Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I totally agree with you, it's either one thing or the other - and ChL went to the park that night and searched for 4 hours or so for him - so the parents were worried.
Was that part under water that day? Or was he alive and hiding from them?

I think JT was making an assumption, because they didn't technically live in FLA anymore. But they lived in the Van and so, really no address. Just because they visited NY on their first stop, doesn't mean that they were planning to reside there after the trip. That was up in the air. He misspoke. jmo

gotcha!

IDK what the police consider “moving,” but they both had FL licenses, and spending even a couple of weeks with family before heading out on a trip doesn’t seem like “moving” to me. o_O
MOO

Although I think I remember that in NS missing person report for GP, she stated NY as the location she was returning to, and listed the FL address as a previous address... So maybe they did move back to NY, or were planning to? JMO

(I see someone else posted this too... I'm way behind the flying pace of the thread!)

I think s%#^ got real when they seized the van and it was starting to be covered heavily in the media. IMO.

Has LE/FBI or the media ever seen BL face to face, or walking around his yard/garden front yard?
I don't recall one photo or media image of him at the home after Sept 11th. Neighbors say they saw him return with the white van approx Sept 1st but after Sept 6th no more sightings? Correct?

but I remember that someone from LE or Brian Entin (sorry can’t find link) said the parents got To the trailhead & found the remains around 45 minutes later. In that area, I’d consider 45 minutes to be a beeline.
All JMO
IIRC it was said 45 minutes was about the time it would take to get back to that area, which was a spot CL had hiked w/BL previously or knew he liked. Again IIRC.

It is a sad day, a big letdown almost that this is how the story ends.

If we never find out one more thing about this case, BL took it all with him when he died. This is the end of one of the biggest stories of the past 2 decades.

I am glad it didn't turn into the Casey Anthony circus that took place on the front lawn of the Anthony's home. These protester's were bad, disrespectful, even cruel to parent's who had nothing to do with what their son did.

But the parent's didn't feed into it. Which must have been difficult considering what they were doing outside. I hope they have left so these parent's can also move on with their lives.

I hate that they never responded to the Petito's by taking a call, answering a text, nothing. That too was disrespectful and cruel as they were searching for their daughter. Maybe someday they will have an explanation that the family can live with.

Did Gabby get the justice she so richly deserved? No. But I hope her soul can rest in peace. No one will ever hurt her again.

While no one will ever be held accountable in a court of law, BL's death means he will never get the punishment he deserved. Do we think this case is now solved? We now know BL will never hurt another woman, we are pretty sure he killed Gabby, but is that enough? I guess it will have to be since no one involved in this crime is alive to speak up and speak out.

The video I watched last night he said when Brian left.for the.preserve he was very upset! they now.know.he was.grieving !

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I'd like to know more about moving back to NY. Perhaps BL wasn't getting along with his own parents before the "van life" trip.

Maybe this was normal in their household, lots of fighting, loud arguments, drama?
Maybe, him stomping out angry, distraught, or suicidal was an ongoing life pattern? So curious what was normal for that household BEFORE Gabby went missing.

if they were moving back to NY I would totally understand there is nothing here for young ppl!

Last edited by a moderator:
instead of saying that the hidden cameras were there before BL went missing thee NPPD should specify which day they installed the cameras. They could've installed them BEFORE they knew he was missing (ie 17th September per NPPD) and not 13th September (the date he actually left for the reserve).
Per BE (@3:40 in the link below), the camera hidden in a trash bin showing the street was installed 9/13. The camera in the yard of the neighbor behind the Laundries was installed 9/17.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1451723914657292289?s=21

Has LE/FBI or the media ever seen BL face to face, or walking around his yard/garden front yard?
I don't recall one photo or media image of him at the home after Sept 11th. Neighbors say they saw him return with the white van approx Sept 1st but after Sept 6th no more sightings? Correct?
Who knows what the cameras saw and they aren’t telling us? I definitely think there’s a little more they know but hasn’t been released. IMO.

Oh wow! I hadn't known about the BBM part til just now

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

(1/7) Let’s discuss something. Long thread here on #BrianLaundrie. Josh Taylor of @NorthPortPolice
reiterated Friday that tracking Brian Laundrie’s whereabouts in September was limited by where they were in the investigation at the time. He wasn’t a suspect / wanted for a crime.
(2/7) Taylor on 9/17: “We don’t track residents.”

3/7) On@NewsNationNow Friday night,@BrianEntin reported that there were hidden cameras setup by police around the Laundrie home *before* #BrianLaundrie went missing. So you can’t track residents but you can setup hidden cameras to provide surveillance of them?

4/7) Just so we’re clear: you can’t have a local police officer parked on a public street to follow #BrianLaundrie in his Mustang on public roads over to a public park within your jurisdiction? But you can install hidden cameras to monitor your POI and his family?

5/7) Trying to gain a better understanding of how #BrianLaundrie was able to vanish. Was it “human error” by police? Was it a failure in police policy? Did @NorthPortPolice
not have the resources/manpower necessary to have an officer assigned to following Brian & the Mustang?

(6/7) The best answer we get is from Taylor talking to@BrianEntinFriday. Skip ahead to 0:48.
https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1451922595977342976?s=20

7/7) Josh Taylor of @NorthPortPoliceon@NewsNationNow “Our intention was to keep an eye on Brian. Clearly him going out there, we missed him going out there.”

(8/7) One more here. As many astute followers have noted, #BrianLaundrie wasn’t officially named a POI until 9/15. Regardless of the label however, why were cameras setup to monitor the Laundries but not enough police attention to trail his Mustang on public roads to the NP park?

@TiffanyAlaniz responds:
Please don’t forget also Josh Taylor “What we were supposed to do follow him from tree to tree in the reserve?” And asking Brian Entin ON CAMERA why Brian Entin didn’t see BL leave the house

Per BE (@3:40 in the link below), the camera hidden in a trash bin showing the street was installed 9/13. The camera in the yard of the neighbor behind the Laundries was installed 9/17.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1451723914657292289?s=21
So depending on the time of day BL went to the park they could've installed the camera later and that's why they missed him moo

ETA They originally thought he left for the park on 14th, so maybe this is how they worked out that he didn't go on 14th because the mustang wasn't there. So it was another piece of evidence to get the parents and SB to admit to the date change of the 13th?

It is a sad day, a big letdown almost that this is how the story ends.

If we never find out one more thing about this case, BL took it all with him when he died. This is the end of one of the biggest stories of the past 2 decades.

I am glad it didn't turn into the Casey Anthony circus that took place on the front lawn of the Anthony's home. These protester's were bad, disrespectful, even cruel to parent's who had nothing to do with what their son did.

But the parent's didn't feed into it. Which must have been difficult considering what they were doing outside. I hope they have left so these parent's can also move on with their lives.

I hate that they never responded to the Petito's by taking a call, answering a text, nothing. That too was disrespectful and cruel as they were searching for their daughter. Maybe someday they will have an explanation that the family can live with.

Did Gabby get the justice she so richly deserved? No. But I hope her soul can rest in peace. No one will ever hurt her again.

While no one will ever be held accountability in a court of law, BL's death means he will never get the punishment he deserved. Do we think this case is now solved? We now know BL will never hurt another woman, we are pretty sure he killed Gabby, but is that enough? I guess it will have to be since no one involved in this crime is alive to speak up and speak out.
I think there is no doubt he killed Gabby

I would like to know why!

I don't know your laws in the US but in France if we are driving a car we are required to have our licence and the insurance documents and registration documents available to hand to a police officer. I've lived in the UK and the police there will give you a "producer" where you take the documents to the local police station, but in France we need to have our licence to drive a car. So would BL taking the mustang be required to have his driving licence on him?

Yes as far as I know in the US we are supposed to have the license on us while we drive, but there is nothing stopping someone from driving without it. MOO

IMO, SB is intentionally making this more confusing that it needs to be.
He is creating chaos, not clarity.
Also he is apparently primarily a real estzte l
It was someone who was IN the house. One of the parents had to approve the filing of a missing person report. It's not that complicated....just that SB threw everyone off with his "household" remark. jmo
He was 23, so imo it wouldn't have to be a parent. I'm going to stick with believing he meant extended family when he said laundrie family household members, because he also misused the traditional meaning of the word when he called le "household members". And because he said it was not the only 2 members left, ie the parents, so it's clear to me he was referring to other family member(s). Imo

Not necessarily replying to you, just jumping off the quote.

jmo. In regards to NS listing GP addy as NY on missing persons report. I always thought that the detective (NS’s ‘Angel’) suggested NP do this so that she could get the report filed. Iirc, GP family was having trouble filing the report do to technicalities of jurisdiction. Moo

Gotcha & thanks but still, if it was just a formality to facilitate filing misper why is Josh Taylor so explicit that the couple were planning to move back to NY?

If not the parents or CaL, perhaps it was her husband?
It was someone who was IN the house. One of the parents had to approve the filing of a missing person report. It's not that complicated....just that SB threw everyone off with his "household" remark. jmo
I think s%#^ got real when they seized the van and it was starting to be covered heavily in the media. IMO.
And all the phone calls and texts of 9/10 and 9/11 and official missing notice of Gabby. HE was BUSTED. SO BUSTED. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA