Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean what was that movie about the mountain climber who got stuck and cut off his own arm?
agree unlikely, but possible.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that movie. If someone's choices were having to watch over their shoulder for the rest of their life on the run, spending life in prison where they would be dominated by alpha males, committing suicide or sawing off an appendage to fake their death, they might choose the latter. Nothing would surprise me at this point. IMO.

Manslaughter can be homicide. So can murder but for him to state murder rather than homicide is something we have not heard anyone official say so far. IMO

Manslaughter is when a homicide is accidental. She died of strangulation, which given the length of time that that type of killing takes, is never manslaughter. It would always be murder.

He's a real estate attorney and since we know he talks quickly and frequently on Twitter, he probably doesn't think to use the right terminology. MOO

Investigators tend to couch their statements a lot. It could be just that the police are sure they're human remains and said so to the lawyer but just doesn't want to fully commit to that publicly yet, out of caution.

Curious that, after all afternoon searching, they only found a backpack (dry bag?) and a notebook. Surely a self-proclaimed survivalist is going to bring more supplies if he truly intended to "live off the land." So where's the rest of the stuff that he'd presumably brought with him, and why was this this only thing found by the remains?
Maybe it is because he went there to kill himself and never intended to live off the land. That is a fan fiction scenario written on social media. MOO

So probably a simple story in the end. They were bitterly fighting, he killed her in a blind rage.

he knew he could either lie to everyone and it would magically go away or he would probably have to kill himself.

He lied to everyone as long as possible but soon the whole world was looking for Gabby so he went off and killed himself.

Exactly. None of us know what he was feeling what he was thinking. It's really a sad situation. All we know is that he took her life. We still don't know why? I feel like unless we are in a person's shoes than we can't pretend that we know. But the end result for all family members is sadness.

I agree with everything you said apart from, "All we know is that he took her life".

We don't know that. At all.

MOO

I don't think the FBI would say "possible human remains" unless they were pret' darned sure it was human remains.

They have confirmed that the notebook and the backpack are BL's. That was the point of the news conference - which would have been unprofessional to tweet, IMO.

Most ink can be revived under microscope, even if damp for a long time, but I'm not sure that we'll ever know what was in them. If they confirm the remains as BL's, the case dies with him.

Agree! But they better make really darn sure that the "partial remains" are BL. The finding of a notebook & backpack, depending on contents, may be an all too convenient find for my suspension of disbelief. Any "objects" found by the Laundries are subject to an additional layer of suspicion in my mind and I'm not "buying" the "find" until I know the contents & the ID is confirmed. And even if it's him, the "objects" may or may not be what they seem.

Manslaughter is when a homicide is accidental. She died of strangulation, which given the length of time that that type of killing takes, is never manslaughter. It would always be murder.
I’m repeating what I heard and what JB said, up until now they’ve used the word homicide not murder. Murder is determined legally from what I’ve been told. It could have been a slip of the tongue but I thought I’d mention it because we haven’t heard it before, wish I hadn’t to be honest. JB thought it was significant. IMO

Comparing the loss GP’s parents are experiencing to what the Laundries might be experiencing now…gross. Those families are not the same.

I agree, they're not the same. Apparently Brian engineered both deaths, Gabby's to murder and his to suicide or to trying to outwit the elements.

But as I said in the last thread, at one point Brian was the Laundries little boy. So I feel for them strictly on that level. I'm mad at them for everything else.

Seeing suicide repeatedly being referred to as the " coward's way out" is really rubbing me the wrong way.
It's interesting, I've seen pundits on TV etc refer to suicide as "the coward's way" & then also things along the lines of "he wouldn't have the courage to kill himself..." & I'm always like, which is it?! BL aside, I find both characterizations so strange & off putting. JMO

I have questions lol like most of us. The FBI said a backpack. Is that in addition to that little wet bag? Or is the backpack they’re referring to the wet bag. Also. I wonder if the notebook was laying by itself or in the backpack/wet bag. IF it was in the wet bag, there’s a good chance it might not be completely destroyed. Idk JMO.

I’m bringing this over from the first thread. I’d hate for the thread to be closed:

Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread. If you have question please PM a member of the Mod Team. We are here to help you!

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

As a parent who has lost a child and never received the full story on what led up to his death......justice for me would be closure and the ability to move on. I personally would not to relive everything through a trial etc. We had to come to the realization that knowing the full story didn't change that our son was deceased, it wouldn't lessen the pain. We had to figure out how to best do life without him in it. And he wouldn't have wanted us to stay stagnant and never move on. This is MOO only, but a valid one since I have personally lost a child, though not in these same circumstances. As a side note, I teared up and my heart broke at the video of RL and CL speaking to the searcher. Being notified of your child's death is not something any parent should ever have to face, even the parents of the person who most likely killed Gabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dietzlyn