Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've all read & seen too much, lol. I know I saw him say it, I can even remember his shirt... still searching...

i didn’t watch that interview, i posted this up thread and it shows the same thing. Skeletal remains in just a few days, depending on conditions.

I will warn you there are images of decomposing bodies, so do not click if this bothers you. Decomposition Changes in Bodies Recovered from Water

Don't you think they would have been giving him some plea terms, worst case scenarios as others have mentioned? Also I wonder if the last discussion with Brian and SB was with his parents present (That would make AB happy!) . On the 13th before Brian left, IIRC. And how quickly he left after the call from SB. I think there may be some vulnerabilities for the lawyer once we get a real timeline of communications 12 & 13 Sept. What if he was in a 4 person call on the 13th with SB, and immediately ran out afterwards. Oh I mean went for a hike. IMO

He may have thought a plea deal was still too uncomfortable for his psyche. I think he must have been very scared because in his own mind, according to him being a fugitive was an option. That was his go to plan until something changed.

I don't think he's coming back Monday, MOO. I think he knows that would not be smart. But who knows, perhaps he thinks he is still the smartest. My advice to this guy, not that he'd ever take it, stop talking. Just stop. Stop talking, stop texting, stop it all. While it is true that lying to the press is not a crime, it is also true that you are putting statements on the record every single time you do it. JMO
Will his ego allow him to refuse a return? We'll find out...

How long was he planning to simply hang out in the swamp, drawing or writing in a notebook, while waiting to commit suicide?

Who knows how long? But in order to commit suicide , it takes a certain mindset so writing his thoughts or drawing pictures depicting his frame of mind in the meantime makes sense to me. It does not seem as if he was hiking, it appears to me that he was just hiding.

Last edited:
Ok, I posted (then deleted, in an effort to find the link) that Joseph Scott Morgan recently said it would take a week for a body to become as skeletonized as BL. I was wrong. I misremembered this quote from him:

Morgan believes the state of the remains will also make it difficult for investigators to narrow down exactly when Laundrie died. “Because the body is skeletonized, it’s my opinion you’re not going to be able to do any better than about a week,” he said.
(from here: Brian Laundrie: When will we know cause and time of death? | WFLA)

He's talking about narrowing down the time of death, to within the week that it happened; not that it took a week for that to happen. My apologies, I had my wires crossed!

This is, quite frankly, the most disgusting post I have ever read, ever. Seriously. Just flat out disgusting. You stated, flat out, for all of us to read, that BL told his parents he was going to commit suicide and their only objection was that they not do it at home. That is what you said.

Im not the OP but it says “I have wondered”.

Don't you think the FBI would have been giving SB some plea terms, worst case scenarios as others have mentioned? Also I wonder if the last discussion with Brian and SB was with his parents present (That would make AB happy!) . On the 13th before Brian left, IIRC. And how quickly he left after the call from SB. I think there may be some vulnerabilities for the lawyer once we get a real timeline of communications 12 & 13 Sept. What if he was in a 4 person call on the 13th with SB, and immediately ran out afterwards. Oh I mean went for a hike. IMO

No, not after they found GP. I think (and I really need to stress that this is speculation), I think SB might have had a good play at the outset. He might have told BL and parents to keep quiet bc they never expected GP to be found. They never expected.... the Bethunes. And, the play was keep your mouth shut bc when they cannot find her they are going to come to you before inclement weather sets in and they will plead you out for her location. This has always been my thought process on where he might have been going at the outset.

This backfired spectacularly, however, because they found GP. And, BL was gone before they even found her. So, if this was SB's plan, BL could have ignored it and decided to either go on the run or end it. I don't think SB ever would have counseled him to run. This much I give him credit for. That and keeping Cassie out of it. If Cassie doesn't know anything Cassie has no exposure. That, and privilege between the parents and SB is not breached. MOO

No, that's not what he said. You have to listen very carefully. He said "No, to my knowledge I can't say if he did or he didn't."

Correct, SB has no idea if BL committed murder or not. That is something that would not even come up in early discussions with BL. Remember Gabby was only missing prior to discovery of her remains. So SB would not have asked BL about murder.

Buzzards/turkey vultures circle a carcass for 3 days so the meat separates easier due to decay A flock of buzzards can completely consume all the soft tissue in 1-2 days. Leaving just the bones for the hogs & gators.
I can believe that. A few years ago there was a dead deer along our road. You could see the vultures circling it and landing on it and within a couple of days all that was left was a skeleton.

Will his ego allow him to refuse a return? We'll find out...
Personally, I think he's crazy to keep talking. And, I think on some level he must know this. But as you said, he may just not be able to help himself. MOO

Edit: Take note: He is doing the exact opposite of everything he has counseled his clients to do. MOO

I can't imagine that the Ls would encourage or assist BL to suicide.
That would be far, far more outrageous than anything they've been accused of so far.
I can imagine their house being in total turmoil with a wide range of emotions expressed.
It probably was not pleasant, especially after the NPPD showed up to conduct the wellness check.
jmho

What wellness check? I missed that.

After listening to the Banfield interview I would like to have the FBI, LE and SB in the same room.

All that is needed is for Banfield to ask the name of the FBI agent SB talked to, get his phone number and call the agent and verify the story. That used to be what journalists did for a living - verify facts with the correct person when investigating a claim.

No, not after they found GP. I think (and I really need to stress that this is speculation), I think SB might have had a good play at the outset. He might have told BL and parents to keep quiet bc they never expected GP to be found. They never expected.... the Bethunes. And, the play was keep your mouth shut bc when they cannot find her they are going to come to you before inclement weather sets in and they will plead you out for her location. This has always been my thought process on where he might have been going at the outset.

This backfired spectacularly, however, because they found GP. And, BL was gone before they even found her. So, if this was SB's plan, BL could have ignored it and decided to either go on the run or end it. I don't think SB ever would have counseled him to run. This much I give him credit for. That and keeping Cassie out of it. If Cassie doesn't know anything Cassie has no exposure. That, and privilege between the parents and SB is not breached. MOO

this makes lots of sense to me. Otherwise, I find it hard to believe Chris and Roberta L were just placidly biding their time for the intervening weeks after first reporting Brian missing, without assuming that they actually care little for him, or were at least content for him to grow up wild as grass… he may have been a loner fond of solitude, but to assume they were fine with him being alone for months if he’s in known trouble, that’s a little extreme for me.

Exactly. This is family logic at its best.
Thank you.

sickening to think about HOW it was handled afterward

JMO

My opinion too, I gave the parents the benefit of the doubt that they did not find out until the 10th or 11th, did not have time to process everything before Brian disappeared. I now don’t think that’s the case at all. It appears to me they were hoping her body would not be found, waiting to see what direction LE went with the case, evidence, etc. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname