Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
That still baffles me, in a long string of baffling things. Gabby's legal residence was at the Laundrie house, right? Her van had Florida plates. What excuse could there be for LE completely refusing to take a missing persons report in the jurisdiction of the missing person's legal residence?

other people in the house not reporting her "missing," her not being in FL or NY for several months? her not being in or at any house or residence for several months? Her mother not being in FL? IMO

I don't know how to precisely quote something from a closed thread. I did it by "guess". I'm not sure how it will display. If there's a shortcut, I'd love to know.

@Kristin Esq. this is in response to your post from last thread:

I’m curious to know what you take away from all of SB’s public interviews with MSM.

My take, IMOO, is that SB has lied publicly on more than one occasion, and his anger is actually about the fact that we have not believed the lies. MOO. Here are only a few of the documented examples of why I believe this to be the case:

1. He stated he reported BL missing the night he left. He made this statement notwithstanding the fact that a month ago he and/or the Laundries or both, gave the public and LE two different dates as the date of BL’s disappearance which they left uncorrected for more than a week. This HLN clip from a CNN interview with Josh Taylor NPPD reveals JT saying this is not true. (At 3:01)

Interestingly, SB does reveal new information. He says in this same place that the FBI came to the house on Friday NOT to complete a MP report, but rather as a follow-up to a tip to make sure BL was not “in” the house (I don’t think I have ever heard of the FBI giving a POI a head’s up that they would be arriving on a day certain to check out a tip and see if the POI was actually in the house. These things that come from him seem outlandish and just do not seem plausible.) It was when they physically showed up at the house that the Laundries agreed to fill out a MP report. Now, call me stupid but this “defense” of his is actually achieving the opposite IMO. He is saying in a non-direct manner that no MP report was filed until the FBI showed up on Friday for another matter entirely.

Here’s another article on JT refuting this but the video is much more impactful IMO. Brian Laundrie search: No discrepancy between FBI and parents on missing timeline, says family lawyer

2. He stated that LE accompanied them into the Reserve and were with them when CL found the dry pack. We know this to be false from Mike Ruiz’ video evidence. LE was nowhere in this wide angel frame when CL veered off the trail.

Brian Laundrie search: Human remains found near fugitive's belongings in Florida park

3. He stated the parents returned because the Reserve was once again open to the public. He conveniently fails to mention that the reserve was open for a week before LE shut it down, and that they didn't go search for BL, save one night. He conveniently fails to mention that the reserve was not yet then flooded as we know from BE coverage the next week that the reserve was becoming flooded.

IMOO, his national TV on-camera raging is more about himself than it is his clients. He is aware he has a credibility problem with the public and despite his best efforts to squash it he has been unable to do so, and it seems to be infuriating him. I also think this may stem in part from him still being concerned about potential exposure. MOO

What SB fails (or refuses) to recognize however, is that the public did not do this to him. These are his words and inconsistencies and in some cases according to JT of NPPD, his untruths or inaccuracies. They did not originate from the public. MOO His anger at the public and the media is misdirected. But, IMO he is demonstrating that he is incapable of blaming himself for anything.

This is all JMO.
Excellent post!!!

Here's SB saying something quite different at 1:53

"They knew he was grieving, and so upset". What's that tell you? It tells me they knew she was dead way back then. He had to have told them something. Unsure if it was "I accidentally killed her" or if it was some made up story. Either way, why else would they know that their son was grieving and 'so upset'? And even if what he told them was a lie (a bear got her! It was horrible!)... what explanation would he have for leaving her there (the bear ran off with her?) and driving her van back to FL? And the fact he lawyered up.... they knew.

Has LE/FBI or the media ever seen BL face to face, or walking around his yard/garden front yard?
I don't recall one photo or media image of him at the home after Sept 11th. Neighbors say they saw him return with the white van approx Sept 1st but after Sept 6th no more sightings? Correct?
IMO -- I've heard nothing to that effect.

Everything about this supposed taking a hike in the preserve and leaving while in a grieving state and even the camping trip beforehand -- none of this has been corroborated by LE ; afaik.
MOO.

Oh I didnt know it was officer initiated. But, I don't think LE = "Laundry family household member". I'll have to go read the transcript again, I got the distinct impression that he was pretty angry at a family member for initiating (in some way) the report. He could have been referring to other family members cooperating with le, while Roberta and Chris were not.

Imo
I thought the big hubbub at the time was over the fact that when the LE came to the Laundries in response to the missing person report, it was the first time they had been let into the house. If that's true, it wouldnt be a member of LE who was in the house at the time who called in the missing person. IMO

All Moo...
I'm pretty sure he said it was not family member and ruled the sister out. SB stated he contacted FBI, Friday and had "conversations". SB was concerned filing a missing person was a rue for FBI to gain access to the L house. Per SB, "it was decide to file a MPR" as FBI had a sighting of BL in Tampa and it would open up a full search for him.

The Josh Taylor NPPD public relations officer in the short interview with Brian Entin, Twitter...stated, he was in the room when the FBI called Friday 9/17 and notified NPPD BL was missing and to go to Ls home to take a MPR.

All the time BL is missing and he's concerned with protecting the Ls. Hum....

Moo...I had to watch the video and do several replays to figure out what happened. SB is good at the tap dance.

ETA both interviews are on Brian Entin Twitter page
https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin

Could there be another reason the Laundrie's wouldn't want to file a MPR? What did they fear the FBI would discover at their house?

"They knew he was grieving, and so upset". What's that tell you? It tells me they knew she was dead way back then. He had to have told them something. Unsure if it was "I accidentally killed her" or if it was some made up story. Either way, why else would they know that their son was grieving and 'so upset'? And even if what he told them was a lie (a bear got her! It was horrible!)... what explanation would he have for leaving her there (the bear ran off with her?) and driving her van back to FL? And the fact he lawyered up.... they knew.
Exactly !

Everything that's happened since Gabby was murdered -- and including the possibility that Brian called/texted his parents immediately after in a panic -- has all been a huge damage control and a major CYA mode.
Imo.

Everything about this supposed taking a hike in the preserve and leaving while in a grieving state and even the camping trip beforehand -- none of this has been corroborated by LE ; afaik.
MOO.

I've scoured the news reports not once do I hear LE confirm they ever confirmed BL at the house. No face-to-face meetings or sightings of him. No media footage of BL in the yard, car or backyard.
It would be hard to stay indoors w/o getting any fresh air.

I am supportive of LE in general.
Sometimes mistakes are made.
I gotta say though, the NPPD aren't exactly covering themselves in glory in this case!
jmho

I agree with this, for sure. NP is not a very big city, and they were not prepared to deal with anything like this, IMO. JT is not ready for being a PR person on a national stage -- as quickly as he got testy with the media early, I'm not sure doing PR is the best occupation for him... IMO

Yeah, except SB has now walked back "grieving" and said he misspoke.

source: https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1451701213238530050

MOO.

I've scoured the news reports not once do I hear LE confirm they ever confirmed BL at the house. No face-to-face meetings or sightings of him. No media footage of BL in the yard, car or backyard.
It would be hard to stay indoors w/o getting any fresh air.

My own personal belief is that he is using this spin to excuse the NPPD for not filing a missing person report from NS. She had to go through Suffolk county, NY, normally it would be taken by the PD of the residence, not that of the person filing. NPPD probably were thinking “van life” and “22 year old with boyfriend traipsing across country” and decided it was most likely not worth taking a report. When Suffolk county took it they probably had to fudge a little about GP’s residence. NPPD did not get involved without being pushed by Suffolk. I think JT is trying to gloss over that.

He's been glossing over a lot of failures by his department. jmo

Being completely unbiased, and after watching the Ashleigh and SB video for the very first time (and it's my first time for seeing SB ever speak in person) I completely believe he was trying to do right by his clients. However, this entire saga was completely out of his scope as a real estate attorney! He should've done right by that family, by connecting them with a proper criminal attorney, as soon as they contacted him. Hind sight is 20/20. I do think he was just doing the best that he knew how.

