Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wish the people harassing the Ls would go home. IMO it’s a time to show compassion and if that is not possible then it’s time for silence. If they are guilty of helping BL run and hide (up the road), LE will deal with them. I just don’t believe they did anything outside of being insensitive (or appearing insensitive). I do wish they had communicated what they knew to GPs family or LE, but they exercised their rights. Do we really know that they did not allow LE access to BL or was BL off the chain (refusing to cooperate or even threatening when LE came to the house)? IMO. We just don’t know. We do know they hired an attorney who told them to not say anything. For all we know, they’ve been grieving Gabby behind closed doors. They’ve now lost their son. This is within a short time span and most likely extremely unexpected and difficult to process. I’m not supporting their insensitivity toward Gabby’s family and I do believe they knew (or suspected) enough that they could have told Gabby’s parents something useful. I just feel they’ve been through enough. Throwing laundry baskets into their yard, chanting, signs that say “chomp, chomp, chomp,” and rolling coal toward their house is not doing a thing for Gabby’s memory or in the name of justice. Just go home. You’ve made your point. All IMO.

No one would pay to see a movie where the parents saunter into the reserve (after having waited for public access!!) who casually find their missing son's belongings, then disturb evidence by putting the journal into the white bag, then waiting 20-30 minutes to hand it over to LE. (Per reporter's tweets yesterday, posted here, who was close to the couple the whole time.)

I do believe we haven't been provided with the whole story about a possible deal being cut near the end. If only they had done that on Sept 11, and not followed their lawyer's wishes. They would still have their son, albeit in serious trouble, but at least breathing.

IMO
I don't believe the reporter said it was a journal in the white bag or that the Ls put it in there! In fact I saw a tweet this morning saying that all RL took to the reserve in her backpack looked like water bottles!

ETA link https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1451359172281393163

Last edited:
Ultimately l see Brian’s bones as his confession - in any manner that he died. That’s moo of course.

And l don’t care frankly about that part of the story anymore. It’s anticlimactic and unfortunate perhaps even a senseless ending as it turns out Brian is not some survivable expert or criminal mastermind - moo.

I do still care about his parents coming clean and understanding that part of this puzzle.

I am very concerned however with SB’s spin publicly last night.

In SB’s interview with reporter Kristen Thorne’s he has begun to paint Brian as a distraught and grieving person who ultimately walked into the Reserve never to return, (while his parents stood by helpless).

Of course we don’t know what Brian was grieving about to his parents…SB declined to comment on that. (I have a
a good guess though)- moo

But there is a danger in SB’ spin.

I think this article explains to better than l ever could:

“ I worry that his death will somehow soften the impact of Petito’s. I worry that it could engender sympathy for him, or prompt a Romeo and Juliet framing of, “what a tragedy for everyone”

It’s a great read:

Brian Laundrie’s death isn’t what we should care about in the Gabby Petito case

BBM

Yes, the case is being viewed this way by some. I've seen it here. IMO

I agree with you.

just what if another family needed the electricity to run medical equipment….then what? Like I said I hope they found another way in to fix the problem.

What if they would have been out of town? What if they were at work? This happens every day

If your life depends on medical equipment, one would assume you have a backup source

Do we know what type of utility contractors they even were? I couldn't hear. Could simply be cable or fiber optic

Again, this is just me. I wouldn't have even known who was at the door because I wouldn't have answered it. (LE, utility workers or girl scouts) It would have been the furthest thing from my mind and not all the "what ifs"

and sent a couple of strange messages from her phone, and took her credit cards?

That part doesn't add up for me either. If he abandons her there wounded with no transportation or money?
Yup, he didn't own the car. They could have started a mental health process.

Much more to the story of what happened/transpired sith BL leaving for a hike.
Moo...

An afternoon hike is much different than left emotionally distraught. Maybe he often acted this way and didn't think it was different behavior?
Chasing him down with a car might have turned out bad, but a quick call to alert authorities he was acting distraught might have helped?

