Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, a whole extra day to add the bit about the mustang being parked there. So the reporting period turns out to be: goes missing on Monday, lawyer contacts LE Friday afternoon, Mustang added on Saturday. So that's 6 days if the day he went missing is included. IMO. No wonder it seemed to many of us as a getaway opportunity. Maybe it was, but backfired. I am wondering if there was some contact expected yesterday that did not happen. Setting off today's unusual search by the parents. IMO
I've been on the fence about the parents' knowledge/role this whole time, but one thing that's hard to understand is, if nothing was nefarious, why would they wait so many days to report him missing? That part seems so odd to me!

Per Fox News, "The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them."

Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at Florida park after fugitive's items found
Why were the parents the ones to discover these items? How did they know they would be there?

Protestors are at the scene. Unclear if also at home.
Laundrie's are at home. It is believed a police officer went to the home and is (was?) with them but it's unconfirmed.
Many thanks!

Weird. I’m watching the news now and they said the Petitos and Schmidt’s contacted the Laundries multiple times between August 30-September 6 before the Laundries camping trip.

Well that's not what GP's family has said. And they've been interviewed many times. Plus let's think about it. We know NS talked with GP on Aug 25. (See timeline) There's no reason she'd have been calling the Laundries a mere 5 days later. It just didn't happen the way it's been presented on some "news" shows. Sure it makes a more dramatic story to say her parents called the Laundries for days and days before calling LE. But they didn't. Their daughter was an adult. They didn't panic immediately when they couldn't reach her knowing she was planning to be in "the wilderness."
JMO

Last edited:
Like I posted years ago, all hell broke loose when JP discovered the van at BL'S and no Gabby! BL knew the jig was up. He had lied to his parents and to himself. His life was over and he went to the park to make it official! When a person decides to end their life, they are only thinking of that. Not mother or dad, or how it would effect anyone. I've experienced it... first hand!!

I'm sorry that you have experienced this first hand. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, however tragic.

Like I posted years ago, all hell broke loose when JP discovered the van at BL'S and no Gabby! BL knew the jig was up. He had lied to his parents and to himself. His life was over and he went to the park to make it official! When a person decides to end their life, they are only thinking of that. Not mother or dad, or how it would effect anyone. I've experienced it... first hand!!
I'm glad you're here Lilly x

I will never understand why someone will kill someone then go and kill themselves (if that is the case). Just kill yourself first and leave the innocent to live their lives.

People often murder impulsively, out of white hot rage. It's not as if most murderers have a good plan. But anyhow, people who murder come from all walks of life, don't usually plan or premeditate for days, are ultimately triggered in some way often by something insignificant. Strangulation is the most common form of domestic homicide. Often, murderers do not regard their victims as "innocent" but mostly, they aren't thinking much about consequences at the time and live to regret it.

One man I interviewed about the attempted murder of his wife said that she had forgotten to mail a couple of bills, when he had explicitly told her to do so that day, so when he came home and saw the envelopes still on the stand in the entry way, he slapped her when she came to greet him and then tried to strangle her because she was crying and screaming, which he didn't like. She refused to testify against him in court. He's still working at the same job he had.

We aren't to discuss mental illness, so I'll just say that some murderers have longterm mental issues, others do not - but all are in an unusual cognitive state right before, during and after the murder. Serial rapists are the same. They will often say "I don't know," even years later, when asked why they did it - or why they did it the way they did it. Same is true of many unsuccessful suicides. Why on that day? Why that method? They'll say they don't know - and they truly look as if they are perplexed by their own behavior.

Kind of like asking about some more ordinary thing we might do (why did I choose these particular clothes to wear today? I don't really know exactly...)

TBH, I can see it growing worse. If it is him and he will never be held to account, the blame on the parents for not reporting him gone for days and possibly giving him an almost week head start will fall at their feet. They will bear the brunt of the blame for the family never receiving answers, justice, or a true resolution. MOO IMO JMO
I think that this was a "crime of passion" and that BL killed her during an argument. JMO It was apparent that his anger had been bubbling up.

If he committed suicide, I believe that it was a result of him not wanting to go to jail or deal with the consequences of his actions. JMO
Or possibly he was in as much pain as her family is. Imagine having an argument with the woman that you loved and planned to marry, that ends up in her death--at your own hands? I am not of the opinion that he planned to end her life, and if he did accidentally kill her, I could see that he would not be any happier with himself than anyone else is. It would be an unbearable pain. If he has been found, and they determine suicide as COD, I think everyone has all the answers they need. Those close to Gabby have a lot more insight as to what was going on with Brian and Gabby in the weeks before her death, and I'm sure they either are being given ,or will be given, information from the FBI investigation to fill in the cracks

Apparent human remains found after Brian Laundrie's possessions located in Florida nature reserve

I am not sure if this had been shared already or not. I am not going to weed through the feed.

I find it kinda sus that Brian's parents went to the park to help search for him. And within an X amount of time found items belonging to him. Things that weren't found during the initial searches of the park. If the parents KNEW what Brian's favorite trail was why didn't they inform LE? IMO <modsnip>

Edited to add 'ed' to the end of Wait.

I'm listening to WFLA live. According to JB and others he's had on, this area was under water until recently. It's just recently OK to walk on and search on foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who will livestream it?

I have been watching commercial-less for over 4 hrs now (the guy on WFLA guy just statedthat) livestream from WFLA. I'm on their youtube since I was having problems watching live from a website. Hopefully my post won't get deleted for being a youtube since it's WFLA reporting live. JB Biunno & Walt Buteau.

ETA the link. D'oh!

It screams "not normal" to me. But then, BLs parents did nothing normal in this investigation, which makes me think they were in parental protection mode until the end. MOO, MOO

Agree!

How is parent protection mode not going to look for your missing son for over a month? He’s missing? Could be harmed. Could harm himself. Overloaded by the weight of his actions (IMO) flyers /tv presses/ anything??

Why aren’t you crawling though those woods or doing anything and everything to find your missing son??

They appeared absolutely indifferent and at best annoyed about all of this.

That’s all l saw. Indifference/ angry / annoyed.

None of their behavior is “normal” IMO -

It’s why we are all reacting to it.

The lack of compassion and caring displayed by BL parents behavior is beyond my understanding.

The old saying is “desperate people do desperate things” - they never appeared desperate….

Their son was missing….

I would be out every single night to find him even if he did this horrible thing to another woman. I would still be parenting him. He is only 23 years old.

I would still try to protect his life that’s my job and also help him face the consequences of his actions …

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member