Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forensic anthropologists are tasked with examining human skeletal remains in a medico-legal context. … They also regularly assist in evaluating trauma, to include blunt and sharp force trauma, or gunshot wounds. Forensic anthropologists can also assist in evaluating the level of decomposition of a set of remains that can help determine the time since death. All of this work is critical in making a positive identification and in determining the cause and manner of death of the decedent.

What do forensic anthropologists do? | University of Nevada, Reno

It should be in the page right before this one, or a few pages ago in this thread. Very recent. Someone posted the link to his clarifying his "terms". However he initially said that came from the Laundries. The Laundries said the that Brian was grieving. IMO
bbm
Thanks for clarifying this and yes it's been alluded to, in msm .
Did the lawyer say something inadvertently, and it was an "oops" moment ?
It's sounding more and more from this open investigation that possibly more than one person knew Gabby was deceased even before her own family knew ?
That's outstandingly bad and shocking.
As in egregious.
Gabby deserved better than that. :(
Eta: I think we all have a good idea from whence the lawyer SB is gathering his intel. :rolleyes:
Imo.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight...my son returns from his adventure distraught, not himself, and his fiance is missing. The girl's parents have been calling and calling. Son continues being distraught and not himself. Sooooo, let's go camping! Smores and smiles later (distraught?) a lawyer is hired (Just another day, mother. Nothing going on. Let's hire a lawyer.). Still distraught? About what? Uh oh...missing person report. Ya think???? More distraught. Handlers (yes, I said handlers) allow a mentally irregular son with a missing girlfriend to toddle off for a walkie in gator haven. The girl turn up throttled on a dry creek bed. After an invading army of trained search and rescue groups comb gator haven and turn up nada. Mom and Pop venture in a day later and discover the Holy Grail. Its BL...well kinda. And no way to know what killed him.

Now its story time. SB is on every program except Sesame Street spinning yarns about who and when, if its not back-tracking or anger at being disbelieved.

Nobody got even a moment's mental health care for this kid (pardon me, I'm 70), not the parents, not the lawyer. Nobody.
MOOing as usual.

I also thought that JP and NS were calling and calling for days on end, from about Sept 1.
Now it appears they first called the Ls on Sept 10.
The L's didn't ignore them for more than 24 hours.
It's no excuse though.
I cannot understand that.
It's inexplicable.

jmho

Looking at Brian Entin's tweets and the other known cameras, none of them were on the L families property.

well that's weird if they were on the L's actual property because I recall NPPD explaining, weeks ago, that they couldn't add trackers to cars &such like ( a range of examples were given) because wtte they had no legal right as there was no case against BL at the time

Indeed - who was the guy who went camping with his family on Sept. 6th?

I'll tell you who he was: He was the guy who, based upon strong circumstantial evidence, strangled Gabby to death, left her in the wilderness, stole her van and bank card, and hi-tailed it back to the seemingly safe haven of his parents' house.

IMO, this dude wasn't in distress until he became aware that the jig was up and his days of freedom were numbered.

I think BL was surprised at the amount of media attention that Gabby's disappearance attracted. IMO, he may have expected to return home with few or no questions asked, hoping that whatever BS story he may have told his parents would have been enough to assuage further investigation.

Reality collided headlong with what I think he may have expected to happen upon his return to FL.

I have zero sympathy for anything that Brian Laundrie may have been experiencing after he (IMO, based upon strong circumstantial evidence) strangled beautiful Gabby to death. His so-called feelings were toxic as far as I'm concerned.

Gabby Petito is the victim in this case.

Gabby is certainly the victim in this and all evidence is pointing to BL as the guy. However, IMO, his actions after the fact seem more like someone in denial rather than someone actually trying to get away with murder. JMO.

Seriously, what number are we on as far as misspoken comments, dates, etc from him??

I don’t like that he is so upset about the general speculation surrounding his clients when they wouldn’t budge on any communication as to Gabbys whereabouts.

I don’t like that he is talking. Talking everywhere, on every show, network, interviewer that will have him! TMZ! He is churning this story so hard that soon it is going to turn to butter. As I said previously, I expect he is attempting to crank it up so as to get the highest dollar for the story rights. Being a lawyer doesn’t seem to come naturally to him, but maybe being a writer does. IMHO.

ce4au said: ↑
On Nancy Grace’s show today, Joe Scott Morgan said something super interesting to me. Warning. It’s a bit graphic. But idk any other way to say what he was saying. LE said they found a partial human skull. He said that the word that stands out to him the most is the word “partial.” That the human skull is robust & very very strong. Making him question how did the skull of all things end up in a “partial” state. Even considering outside elements (weather, scavengers, etc.), the skull being “partial” was very significant to him just considering how robust & strong the human skull is. Then to take into account they had enough there to get a match on the dental records was also a significant piece of info to him considering something had to have happened to leave a strong bone like the skull in a “partial” state. Idk…when he said that I was like…hmmm. It really got me thinking.. & I had not thought of it like that before. I thought it was super interesting so I thought I’d share. JMO.

Sorry, I got mixed up in linking this post.

A gator could break a scull

Last edited:
bbm
Did the lawyer say something inadvertently, and it was an "oops" moment ?
It's sounding more and more from this open investigation that possibly more than one person knew Gabby was deceased even before her own family knew ?
That's outstandingly bad and shocking.
As in egregious.
Gabby deserved better than that. :(
Imo.

"Grieving" is what they are saying now. They know Gabby is dead now. They did not necessarily use that word to describe how BL was acting when he returned on Sept 1. He was acting in some way. Unhappy, perhaps. Maybe they saw him as sullen or forlorn. But now (I'm guessing) they can make an assumption about what happened, and they *now* label it as grief.
I know SB backtracked on that term, but people jumped all over him for using it.

I thought SBs explanation of the discovery of Brian's remains to be common sense and very believable. I was impressed that he kept his temper as well as he did with the reporter asking such ridiculous questions.
I don't agree that SB's explanation made sense. It would be one thing if BL's parents "started at the trailhead" and then found his dry bag on the trail, but that's not what happened. We've all seen the footage. His father was walking around in a random patch of brush when he suddenly found the dry bag. Where he went was so very specific. A beeline. How did he know where to look?

Indeed - who was the guy who went camping with his family on Sept. 6th?

I'll tell you who he was: He was the guy who, based upon strong circumstantial evidence, strangled Gabby to death, left her in the wilderness, stole her van and bank card, and hi-tailed it back to the seemingly safe haven of his parents' house.

IMO, this dude wasn't in distress until he became aware that the jig was up and his days of freedom were numbered.

I think BL was surprised at the amount of media attention that Gabby's disappearance attracted. IMO, he may have expected to return home with few or no questions asked, hoping that whatever BS story he may have told his parents would have been enough to assuage further investigation.

Reality collided headlong with what I think he may have expected to happen upon his return to FL.

I have zero sympathy for anything that Brian Laundrie may have been experiencing after he (IMO, based upon strong circumstantial evidence) strangled beautiful Gabby to death. His so-called feelings were toxic as far as I'm concerned.

Gabby Petito is the victim in this case.
Can I like this a million times?

I don’t like that he is talking. Talking everywhere, on every show, network, interviewer that will have him! TMZ! He is churning this story so hard that soon it is going to turn to butter. As I said previously, I expect he is attempting to crank it up so as to get the highest dollar for the story rights. Being a lawyer doesn’t seem to come naturally to him, but maybe being a writer does. IMHO.
Of fiction. jmo

On Nancy Grace’s show today, Joe Scott Morgan said something super interesting to me. Warning. It’s a bit graphic. But idk any other way to say what he was saying. LE said they found a partial human skull. He said that the word that stands out to him the most is the word “partial.” That the human skull is robust & very very strong. Making him question how did the skull of all things end up in a “partial” state. Even considering outside elements (weather, scavengers, etc.), the skull being “partial” was very significant to him just considering how robust & strong the human skull is. Then to take into account they had enough there to get a match on the dental records was also a significant piece of info to him considering something had to have happened to leave a strong bone like the skull in a “partial” state. Idk…when he said that I was like…hmmm. It really got me thinking.. & I had not thought of it like that before. I thought it was super interesting so I thought I’d share. JMO.

A bullet can also shatter a skull.

So IF he shot himself, did he do it when the area was dry and then it flooded?
Or did he swim out in the swamp and do it?

Wouldn't the body have floated if he was in the water when he died? This makes me think he died, was eaten by scavengers, remains dispersed somewhat and shortly thereafter underwater for a spell.

I don't agree that SB's explanation made sense. It would be one thing if BL's parents "started at the trailhead" and then found his dry bag on the trail, but that's not what happened. We've all seen the footage. His father was walking around in a random patch of brush when he suddenly found the dry bag. Where he went was so very specific. A beeline. How did he know where to look?
Because they only showed you the part of the film where he made the find. They didn't show you all the other times he went off trail hunting for signs. He did not beeline straight to the bag.

Or a gunshot. IMO

CL went off the trail 8-10 times before finding the dry bag, etc according to the reporter who was trailing them and caught it on camera.
https://twitter.com/staticlogic/status/1451363844694155267

jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members