Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
they’re social pariahs for the rest of their lives, they’ve got people screaming on their lawn, their son has just died. I don’t think any of us are needed to join the pile on at this point.
That’s how I feel and you have every right to say you feel otherwise, but please don’t use terms like ‘apologist’ or ‘rubbing salt’.. because that suggests that the “many of us” are the injured parties in this, and people who think differently to that have the salt. That’s really unfair.

ETA :words

I am afraid that this will be a movie :(

"Did they go searching for their son the first chance they got - Yes." My thoughts: No

"Did the Laundries plan an elaborate escape for Brian and hole him up somewhere nice and cosy? - Doesn't appear so for the fact that as soon as they got the chance to search in the reserve, they did. Suggests a strong belief they knew where in the reserve he liked to go hiking." Jury is Out on this. MOO

"Bearing all that in mind, especially the last part. Of what benefit does it serve his parents to find evidence near "his" partial remains?" We have to first learn whether they are his remains. MOO
Hmmm I don't really have anything to work with, with those counter arguments.

I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash.

I suggest people read Chuck Palanuick's book HAUNTED, it's about writers going off-grid in an abandoned theatre and they start amputating body parts in order to become famous when found. Weird, a premise I know, but it's all about cutting off parts and surviving. This one BL's FAVORITE author. Food for thought.

I tend to avoid books like that, but I did enjoy the movie "Boxing Helena". That was one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. Remotely similar sounding plot only it was about a man cutting a woman to pieces, one piece by piece and keeping what remained alive in a box. It sounds more gruesome than it was.

I don't think BL cut himself in pieces. I think he was sleeping out there and an alligator killed him in his sleep and now he's in decomposed pieces scattered all over the place. It will be awhile before we know more! IMO

Re: That other black part isn't the part the clip goes into? I don't know what to call it. <----(I can no longer quote that post so manually brought it over)

Could what's seen hanging out the top of the bag at both ends be BLs hiking bag? It's apparently what he was last seen wearing. You can clearly see one side of the clasp on the right side, I drew a red circle around the other end of the clasp on the left side in the event someone missed it against the dark background. I was Googling for BL fanny pack since that's what those clasps looked like to me. I was going to look at images to see if I could find him wearing a fanny pack which I have seen in the past (I recall that people made fun of it because it was worn off center). I instead landed on the article below. Not sure why the clasps would be hanging out the sides of the top of that rolled down bag through. Seems an odd way to carry a hiking bag off if that's what those are attached to. You'd think they'd be inside the white bag, not hanging out the top. Originally I thought those clasps were part of the white bag and couldn't figure out how you'd wear something like that. LOL I wish we had answers on what exactly we're seeing in that pic as I find it a tad confusing.

As per the linked MSM below, it says: "Investigators are still asking the public for help in locating Brian. They say he is a white male, 5-foot-8 and weighing 160 pounds. He has brown eyes, very short brown hair, trimmed facial hair, and was last seen wearing a hiking bag with a waist strap."

Source of pic: FBI will provide update after possible human remains found in manhunt for Brian Laundrieupload_2021-10-20_15-40-8.png

I suggest people read Chuck Palanuick's book HAUNTED, it's about writers going off-grid in an abandoned theatre and they start amputating body parts in order to become famous when found. Weird, a premise I know, but it's all about cutting off parts and surviving. This one BL's FAVORITE author. Food for thought.
yeah, I was in the mood for a new read... chuck palanuick wouldn't have been my go to in general, but for today, makes sense

This is what I think happened!

A crime of passion is a crime committed by someone so quickly that he doesn’t have time to “cool down” and stop himself. In other words, a crime of passion is exactly that: it is a crime that someone commits while in a passionate state. That passion can either be out of heartbreak, like if someone breaks up with another person, or out of rage.
Strangulation isn't a crime of passion though. It's premeditated murder because of the time it takes. IMO

I can understand the possibility of the Ls being frustrated with the lack of progress with the search for BL. "Hey, we told you he's probably in *this* area. Why can't you find him? OK, you've opened the park back up to the public, I suppose we can go in and look for ourselves. Oh look, that's some of BL's stuff. Should we call the cops? No, they had their chance. We're grieving parents and just want a few minutes alone with what's left of our kid before the next media circus. "

Just my amateur speculation. I would have done the same thing they did. Cooperating with police is one thing, but spoon feeding them is quite another, MOO.
It appears that the Ls talked to the FBI last night and arranged to meet the FBI at the site this morning. FBI was on scene.

At the park, two men in hiking gear – including at least one who later identified himself as a law enforcement officer – began trailing behind them. The Laundries and one of the men appeared to discuss a discovery before the parents left the park, which was subsequently closed to media and the public.

Brian Laundrie search: FBI confirms unidentified human remains, fugitive's backpack and notebook found

At the park, two men in hiking gear – including at least one who later identified himself as a law enforcement officer – began trailing behind them. The Laundries and one of the men appeared to discuss a discovery before the parents left the park, which was subsequently closed to media and the public.

Maybe thru pre-arrangement the notebook and backpack were placed higher up than the water would ever get? If the Laundries picked up the evidence and walked 20-30 minutes before turning it over to LE, how does anyone know where they really found it? IMO

So, what about the bones? I am trying to understand how this could be considered a conspiracy or setup.

Wow. And he seemed so suggestible anyway. IMO

Not sure what was going through his mind. But his choice of books is interesting, a little window into the soul, or at least a sense of humor.

All afternoon folks here and on TV keep saying the police could not have found the body because it was under water - until now. So NOW that the water has receded, they stopped looking and opened the park? Police just gave up even though there were new places to search? What? And only BL's family could find him by searching right beside the parking lot? Sorry, but this seems strange and illogical. JMOO
I was just thinking the exact same thing! I would love to hear the logic for that.

IMHO if what remains of BL's remains have been found, this is the best situation in the long run. Then there is a start point for whatever recovery is possible.

Should BL been captured alive, the situation would have dragged with an uncertain outcome. BL is pretty much certainly the person wh0 murdered GP. But maybe he pleads to manslaughter or the justice system pulls a Casey Anthony? There is the strong possibility that specifics of what occurred may still not ever be clarified and maybe those details are not even that important now that GB and BL have been found. The toothpaste is out of the tube and smeared and dry on the floor. I just see more hurt for the families as long as the hunt and uncertainty continued.

If BL was never found, no one would ever know what happened to him. I never expected GP to be found and was gladly surprised when GB's remains were found. I never expected BL to be found and thought, if he was in the Florida swamps, BL went there specifically to commit suicide.

So a page has turned.

There is much we do not know at WS. But many good hearts.

All afternoon folks here and on TV keep saying the police could not have found the body because it was under water - until now. So NOW that the water has receded, they stopped looking and opened the park? Police just gave up even though there were new places to search? What? And only BL's family could find him by searching right beside the parking lot? Sorry, but this seems strange and illogical. JMOO
I was just thinking the exact same thing! I would love to hear the logic for that.

Maybe thru pre-arrangement the notebook and backpack were placed higher up than the water would ever get? If the Laundries picked up the evidence and walked 20-30 minutes before turning it over to LE, how does anyone know where they really found it? IMO
I imagine LE could ask them or the reporter who was with them where they found the items. JMO.

So effectively they could have just used the term POI rather than suspect and both mean the same thing? Just trying to get it right in my head. MOO

Yes, they are both media terms. I have never heard anyone in the legal community use the word "POI" in my entire career. It's a media invention. LE does not like calling people "suspects" because it essentially gives someone a heads up that they are wanted for a crime. Maybe you wanna surprise the guy and not have the NY Post beat you to it. So the media invented POI and some LE information officer (who are former media people) adopted it.

But it's not a thing. There's either a warrant out for your arrest or not. Otherwise, LE investigations will investigate different people and once they believe they have probable cause they will go get the arrest warrant.

I realize people hate this answer but it's true, the words don't mean anything except to the media trying to tell a story.

IMHO if what remains of BL's remains have been found, this is the best situation in the long run. Then there is a start point for whatever recovery is possible.

Should BL been captured alive, the situation would have dragged with an uncertain outcome. BL is pretty much certainly the person wh0 murdered GP. But maybe he pleads to manslaughter or the justice system pulls a Casey Anthony? There is the strong possibility that specifics of what occurred may still not ever be clarified and maybe those details are not even that important now that GB and BL have been found. The toothpaste is out of the tube and smeared and dry on the floor. I just see more hurt for the families as long as the hunt and uncertainty continued.

If BL was never found, no one would ever know what happened to him. I never expected GP to be found and was gladly surprised when GB's remains were found. I never expected BL to be found and thought, if he was in the Florida swamps, BL went there specifically to commit suicide.

So a page has turned.

There is much we do not know at WS. But many good hearts.

I hope it brings Gabby's parents/ loved ones some peace. (if possible).

what was in the notebook?
The area where the notebook was found had been searched before but also had been under around 4 feet of water.

Any ink that survived that amount of water would, in my opinion, be illegible. If there is a personal account of what happened, I’m venturing that it’s a nice creative writing piece constructed by a ghost writer. IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes