Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Banfield interview with SB was MIND BLOWING. At the beginning, it seemed like he had learned from his interview with Marni Hughes that he needed to tone down his demeanor and be a little more tight-lipped, but man...he just COULDN'T help himself. I think BL and his family would have been better off with Big Bird representing them. MOO.

Also, huge accolades to Banfield and Brian Entin.

MOO.

I have a theory on this one- Attorney SB has always been vague about this timeline by saying he spoke to BL on the phone in the "morning". Could it be morning on a technicality? I am thinking between 12am-5am of the 13th?
He couldn't have parked the Mustang until the gate was open at the park. jmo
Open 6am to sunset.

Does anyone know if Banfield was right? If SB spoke to the 3 of them together (CL, RL, & BL) that there’s no privilege?? She said it pretty confidently! He seemed almost a little shocked when she said (very much paraphrasing lol) hey uh yeah not in criminal proceedings, that only applies to real estate. I almost came outta my chair lol!
It sure was a fast moving hour.

BL was 'upset' when he left the family home on September 13, the family lawyer said on Thursday evening, and his father pleaded with him to stay but could not stop him leaving.

He told his parents that he wanted 'fresh air', and was going for a hike at a nearby nature reserve.

If his father pleaded with him, that suggests he had real concerns for his safety. If so, perhaps his dad could have suggested accompanying him, but there was also the option to notify LE, tell them this and ask if they could look for him.

BBM

For what it's worth...

October 22, 2021

Bertolino
talked with EastIdahoNews.com on Friday and said he didn’t know word for word what Brian and his parents Chris and Roberta’s last conversation entailed, but he knew the gist of it.

Brian had said that he was going out for a hike, that he had packed his backpack. Chris and Roberta didn’t think too much about it because he was always going out on hikes. He was a young man, very independent,” he said.

'A bad state of mind': What the last conversation Brian Laundrie had with his parents was like - East Idaho News

I believe he is doing this on purpose to muddy the waters.
Of course he is. He's attempting to confuse people to the point that they forget what end is up. Most people aren't following the case that closely so they hear him speak and go "Oh! so that's why this and that happened" and move on to the next story. It must be hard for Gabby's family to stay silent and wait until the full reports come out.

I posted this morning that I had watched 2 videos with SB stating BL leaving in the evening. I think he might have booked it on the 12th. Real soon after they picked up Gabby's van at around 11pm to 12am, around that time due to his slip on dates. He's not very good and digs a deeper hole than needed for everyone involved. jmo

This article also.

"Let the record be clear, the Laundries reported Brian did not come home the night he went out for the hike," Bertolino told CNN Wednesday. "I actually reported that to the FBI, personally."

Brian Laundrie: Timeline of his disappearance still doesn't jibe among authorities and his family's lawyer - CNN

This makes me think that's how NPPD missed him leaving is all.

do you know which videos they were that you posted?

The CNN link is referring to the night of the 13th iirc. I read that link this morning

Does anyone know if Banfield was right? If SB spoke to the 3 of them together (CL, RL, & BL) that there’s no privilege?? She said it pretty confidently! He seemed almost a little shocked when she said (very much paraphrasing lol) hey uh yeah not in criminal proceedings, that only applies to real estate. I almost came outta my chair lol!
From my understanding, yes that is the case since BL was the one under investigation and being questioned about his involvement in GP disappearance and the parents were not but were still part of the conversation. I was shocked to hear him be so seemingly open about those interactions.

I have to say I'm really shocked police put up cameras before Brian took off. Is that normal for police to do in a missing persons case without any evidence that someone is a POI? Wouldn't they have needed a warrant to do that?

I posted this morning that I had watched 2 videos with SB stating BL leaving in the evening. I think he might have booked it on the 12th. Real soon after they picked up Gabby's van on the 11th, at around 11pm to 12am, around that time due to his slip on dates, days and evenings He's not very good and digs a deeper hole than needed for everyone involved. jmo

This article also.

"Let the record be clear, the Laundries reported Brian did not come home the night he went out for the hike," Bertolino told CNN Wednesday. "I actually reported that to the FBI, personally."

Brian Laundrie: Timeline of his disappearance still doesn't jibe among authorities and his family's lawyer - CNN

This makes me think that's how NPPD missed him leaving is all.

Thanks for providing the goods. I think it was your initial comments that got me wondering too. His account of the events surrounding BL going voluntarily missing on or around September 13th is chock-full of discrepancies. Let's hope law enforcement drills down more on that if they can.

YES Monday was 13th

It's all so strange.
I'd bookmarked it cause I thought it was odd mowing on the 12th. Now it's the 13th, it's even odder.
Maybe CL is just a little odd & that's how he deals with frustration? I haven't got a clue. It wouldn't be on my priority list but different strokes for different folks I suppose?

I have to say I'm really shocked police put up cameras before Brian took off. Is that normal for police to do in a missing persons case without any evidence that someone is a POI? Wouldn't they have needed a warrant to do that?

It's possible there was a sealed the FISA warrant. Just because someone isn't officially named a POI or suspect publicly doesn't mean they aren't still actually under investigation by law enforcement.

If SB spoke to Brian Laundrie about what he did to Gabby and the Laundrie parents were present, then AB is correct - privilege does not apply. SB representing Brian and his parents in the same matter is a conflict of interest.

It's possible there was a sealed the FISA warrant. Just because someone isn't officially named a POI or suspect publicly doesn't mean they aren't still actually under investigation by law enforcement.

FISA is not applicable in this situation.

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 is a United States federal law that establishes procedures for the physical and electronic surveillance and the collection of "foreign intelligence information" between "foreign powers" and "agents of foreign powers" suspected of espionage or terrorism

Maybe the Laundries and their lawyer will spill the beans. Tell everyone what they knew and when they knew it. Gabby is the victim. He killed her, imo, then he stole her vehicle, stole her money and left her out on the river flats so that predators could ravage her body. How many WEEKS did he leave her out in the cold, all night and all day to be possibly ripped to shreds, desiccated, rained and snowed upon. While he was enjoying himself on picnics and in his parents house, probably quite cozy 24\7 and 3 squares a day.

ALL of my sympathy is for the Petito\Schmidts. None left over for anyone else in this case. Except LE who had to spend so much taxpayer money and risk their lives to clean up after BL.

Imo
While that is all interesting, it lends no clarity into the "why" all of this happened. And until we understand the "why" and "how" of a thing, we have no means to prevent it.

What happened here has already happened. We cannot change that. But we can attempt to understand in the hopes of preventing the loss of life in the future. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592