Do you have no room to believe the Laundries are innocent of what they're being accused of? If it could be proved that they are, would you still be unable to justify his anger and frustration?
It is SB’s inability to read the room, his continued statements emphasizing his clients have only cooperated in the search for BL but not for Gabby, his inability to see that it his own statements that are fueling the fire and portraying his clients as heartless in regards to Gabby. He is the one continuing to pour gas on the fire yet gets mad at the fire. That is why his anger seems misplaced. MOO

What if they would have been out of town? What if they were at work? This happens every day

If your life depends on medical equipment, one would assume you have a backup source

Do we know what type of utility contractors they even were? I couldn't hear. Could simply be cable or fiber optic

Again, this is just me. I wouldn't have even known who was at the door because I wouldn't have answered it. (LE, utility workers or girl scouts) It would have been the furthest thing from my mind and not all the "what ifs"

Workers have never asked me for permission they just enter the property. It was a courtesy to ask them but don't think they need their permission.

GS: Did Brian tell the Laundries about anything about what happened to Gabby before he disappeared?
SB: George, that's not something I can comment on right now and I'd like to just leave it at that.
GS: Well if you can't comment on it, that means you know something about it.

BINGO! SB should have just said no to an and all interviews.

Once this case blew up with National and International attention, he should have referred his client to a highly experienced criminal lawyer in Florida with good PR skills to get out there on the front lawn, conduct press briefings, and control the situation. IMOO

I don't believe the reporter said it was a journal in the white bag or that the Ls put it in there! In fact I saw a tweet this morning saying that all RL took to the reserve in her backpack were water bottles!

I'll post the link when I find it

This article from the reporter who followed and filmed them said:

The parents arrived at the park shortly before 7:30 a.m. Roberta put on a red backpack stuffed full of water bottles, which were visible through the fabric. Chris got out of his red Ram truck empty-handed.

Brian Laundrie search: Family lawyer addresses rumors parents planted evidence in Florida swamp

It is SB’s inability to read the room, his continued statements emphasizing his clients have only cooperated in the search for BL but not for Gabby, his inability to see that it his own statements that are furling the fire and portraying his clients as heartless in regards to Gabby. He is the one continuing to pour gas on the fire yet gets mad at the fire. That is why his anger seems misplaced. MOO

He's not a likable people person. PR is NOT his forte. I suggest he quit trying to fix his image and the laundries.

I do wish the people harassing the Ls would go home. IMO it’s a time to show compassion and if that is not possible then it’s time for silence. If they are guilty of helping BL run and hide (up the road), LE will deal with them. I just don’t believe they did anything outside of being insensitive (or appearing insensitive). I do wish they had communicated what they knew to GPs family or LE, but they exercised their rights. Do we really know that they did not allow LE access to BL or was BL off the chain (refusing to cooperate or even threatening when LE came to the house)? IMO. We just don’t know. We do know they hired an attorney who told them to not say anything. For all we know, they’ve been grieving Gabby behind closed doors. They’ve now lost their son. This is within a short time span and most likely extremely unexpected and difficult to process. I’m not supporting their insensitivity toward Gabby’s family and I do believe they knew (or suspected) enough that they could have told Gabby’s parents something useful. I just feel they’ve been through enough. Throwing laundry baskets into their yard, chanting, signs that say “chomp, chomp, chomp,” and rolling coal toward their house is not doing a thing for Gabby’s memory or in the name of justice. Just go home. You’ve made your point. All IMO.
I haven't posted much on the protestors, because as the Laundries had the legal right to withhold vital information from Gabby's family, the protestors have equal rights to speak out. But I really have to point out that the minute the media microphones aren't there, most if not all protestors will leave. So why blame just the protestors?

But I saw what the Laundries did to Gabby's family, which includes her young siblings. So I really couldn't care any less if some of those protestors dig in even after the media leaves. IMO

This is where the media just needs to chill out. It is not newsworthy to report this, and it only serves to stir the pot of resentment against the Ls. But it will serve no end, and will not do anything to serve justice. It is just stirring the pot. IMO

Workers have never asked me for permission they just enter the property. It was a courtesy to ask them but don't think they need their permission.

They usually just inform the homeowner that they will be in the yard in case there are pets in the house that might be let outside, etc. If the utility company's equipment is on the house/in the yard, they can access it. IMO.

Exactly. If that was the situation and their son's girlfriend did not show up with him and that young woman had lived under their roof for two years, most people would attempt to call her to make sure she's ok. If they could not reach her, most people would then call her family to let them know what's going on. Not only did they not do either of those things, they didn't pick up the phone when her family called them. That is inexcusable. IMO.
Ita.
This almost indicates the Laundrie's knew something was very wrong almost as soon as Brian returned home, or even before ?
I want to know what was in his phone calls/texts to them immediately after Gabby was murdered.
Edit : We will probably never know.

But I believe the Petito's and the Schmidt's deserve to hear exactly what was said or they need to be shown the texts !!!
The Laundrie lawyer will fight this; as if the full truth is known, it could potentially put his clients behind bars or open them up to a costly lawsuit.

Imo.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1451404107827367937?t=fEkJMgTsnKbq-0FdDw4b9w&s=19

How did he know two lives were lost on 9/14?

Edit: 5:20ish mark I believe.

This is how I understood what he said.

[Bertolino, speaking about what he said in the past] On September 14th, when I first went on video, I said there are two families here that have suffered a great tragedy. [Then, he speaks about the present situation] There are two young people that have now lost their lives.

You could still question what he meant by a great tragedy, when as far as everyone knew, Gabby was missing. Did he allude to her being missing, or did he allude that Gabby was deceased? As BL's attorney, he could certainly have known that she was deceased before her remains were found, if BL knew.

ETA: I wonder if he is remembering what he said on Sept 14th incorrectly as it would have been premature as a lawyer to say on that date that it was a great tragedy.

Last edited:

I agree, completely.

It may never happen, but I would like for the parents to address their reasoning/decision for going to the reserve to bring home the Mustang. At that point, you KNEW your son's intentions. You likely knew them when he left. I would have been beside myself for LE to find him regardless if he was guilty or not! But to just go and seemingly, non-chalantly retrieve his vehicle is bizarre to me. I would be heartbroken for my son to be involved with something like what was going on, but I'm going to support him in facing the music - even if the easier way out might seem to him to be to take his life. I could never support that.

If SB is telling the truth that he notified FBI when BL did not return from his Monday day hike (on Tuesday the 14th?) why on earth would the FBI not notify NPPD? Does this mean that no one had eyes on BL knowing that he had likely taken off with no intention of returning? The Mustang was cited in the afternoon of Tuesday the 14th as abandoned. A plate check would have told LE to whom the car was registered. But NPPD apparently had no idea that BL was missing, so attached no significance to the abandoned vehicle at the park. The only people looking for BL on the 13th and 14th were his parents, supposedly. They claim that they found the car on Tuesday (with the ticket) but left it overnight so BL could drive it home. Then picked it up Wednesday morning. But the car had been there since early Monday, was there overnight, ticketed on Tuesday and retrieved on Wednesday. It was left there for TWO nights. If they had looked for BL Monday before sundown they would have seen the Mustang at the park and if they had gone into the park where they believed he would have started his hike, they would have found BL, maybe alive, but probably dead in the same place his items and remains were found 5 weeks later. If the area was navigable on the 13th for Brian, it was navigable for the parents on the 14th, as well. Then, some time later, it was flooded. So, did they really look for him in there? Why didn't FBI notify NPPD that he was in there? Something isn't right, here. jmo

This almost indicates the Laundrie's knew something was very wrong almost as soon as Brian returned home, or even before ?
I want to know what was in his phone calls/texts to them immediately after Gabby was murdered.

Edit : We will probably never know.

But I believe the Petito's and the Schmidt's deserve to hear exactly what was said or they need to be shown the texts !!!
The Laundrie lawyer will fight this; as if the full truth is known, it could potentially put his clients behind bars or open them up to a costly lawsuit.

Imo.

I agree. It would not be incriminating to state the facts to her family and tell them that they (the L's) aren't sure of exactly what happened but GP did not return home and she is without transportation. Simple. To say they needed to stay quiet per their attorney is ridiculous. IMO.

I think that SB and many others (including some posters here) here are churning up the media frenzy. I think SB and his clients are going to sell their story to the highest bidder and that keeping the protests going (by calling attention to them constantly) and keeping the public angry (by changing facts constantly) are all in hopes of upping the bidding war of publishers and TV shows that is to come. sickening.
I respectfully disagree. I think the Laundries will remain as silent as they have been. I think once the fervor has worn down, they will speak privately to GP's family and tell them whatever they may know. They have never shown that they are seeking publicity, quite the opposite. I could be 100% wrong, but nothing I've seen so far makes me think I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member