Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would 100% expect that the communication between FBI and NPPD was minimal. Further, we now have absolute proof that BL was exactly where the Laundries said he would be in the first place. Had the FBI and NPPD not waited 5 days to begin searching and had they searched where the Laundries said to search, BL probably would have been found the day after he went hiking and didn't return home. It seems that the NPPD was confused and following the wrong man in Tampa and I have no idea why the FBI waited to begin searching and then went to the Carlton Reserve instead of where the Laundries said to go.
Respectfully, we do not have anything close to "absolute proof" -- we have SB's frequently-shifting word for the Laundries' version of events. And why would we expect communication between the feds and local LE to be minimal? In the old days of inter-agency peeing contests, sure, but I thought we had evolved in this millennium where different LE outlets weren't competing to get the collar and withholding information from each other. Call me naïve but I can't believe that's the case in the year 2021, especially when LE knows what a media storm would ensue if it later came out that they were pulling a stunt like this.

Reactions: TRB
Are you saying they used the HRD dogs over 3 weeks ago? If so maybe LE should have come back later with them and tried again. JMO.
I don't know when they went through that area, or how often, just putting a theory of how the dogs may have missed Brian. I do know more recently they were focused in the Carlton Reserve, since that's what we saw every day on videos.

It says to me Brian felt the need to alter his language when speaking with the police. And that he seemed very comfortable doing that at a moment's notice. He also felt the need to establish he and Gabby were in a loving, committed, typical relationship to the police before they asked too many questions.
The police thought Gabby was the one abusing Brian. So yes, Brian did what he could to minimize the situation and keep her out of jail. He quickly volunteered that he put hands on her also. He was not in trouble, she was.

He could have gone the other way and used the situation to make things much worse for her. He didn't.

MOO

His backpack and the dry bag, etc. If you are planning to suicide, why would you carry that stuff with you?
Backpack to hide a gun? Dry bag to preserve his precious artwork...or possibly a note? jmo

Someone before said that perhaps the backpack was on the remains. could be like a weight, to support your theory. but of course, the conditions of the remains would make it pretty much impossible to know if it was a drowning.

I like this theory. JMO.

I have a forensic question, perhaps for @10ofRods! We've kind of established that in a swamp a body can be skeletonized perhaps faster than we might generally assume... my question, though, is: are there ways of telling, to some degree, how LONG a body has been skeletonized, under those conditions? I know a person left on the ground, there can be drying of bones... I guess what I'm asking is, will they have any way of knowing whether he was skeletonized in a matter of days, or if he had been like that for nearly 5 weeks? For example, you mentioned microbes entering the bones... I wonder if that takes a matter of time, or if the volume of microbes might say something about how long it has been...

Time for a visit to the Body Farm in Tennessee...... FBI Marks 20 Years of Training at the ‘Body Farm’ — FBI

Are you saying they used the HRD dogs over 3 weeks ago? If so maybe LE should have come back later with them and tried again. JMO.

They did try quite a few times, I remember trying to keep track at first - but always up in another area of the preserve. I figured that they were looking at the larger bodies of water because so many of the ponds/lakes run together through little streams and cadaverine can spread - and a good dog can find its eventual source.

But not if that source is 5-6 miles away and underwater in a pond that doesn't run into some other body of water. But they did try several times. There are only so many HRD dogs and there are many searches that need them. I believe most HRD handlers are volunteers and many have day jobs.

Since suicide was always a possibility, it does strike me as unusual that they didn't start at the part of the Preserve where the car was found, use that area as their staging area.

No one "made up" seeing what they believed to be a gun case picked up by LE from the trunk of the Mustang. It has never been verified that that is what it was. Their attorney, however, when asked if BL had a gun with him answered "unknown". So, you nor anyone else knows whether or not BL had a gun, including his attorney. JMO
If they picked up a gun case then FBI will say BL is armed and dangerous. Warn the public not to engage, don't get close or try getting photos of him. I'm saying people made up the dad reporting a gun missing and also made up that SB said brian left the house with the gun. I'm sick of that misinformation spreading. JMO

Yet a witness saw him slapping her in public. That is violent. Jmo

The quoted portion said the co-worker said he had a "terrible temper." That's not what the article said the co-worker said. But to switch to Moab, we also had a witness who saw GP hit BL.
JMO

I'm not sure it's like peeing on his property (not that he didn't do that)... But more about him, like how polite and formal he was being, and that having a fiancé elevated him up a notch. I also think it was how he wanted LE to feel toward him cuz he was for darn sure buddying up and trying to get them to like him.

Oh, and thank you for taking a stab at that! LOL
Manipulative, smooth, calm, charming. Jmo

They did try quite a few times, I remember trying to keep track at first - but always up in another area of the preserve. I figured that they were looking at the larger bodies of water because so many of the ponds/lakes run together through little streams and cadaverine can spread - and a good dog can find its eventual source.

But not if that source is 5-6 miles away and underwater in a pond that doesn't run into some other body of water. But they did try several times. There are only so many HRD dogs and there are many searches that need them. I believe most HRD handlers are volunteers and many have day jobs.

Since suicide was always a possibility, it does strike me as unusual that they didn't start at the part of the Preserve where the car was found, use that area as their staging area.
It'll be interesting to find out why they were so focused on Carlton rather than where his car had been found. Makes me wonder if he was caught on a trail cam?

I like this theory. JMO.

I was the person who originally theorized the backpack may have been on the remains, but someone replied to me pointing out that police showed the Ls a picture of the backpack so they could identify it, and they probably would not have done this if the backpack were attached to remains. So I think my original theory can be scrapped! JMO

Interestingly your post made me think about something I've thought about often about the Moab police cam vid. I'm sure it means nothing but I keeps popping up in my head without any encouragement. And that's the fact BL in the very beginning of the vid referred to Gabby was Gabrielle and 'my fiancé'. There's got to be a reason in his mind why he'd do that and not simply say Gabby, when I don't think he called her Gabrielle when he spoke about her in everyday life. It's like 'my fiancé Gabrielle' was supposed to show LE how BL viewed her or something.

Sorry for my nonsense thoughts. There's something there, I just can't articulate it. lol

I think it's reasonable to attribute the formal name of and your relationship to the way BL did during a police encounter.
I don't think either Gabby or BL was accustomed to speaking to police even on a mildly regularly basis. This wasn't a average speeding ticket. They knew that. They knew they got pulled over mid fight for erratic driving. They also knew they were just physically fighting at the last stop. The encounter escalated quickly in my opinion. Meaning people had to get out cars, LEO was wanting real explanations, multiple back units arrived.
I think it's explained in BL wanting to be respectful to LEO and the obvious not get in trouble. So he went into formal mode.
It could have been LEO was men & he was making his status known. Very possible.

At first I thought it ridiculous that the Ls hired a real estate attorney, although they have a long standing relationship with him. I thought that SB would in time refer them to a FL criminal defense attorney if needed.
I must say, SB has surprised me.
He is doing an excellent job of muddying the waters and adding yet more confusion with his Hog Wash and texts to journos.
UGH!

SB has a strong background in criminal law. He also has known family for a long time. Case was clearly federal law with Gabby missing in Wyoming. So, an attorney allowed to practice in fed court would have to have been retained anyways. Laundries better off saving money while they could

I have lived in the south all of my life and I can honestly say that I despise heat, humidity, and insects, lol.
But in a swamp-like environment those insects buzzing in your ears, biting you relentlessly, my fear of poisonous snakes and ANY spider, yikes! I would probably come flying out of that swamp with my hands over my head begging them to arrest me, lol.
Jmo
I miss the old ROTFLMAO emoji!

At first I thought it ridiculous that the Ls hired a real estate attorney, although they have a long standing relationship with him. I thought that SB would in time refer them to a FL criminal defense attorney if needed.
I must say, SB has surprised me.
He is doing an excellent job of muddying the waters and adding yet more confusion with his Hog Wash and texts to journos.
UGH!
well said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members