safely come to a stop], she was now at the center of yet another highly stressful situation: the involvement of LE. Was Brian in trouble? Would he get a ticket for speeding? Arrested for not pulling over? How much did they know about what had happened earlier? There are very serious legal consequences for that. And it would no longer be a secret. What about when this police interaction is over? How will Brian react to the outcome (whatever it is)? Will he be contrite — or even more enraged? (Or one, then the other?) Sitting quietly, alone in the back of the cruiser, must have given her a lot of time to agonize over these things. In spite of it all, I saw a very young adult put on a brave face, be genuinely polite and respectful with LE, and try her best to protect her SO (from the consequences of his actions…).

In spite of her verbal assurances that she was to blame for everything, on some level she must have known this wasn’t entirely true. (Hopefully, she recognized it wasn’t true AT ALL—but being so young—and probably still very loyal and still very much in love, it’s possible she didn’t have that clarity.) I crumbled and wept with her when the officer said she would not be cited or charged “for domestic violence battery”. What horrible words to hear directed at you, describing you. How did it come to this? SHE was almost arrested? And if what SHE had done could be considered “domestic violence battery”….. (I doubt she would know this or even be thinking in these terms, but it is, unfortunately, not unheard of for the victim to be charged in a domestic situation. How that must amplify the pain and despair, the feelings of powerlessness and hopelessness…!)

We watch a part of her break in this moment. A part that hadn’t been broken before (though we got a glimpse of the emerging cracks when LE questioned her about her “intent” while hitting Brian).

And the officer has absolutely no clue. He really thinks they’ve done her a favor here! He can’t understand why her tears are falling harder now, why her mouth has locked into an anguished downward curve—now, the moment she’s just found out she’s off the hook and she gets to go free! So he tells her to “relax” and that “there’s no reason to be crying now.” He says, “you’re coming out as the golden flower on top of it all.”

Well, she is the golden flower on top of it all now.

This outcome of this stop—by being accused of DV battery, nearly being arrested, and being forced to spend the night completely alone (miles from family and friends)—was kicking a poor soul who was already down—and then some.

As for being separated for the night… Her face had fallen well before he’d gotten to that part. (I imagine forced separation wasn’t something she wanted, but it almost seemed as if her her face brightened when he said it. At the very least, she was regaining her composure. Perhaps it was simply because this part of the ordeal was coming to an end, and without any scary legal repercussions…?)

As I am neither a psychic nor an empath, all of the above is quite obviously just MOO!
Beautifully and accurately (IMO) articulated. Thank you so much.

I agree. There were multiple good reasons for Gabby to be visibly upset. The hardest for me to witness in that footage was toward the end of the stop.

IMO, the reality—and injustice—of Gabby’s situation came fully crashing down on her the moment LE said she would not be arrested. She had been so strong and held herself together (think about everything she had just been through—an altercation with her SO that involved violence, threats of abandonment/isolation, speeding/reckless driving, and a police chase! In the midst of everything that had thus far transpired [none of it resolved—other than that she had made it into her van, and that van had safely come to a stop], she was now at the center of yet another highly stressful situation: the involvement of LE. Was Brian in trouble? Would he get a ticket for speeding? Arrested for not pulling over? How much did they know about what had happened earlier? There are very serious legal consequences for that. And it would no longer be a secret. What about when this police interaction is over? How will Brian react to the outcome (whatever it is)? Will he be contrite — or even more enraged? (Or one, then the other?) Sitting quietly, alone in the back of the cruiser, must have given her a lot of time to agonize over these things. In spite of it all, I saw a very young adult put on a brave face, be genuinely polite and respectful with LE, and try her best to protect her SO (from the consequences of his actions…).

In spite of her verbal assurances that she was to blame for everything, on some level she must have known this wasn’t entirely true. (Hopefully, she recognized it wasn’t true AT ALL—but being so young—and probably still very loyal and still very much in love, it’s possible she didn’t have that clarity.) I crumbled and wept with her when the officer said she would not be cited or charged “for domestic violence battery”. What horrible words to hear directed at you, describing you. How did it come to this? SHE was almost arrested? And if what SHE had done could be considered “domestic violence battery”….. (I doubt she would know this or even be thinking in these terms, but it is, unfortunately, not unheard of for the victim to be charged in a domestic situation. How that must amplify the pain and despair, the feelings of powerlessness and hopelessness…!)

We watch a part of her break in this moment. A part that hadn’t been broken before (though we got a glimpse of the emerging cracks when LE questioned her about her “intent” while hitting Brian).

And the officer has absolutely no clue. He really thinks they’ve done her a favor here! He can’t understand why her tears are falling harder now, why her mouth has locked into an anguished downward curve—now, the moment she’s just found out she’s off the hook and she gets to go free! So he tells her to “relax” and that “there’s no reason to be crying now.” He says, “you’re coming out as the golden flower on top of it all.”

Well, she is the golden flower on top of it all now.

This outcome of this stop—by being accused of DV battery, nearly being arrested, and being forced to spend the night completely alone (miles from family and friends)—was kicking a poor soul who was already down—and then some.

As for being separated for the night… Her face had fallen well before he’d gotten to that part. (I imagine forced separation wasn’t something she wanted, but it almost seemed as if her her face brightened when he said it. At the very least, she was regaining her composure. Perhaps it was simply because this part of the ordeal was coming to an end, and without any scary legal repercussions…?)

As I am neither a psychic nor an empath, all of the above is quite obviously just MOO!
Great post! Just a couple of things I noticed while viewing the full body cam (#1) that haven't been mentioned. To me, when she is rolling down the window when first pulled over it sounds like she says "help". Also, she could have possibly made the car/van vear over and hit the curb on purpose because he wasn't stopping. JMO.

People seriously still go to the bank? As in get out of the car, go in the door, and let the teller do his/her thing, and come back out with a bunch of cash? Like actual bills? IMO this is very abnormal. I find it very red-flaggy. :confused:

I'm pretty sure some of the comments about it being a red flag the Laundries went to the bank are actually jokes. But it looks like some are serious. I can think of all kinds of reasons someone might have to go to the bank. If it was impossible to have a legitimate reason to visit a branch, branches wouldn't exist. It's not as though maintaining physical buildings and paved parking lots is cheap nor is staffing. I also find it a bit disingenuous to claim the Laundries' behavior is strange because going to public places during the pandemic is odd. Every other person involved in this case has been out and about in public, starting with GP and BL. For example, I doubt they ordered the van online and had a no-contact delivery.

Someone might go to a bank to access an existing safety deposit box. People might go to open a new safety deposit box or to close out an old safety deposit box. Someone might go to consult with a bank employee/personal banker about making all sorts of account changes. Even in this day and age, not everything can be done online or by phone as actual signatures are sometimes required. For non-bank personal or business paperwork, signatures may have to be notarized. I don't need one often, but when I need a notary, I go to my bank.

Someone might go to the bank if paying off or refinancing a mortgage. Even if much of that could be done by US mail to provide actual signatures on documents, if I was worried about the security of my home mail box as the Laundries may be or if I was worried about the reliability of the US mail as we all should be then a simple bank visit makes complete sense. Going to the bank is also faster than sending documents back and forth by US mail. (And if you don't have a postal scale at home, using US mail to return signed documents may mean a trip to the post office. Why not just go to the bank instead?) Also even when notarized signatures aren't required, witnessed signatures often are. A person can't attest to witnessing a mailed-in signature.

People might go to the bank if, after making account changes, they need new debit cards. Or if if there has been a fraud attempt on an account (as can happen to all of us but may be more likely when one receives negative public attention) replacement debit cards are often needed. In either situation, if worried about home mailbox security as I would be if I were the Laundries, cards can be sent to the branch office for pickup there.

People may go to a bank to consult with a financial advisor as banks sometimes provide advisors who aren't bank employees. It's hardly beyond belief to think the Laundries are financially stressed (even without accepting that they have helped BL-- but paying SB, the effect all of the notoriety has had on their business, the cumulative effect of the pandemic on their business (which involves commercial juicers), and so on. While some of the financial advisor stuff can probably be done by Zoom calls, if portfolio changes are to be made actual signatures may be required.

JMO

Yes, believe it or not, some folks were there at the dawn of personal computers, and some posters think they're too old to use them! Let me see, ummmm.... Bill Gates? Steve Jobs (RIP)? :rolleyes:
Don't forget Steve Case and all those floppy discs AOL sent out! I am wondering if BL was into online gaming. The way he gaslighted GP about her blog gave me the impression he viewed himself as having superior computer skills to GP. jmo

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1450638821058547712

Dr. Burgess mentions in the above clip why she wants to see the body cam video with the female ranger who was speaking to Gabby during the Moab incident. We put in a FOIA request for it thru the park service - but got denied because of the ongoing FBI investigation.
Multiple reporters have put in FOIA requests for it and all have been denied. I wonder if there could be another reason that Ranger Hulls video is one of 2 that they have not released yet. The male Ranger also had a body camera.

Investigators probably know exactly what they bought at Walmart, I bet they have a copy of the receipt. Bet they know where that FedEx was shipped to. Also bet they know what business they did at the AT&T store.
These people are being watched and tracked, as they should be. I bet they know it too.
MOO
I sure hope they are being watched to a good degree like we think they are. Would hate to think that they could be mailing BL stuff and nobody even knows.

Multiple reporters have put in FOIA requests for it and all have been denied. I wonder if there could be another reason that Ranger Hulls video is one of 2 that they have not released yet. The male Ranger also had a body camera.
Yeah! And he spent a significant amount of time BS'ing with BL and proceeded to give him a fist bump at the end.

We don’t know the FBI has access to their bank records, they’re not suspected in a crime. If the FBI does have access to there records that’s a little suspect IMO. If they say I sent so and so to a friend what is illegal about that?
I think it’s best we move on I literally said suspicions heightened and it’s erupted. Think I’ll sit this one out. MOO

MOO
Has everyone here forgotten that they own a business that they runout of their house? They could have been mailing something to do with the juicers. I am only trying to be logical. MOO

ETA: Most Florida oranges are ready for juicing in November.

That's an interesting take. It does make a lot of sense.
ETA, we've always assumed Gabby's reaction was her desire to not be separated from Brian because she needed him, but maybe it's because she was afraid of his future behavior if she wasn't around to calm him down. And that would make sense if he needed to fly home when he is...having issues.
This has me curious. Hasn't it been mentioned in here that at some point BL admitted to being prescribed medication for anxiety? I believe the Moab footage, possibly. If that was the case and he was off his meds, maybe they decided he needed to fly back to Florida to see his doctor and get new prescriptions that would have enough refills to get him through the remainder of the trip? This is all my speculation, of course but IMO that would be an excellent reason to make an emergency trip home alone and come right back to continue the journey.
MOO! Obviously I'm just spitballing and speculating on what exactly that trip was all about. IMO it is directly related to the DV incident.

I'm pretty sure some of the comments about it being a red flag the Laundries went to the bank are actually jokes. But it looks like some are serious. I can think of all kinds of reasons someone might have to go to the bank. If it was impossible to have a legitimate reason to visit a branch, branches wouldn't exist. It's not as though maintaining physical buildings and paved parking lots is cheap nor is staffing. I also find it a bit disingenuous to claim the Laundries' behavior is strange because going to public places during the pandemic is odd. Every other person involved in this case has been out and about in public, starting with GP and BL. For example, I doubt they ordered the van online and had a no-contact delivery.

Someone might go to a bank to access an existing safety deposit box. People might go to open a new safety deposit box or to close out an old safety deposit box. Someone might go to consult with a bank employee/personal banker about making all sorts of account changes. Even in this day and age, not everything can be done online or by phone as actual signatures are sometimes required. For non-bank personal or business paperwork, signatures may have to be notarized. I don't need one often, but when I need a notary, I go to my bank.

Someone might go to the bank if paying off or refinancing a mortgage. Even if much of that could be done by US mail to provide actual signatures on documents, if I was worried about the security of my home mail box as the Laundries may be or if I was worried about the reliability of the US mail as we all should be then a simple bank visit makes complete sense. Going to the bank is also faster than sending documents back and forth by US mail. (And if you don't have a postal scale at home, using US mail to return signed documents may mean a trip to the post office. Why not just go to the bank instead?) Also even when notarized signatures aren't required, witnessed signatures often are. A person can't attest to witnessing a mailed-in signature.

People might go to the bank if, after making account changes, they need new debit cards. Or if if there has been a fraud attempt on an account (as can happen to all of us but may be more likely when one receives negative public attention) replacement debit cards are often needed. In either situation, if worried about home mailbox security as I would be if I were the Laundries, cards can be sent to the branch office for pickup there.

People may go to a bank to consult with a financial advisor as banks sometimes provide advisors who aren't bank employees. It's hardly beyond belief to think the Laundries are financially stressed (even without accepting that they have helped BL-- but paying SB, the effect all of the notoriety has had on their business, the cumulative effect of the pandemic on their business (which involves commercial juicers), and so on. While some of the financial advisor stuff can probably be done by Zoom calls, if portfolio changes are to be made actual signatures may be required.

JMO

Did the bank visit precede the fed ex? I ask because the most common reason I know of for people to go to the bank in person these days is for a wet notary signature. Many use docusign for signing these days, but if you still need a notary and don't work in a law firm, the next best place to go is the bank. Same for counter checks or "certified" checks. Both of these things are very commonly needed in real estate transactions. jmo

MOO
Has everyone here forgotten that they own a business that they runout of their house? They could have been mailing something to do with the juicers. I am only trying to be logical. MOO

ETA: Most Florida oranges are ready for juicing in November.
Actually the biggest red flag for me was that they spent 45 minutes inside a Walmart on the same day their attorney proclaimed they were being "tortured" and followed. No reports so far that anyone approached them in the Walmart or Bank or FedEx or AT&T. jmo

Chris and Roberta Laundrie "are being followed when performing basic tasks like food shopping," Bertolino told Insider.
Brian Laundrie's parents are 'being tortured in their own home' by protesters, attorney says

More than once I've wondered if they didn't throw him out. One of those "you've brought a pox upon this family" scenarios. MOO and I do watch a lot of old movies on TCM.
If so, why did they tell a completely different story? That information would surely help serve to shoo those pesky protesters away! Why say they didn't know anything and he just left to hike? Why wouldn't they admit their was a blow-up and they booted him? I guess I just don't see a good reason why they wouldn't have mentioned this at all if it happened.

I don’t think it’s necessarily odd for them to visit a bank in person. I think it’s a strange choice considering the situation they find themselves in. Unless of course they had a legit reason. However, you’d think their attorney would have already said by now considering what all else he’s said. Lol. We knew almost immediately why they went to Orlando. So…I don’t think it’s strange to visit a branch location. I think it’s an odd choice for them at this moment with the attorney not already blabbing about it. I would have avoided that bank like my life depended on it haha! All JMO.

Actually the biggest red flag for me was that they spent 45 minutes inside a Walmart on the same day their attorney proclaimed they were being "tortured" and followed. No reports so far that anyone approached them in the Walmart or Bank or FedEx or AT&T. jmo

Chris and Roberta Laundrie "are being followed when performing basic tasks like food shopping," Bertolino told Insider.
Brian Laundrie's parents are 'being tortured in their own home' by protesters, attorney says
I say: Let them be followed. Things could be worse. After what they and BL have done after 9-1, I think they brought this on themselves. As for SB saying they're being "tortured" Not a chance. They just want to be left alone so they can do whatever they want again. IMO

They got a lot of flak as a result of the body cam footage, so much so that there’s also an independent investigation to be conducted by an unaffiliated law enforcement agency into the Moab PD’s handling of the incident.

They got a lot of flak as a result of the body cam footage, so much so that there’s also an independent investigation to be conducted by an unaffiliated law enforcement agency into the Moab PD’s handling of the incident.
I saw about independent investigation. Can't say I'm surprised about that or the flak they got and are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member