Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. There;'s a tremendous pressure to be perfect online 24/7, just ask a teen how it makes them feel. Many feel depressed and suicidal. It's terrible. There's little to no room for anything but perfection. Most have the perfect smiles, looks, the right clothes, etc...everything is under scrutiny. If you're on sm you're instantly thrown into the public's eye whether you want the attention or not. It should be fun to post on sm but ends up horribly stressful to always strive for perfction.
And the strive for perfection is even more so when someone is marketing their life online.

That seems strange to me unless there there is an obvious cause of death (gunshot wound). Otherwise, I'd imagine they'd have a forensic anthropologist take over

You're right
I had to open the link to check the details
So , it was a comment given to SB by LE. SB made the comment on ABC yesterday.
The Mail has presented it as likely today but as Gardenista has just posted, things have changed.

No problem. :)Thanks.

Obviously I should have been more clear in my response.
When I read MistyWaters comment, I took it as a generalization as to why so many women feel the need to project being perfect. My opinion was generalized too.
I think it’s unfortunate that many young women today are influenced and sometimes negatively affected by all of the imagery they see on social media. I think some feel inadequate and think they need to “keep up with the Joneses” by constantly posting updates and photos for the “likes” as that makes them feel validated. I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. Thank you.

Agreed. There;'s a tremendous pressure to be perfect online 24/7, just ask a teen how it makes them feel. Many feel depressed and suicidal. It's terrible. There's little to no room for anything but perfection. Most have the perfect smiles, looks, the right clothes, etc...everything is under scrutiny. If you're on sm you're instantly thrown into the public's eye whether you want the attention or not. It should be fun to post on sm but ends up horribly stressful to always strive for perfction.

I'm so stuck on SB's comment that Brian was "grieving." I assume he's trying to cultivate sympathy with it, but for BL to be grieving, he'd have to be aware she's dead...which no one but the killer knew at that time. I don't know if SB thought this was strategic, or if this was just a pure mistake he made, to share this detail? JMO

EXACTLY the way I see it. He was "grieving" after he knew that his life from there on out was not worth living. Not remorseful, just didn't want to live a life in prison. If he had any remorse, he wouldn't have tried to hide his whereabouts so his family would continue to search for him, maybe forever. Should have shot himself in the back yard and be done with it. They would grieve his loss, but be relieved that they knew what happened. It was a cruel thing to do to them, to drag it out like he did. jmo

All in my opinion below.

I personally believe he was full of remorse. He took the life of the woman he loved. And people in heightened states don't act rationally or logically. His choice to end his life away from his family makes perfect sense to me (I believe he took his own life).

Grief, guilt, and panic are a powerful combination. I suspect all three were at play the day he fled his parents home. I believe that was the last day he was alive.

Again, MOO.

Another thing I have noticed...and this is totally anecdotal...the people who are suffering the most behind closed doors often work the hardest to present perfection in front of them.

You are so wrong.
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2002/rpt/2002-R-0891.htm
Many of these laws are in response to domestic violence and hopefully more like this one will be passed:
It's Now a Crime for Someone to Prevent You From Calling 911 - BossierNow
"The law, Louisiana Revised Statute 14:338, provides that the crime is committed when a person disconnects, damages, disables, removes, or uses physical force or intimidation to block access to any telephone or telecommunications device with the specific intent to interfere or prevent an individual from doing any of the following:

1. Calling 911.
  2. Obtaining medical assistance.
  3. Making a report to any law enforcement officer."

Please do not misstate your source. From the title through the body of the blurb (I'm looking at the.gov reference), the reference is to 911/emergency calls. (Only NV is identified with a broader scope to "any" call.). Also noted that this blurb refers to calls, not texts, but as the source is 17 years old, I'll assume without checking that emergency communications, incl texts, of any kind, are covered in most if not all if those places.

I don't in any way defend or support taking, hiding, "playing keep-way" or otherwise preventing the owner of an object from free and full access to it, *especially* if there are malignant aspects of control and dysfunction present. Absolutely. And I acknowledge that the laws in existence are in large part tailor-made at least in part for DV situations. But a blanket statement that preventing someone from texting is a crime is an overstatement.

(That's actually a nitpicky way of saying yes, you're mostly right and I'm mostly wrong. :). And I'm happy to be!)

Bertolino seems so kurt in his responses to interviewers. If he finds this so belaboring, he should just stop doing interviews imo.

I would think if BL had used a gun “if” he tried to commit suicide, it would have been found close to his remains. His backpack was recovered close to his remains, so it doesn’t seem like his remains were moved by animals.

Mod Note:

Anther round of thread cleanup is required. The conversation appears to be back and forth bickering.

Take a break. If there is any "Breaking News" report this post to get a Mod or Admin's attention.

Thanks Much

The thread is closed. Check back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members