Edited to add: IMOO the week starting the 12th was completely mishandled by the parents, SB and FBI/NPPD. They all have culpability here in allowing what happened.

Last edited:
I am supportive of LE in general.
Sometimes mistakes are made.
I gotta say though, the NPPD aren't exactly covering themselves in glory in this case!
jmho
9/17
North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor told the Herald-Tribune on Friday night that Laundrie's family filed a missing person report around 5 p.m.

The family is claiming they have not seen him since Tuesday,” Taylor said. “Our information that we had was that he was in that home throughout this week. Whether that turns out to be true, we’ll see.”

Taylor clarified that the police department was not actively “tailing” Laundrie even though he's a person of interest in his fiance's disappearance.

“We're not tailing this person, you know he’s not wanted in a crime,” Taylor said. “And it's still a missing person case, so you know, we weren't following him around town.”

“North Port Police are currently speaking with the Laundrie Family at their request. At this time, we are not speaking with Brian.”

“Be advised that the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie are currently unknown,” Steven Bertolino said in the statement. “The FBI is currently at the Laundrie residence removing property to assist in locating Brian. As of now, the FBI is now looking for both Gabby and Brian.”

“We understand the community’s frustration, we are frustrated too," the agency's statement said. “For six days, the North Port Police Department and the FBI have been pleading with the family to contact investigators regarding Brian’s fiancé Gabby Petito. Friday is the first time they have spoken with investigators in detail. It is important to note that while Brian is a person of interest in Gabby’s disappearance, he is not wanted for a crime. We are not currently working a crime investigation. We are now working a multiple missing person investigations.”
Gabby Petito missing: Protest erupts at Brian Laundrie's home; fiancé goes missing himself
*If it’s not a criminal investigation, why not release the body cam footage from that day?

Sept. 11: Petito reported missing
Concerned family members reported Gabby Petito missing to Suffolk County Police in New York on Sept. 11.

Later that night, North Port Police confirmed they recovered the van at Brian Laundrie’s parents’ home. Police said the young couple also lived there.
https://www.wesh.com/article/what-happened-to-gabby-petito-timeline-of-north-port-womans-disappearance-search-for-missing-fiance/37674697

*I’m trying to figure this out. So did Suffolk County Police have to call North Port to get their behinds in gear? And did North Port ever even file a missing person report for Gabby?

I thought the big hubbub at the time was over the fact that when the LE came to the Laundries in response to the missing person report, it was the first time they had been let into the house. If that's true, it wouldnt be a member of LE who was in the house at the time who called in the missing person. IMO
Agreed, and as others pointed out no one would refer to LE as being a member of the Laundrie family household. SB was miffed that someone started the missing persons report. Spurred it into action, even though the report apparently doesn't mention that person's name.

Maybe that family member really was worried about his life, and also worried about Gabby.

IMO

I agree with this, for sure. NP is not a very big city, and they were not prepared to deal with anything like this, IMO. JT is not ready for being a PR person on a national stage -- as quickly as he got testy with the media early, I'm not sure doing PR is the best occupation for him... IMO
JT is a whole lot more subdued now than in the beginning.

Agreed.
Fact: lawyer said they were not going to file the missing persons report that Friday night, that someone else in the Laundrie Family Household caused it, initiated it, I don't remember which verb he used. Paraphrased
so
either they knew he was safe where he was (IMO the father did encounter him that night he went after BL, could have given him a ride to a safer place and left the mustang for red herring)
or
they didn't know he was dead, but they were willing to let that be an outcome, instead of filing the missing report which would have drawn even more attention (to them!)

or your last one. They knew he was gone.

But I just can't explain to myself why the L's were so nonchalant that whole month, when he was gone and possibly in deadly danger, but that last day after the outing they immediately set up a search for 7 am to then made a beeline to his things. IMO
That's the thing. If they are so grief stricken now, how could they not have been for the last month, esp since they were panic stricken (according to SB) as soon as he left/as soon as they realized he'd left his phone and wallet. The demeanor just doesnt fit. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth