Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find SB exact words when he asserted that the parents reported Brian missing on the 13 or 14.

Maybe he means they reported it to him, and SB accidentallyish mislead the media to interpret that it was reported to SB to mean they reported to LE.

I can't find SB exact words when he asserted that the parents reported Brian missing on the 13 or 14.

Maybe he means they reported it to him, and SB accidentallyish mislead the media to interpret that it was reported to SB to mean they reported to LE.
Oh, very astute point!

the deal with fingerprinting...
if the parents touched it and moved it, their prints are now on it... if they didn't touch it, then their prints would never have been on it.... unless they planted that bag... earlier, for brian.
I don't think they planted it yesterday, but I think they may have dropped it off at some point earlier, when Brian first leftor when they came an got the car. when they went searching yesterday finding that bag to them meant brian never go it, so they realized if fingerprinted their prints would be on it... maybe or maybe not brians, but reason to go ahead and pick up without gloves to avoid being charged
we're just not going to give up on the "Laundrie family as conspiratorial criminal masterminds" theory, are we?

Again, Occam's Razor: The parents told LE where he'd probably be. LE spends millions driving their expensive trucks all over the preserve, finding nothing. Park opens, parents go where they told LE he probably would be and find evidence of him having been there.

This isn't a movie. It's a story of a very sad outcome for a pair of young people and the horror their families have had to endure - to say nothing of the additional horror brought upon them by a bunch of gawkers online (and in person).

I may have this wrong, but I think the OP meant that the parents could have dropped that bag off to him at an earlier time, but now after they were seen handling the bag no one will ever know when their fingerprints were left on it.
I think OP this was the point OP was making,but I could be wrong.

Ah I see. As I understand it though, what people are suspecting the parents of is accessory after the fact or something like that, if they helped Brian hide. IANAL, but as I have seen it explained is that to be convicted of accessory after the fact, the actual perpetrator must have been convicted of the crime. Since BL is dead, he is not going to be convicted of any crimes. As I see it, if BL is indeed dead, this is all over legally. There won't be any criminal prosecutions. There may be civil action, but the police aren't going to be gathering evidence and investigating for that.

All MOO, JMO, amateur speculation only

The search of that area had concluded. LE had left. What's the difference if XL & RL found it vs me walking my pet iguana there? Just curious? MOO.

Okay, I know I shouldn't have found your comment funny, but it did. You have a pet Iquana? That is funny and cute.

we're just not going to give up on the "Laundrie family as conspiratorial criminal masterminds" theory, are we?

Again, Occam's Razor: The parents told LE where he'd probably be. LE spends millions driving their expensive trucks all over the preserve, finding nothing. Park opens, parents go where they told LE he probably would be and find evidence of him having been there.

This isn't a movie. It's a story of a very sad outcome for a pair of young people and the horror their families have had to endure - to say nothing of the additional horror brought upon them by a bunch of gawkers online (and in person).
Both sides are too extreme, IMHO. Those who seem to wish to grant them sainthood and those demonizing them. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Jmo

JMHO
I think LE was humoring the Ls and truly did not expect any evidence to be found.
They went in pretty casually and, as a result, evidence was mishandled.

Do you know if the 2xLE were NPPD or FBI?
I just find it hard to believe FBI officers wouldn't be strict on chain of custody? Especially when the two people searching have told LE the night before that they intend on doing their own search. ( And those 2 people are already under a cloud of suspicion)
I personally don't think the Ls planted anything & I appreciate the group were being tailed by a Fox cameraman but it just seems a bit sloppy to me

I can't find the link just now, but some reports stated that the Mustang was towed from the area. But the keys were left in it. So I am still not sure who moved the car.

The Mustang was towed from the Laundries driveway. It was towed the same day as the FBI raided the Laundrie home. I watched it live the day it happened. jmo

But LE found the backpack on the other side of the trail, and I don't think it would fit in the dry bag would it? MOO
the dry bag could be in the backpack to be carried because it rolls up and you take it out when you go near water hiking or in a boat. That said I find it strange that the dry bag was in a total different spot than the backpack and remains. why I'm suspicious that the dry bag was a dropoff by parents earlier for brian that he never made it to. they knew where it was, they picked it up, ruling out their fingerprints from earlier.
Unless an animal carried off the backpack or the dry bag don't see why they would be separated.

Interview with Steven Bertolino

SB's exact words:

Cuomo
The police gave the impression that the family delayed notifying them about Brian Laundrie's disappearance.

SB
Well you say they gave the impression. They came outright and said it and certain members of the Northport Police Department have said it more than once, and as I've discussed with you once before.

Let the record be clear. The Laundrie's reported Brian did not come home the night he went out for the hike. I actually reported that to the FBI personally.

On Friday the 17th the FBI called me, we didn't call them. They called me and said we have a tip that Brian was seen in Tampa and we want to see if he's in the house. After some back and forth we agreed on a time. At 6.15, Friday the 17th the FBI is going to come to the house. During that conversation with agreeing on the time, I said to them "If you got a tip, where did this come from?" because a member of the Northport PD gave a press conference the night before and said "we know where Brian is". He was asked again "do you know where Brian is", "we know exactly where Brian is". I immediately called my client's and said "Hey, was Brian picked up?, do you know where he is? because I don't know where he is. How do they know where he is if we don't". And that was on Thursday.

On Friday the FBI came to the Laundrie residence. We then said "yes", we will fill out a missing person's report and that got twisted as though the family waited until Friday to report him missing. Which is not how it happened.

Same. But I can't imagine she's anywhere close to okay.

If I'm Cassie, I would need some time to work through the impact of this to my own little family. And if I'm her parents, and if Cassie needs time...I suddenly understand what it feels like to want to communicate with someone who isn't responding.
Quite.
I liked Cassie from the outset.
Her heart must be broken in so many pieces for so many people.

Ah I see. As I understand it though, what people are suspecting the parents of is accessory after the fact or something like that, if they helped Brian hide. IANAL, but as I have seen it explained is that to be convicted of accessory after the fact, the actual perpetrator must have been convicted of the crime. Since BL is dead, he is not going to be convicted of any crimes. As I see it, if BL is indeed dead, this is all over legally. There won't be any criminal prosecutions. There may be civil action, but the police aren't going to be gathering evidence and investigating for that.

All MOO, JMO, amateur speculation only

Interesting. Wasn't he a wanted fugitive? Aiding and abetting a wanted fugitive? Idk and I have no desire to try to convict them of that. Their son is dead and whatever decisions they made will probably haunt them forever. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare