Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen! I’m struggling to read some of the continuing conspiracy theories when to me it seems that Occam’s Razor has struck, again.
Occam's Razor would dictate, IMO

Brian sees Gabby dead or injured
He goes straight to LE

Thus saving weeks and weeks of anguished feelings in her parents, evasions of truth supposedly to his own parents, stealing money and a van from a dead person, etc.

And I'd say that millions of dollars of taxpayer money would not have been wasted (U&I funding)

None of that would have happened had he manned up on day one. IMO

I enlarged the bag. Notable, IMOO, is the size of objects in bag, the corners indicating a rectangular item (IMO), also the appearance of a cream-colored item inside bag, etc. I have no idea what all it is. Photo taken from the U.S. Sun, credit to the Sun.
A dry bag is something you take hiking or camping—it doesn’t indicate, to me, something he would have taken if he didn’t intend to spend some time outdoors. I’ve never used my dry bags in a non-hiking/camping situation.
When I do multi-day hikes, I take one dry bag for trash, one that holds all my food and the dog’s food, and one that holds spare battery packs and charging cables.
If this is him, and it sure does seem like it is, the dry bag leads me to believe he didn’t go in there with the express intention of suicide.
MOO.

And perhaps help their son to deal appropriately with the consequences of his actions. Their seeming attempt to shield him from any involvement or consequence may have actually made things worse. If he did feel guilt, an attempt to escape reality may have been unbearable.

I’ve always felt the Laundries & their attorney dealt with this in the worst possible way for all involved. There was no way this was going to disappear. Much better to face reality with competent counsel, cooperate, negotiate a plea using whatever mental defect or mental health issues were involved. But their actions alienated basically the entire country while gaining nothing for their son.

He could have gotten a manslaughter type sentence. Instead he’s likely dead. Is this really what the Laundries wanted? Cause I saw the path they were choosing & many here seem to also think this is normal & the best course of action. I have always fully disagreed with that.
I'm quite sure that the Laundries didn't want their son dead.

So after weeks of searches by the FBI and local LE, god knows at what cost, and the 'rents find his stuff in like 10 minutes a short distance from where his car was abandoned. I'm thinking there are gonna be some "meetings" :D
We;;, my hubby and my son, can spend hours looking for stuff. I wak in and find in straight away. Perhaps it was mothers intuition?

JMO, but if it turns out that the Laundrie's were the ones to find their son, in the exact place they have been saying he was the whole time. It'll be interesting what the protesters outside their homes, the media commentators etc are going to say today. Will they back track, or double down and start with the, the body was planted theory. I can see already on social media alot of doubling down.

Also, do they get the reward money? Technically, they were the ones who said he was there this whole time, even with doubters they were adamant, and even when the search stopped, they found him. Well if they do, I assume its going to go to old Bertelino

If it's their son in there whose partial remains have been found I don't think they care two hoots about money right now.

The protestors should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Disgusting behaviour.

I respectfully disagree. If he’s dead, his life is over. There will be no court crap, appeals, parole hearings, etc. for the family to endure. As to “answers,” there could never be one that would make sense or justify Gabby’s murder. Plus, he’d lie anyway.

I respectfully disagree. The Petito and Schmidt family specifically stated they wanted him alive. They wanted answers. And, they wanted him to live the rest of his days in a cell with the knowledge of what he did to their daughter. See the Dr. Phil interview on the Media Thread. They were quite clear. MOO

A dry bag is something you take hiking or camping—it doesn’t indicate, to me, something he would have taken if he didn’t intend to spend some time outdoors.
When I do multi-day hikes, I take one dry bag for trash, one that holds all my food and the dog’s food, and one that holds spare battery packs and charging cables.
If this is him, and it sure does seem like it is, the dry bag leads me to believe he didn’t go in there with the express intention of suicide.
MOO.
I agree. If you're going to kill yourself you don't bring a dry bag to protect your belongings.

Lying by omission is lying IMO. IF this turns out to be BL, these parents could have aided in his capture while he was ALIVE. Instead we know from public facing evidence that they withheld his departure for days. MOO IMO

The entire situation is suspicious. The L's ran a bunch of errands yesterday, the most since their son disappeared, as if they knew they weren't going to be out in public for a while. The area where the belongings/remains were found today, opened to the public yesterday. Yet the parents did not go yesterday but instead called LE last night and told them of their intent to search this morning. Then after searching for a short period of time, the parents find his belongings. The area may have been under water but if cadaver dogs were used in the previous searches, they could have easily picked up the scent of remains underwater. Whatever was going on, his parents basically went straight to where the items/remains were found as if they knew where he would be located. IF they knew, they should have informed LE asap. If he's been deceased for a while, that means they knew where he was for a while. Something is off for sure. IMO.

Brian went out there before her remains were found. It's likely he believed (rightly so) that where he left Gabby's body would never be discovered. At that point, I believe that although everyone knew in their hearts he had killed her, it's likely he would never be prosecuted. And then, in an unbelievable stroke of good luck for LE, another camper's randomly shot video led them to Gabby's remains.

I think he and his atty banked on her never being found. And, if evidence started to stack against him even wo a body, that the Feds would eventually come to him and plead him out in exchange for her location before the weather turned. This is MOO.

Interesting that once the water receded the police didn't think to being in the cadaver dogs again. I'm more than a bit puzzled by that. Didn't this park open back up to the public last week? Welcome public! JMOO

But everyone keeps saying the dogs can alert on a tiny bone from a dead person and it can be 30 ft underwater, so why wasn't it found before this if there's a body there? Just honestly curious? If they're so GOOD why hadn't it been found yet? I can understand SEEING things when the water recedes but how does it matter to a cadaver dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod