Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was going to run why not run in Wyoming? I would guess because he was freaked the f out. I think that's what that whole camping on his own / hitchhiking thing was. He didn't have a plan because I don't think killing her was part of a plan. He was raging and out of control. I also think there was a huge level of denial going on. As soon as it became real & she's legally reported missing, he can't deal. I think he was likely only in the park for less than >24 hours before he killed himself.

We don't have that evidence, LE might. We don't know the extent of the Laundrie's cooperation, they may well have obstructed justice to try and protect their son.

Agreed... however, you claimed the case isnt over, in part, because the Laundries "have alot to answer for." As far as we are aware, they have nothing to answer for, legally, at present, however.

...They should have spoken to them right away and maybe they could have saved their son.
As has been pointed out here umpteen times they had a right to stay silent. But Oh, the price they paid, when they thought they were only thumbing their noses at Gabby's family, they were making decisions which cost their son's own life. IMO

She handled that exceedingly well. He was pretty unprofessional & should not have conducted interviews in that state. I feel again he did his clients no favours. Jmo

Thanks for sharing!
IMO He's asking everyone to give to the L's what his clients denied Gabby's family. He's angry that they are still being asked questions as to what happened from mid August until yesterday. Sorry, not sorry and Karma is all I can say about that.
I do have some questions. If the L's went out to the Preserve the day after Brian didn't come home, did they check that same exact spot and not find him there? If they did find him there alive, what transpired? If they found him deceased, what transpired. I assumed the L's found B and his stuff so easily because it may have been B's favorite spot at the Preserve. It did seem to be off the main trail. I can't even begin about no LE being less then 10 steps away from them as soon as their feet hit the ground in the Preserve. Also, when exactly did the that area of the Preserve flood? I would think that could assist in dod as in he could not have gone to that spot after it flooded, only before.

I had to stop at the first sentence and listen three times:

SB: "Chris and Roberta knew their son was grieving."

I guess I need to go look at the timeline again, but if I'm not mistaken, GP's body had NOT been found at the time BL went missing into the preserve.
What a catch! Could this be used against them in some way? Or is it just hearsay. Would love to know legally what this could mean since he is their spokesperson. MOO

IMO, he returned to Florida before probably killing himself because he either a) knew he was going to kill himself and wanted to spend his last few weeks with his parents before he died, or b) did not plan on killing himself at that time and wanted to have his parents' support (getting him the burner phone, food, covering for him, etc.), and either decided to commit suicide later, or died of an accident or exposure. I don't think he killed Gabby with the intent of the case being a murder-suicide. I think he just wanted it to be a plain murder and then go back to Florida to either run or kill himself.

Knowing that it was a skull found helps us figure out the timeline a little bit, he had probably died towards the very beginning of the manhunt for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he either got wind or somehow witnessed searchers looking for him at the Carlton Reserve, panicked, and killed himself. JMO.

Brian was 'VERY upset' when parents last saw him flee home, lawyer says

Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino recalled how Brian was so distraught on September 13, and despite his father’s pleas to stay under their North Port, Florida roof - the 23-year-old ex-fiance left for the last time.

"I can tell you Brian was very upset when he left," the attorney explained in an interview with NBC News.

"Chris conveyed to me several times he wished he wouldn't have let him go, but he couldn't stop him."

Ever since, the attorney suggested Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been agonizing since that fateful day.

"Brian is a grown man, a young man; 22-years-old," he added.

"He wanted to walk out the door.

“He's entitled to walk out that door.” (Brian is actually 23-years-old.)

What if she broke up with him and told him she was going on with friends. Then everything fits.

Indeed. It's the only reason I can imagine that he would kill her. Their row probably escalated during the trip, especially after the police intervention which added gravity to the situation and probably gave them a feeling that the problem was terminal. The situation required only calm, but I guess Gabby was getting more and more emotional. At the camp she may have told him they were finished and basically kicked him out, telling him that it's her van. He would have gone off in a huff, and then in a fugue, and then in a rage, hitchhiking for a while until his indignation mounted. Then made his way back, got into another fracas, and killed her, either in a momentary rage or quite deliberately.

He would have resolved to take his own life immediately, but went back home to see his family for the last time and settle his affairs, without telling them what happened except to say that she had ruined everything. Then he went into the reserve - presumably his personal quiet place - and killed himself, I would guess by overdose.

Edit: I suppose I am required to say "IMO" or suchlike though that should go without saying (IMO).

I don't mean to single you out but are we seeing a generation gap? Because to me, a notebook 100% means a spiral bound book of paper you write on with a pen lol.
You and me both. lol A notebook is both a paper journal AND a laptop computer. I said it upthread that I wished they had used the word journal if it was a paper notebook, and computer if it was a laptop.

With that said I saw a pic of his paper journal. This, or one like it, is probably what they meant when they said they found his notebook.
c8353122b42d64494a518c44507a6deb4278d038-16x9-x0y26w1600h900.jpg

Source: Lawyer responds to claim Brian Laundrie discovery was PLANTED - as tiny detail could solve case once and for all

It looks like he committed suicide while in the water so there would be no body or belongings. The water was up to a tall man's chest the police officer said in that last police press release. Or perhaps they walked by him or the alligators had already dragged him into the water. MOO

He could have been in there a short amount of time. The Florida heat and the water could have sped up decomposition.
He could have traveled anywhere and eventually made his way to the preserve. Determining his time of death is paramount IMO. If he died shortly after he was reported missing, he most likely was there the entire time. If he died more recently, it will be difficult to determine his location (s) prior to arriving at the preserve. IMO.

What a catch! Could this be used against them in some way? Or is it just hearsay. Would love to know legally what this could mean since he is their spokesperson. MOO

MOO(!!!):

I wish the reporter would have stopped him and said "Mr. Bertolino, grieving about what?" I think that would have been a fair followup question, given the circumstances. Again, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01