Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget, it was the weekend. The L's may not have had immediate access to their attorney. Lawyers are not (generally) a 24/7 service.
Clearly not a Monday-Friday lawyer either! Surely HE knew that a missing persons report would need to be made to NPPD immediately rather than contacting the FBI and waiting days before telling the parents to file the report. I still do not understand it.
SB could have called NPPD immediately and Brian could have possibly been prevented from taking his life.

Agree that I don’t think they will ever go public. I don’t think they will ever speak with Gabby's family, hope I am wrong though.
They can't speak with Gabby's parents now, IMO, everything the L's did compounded the things they did a few days earlier, on and on. Just leave Gabby and her parents and siblings alone, and, instead, do some inner contemplation on why your own son is dead, why you didn't turn him in, why you let him take your car, why you didn't immediately grab LE (ie on the 14th) and say....we saw him right HERE. Why you didn't publicly correct the inconsistencies in your lawyer's tweets. IMO Anyway, no way will they ever contact the Petitos/S's, because it would have to include a huge"We're Sorry". I would guess if they did bother Gabby's family it would be to claim some sort of equal time: "we're both grieving, we both lost our children". Best to leave that one alone.......

IMO

I am just the opposite, I dont believe the Laundries should speak to Gabbies family, they are never gonna speak ill of Brian, they still may hold back on anything that makes him look guilty and I doubt Brian told them anything useful to tell them anyways I hope and pray that the cell phone info and the notebok they found yesterday might just give them most of the answers they seek. hopefully that notebook will be in good enough shape to read what he had to say if indeed he did write anything down about what happened!

I think this article explains to better than l ever could:

“ I worry that his death will somehow soften the impact of Petito’s. I worry that it could engender sympathy for him, or prompt a Romeo and Juliet framing of, “what a tragedy for everyone”

It’s a great read:

Brian Laundrie’s death isn’t what we should care about in the Gabby Petito case

If BL killed GP, shocked and immediately realized what he had done, and then laid beside her and killed himself… THAT would have read more like a Shakespeare tragedy.

Not only is it the DV and murder of GP, it is the silence and the implication cruel deceit, that is fueling public opinion and backlash. IMOO

What was the good legal advice?

"Don't talk to LE,"ever,"" which was his description of his advice in the NBC interview yesterday, is NOT "good legal advice." It is a starting point, one that assumes there will be an attorney present in the overall sense who will run interference (to put it minimally and crudely), but one who will use appropriate tact and skill, as the situation unfolds, to assess the appropriate approach at any given point in time.

For a few reasons, I'm comfortable reading SB'S words and between his lines a bit. But the bottom line is that he has expressed an approach to the situation that while perhaps adequate in certain cases/milieus, here likely caused, at minimum, some sore toes and irritations that more likely harmed than helped the legal outlook for his clients, to say nothing of the life/death outcome.

As he himself said, anyone who's been to law school would advise their client not to talk to LE. However, after Day 1 of law school, it turns out there is often more to it than that.

Even putting aside the media relations (wholly secondary, imo), any attorney involved as an attorney in any complex legal situation - criminal, corporate, whatever - has to be able to see the situation - including their/clients' own relative power-level, including facts, strength, and skill - clearly. That does not mean applying a single rigid template and trying to shove the situation into it.
Thanks for your reply. My understanding is (from this mornings GMA interview) that the L's have not been completely silent in the investigation. I think it is good advice not to talk until you have the lay of the land (so to speak). It may be, that the L's don't really know anything of worth, but that may not do them any favours either.

The fact is, we cannot undo what has been done and we cannot unsay what has been said.

We can agree to disagree, whilst SB's response is far from perfect - I am worried that if nothing was said at all, that would have aggravated the protestors further, and that is another consideration that he had to factor in. No one is perfect.

Last edited:
Do you think BL would have committed suicide without knowing that GP was found? Or would he wait it out and then maybe was told she was found and so ended it?

Possibly hoping they would never find her body, hoping it would be too decomposed if/when found to detemine COD. It was only found as soon as it was because of the Bethume dash cam video. If not for that video, she may have never been located till possibly spring after the winter thaw. MOO
They were already looking at spread creek before the Bethune video dropped. It certainly helped, but they had received a tip before bethunes, I believe, from Airstream lady, Schultz? jmo

Possibly hoping they would never find her body, hoping it would be too decomposed if/when found to detemine COD. It was only found as soon as it was because of the Bethume dash cam video. If not for that video, she may have never been located till possibly spring after the winter thaw. MOO
The body was in a camp ground he visited. She posted they were their online. It was the last placed she posted. The body was found about with in 300 yards of his last know position?

And, remember, he could have dumped the body anywhere between wyoming and florida.

That leads me to believe that Brian had confessed that he had killed Gabby. MOO

I think if he knew he would have.had him surrender to LE!
So.would the parents!!!
I think the parents.didn't realize something was terribly wrong
Till.her.parents started calling ! And thent the.cops!
But its just an opinion!

bbm
Ita.
Yes, they should have done this as soon as Brian returned home.
But it's not too late and even though it won't change anything, it would be the courteous action to take.
What decent and caring people do.

The Laundrie's need to share any and all phone call transcripts and texts from Brian after Gabby's death and even before -- with Gabby's family.
They also need to give Brian's notebook to the Petito's/Schmidt's so they know what Gabby's last days were like.
And if he confessed, Gabby's loved ones deserve to know the truth.

It's time for the Laundrie's to do the right thing and help to heal the horrific loss Gabby's family has suffered !
Imo.
I agree 100%
Both sides must be ready though.
They do have one thing in common, those kids spent the last 2 years together. They all have stories that the other will need to hear. Small things make a difference.
I love hearing stories about the child I lost, It's been almost 7 years for me and the reminders of the small things are a complete blessing.

If SB is telling the truth that he notified FBI when BL did not return from his Monday day hike (on Tuesday the 14th?) why on earth would the FBI not notify NPPD? Does this mean that no one had eyes on BL knowing that he had likely taken off with no intention of returning? The Mustang was cited in the afternoon of Tuesday the 14th as abandoned. A plate check would have told LE to whom the car was registered. But NPPD apparently had no idea that BL was missing, so attached no significance to the abandoned vehicle at the park. The only people looking for BL on the 13th and 14th were his parents, supposedly. They claim that they found the car on Tuesday (with the ticket) but left it overnight so BL could drive it home. Then picked it up Wednesday morning. But the car had been there since early Monday, was there overnight, ticketed on Tuesday and retrieved on Wednesday. It was left there for TWO nights. If they had looked for BL Monday before sundown they would have seen the Mustang at the park and if they had gone into the park where they believed he would have started his hike, they would have found BL, maybe alive, but probably dead in the same place his items and remains were found 5 weeks later. If the area was navigable on the 13th for Brian, it was navigable for the parents on the 14th, as well. Then, some time later, it was flooded. So, did they really look for him in there? Why didn't FBI notify NPPD that he was in there? Something isn't right, here. jmo

The question I want to ask...

Why did SB contact the FBI on 9/13-14 to report BL missing? On the 14th GP had not been found and no charges had been filed on the bank account. Why didn't BLs parents report him missing? Even on the 17th when "conversations were had" prior to reporting BL missing to NPPD, SB insured/protected the Ls from questions regarding GP.

Even the protesters don't seem to phase these folks. Everyone begging for answers of what happen to GP and they remain silent. Says alot to me...
Moo...

Last edited:
Animals don't typically eat skulls, although they might gnaw on them. Lower jaw might get carried away, but unlikely, not much on it. To eat/crush a skull requires an animal with quite a large jaw and teeth designed for the task (alligator teeth are designed to puncture, not gnaw). It's the other parts of the body that usually get eaten first and rodents carry away. smaller bones to gnaw, as rodents must gnaw on something to keep their own teeth the right length.

Panthers and mountain lions will gnaw on the spine and may get to the brain, but not usually by cracking or crushing the skull - even African lions have a tough time doing anything other than licking out the contents of the skull. Takes a long time for the larger bones to actually dissolve.

So I am confident that a bit more information will be gained from the bones than what we know now. If no gun was used, it may be hard to determine cause of death at this point, though. I don't even this ME or Coroner, that's for sure.

I think if he knew he would have.had him surrender to LE!
So.would the parents!!!
I think the parents.didn't realize something was terribly wrong
Till.her.parents started calling ! And thent the.cops!
But its just an opinion!
Possibly, I could understand the parents needing a few days to try to figure out how to navigate through this and in the meantime Brian disappears taking that opportunity to negotiate a surrender away from them. I do still believe though per the attorney statements that they knew. MOO

It was possibly the seeing of this video in the news which prompted his fleeing and/or suicide.

I haven't posted much on the protestors, because as the Laundries had the legal right to withhold vital information from Gabby's family, the protestors have equal rights to speak out. But I really have to point out that the minute the media microphones aren't there, most if not all protestors will leave. So why blame just the protestors?

But I saw what the Laundries did to Gabby's family, which includes her young siblings. So I really couldn't care any less if some of those protestors dig in even after the media leaves. IMO
bbm
Agreed.
Whether the peaceful protesters are there out of concern or just fleeting fame, the absence of cameras will end it immediately.
Not something I'd do (protest), but the Laundrie's could have prevented this by telling Gabby's family everything and helping to search for her from the beginning.

Re. the green bolded : Gabby has younger siblings. They must have been asking where she was, and if she was 'ok' ? :(
I'm sure they've missed her terribly and have spent days and nights crying.

And all that time the Laundrie's refused to even answer a simple call/text with just, 'Brian said he left Gabby in the GTNP after they broke their relationship off ... and she let him have the van and her cards ...'
No, I don't think that would have worked to say that.
But what else could the Laundrie's have come up with ?
They offered no explanation -- as there was none they could give !
It almost screams guilty knowledge.

Seriously, there was nothing to say that would suffice to explain why Brian stole the credit cards and the van, and I'm assuming Gabby's extra clothes and possessions.

Although he may have thrown all of Gabby's possessions away.
If not-- have those things been returned to Gabby's loved ones ?
I'm certain they'd love to have anything of hers as it's all they will have left.
MOO.

Not only is it the DV and murder of GP, it is the silence and the implication cruel deceit, that is fueling public opinion and backlash. IMOO

Imagine if BL lived to turn himself in for the Federal Bank Warrant… just walked into a police station, said nothing, got a good criminal defense lawyer, and waited to see what evidence was presented. It would be a whole different situation.

The body was in a camp ground he visited. She posted they were their online. It was the last placed she posted. The body was found about with in 300 yards of his last know position?

And, remember, he could have dumped the body anywhere between wyoming and florida.
This is incorrect. Their last known camping spot was not known to LE from any post she made, it came from tips from the public. She was not found from a place that she had posted from. There has been no communication/sighting from Gabby since Aug 27th. MOO

The question I want to ask...

Why did SB contact the FBI on 9/13-14 to report BL missing? On the 14th GP had not been found and no charges had been filed on the bank account. Why didn't BLs parents report him missing? Even on the 17th when "conversations were had" prior to reporting BL missing to NPPD, SB insured/protected the Ls from questions regarding GP.

Even the protesters don't seem to phase these folks. Everyone begging for answers of what hapoen to GP and they remain silent. Says alot to me...
Moo...
Last night the lawyer stated that the Laundries knew BL "was grieving" when he left the house that last time. Oops.

IMO

Last edited:

When did she post about being in Wyoming??? her insta last post was from the monarch wall in Ogden, Utah...5 whole hours driving time away from where she was found...this "last known position" sounds like speculation imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member