Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy hiker would have taken his own phone with him, and his wallet.
Agree, but I can’t get past the contradictions and SB’s statements. Upon the discovery of Brian‘s remains SB said CL in hindsight knew Chris was upset and distraught and wished he could have stopped him from leaving the house, but in the interview today they weren’t that concerned because it was normal for him to go hiking for a few days. I think they were concerned because they did go looking for him but SB presents things in a way that can be interpreted differently and seen as contradictions. I think it’s interesting that despite their concern they did not want to file a missing person report which possibly LE could’ve found him and prevented him from harming himself

Great, so thorough. I had to copy it, sure we will all be adding even more! For instance didn't he give out dueling stories about which day the Mustang came back home? With the reporter saying it was in the driveway beginning on Wed morning? And one of the lawyer's stories being Thursday? IIRC

Yes, and he revealed how he got busted in last night's Banfield interview IMOO.
MOO, it appears that it was only after they got busted by news video that the Mustang pick up could not have occurred Thursday because it was gone on Tuesday and back in the driveway on Wednesday that they changed the date. (Time 18:54). To me this whole sequence requires scrutiny. Because from where I sit now and what I am hearing with his shifting narratives, it seems to me (MOO) that they had no intention to report BL missing at the time he went missing, and if SB casually mentioned it to the FBI without officially reporting it, he did so only to cover himself. MOO

I don't know your laws in the US but in France if we are driving a car we are required to have our licence and the insurance documents and registration documents available to hand to a police officer. I've lived in the UK and the police there will give you a "producer" where you take the documents to the local police station, but in France we need to have our licence to drive a car. So would BL taking the mustang be required to have his driving licence on him?

Here in the US you are supposed to have your drivers license with you (as well as proof of insurance in my state), however, if you don't have your drivers license with you, you can tell the police officer your drivers license number and they can have it looked up over the police radio. Alternatively they can ticket you for not having your drivers license with you and you can prove in court that you did and do have a drivers license and the ticket will be forgiven in most cases.

Gotcha & thanks but still, if it was just a formality to facilitate filing misper why is Josh Taylor so explicit that the couple were planning to move back to NY?

My own personal belief is that he is using this spin to excuse the NPPD for not filing a missing person report from NS. She had to go through Suffolk county, NY, normally it would be taken by the PD of the residence, not that of the person filing. NPPD probably were thinking “van life” and “22 year old with boyfriend traipsing across country” and decided it was most likely not worth taking a report. When Suffolk county took it they probably had to fudge a little about GP’s residence. NPPD did not get involved without being pushed by Suffolk. I think JT is trying to gloss over that.

Has LE/FBI or the media ever seen BL face to face, or walking around his yard/garden front yard?
I don't recall one photo or media image of him at the home after Sept 11th. Neighbors say they saw him return with the white van approx Sept 1st but after Sept 6th no more sightings? Correct?

Neighbour who saw him 10th Sept going out for a walk with his family.

NPPD should surely have the entire footage of the Wabasso back garden from 11th onwards so you'd think he might have been filmed there, if only for a few minutes?

I don't know your laws in the US but in France if we are driving a car we are required to have our licence and the insurance documents and registration documents available to hand to a police officer. I've lived in the UK and the police there will give you a "producer" where you take the documents to the local police station, but in France we need to have our licence to drive a car. So would BL taking the mustang be required to have his driving licence on him?
Yes. In the US we are required to have our DL with us while driving.
I doubt that BL cared about that.
jmho

That was the day he went so Monday 13th, I don't think it rained until the next day or the Wednesday even moo
SB keeps trumpeting that the whole area in question was under water 5weeks ago, so how did Brian wind up there? Wade in? And if parents had a good idea of where he would be, then how did they not find him in their 4 hour hunt for him? jmo

yes he would. But he left his wallet and phone at the home. Point I was making is that 1) he was grieving, upset, in a bad way, even the father told sb he should have stopped bl from leaving 2) he left his wallet and phone behind. So, SB is extremely unconvincing when he tries to suggest it was just a little routine hike.

Imo
That is the disconcerting part of the story. As someone else mentioned earlier, it makes me wonder if this kind of behavior was normal for BL. Maybe going off to hike for a few days was BL's normal method of coping with mental struggles. After all, it's been argued many times that this is exactly what he did after he killed GP. So yes, I think they were worried about him enough to go looking, but not so worried as to file an official missing persons report...because it was normal, albeit concerning at the time, behavior for a troubled BL. jmo.

Last edited:
If only BL had counseling for anger management, none of this would of happened. Maybe. I keep thinking he was hard to handle. JMOO

Good morning WS Buds!
Hypothetical here:
I've killed my girlfriend and am flipping out. My brains are blown. Gotta get away. I grab my backpack and start walking away fast. I hitch a ride and offer $200 for a 10 mile ride to establish an alibi. I bail out at Jackson and am frantic. I phone home, you know - like ET. I spill my guts to my parents. OK, don't worry, we'll call our old buddy the lawyer. In the meantime, get your *advertiser censored** back to the van and haul it back home. Forget hitchhiking! Don't get yourself arrested! I return to the crime scene...good...she's still there...and grab the van. On the way back, I'm getting calls from mom, dad, and the lawyer. Don't worry, we'll lay low and see what happens. Anybody see you with the body? No. Good. We can work around it. After you hit the Florida border, pull off the road, pull the batteries, bust up the phones and throw them in a ditch. And don't worry about the other parents. If they call, we'll stall them off. Its not illegal to NOT answer the phone. We'll talk about all of this when you get back.

Wonder where the phones went? I don't.
MOOing...as usual.

Yes, and he revealed how he got busted in last night's Banfield interview IMOO.
MOO, it appears that it was only after they got busted by news video that the Mustang pick up could not have occurred Thursday because it was gone on Tuesday and back in the driveway on Wednesday that they changed the date. (Time 18:54). To me this whole sequence requires scrutiny. Because from where I sit now and what I am hearing with his shifting narratives, it seems to me (MOO) that they had no intention to report BL missing at the time he went missing, and if SB casually mentioned it to the FBI without officially reporting it, he did so only to cover himself. MOO

Imo that was the screaming, neon sign takeaway from all of sb's interviews, and I think it was a slip up.

The parents and SB were NOT going to file a missing persons report.

"Why not?"

Imo

It was someone who was IN the house. One of the parents had to approve the filing of a missing person report. It's not that complicated....just that SB threw everyone off with his "household" remark. jmo
I thought that was odd too. I had to replay that part several times & I still don’t know if I understand. I almost thought he insinuated it was BL. He doubled down on that, too. Then he said the parents were there & reps from NPPD & the FBI. So then I thought maybe he meant one of the reps from NPPD or the FBI. Who knows lol.

I understand the media using both park names interchangeably but not the FBI. Especially when referring to human remains.

The subject heading of the email is: "Human remains found at Carlton Reserve (...)". Then, in the content, states: "T. Mabry Carlton, Jr. Memorial Reserve and Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park (...)".
Two different areas of the Carlton Reserve. The FBI would have used a slash linking the interchangeable/alternative names if referring to a single place, IMO.

MOO JMO
I didn’t research this, but it’s likely the whole name is correct as referring to one place. It can be both names and be the same place. Like streets often go by 2 names, a route number and a street name. MOO

It is a sad day, a big letdown almost that this is how the story ends.

If we never find out one more thing about this case, BL took it all with him when he died. This is the end of one of the biggest stories of the past 2 decades.

I am glad it didn't turn into the Casey Anthony circus that took place on the front lawn of the Anthony's home. These protester's were bad, disrespectful, even cruel to parent's who had nothing to do with what their son did.

But the parent's didn't feed into it. Which must have been difficult considering what they were doing outside. I hope they have left so these parent's can also move on with their lives.

I hate that they never responded to the Petito's by taking a call, answering a text, nothing. That too was disrespectful and cruel as they were searching for their daughter. Maybe someday they will have an explanation that the family can live with.

Did Gabby get the justice she so richly deserved? No. But I hope her soul can rest in peace. No one will ever hurt her again.

While no one will ever be held accountable in a court of law, BL's death means he will never get the punishment he deserved. Do we think this case is now solved? We now know BL will never hurt another woman, we are pretty sure he killed Gabby, but is that enough? I guess it will have to be since no one involved in this crime is alive to speak up and speak out.
Brian lost his life. He will never know the joy of having children and grandchildren. He will never hike another mountain or enjoy a beautiful sunrise. He died alone and hunted. His legacy is to be one of the most hated men in the states.

I think he paid. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member