Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in a few fast moving threads at WS and wanted to say something to the Mods, especially @Tiff23fr , since it seems like she's been knee deep in the middle of Gabby's fast moving thread.

Thank you for all your hard work doing your darndest to stay current, and keep the threads cleaned up, on track, and moving. It's overwhelming for me to just try to keep up reading the thread. I can't even imagine trying to read AND Mod these fast moving threads. So to you, a big THANK YOU for your hard work. It's noticed, and appreciated. :)

Since I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment....
30955-Copy-1024x320.jpg

Well, BL would still be dead, he cannot feel his accountability nor give a deposition. If it would make Gabby's family feel better to have a judgment against him, they can go ahead and do that - but I don't see how they can involve the Laundries in it or make them feel accountable.
I think the idea being suggested is to have BL's parents deposed, to find out what they knew and when, and what actions they may have taken to shield their son (ultimately leading to him being unavailable for trial due to his death). We're all just spitballing on these things, very few of us are lawyers of course. (Not a lawyer myself, MOO.)

You can buy AT&T prepaid phones and minute cards from Target, Walmart, etc. You pay, you activate, it is never attached to your identity in any way. That's a "burner" phone. AT&T prepaid operations are no different from any other service's prepaid operations. You don't need ID, or a bank account, or a credit card, or anything that proves who you are, where you live, etc.

Each device has a unique ID number, though, and that is traced to where it was sold and right to the very cash register where it was paid for. Many stores keep their security footage indefinitely. Others only keep the footage a couple of months. That's why some people buy them and then store them for a year before using (or longer).

what estate? they didn't even have enough money to get a hotel room, and he allegedly used her credit cards to get from Wyoming to Florida?

It may be less about getting something from his estate monetarily, and more about trying to get answers in the form of discovery. Though, unless their attorney is working pro bono, it could cost them a lot of money to do this.

I was thanking you for posting that information and got caught in the door of the other thread closing: Thank you. Now I don't feel stupid for having posted that. I corrected my original post. I strongly feel that his parents were actively covering up his involvement in Gabby's death.
I am hoping they will at least consider changing lawyers now.

I think we'll get more from Florida than we got from Wyoming. The Teton County coroner, Brent Blue, said that it was because of Wyoming state law that he could only give out the cause and manner of death for Gabby. Also, from personal experience I know that Wyoming is strangely private about this sort of vital information stuff (I can find my aunts and uncles birth records online from Montana, even though they straight up use racial slurs, but can't find the same records for my mom who was born in Wyoming). Florida has sunshine laws, that's why we see a lot of "Florida man..." in the headlines, so I bet we'll get more information regarding Brian. JMO of course. Although, I do agree that we aren't owed it by any means.

I have to chime in on this gator theory since I have lived in Florida for over 20 years. Gator attacks are extremely rare contrary to what non-Floridians may think. We camp in these swamps. The town that I live in has canals, swamps and preserves, all inhabited with gators. In 20 years only once did someone have an unpleasant encounter with a gator that I can recall and that was during mating season. I don’t doubt a gator could have taken an opportunity for a meal once he was dead but the chances of him being killed by an alligator are about as good as being struck by lightening in Florida—the lightening capital of the country, which is still extremely rare.
Thanks for that information. In Australia, our crocodiles take every opportunity to grab a person or dog etc.
So when the waters receed, where do they go?

End of story.

I have a very different perspective…
The story will never end for the family or friends that have been impacted by this tragedy no matter where they sit.
Social media will move on, journalism will move on, the WS thread will dwindle over time, but the story never ends.
The ripples are yet to come.
JMO

SB is on NewsNation (The Donlan Report) now saying that now is not the time to talk about ethical questions o_O
Lol, I would guess that SB's ideal time to talk about ethical questions is "never."

That said: [And mods, don't know if this falls outside allowed discussion, so I'm separating it for an easy snip if so. I can provide the citation for the writing by SB if preferred/appropriate but didn't want to if it would be disruptive.]. SB himself has specifically written and published his views on certain aspects of legal ethics - specifically with respect to his own practice/obligations, and he unapologetically has taken an individualistic perspective on them, describing specific instances in which he disagreed and/or declined to follow them. None of which that I have seen, I should be clear, were about issues exactly like the potential ones raised in discussions of his performance in this case. But he himself describes his general orientation to them as being comfortable challenging having to comply with them.

SB is on NewsNation (The Donlan Report) now saying that now is not the time to talk about ethical questions o_O
Thanks for this info., @dacjess !

Sorry but I disagree with the Donlan Report .
Well... Gabby's family was rudely ignored by the Laundrie's when they tried to get answers as to where their daughter was !
They must have been sick with worry. :mad:

I'd think it's a good time for ethical questions, and the longer the Petito/Schmidt's wait ... the less they're going to be able to know about Gabby's final days and why this happened.
IF his notebook is returned to the Laundrie's does any really think they'll let the Petito's know what Brian wrote ?
I don't think so.
And, for the record, I also disagree with SB.
It's disgraceful if he thinks the answers for Gabby's family should be swept under the rug and ignored.
Imo.

And especially if you're buying the phone to give to someone else, store security cameras etc. wouldn't even be particularly relevant, IMO.

True - but each time it was used, it would still ping off tower where it was used. It would still give a pattern of whereabouts of someone (so criminals learn to destroy them/toss them). People do buy phones like this and then resell them at swap meets or similar...very hard to trace.

Go to the newsnation website, the show may be available there. The Donlon Report.
I did, their "how do I watch" info specifically says you have to have a TV service (and sign into it) in order to watch their stuff. Sadface!
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A TV SERVICE PROVIDER
Access to this service is only available to customers of participating TV service providers.
How To Watch NewsNation FAQ

So I have thoughts on today’s news but I’m going to keep them to myself. Let’s remind ourselves that this is gabbys thread and she was murdered aged 22 by strangulation. This is who I feel for, a young woman who suffered in her last few moments tremendously. RIP gabby, I hope the FBI works on getting you some justice. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled