Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it is pretty straightforward.

I have felt this since the beginning. If only one or two decisions had been made differently, we might have had a case of manslaughter, and all of this hatred, vitrol and speculation would not have been fueled by social media.

All six parents deserve our respect of privacy.

Brian screwed up big time and should have paid the price, but he was not an evil person.

""As an alternative to the heat of passion standard, some jurisdictions apply the standard of extreme emotional disturbance. The Model Penal Code (section 210.3) states that a murder is downgraded to manslaughter when it was "committed under the influence of extreme mental or emotional disturbance for which there is reasonable explanation or excuse." ""

Crime of Passion

Once he ran those lesser included offenses fled with him. He made this choice. MOO

My initial reaction to this case upon hearing of Gabby’s disappearance was that it seemed like BL had panicked. Upon learning more, I am going back to that initial assessment. It seems like he was angry about something, he acted similar to ways he has acted in the past but went further than ever before, then had no idea what to do. His actions don’t make sense to me because I don’t think he was rooted in logic.

I continue to be interested because I really don’t understand him, his family, his family attorney or any other actions that happened after September 11. I just have a nature where I like to understand why people act the way that they do, and I feel like I’m missing something key in the interaction of BL and his family members. I’m sorry for the outcome because I do believe everyone has the potential for growth and he could have provided truth to Gabby’s parents. BL also could have learned quite a lot for himself in his life if he so chose. At this point I think it’s likely he did commit suicide but I won’t be surprised at any outcome.

I think there’s a lot to be learned from this case in a positive way going forward. I’m sorry that has to be the case, but I see the potential for quite a lot of dialogue and education about DV. I hope we can all pass on our insights that we’ve gained to one person in our life. I hope Gabby is remembered for her short life and is not eclipsed by BL’s actions, or obscured by his family attorney. Gabby should still be alive and she should have gotten to learn that she was worthy of love that didn’t punish or harm her.

JMO.

Water levels at Myakka.
USGS.02298830.31758.00065..20210701.20211023..0..gif

just a note, the myakkahatchee creek is a small tributary of the myakka river, so the water level of the creek was likely not as high as the river...moo

He was also chasing her up and down the street, according to the 911 caller.
This is chilling in retrospect and chasing = hunting someone down, to exact vengeance for perceived wrongs.
It sounded like as far back as that 911 call he was enraged and becoming unhinged.
I have to wonder what it was like to live with him before he met Gabby ? :(
Was anyone afraid of him ?
MOO.

have wondered if his family had any fears though they have not expressed any, IMO

I was watching Joe Scott Morgan (death investigator) & he said, to my surprise, it would only take about a week for BL's body to be in that state. I'm going to find the link, will edit to add momentarily...
I’m looking forward to your link. I read an article that said in as little as 3 days a body can become a skeleton depending on the conditions. But now i can’t find the article and I’ve wanted to read it again.

Some thoughts on this case: I don't think that the Laundries knew anything serious was wrong other than that Gabby and BL had broken up until September 11. From what we know, the Laundries were camping and doing other things in early September. It just may be that while the Petitos and Schmidts were trying to get in touch with them on the 10th or 11th, the Laundries were in a campground with no cell service and only learned of their texts and calls, including the threat to call LE and file an MPR for Gabby the night of Saturday, September 11 at around 11pm which led to the Laundries calling SB for assistance.

Does anyone know where the Laundries were on Sept. 10 and 11? What if they were not home and couldn't receive cellphone calls? For example, at many campgrounds, there is no cell service except in the general store or office which is not where most people spend a lot of time while camping. Then they get home, receive all these messages late at night. They call their attorney who says they should say nothing, he will take care of it. Next thing they know the media has picked up the story that the Laundries would not answer calls from Gabby's family and sensationalizes it. Their attorney tells them to remain silent and they give the attorney's card to LE when LE shows up at their door. The Laundries may well have been caught like deer in the headlights. The press goes wild and vilifies the Laundries. Brian is not saying anything and goes off for a hike. People are demanding he say where Gabby is but he is not home so the attorney says he advised BL to remain silent. Next thing the Laundries know the press and protestors are camped out in front of their house. I just wonder if this theory is closer to what actually happened.
They were talking to SB way before the 11th. They knew and they knew shortly after Brian returned on the 1st IMO. Also, they were home on the 10th and 11th. SB was tlaking to them as well as the FBI, as per Ashleigh Banfield last night.

Water levels at Myakka.
USGS.02298830.31758.00065..20210701.20211023..0..gif
Sorry this is the right post (I don't know how I do this over and over).
I don't know what I'm looking at. Is the red line the ground? Because from the video and photos it does not appear to have been the flooded mess the 2nd and 3rd week of September that it eventually became. MOO

Last edited:
It does seem remarkable that as soon as the park and reserve open up, items of BL and remains are found after such an extensive search, and found by LE and the parents. However, I think that since the parents probably knew some of BL's favorite spots, they would check those, and since the place where the remains and personal items were found was until recently underwater, it's what happened. Here's what the FBI and NPPD said:

The remains and items were "found in an area that up until recently have been underwater," per MM at the FBI press conference.

"That area was searched multiple times, but mostly with airboats," JT, NPPD's PIO, said.

I agree with what you are stating, and the article s you attached help with that argument. The water level chart a few posts back is also quite revealing data.

I feel that the Laundries just knew deep in their souls that he was in there, and he was dead.

I feel that one relatively ironic fact is how close he actually was to his car. My guess is that LE and the L's felt he was much deeper into the swamp.

But I have a funny guess that Brian knew what he was going into the swamp to do, and he actually decided to be closer to the car so it wouldn't be sooo hard to find him, and therefore, not as hard on his parents.

funny how some things just don't turn out the way you think...............

I was watching Joe Scott Morgan (death investigator) & he said, to my surprise, it would only take about a week for BL's body to be in that state. I'm going to find the link, will edit to add momentarily...
MOO (as I also heard by others similarly) bc of the heat and humidity. MOO So, yeah, it seems the skeletal state doesn't tell us he's been dead for 6 weeks. We have to wait for the forensic analysis of the anthropologist. MOO

I’m looking forward to your link. I read an article that said in as little as 3 days a body can become a skeleton depending on the conditions. But now i can’t find the article and I’ve wanted to read it again.

Im replying to myself because i finally found the article. I will warn you there are images of decomposing bodies, so do not click if this bothers you. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6474513/
I
mage 10 is the one i was thinking of, the body was bones in a few days.

Every article I've found has said the same. Especially in a swamp. Bacteria, warm water, scavengers, the list goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member