Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jurisprudence
I don't want to quote your whole post up there but just to ask, why would an attorney need to seek advice from an ethics person re filing the misper?
(I watched Banfield so I heard him volunteer this but is that a standard thing? )

This is MOO (I really want to stress this). He had known for days that Brian was gone. He had known he "casually" mentioned this to an off-field is my guess FBI agent (he mentions in the interview having contact with NY agents) and he was busted by video tape. He was very worried about his role in this, rightfully so, and needed to stop the bleeding as best as he could as soon as he could, and to get a written opinion from ethics counsel - predicated mind you on him likely recounting to the rep that he "reported BL missing Monday" an untruth or "half-truth" at best. This was crucial to him avoiding some serious exposure as a licensed attorney. Once he got that advice - and after he was told the FBI would be going to the house Friday, he made sure they filed a report - Friday.

I said a month ago that IMO SB was playing with fire here. And, I still stand by this. IMO his situation is getting worse, not better. Well, arguably better bc one of the witnesses has been eliminated, but there is still evidence out there. He is not in the clear IMO, and he is very much aware of this.

All of this is JMOO.

Re moving: I recall headlines from the early days that GP was from "Long Island" and that the trip also originated there. I always wondered about that. MOO.

It's possible the location BL selected (near a bridge, I think) required wading through some level of water and he possessed the determination to get there. Determination the parents may have lacked - no reasonable person treks into flooded swamp water, so the parents may have stuck to the general area of the trails. imo
Quite plausible, considering his state of mind.

Re moving: I recall headlines from the early days that GP was from "Long Island" and that the trip also originated there. I always wondered about that. MOO.
Good question, @Sleuthine !

Didn't GP's bio dad move down to FL to be closer to her as well ?
MOO.

And I keep going back to one of the earlier reports (which was so early I cant find it now--sure wish I had known its significance at the time). The parents said they saw him with his backpack and they saw him go into the park. I kept scratching my head about that one since they stated later that they "found" the Mustang. I wondered at the time if they had dropped him off at the reserve in the Mustang. It was only gone, apparently, for one day. If BL was IN the Mustang, but not driving, even if LE was monitoring, they might not have seen him if he was down in the back seat. Of course, this theory is all predicated on whether I really saw that report way early on. IMO
I don't think they said they SAW him go into the park They saw him leave for a hike and he either told them he was going to the park or they assumed that's where he was going because they know he hikes that park. jmo

Ya’ll may not like me but I think it’s possible that SB may have been talking to FBI and perhaps they weren’t sharing everything w/NPPD. JT talks a lot, maybe they were protecting the integrity of the investigation even amongst agencies? I say this even as I agree SB is a handful and should probably just shut up now. IMO.
I doubt it.
No reason to hold back information like that in a missing person investigation with a known POI. Because from the outset they would have known of the Moab incident because that was recorded with both their names.
Also that information should have been passed to NNPD by SB.
It was their jurisdiction and FBI were not the lead agency at that stage.
I don't believe he said it or dressed it up in an anecdote or a funny story, not a report... no reports.

Great. I personally believe the parents and lawyer were in contact with Brian from the moment he was dropped off at Jackson Hole. He abruptly changed his hitchhiking plans, returned to the crime scene, stole the van and returned home. He was also advised to bust up the phones and ditch them before he hit the Florida border. No tracing calls home. No tracing calls to the lawyer. No tracing calls - period.
MOOing.

I think phone records will be quite telling.

SB keeps trumpeting that the whole area in question was under water 5weeks ago, so how did Brian wind up there? Wade in? And if parents had a good idea of where he would be, then how did they not find him in their 4 hour hunt for him? jmo
Those are the questions I have as well. I remember that it did start raining and hampered the search--but not right away.

And I keep going back to one of the earlier reports (which was so early I cant find it now--sure wish I had known its significance at the time). The parents said they saw him with his backpack and they saw him go into the park. I kept scratching my head about that one since they stated later that they "found" the Mustang. I wondered at the time if they had dropped him off at the reserve in the Mustang. It was only gone, apparently, for one day. If BL was IN the Mustang, but not driving, even if LE was monitoring, they might not have seen him if he was down in the back seat. Of course, this theory is all predicated on whether I really saw that report way early on. IMO
It was notable in the Banfield interview last night....SB justified changing his whole "date of gone missing" around a reporter's saying that the Mustang was in the driveway on Wednesday am. Earlier he had given 2 different dates for the return of the Mustang, IIRC. There were a lot of contradictory reports about "how" exactly the parents found the Mustang, I think one version was they were just driving around and "saw" it. Yet, they knew where he was going, they or at least the father had searched for hours the day he went missing, etc etc. Yet they just "saw" the mustang?

I would like to have time to collate all these reports, ie BE's, the lawyer tweets, etc. Put them in sequence but together. IMO

How do we know he hadn't had such counseling? To me, his posture and behavior on the bodycam looks exactly like the stance that anger management teaches to many clients (hold one hand with the other, so that you are in fact restraining yourself from using them - usually they teach them to relax their bodies and grab the dominant hand with the non-dominant hand). They practice talking in a calm voice, and do role-playing around that.

They do a lot of other things in anger management, of course, but...that's what I've seen when I went to observe what they were doing.

Good point. I have no idea if he did or not.

Great. I personally believe the parents and lawyer were in contact with Brian from the moment he was dropped off at Jackson Hole. He abruptly changed his hitchhiking plans, returned to the crime scene, stole the van and returned home. He was also advised to bust up the phones and ditch them before he hit the Florida border. No tracing calls home. No tracing calls to the lawyer. No tracing calls - period.
MOOing.
Cell phone company would have all evidence of any calls made though. Ditching the phones just stops them from being pinged. However, even their last known location (if turned on) can be obtained through the cell phone company and cell tower investigation.

There was another fugitive back there and LE took him into custody.
A Youtuber was posting about searching using FLIR and saw someone resembling BL at a deserted shack.
I believe LE thought they were on BL's trial and it turned out to be someone else, also wanted.
Wouldn't you know it?
The guy resembled BL.
jmho
SEVEN bodies and a fugitive found amid hunt for Brian Laundrie
According to reports, Florida man Ethan Waters, wanted over contempt of court and property damage charges, was captured on Saturday near Carlton Reserve, where the search for Laundrie, the 23-year-old fiance of slain woman Petito, has focused.

That article is so misleading. The first person found was a missing person near Joshua Tree NP, Ms. Cho, who had run off during a dispute with her boyfriend and was eventually found dead in the Mojave Desert.

The second person was a father from TX, reported missing south of Grand Teton NP - and he had his own separate search mission, no one associated with Gabby's search found him. He was a suicide.

The third person was in a Walmart parking lot in Alabama (but reported missing by his family). The fourth was a missing woman in Colorado. The fifth were unidentified remains found in South Carolina.

The six and seventh are, apparently, Gabby and Brian.

Missing persons are found all the time. There is no indication that any of these missing people were found by people who were looking for Gabby or Brian. None of them were found in Spread Creek or in the Carlton Preserve area. It's clickbait, IMO. Although it is interesting, always, which cases capture the public imagination (in this case, worldwide). The search for Ms Cho was ongoing and completely separate from the search for Gabby or Brian - same with Mr. Lowery.

The article also includes Kylen and Crystal (who have their own thread here). There was never a missing persons case filed for them, as they were found dead by a friend who spent many hours looking for them - and found them.

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered overnight or this morning. During SB's interview with Ashley Banfield last night, AB asked her guest about how the Laundries and he have been communicating. He indicated that they talked daily on the phone, emailed, and may have Zoomed or Facetimed, as well. He made no mention of having traveled to FL at any time. I thought that the Laundries met SB in Orlando a few weeks ago when they were followed by FBI. They stopped at a library and then went into an office building, presumably to meet with an attorney. Was it not SB?

ETA: I did a quick search and found this. Brian Laundrie's parents shadowed by undercover agents on 150-mile trek to meet attorney | WCTI (wcti12.com)

...Steve Bertolino, the attorney for Christopher and Roberta Laundrie, flew to Florida from New York Thursday to meet with the couple in Orlando...

I wish AB had pressed SB on the in-person meeting in Orlando. Why did he not mention it?

Last edited:
SB said it wasn't the parents, instead some other Laundrie family household member. But you might be right, I don't know who signed it or who is on record for filing it. There has to be someone on the dotted line.
All Moo...
I'm pretty sure he said it was not family member and ruled the sister out. SB stated he contacted FBI, Friday and had "conversations". SB was concerned filing a missing person was a rue for FBI to gain access to the L house. Per SB, "it was decide to file a MPR" as FBI had a sighting of BL in Tampa and it would open up a full search for him.

The Josh Taylor NPPD public relations officer in the short interview with Brian Entin, Twitter...stated, he was in the room when the FBI called Friday 9/17 and notified NPPD BL was missing and to go to Ls home to take a MPR.

All the time BL is missing and he's concerned with protecting the Ls. Hum....

Moo...I had to watch the video and do several replays to figure out what happened. SB is good at the tap dance.

ETA both interviews are on Brian Entin Twitter page
https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin

Last edited:
Thanks for this. ^^^

I thought it was the Banfield interview and iirc, wasn't there another reporter that chimed in as well ?
They seemed to be irritating SB with questions that were very general and non-intrusive, but he seemed to bristle at them both and started opening up ?

SB just keeps dropping hints in the form of breadcrumbs. :rolleyes:
I wonder if RL and CL wish they'd hired different counsel ?
MOO.
I'd listen to a lot of nonsense just to get a blast of a NY accent but not this guy.
I only always experience his performance as gaslighting and I resent people who play that game. He seems to do it constantly.
Lawyers can get arrested , can't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member