Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was right where they said he was but tons of searchers had already covered that area thoroughly. So the question is why did the parents find him there when countless before them didn’t find him there?
Because that part had been under water before . IMO that area should have been searched again after the water receded before it was opened to the public.

I just have to say, frankly, that I have been on the side of Brian's parents from day 1. They have been thrust into the spotlight but we just don't know what they were told and when. They have been absolutely crucified by the media.

Just answering the phone when Gabbys parents called would have been the right thing to do. They chose not to. Totally ignored them. They chose to be heartless in the eyes of the world. Nothing will change that now.
Yes, their attorney probably told them to ignore Gabbys family. The fact that they did do speaks volumes…..reap what you sow, Laundries
MOO

Welp, I was obviously wrong. I really thought things would have calmed down. MOO

I was gonna say, "aw jeez, making liars out of me...".

Though I really do imagine that the protestors are giving the police grounds to arrest themselves at this point. What do they think, the parents will just start screaming long strings of answers at them now? :rolleyes:

That's 'cos a retainer is debited against services and time billed.

If she's not doing any work for you she's not spending your money, although periodically legal accounting will go through records and suggest that you should be reimbursed some or all of the retainer after a certain amount of time has passed (they don't want to be sued by someone complaining their money was being held hostage for long periods of time).

It is that way for most people but that’s not the type of attorney/client relationship we have. I do not pay her upfront. She does her job and I pay her or she says, don’t worry about it.

Who knows how long? But in order to commit suicide , it takes a certain mindset so writing his thoughts or drawing pictures depicting his frame of mind in the meantime makes sense to me. It does not seem as if he was hiking, it appears to me that he was just hiding.
Wonder why not just do his thinking at home. Such an odd story.

Tbh, I didn't delve too deep into his privilege arguments bc, well, tbh, I don't buy them. At all. I think he was contacted before BL arrived home. I think he may have done occasional work for them on their properties and maybe even reviewing a few juicer licensing agreements, etc. I don't buy that he is the FAMILY attorney for decades. I don't believe drafting agreements or handling a closings here and there (if at all) gives you attorney/client privilege for a client's son's possible murder indictment. I just don't buy it, so I stopped paying attention to him on this point a long time ago. This is JMO Not fact.
bbm
Same here. It's a weird "thing" the family has goin' on with SB.
He can't keep his mouth closed nor can he hide his utter disdain for all things. The smartest guy in the room. It's his shtick. <shudder>

maybe this is what was discussed in Orlando?

Do joint defense agreements have to be in writing?
Although joint-defense agreements can be formed orally, a joint-defense agreement should always be in writing and reviewed with and signed by the client. United States v. Stepney, 246 F.Jul 21, 2016

guess if BL did not sign off, it will not matter now, IMO

This may be my last post because I may die from the rocks thrown or be in Time Out!! But I gotta say this!!
This crime can never be sleuthed here because WS has said this is GP's thread. I agree and I understand, but there are two sides to every story. If we are only sleuthing BL, we aren't taking into account the whole scenario. We aren't discussing their relationship, her parents and home life, or what books she read, any aspects of their life together. I have lots of questions that can't be asked here. I understand this, but I see blame and assumptions not based on facts. It's not a true picture of these two young people. I'm just not ready to place blame anywhere. I just am waiting for the truth to come out. Maybe BL needs his own thread or maybe I need to find a forum where the case can be discussed in its entirety. If there is one, please pass it on to me.
BBM
IIRC, when JP was pleading for info when Gabby was missing, a journo asked about the relationship between BL & GP. JP became very impatient and said he wasn't there to discuss their relationship but to find Gabby.
Focus on finding Gabby.
He was right.
It did make me wonder if JP knew the relationship was troubled although later he said that he though BL was a nice boy and thought Gabby would be safe with him.
Beyond the perfect vanlife Gabby depicted on sm, I don't think the family wants their relationship publicly dissected.
I agree, I would like to know more of the positive aspects of Gabby's life.
This entire case is so dark.
Gabby was a ray of light.

ETA - IIRC there was discussion here of making a different thread for BL so Gabby's thread wouldn't turn into BL's thread.
IDK why that wasn't done.
jmho

It is that way for most people but that’s not the type of attorney/client relationship we have. I do not pay her upfront. She does her job and I pay her or she says, don’t worry about it.

thanks for clarification! Mostly I was trying to get across the principle that the client/attorney relationship is not often specifically "broken" at any point in time; and in many firms and solo practitioner's offices, doesn't even need to be periodically reaffirmed. It's just, "they are my lawyer", as it costs the lawyer nothing to keep you around; and to effect an attorney/client divorce, one or the other of them would have to specifically ask for it to be so severed. "We've decided to go with a different attorney", so on, and so forth; and far more likely that an attorney like SB has these type of open-ended service arrangements. Conversely, mid- to large-sized law firm retainer agreements/letters would be more likely to specifically outline limited parameters and terms of the relationship, "to effect the merger of Widgets Inc. with Doohickeys USA"; "to broker a client agreement with Bertelsmann as author/musician/what-have-you", etc.

He was right where they said he was but tons of searchers had already covered that area thoroughly. So the question is why did the parents find him there when countless before them didn’t find him there?
Because that part had been under water before . IMO that area should have been searched again after the water receded before it was opened to the public.

Yes, it wasn't the AB interview. It was prior. But I got tired of looking for a link so I deleted the post.

Chris Cuomo was referencing "a source close to the Laundrie" family on October 6th (maybe 7th) and I think anyone following this case even casually had a strong conclusion about who that "source close to the Laundrie family" likely was. Perhaps the conversation you are looking for is on Chris' social media. Sorry to be cryptic I'm trying not to run afoul of the posting guidelines here.

I wasn't remotely on their side initially. In all honesty, I thought the worst of them. My opinion has changed over these past few weeks with so many threads of discussion and endless media reports. I tend to check in with myself a lot and try to put aside my emotional reaction and lean into the facts as presented. And sometimes it comes down to remaining curious. I'm still very curious.

I do have questions, but I believe the Laundries got caught between a rock and a hard place. And I imagine BL wasn't always easy to handle. I suspect a lot more, but I'll leave it there. I hope the Laundries eventually shed some light on Brian and what led up to this. I know they don't have to, but it might serve them well and help everyone else affected by this tragic series of events to heal.

MOO.

IMO it is quite possible that BL was not always easy for the parents to handle. It seems as if the parents had not lived with him for two years if Gabby and Brian were living in the condo and before that they shared the house in Florida with Cassie and her husband. But how well did they really know him during the last two years?

I suspect that TPTB were putting pressure on to stop spending so much time and resources in an area that was yielding nothing.
jmho

bbm
Same here. It's a weird "thing" the family has goin' on with SB.
He can't keep his mouth closed nor can he hide his utter disdain for all things. The smartest guy in the room. It's his shtick. <shudder>
Why would one choose to keep a hothead with a chip on his shoulder as the public face of the defense for a potential DV murder case?

My opinion too, I gave the parents the benefit of the doubt that they did not find out until the 10th or 11th, did not have time to process everything before Brian disappeared. I now don’t think that’s the case at all. It appears to me they were hoping her body would not be found, waiting to see what direction LE went with the case, evidence, etc. MOO

I agree. The BL family bike rides, s'mores, lawn mowing, normal life all happened before JP's phone message about going to "call the cops" 10th/11th. After JP's message BL's parents tried to get the truth-real or imagined-out of BL. BL is upset bc he's caught in his own lies/BL parents, beside themselves, call SB. BL takes a hike.
MOO
Personally I struggle to find sympathy for ChL + RL. What I need to see is how they handle Gabby's parents now. If I heard RL called the Petitio family or arranged through LE to gave answers to them, my feelings about the Laundries would change for the better. The public doesn't need to know/but Gabby's parents do. It is still a wait-and-see-world. MOO

WFLA reported a few hours ago that CL placed No Trespassing signs along the perimeter of the L's lawn.
I wonder why they didn't do that a month ago?

I'm glad they finally did. I have been told here in Los Angeles by local sheriffs that without no trespassing signage they are limited in what they can do. Once signs are posted, trespassers can be arrested. I'm not sure how LE handles this there in North Port, but I imagine it's about the same.

MOO.

ETA: WFLA story link

Brian Laundrie: ‘No Trespassing’ signs placed along family’s North Port home | WFLA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member