Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else catch it? Ugh…I had to answer my phone.

ETA-typo

Last edited:
My guess is that those theft charges were charges to hold him, and LE were planning to charge Brian with murder ?
And, he knew LE had him dead to rights ?
Imo.

BL must have known sooner or later the FBI would come to arrest him. Maybe wanted to get out of dodge before charges were filed, maybe planned to stay hiding until things smoothed over? Maybe not maybe did go with only one intention.

Just my opinion but I'm convinced BLs parents knew exactly where he was from the very beginning and perhaps stayed in touch with him for awhile with a burner phone. Maybe the calls suddenly stopped. It seems obvious since he was skeletonized that he had deceased for awhile. I wonder how long he was dead before the flooding occurred. Could his body have been recovered intact if he was found sooner?
They did not seemed concerned about his welfare at all IMO. They were very disinterested and took no active role in finding him until weeks later. MOO

My guess is that those theft charges were charges to hold him, and LE were planning to charge Brian with murder ?
And, he knew LE had him dead to rights ?
Imo.
Do you know how to get this day by day for September?

Maybe, if he was somehow aware of the news after 9/13. Phone? Radio? jmo
I've wondered if he took an AM radio and some batteries in there with him. I've also wondered if he stopped at any stores that morning, and if he did, is there video? I suppose LE knows that, but they sure aren't telling us. jmo

Yeah, I can see a scenario where SB says something like, if you plead guilty to X*, you will only get X* years, & the DP will be off the table. & BL loses it. I can only imagine that he would have no idea that self-defense wouldn't hold up well (with this cause of death) &/or that the death penalty could be on the table (in addition, of course, to him probably assuming she'd never be found/he'd never be linked).

Every word here is speculation on my part, so big JMO!

*Using X/asterisks above because I don't want to insert real numbers & give the impression these are facts or real possible sentence durations.
Wouldn't it be cool to hear what SB and the FBI talked about on the 12th.

Yes but in my opinion he didn’t immediately kill himself. I don’t think we’ll ever know when exactly he died but I think sometime between 9/13 and 9/19 when Gabby was found or even a bit later are pretty reasonable guesses based on what we’ve heard the condition of his remains were. Moo
We'll have to wait and see what the forensic anthropologist can make of it. I'm not convinced quite yet he killed himself. Also very curious to know if and to what extent there was a camp setup.

Yes but in my opinion he didn’t immediately kill himself. I don’t think we’ll ever know when exactly he died but I think sometime between 9/13 and 9/19 when Gabby was found or even a bit later are pretty reasonable guesses based on what we’ve heard the condition of his remains were. Moo
Mine either. This will change for me if the forensics tell us otherwise (i.e. DOD 9/13 or 9/14). But I don't know how narrow they will be able to get that timeline. MOO

My opinion is that he wanted to get away from the questions coming at him from all sides, ie guilt and pressure to explain things. Likely from his parents, SB, GB’s parents, maybe CaL. I think he went to CR planning to lay low for a few days and wait it out but was still either in communication with someone/his parents or connected to the internet. He took the gun mainly for protection from wildlife but I think suicide was always a possibility. I think he was alive in CR for a few days, maybe even up until Gabby was found. At that point he knew his life was over so he killed himself. I do think he shot himself and the gun has been found. I can’t imagine reopening the reserve so quickly if they know there’s a missing gun out there. This is also why his parents didn’t report him missing at first, they were hoping he’d be home in a few days. All MOO
I am also leaning toward the suicide by gun theory. The news tonight mentioned that they have a partial skull, which (in my opinion) might be likely if he shot himself. But I realize this could also occur from wildlife scavenging.

Law enforcement had also searched in the area and yet they did not find anything after multiple days of searching. However, the L's on the other hand, went there one time and in less than an hour found his bag which led LE to the backpack and remains shortly after in the same area. Too much of a coincidence IMO.

It does seem remarkable that as soon as the park and reserve open up, items of BL and remains are found after such an extensive search, and found by LE and the parents. However, I think that since the parents probably knew some of BL's favorite spots, they would check those, and since the place where the remains and personal items were found was until recently underwater, it's what happened. Here's what the FBI and NPPD said:

The remains and items were "found in an area that up until recently have been underwater," per MM at the FBI press conference.

"That area was searched multiple times, but mostly with airboats," JT, NPPD's PIO, said.

I think about the parents. Where are their friends? Where are their friends comforting them, while Brian was missing? Where are their friends consoling them while they are grieving? Where are the meal deliveries and flowers friends send during these difficult times? Why aren't friends visiting? Do any of the Laundries have friends?
Several sympathy arrangements have been delivered to the Laundries.
Chris Laundrie hammers 'no trespassing' sign into lawn after police confirmed remains belong to son | Daily Mail Online

I was watching Joe Scott Morgan (death investigator) & he said, to my surprise, it would only take about a week for BL's body to be in that state. I'm going to find the link, will edit to add momentarily...
Thanks! I had no idea it would be that quick.

Water levels at Myakka.
USGS.02298830.31758.00065..20210701.20211023..0..gif

thank you very much. This is very telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann