Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling and texting who on the 10th, though. Maybe just Brian. I just did some googling and all I can find is that NS called and texted Brian and RL. But no details on when she called who.

I also wonder if Brian didn't take steps to try and prevent the Petito family from contacting the Laundries. Like surreptitiously placing a block on their phone.

Said the same last week, that BL might have also known the passwords to his parents' phones but maybe not, anything is possible in this case.

Does anyone know if Banfield was right? If SB spoke to the 3 of them together (CL, RL, & BL) that there’s no privilege?? She said it pretty confidently! He seemed almost a little shocked when she said (very much paraphrasing lol) hey uh yeah not in criminal proceedings, that only applies to real estate. I almost came outta my chair lol!

IMO that is correct. Iirc a lawyer here on ws broke that down for us many threads back. Jmo

I have to say I'm really shocked police put up cameras before Brian took off. Is that normal for police to do in a missing persons case without any evidence that someone is a POI? Wouldn't they have needed a warrant to do that?

Would a warrant be needed if the resident where the camera was installed agreed to putting it up?

While that is all interesting, it lends no clarity into the "why" all of this happened. And until we understand the "why" and "how" of a thing, we have no means to prevent it.

What happened here has already happened. We cannot change that. But we can attempt to understand in the hopes of preventing the loss of life in the future. imo

Yes, but to do that, I think we need to bring in some topics that are not easy and, well, we can't do it easily here.

Calling and texting who on the 10th, though. Maybe just Brian. I just did some googling and all I can find is that NS called and texted Brian and RL. But no details on when she called who.

I also wonder if Brian didn't take steps to try and prevent the Petito family from contacting the Laundries. Like surreptitiously placing a block on their phone.

But allegedly BL didn’t have a mobile phone at this point?

MOO.

I have a theory on this one- Attorney SB has always been vague about this timeline by saying he spoke to BL on the phone in the "morning". Could it be morning on a technicality? I am thinking between 12am-5am of the 13th?
Or the 12th? Possibly?

Maybe? Could they get a warrant to surveil someone under those circumstances?
Could it be for all the phone calls to police? Watching for something illegal to happen? As in BL going ballistic? After all he would soon be wanted by FBI on the bank fraud on credit debit card

I hope the COD is determined, too, but AFAIK, the experts don't have a lot of info, i.e. body, to examine. Of course there certainly could be more than we know, as usual.
Brain tissue, if any, IMO, would be little or no help, seems to me -- after all this time.
If he hung himself, maybe his upper spine and neck area would help, if there is any. Skeletal, of course.
A bullet to the head would be certain COD, imo, but that should already be apparent.
Dunno, but I'm very curious. Very.
I sure hope we find out the details of the examination even if they can't determine COD.

Once the investigation is complete, Florida Medical Examiner records become public records and are available for public review. However, per Florida Statute 406.135, autopsy photographs are confidential and cannot be viewed, copied or released without written next-of-kin permission.

Florida Statutes 119.01 General state policy on public records.—
(1) It is the policy of this state that all state, county, and municipal records are open for personal inspection and copying by any person. Providing access to public records is a duty of each agency.

So what happened to Brian's phone that he had on the trip? I wonder what the reasoning was for buying a new one with his mother. It's already suspected that he had Gabby's phone post her death. I wonder what kind of incriminating texts there might have been between the two. Why else have both of those phone's been inexplicably disappeared?

He couldn't have parked the Mustang until the gate was open at the park. jmo
Open 6am to sunset.

I can't remember what was stated in the beginning regarding the mustang but every time it's been mentioned recently something seems off. In the early days of the case, when it was first reported that the mustang was left on the preserve lot, wasn't it mentioned that tickets were given to vehicles left on the lot for 5 days or longer? I thought that I remembered hearing something to that effect (though everything is running together at this point) and if that is the policy/law why was the mustang ticketed after less than 5 days?
If the L's weren't telling the truth about what day the mustang was left on the lot, correcting the timeline could show BL went into the reserve days earlier than reported. IMO

Anti Freeze would be a easy purchase in something like this if it was suicide, but who knows, anything is possible when it comes to opinion and speculations. jmo

While I'm not thinking it was anti freeze (although I suppose it could be) your saying 'anything is possible' made me wonder, again, what it was he purchase for $1000+ with Gabby's card. Was any of it for use in what he planned to do? Then again, he might not have 'planned' anything and instead things just spiraled down into what we now know (dead of suicide, or accident, although I'm leaning way more toward suicide).

Thinking about it... what we know was found and left behind, a journal and a dry pack (unsure when either were purchased)... neither would amount to over $1000. Sure, there was gas and food but that still likely doesn't amount to $1000. So... what is it that he spent that money on?

WhatsApp and messengers have desktop versions. I guess they could have been trying to call or message him that way and he could have been aware of them trying.

BBM

For what it's worth...

October 22, 2021

Bertolino
talked with EastIdahoNews.com on Friday and said he didn’t know word for word what Brian and his parents Chris and Roberta’s last conversation entailed, but he knew the gist of it.

Brian had said that he was going out for a hike, that he had packed his backpack. Chris and Roberta didn’t think too much about it because he was always going out on hikes. He was a young man, very independent,” he said.

'A bad state of mind': What the last conversation Brian Laundrie had with his parents was like - East Idaho News

Here's SB saying something quite different at 1:53

Maybe he used the word "grieving" so many times in the last two days that he mistakenly used that word to describe how BL was acting before he left home. I don't think he was quoting the parents, but rather describing as he remembered, Brian acting out-of-sorts, the parents being concerned about him, etc.

Yes, that's how I understood it also, that "grieving" is the term that came to mind as a result of the events of the last two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther