Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple comments/musings /questions:

1. If BL killed himself (by whatever means), what would be a reason to do it in water, as opposed to on a road/higher land in the park? He would have done it when alone in any case.

2. On the other hand, if "gator," (or other animal) how is it that his dry bag/notebook, if on him, would be in tact to any degree?

I guess he could have put the bag where he thought it would be safe-ish (though apparently not safe enough from water/rising waters), then walked into the water to drown, shot himself, or purposefully od'ed then walked or fell into the swamp. Still not seeing why he would've done it in water. Especially if it was on the 13th /14th or so and the place wasn't yet swarming with searchers.

Or he happened to be a little away from his belongings and then ran into a predator (animal).

Thoughts?

JMO: * example may be upsetting to read.

I anticipate lots of new theories and posts with the recent news, and I think everyone should take time to get acquainted with the term concern trolling, as defined by Dictionary.com.

" Concern trolling involves someone opposing an idea or viewpoint, yet acting like they’re an advocate for the cause. A concern troll offers undermining criticisms under the guise of concern. Their goal is to sabotage the cause being discussed, and to inspire doubt among group members. This occurs in groups rallied around a particular issue, especially in political parties, and the goal of concern trolling is to cause dissent within a community."

An example of concern trolling may be: "I'm not saying BL is innocent but we can't disprove that he was defending himself from GP's violence! Size has nothing to do with violence, she was on record being violent to him. Who knows what their relationship was really like. She struggled with mental health, and she was capable of disappearing and framing him. Now two lives are lost."

This is concern trolling and it is not limited to online forums either. Sadly, I am sure we will see a lot of these comments now that BL "can't speak for himself". MOO, such a tragic situation all around.
What?!?!

An example of concern trolling may be: "I'm not saying BL is innocent but we can't disprove that he was defending himself from GP's violence! Size has nothing to do with violence, she was on record being violent to him. Who knows what their relationship was really like. She struggled with mental health, and she was capable of disappearing and framing him. Now two lives are lost."
You mean like "We aren't owed any answers, we're not medical examiners, we'll never know and we should stop asking," that kind of thing?

Oh man.. so now what??

Now what? Now…nothing, I guess. I don’t think there is anything else, even if there could be. I don’t think there is any reason to think that LE will investigate whether or not BL’s parents helped hide him, or mislead the police in their attempt to find him. After all, his remains were found right where they should have been if he left for a day hike, and didn’t come home. I am not saying that they didn’t help him avoid talking to the police; just that they didn’t help him leave the state and regularly support him for weeks while he was on the run.

Jodi Goldberg
@JodiGFox5NY

#GabbyPetito fam attny responds to Brian’s remains: Gabby’s family is not doing interviews or making a statement at this time. They are grieving the loss of their beautiful daughter. Gabby’s family will make a statement at the appropriate time and when they are emotionally ready
Always graceful and gracious. Respect to them. I'm so sorry they did not get justice for their child.

I hope he left something written somewhere, anywhere, of his culpability and remorse. I think he loved her, and she he, in their own sick version of it. MOO. May they both RIP. Tragic for their families.
I don't think he truly loved Gabby.
Gabby's version of love and affection was honest and truthful and it showed in her videos and comments in her blog.
I agree he had a sick version of whatever it was that he called 'love'.
In the end, I doubt Gabby knew what he was capable of ! :(
Imo.

The Petitos and Schmidts don't strike me as the vindictive type. My guess--and I could certainly be wrong--is that they'll offer their condolences. They seem like good people and they know only too well how horrific it is to lose a child. I doubt they'll sue. JMOO
I agree they are sweet people but they deserve to know answers and a civil suit may be the only way to get some truth from the laundries

Perhaps intentional infliction of emotional distress. It would probably be a long shot (I am not a lawyer), but it would be a matter of public record.
Intentional infliction of emotional distress - Wikipedia

Like my attorney is fond of telling me, "You can sue the pope for rape...but, you might not win..."

I can't imagine any judge or jury ruling against a party for making use of their legal right to remain silent.

I have a couple comments/musings /questions:

1. If BL killed himself (by whatever means), what would be a reason to do it in water, as opposed to on a road/higher land in the park? He would have done it when alone in any case.

2. On the other hand, if "gator," (or other animal) how is it that his dry bag/notebook, if on him, would be in tact to any degree?

I guess he could have put the bag where he thought it would be safe-ish (though apparently not safe enough from water/rising waters), then walked into the water to drown, shot himself, or purposefully od'ed then walked or fell into the swamp. Still not seeing why he would've done it in water. Especially if it was on the 13th /14th or so and the place wasn't yet swarming with searchers.

Or he happened to be a little away from his belongings and then ran into a predator (animal).

Thoughts?

Quick question and I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but when did the reserve start "flooding"?

JMO: * example may be upsetting to read.

I anticipate lots of new theories and posts with the recent news, and I think everyone should take time to get acquainted with the term concern trolling, as defined by Dictionary.com.

" Concern trolling involves someone opposing an idea or viewpoint, yet acting like they’re an advocate for the cause. A concern troll offers undermining criticisms under the guise of concern. Their goal is to sabotage the cause being discussed, and to inspire doubt among group members. This occurs in groups rallied around a particular issue, especially in political parties, and the goal of concern trolling is to cause dissent within a community."

This is concern trolling and it is not limited to online forums either. Sadly, I am sure we will see a lot of these comments now that BL "can't speak for himself". MOO, such a tragic situation all around.

But finding points of agreement and disagreement and then discussing them is how people come to consensus.
We aren't groups of opposing people trying to infiltrate each other's groups. Discussion is the very thing that this group should be about.
IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member