Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:
For those who think that there are two people involved in this atrocity, do you think that these potential people are of the same sex, or one male and one female?
Just wondering, and NOT trying to speculate or start rumors!!
IMO male with female covering for him in some way.

Why hasn’t LE divulged what FSG’s name is? Does he even exist? Why are there so many unknown, unnamed people surrounding this case?
Moo-ing here, I find it very bizarre that there is so much unknown about Abby & Libby’s case. Through my eyes and POV it seems like they have little interest in solving this case, and/or the person(s) responsible are of some importance/pedigree (for lack of a better term), and are somehow, in some way, shape, form or fashion invincible to the law. Maybe because they are the law???!? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MOO, moo, cow.
Family has confirmed FSG (flannel shirt guy) exists.
I do not believe BG is LE however would have the means/knowledge to impersonate LE.

Is the "arguing couple" connected to the crime in any way? FSG mentioned them but I don't remember if they were identified. Could someone have lied?

I find it interesting that I've never heard ANY witness state they saw Abigail and Liberty on the trails that day and the last person to see them - besides the killer, obviously - is apparently Liberty's sister when she dropped them off. (Of course, it is possible LE has found a witness who did see them but for a reason or reasons that deem it essential to the investigation they kept it under wraps.) So I find it interesting that have one witness who heard an arguing couple, but did not see Abigail and Liberty. If we go on ISP 1st Sgt Holeman's statement at CrimeCon the original sketch came from multiple witnesses. So we more than one witness who saw this unidentified man on the trails that day. Since we apparently don't have a witness or witnesses that saw the murder or a person at the crime scene area this sketch was likely arrived at by process of elimination by LE trying to ID everyone on the trails that day. IOW, we have a sketch produced from more than one witness that saw this man that day, but no witnesses who saw Abigail and Liberty? (This assumes they were all describing the same man.) I don't what to make of this with a witness or witnesses who saw the unidentified man and apparently no witnesses stating they saw Abigail and Liberty.

I guess this just fuels my doubt that if Abigail and Liberty might have not been seen by witnesses that day, did the killer enter the trails that day, commit the murders and left without being seen? IOW, is the man in either of these sketches only connection to the crime is that he merely has not been identified? I firmly believe the man in Liberty's video IS the killer. I just don't get the warm and fuzzy feeling that either sketch is definitely of the killer. And to get back to your discussion, my train of thought here assumes none of the witnesses lied and it is still confusing to me with that assumption.
FSG reports to DG that he heard a couple arguing at the bridge. So so important is this was at the crime scene and the time of the murders, IMO what FSG heard is absolutely relevant and vital. IMO and speculating, FSG could have absolutely heard BG and the girls and the arguing couple simply doesn't exist. Again cause no one thinks a double murder of two children is what I'm actually hearing. Yet someone who would benefit from there being an arguing couple says yep I was part of the arguing couple which provides not only an alibi for that person but also coincides with what another credible witness said making that person credible as well matching another witness. It makes them a witness not the killer until it's all caught on to.
JMO

The biggest case in the state and LE takes 6 months to release a sketch. Why? Because "witnesses" couldn't agree? And why couldn't they agree? Of course someone lied regarding the first released sketch or they wouldn't have released the second one.
JMO IMO MOO et al
ISP Superintendent Carter at the 22 April 2019 PC: "During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary, as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40, but might appear younger than his true age."

From the 24 April 2019 press release (signed out by ISP Sgt Kim Riley, not ISP Super. Carter) clarifying the new sketch:
Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches
"In the early days and months of the Delphi Murder investigation information was developed about suspect descriptions. It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation. Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:

- They are not the same person.

- The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation.

- The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.

-The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s."

"....new information and intelligence"? No explanation as to what that is. A new tip? LE revisited the tips and the related interviews and discovered something they missed the first time through?

(Of course, 2-3 weeks later, ISP Superintendent Carter would walk back the bolded 2 points in the press release above by saying "a sketch is not a photograph" and the killer could be "a combination of the two".)

As you point out that first released sketch takes 6 months. A sketch by committee? Compromises on the part of each of the witnesses? Different sketch artists along the way? And why was the first drawn sketch by ISP Master Trooper Taylor Bryant discounted early on? And Bryant did not take part in the first released sketch: Delphi murders update 2019: New suspect sketch, video released

Did the witness who described the person to MT Bryant take part in the first released sketch? 3 or 4 witnesses remembering different details led to the 6 month delay? I tend to believe that might be it. But your theory that someone lied is not one I can ignore.

The lack of answers leads to confusion.

Is the "arguing couple" connected to the crime in any way? FSG mentioned them but I don't remember if they were identified. Could someone have lied?

I find it interesting that I've never heard ANY witness state they saw Abigail and Liberty on the trails that day and the last person to see them - besides the killer, obviously - is apparently Liberty's sister when she dropped them off. (Of course, it is possible LE has found a witness who did see them but for a reason or reasons that deem it essential to the investigation they kept it under wraps.) So I find it interesting that have one witness who heard an arguing couple, but did not see Abigail and Liberty. If we go on ISP 1st Sgt Holeman's statement at CrimeCon the original sketch came from multiple witnesses. So we more than one witness who saw this unidentified man on the trails that day. Since we apparently don't have a witness or witnesses that saw the murder or a person at the crime scene area this sketch was likely arrived at by process of elimination by LE trying to ID everyone on the trails that day. IOW, we have a sketch produced from more than one witness that saw this man that day, but no witnesses who saw Abigail and Liberty? (This assumes they were all describing the same man.) I don't what to make of this with a witness or witnesses who saw the unidentified man and apparently no witnesses stating they saw Abigail and Liberty.

I guess this just fuels my doubt that if Abigail and Liberty might have not been seen by witnesses that day, did the killer enter the trails that day, commit the murders and left without being seen? IOW, is the man in either of these sketches only connection to the crime is that he merely has not been identified? I firmly believe the man in Liberty's video IS the killer. I just don't get the warm and fuzzy feeling that either sketch is definitely of the killer. And to get back to your discussion, my train of thought here assumes none of the witnesses lied and it is still confusing to me with that assumption.
I keep going back the Anna Williams video interview (not the earlier on Renner 360 one, that last one she did) where she says LE told her there were 50+ people at the trail area that day. Then I remember Libby's aunt and sister saying they saw a group of kids there. Add in the other older witnesses we know about. I get the feeling someone already known to LE in that 50+ there that day is the killer. I really just don't think he's an unknown. There was betrayal etched in the April 2019 PC. Someone's lies came home, literally, to roust. AJMO

The biggest case in the state and LE takes 6 months to release a sketch. Why? Because "witnesses" couldn't agree? And why couldn't they agree? Of course someone lied regarding the first released sketch or they wouldn't have released the second one.
JMO IMO MOO et al
I think the reason that second sketch was released was because LE found out just how many lies they'd been feed and believed. Someone besides the killer changed their telling of events and it shined a light. AJMO

I keep going back the Anna Williams video interview (not the earlier on Renner 360 one, that last one she did) where she says LE told her there were 50+ people at the trail area that day. Then I remember Libby's aunt and sister saying they saw a group of kids there. Add in the other older witnesses we know about. I get the feeling someone already known to LE in that 50+ there that day is the killer. I really just don't think he's an unknown. There was betrayal etched in the April 2019 PC. Someone's lies came home, literally, to roust. AJMO
bbm
This, I believe. Someone with a rather clean past and with reputation and maybe even "a friend" at his side.

When I think about hearing a “couple” arguing, I imagine hearing two adults raising their voices at each other.
IMO, a lot different than two very scared, very young girls and a strange grown man who is planning to kill them both.

Perhaps BG and only one of the girls argued. Because "older" men (possibly end of 20 yo) like to have young girls at their side and young girls often adore "older" men in that age range, it isn't unusual, if FSG heard an unequal couple like that shouting. Probably one of many couples, FSG had heard in that area on his walks. After all, it was a meeting place for young people and also adults (both of them all possibly in a certain state sometimes). I suppose, FSG thought nothing of it - until the poor girls had disappeared.

Quoting from @JnRyan’s post above:

“Of course, 2-3 weeks later, ISP Superintendent Carter would walk back the bolded 2 points in the press release above by saying "a sketch is not a photograph" and the killer could be "a combination of the two".)

And this is one of the big problems I have with LE in this case. They make bold definitive statements about important aspects of this case and then back off of them, stir them around, throw half of it back in and just muddle the heck out of things.
LE has shared pretty much nothing with the public, they have made it clear they don’t need or want the public’s help...except in regards to calling up and telling them who did this...so when they do actually share something, it’s big, and people sit up and take notice. Then they take that big important news and diminish it to nothing.
Please name one thing LE has shared that has been helpful to the public in helping LE solve this crime.
- not the video/picture. It took 2 years to even get that 2 second video. We need to see it all and if two seconds is all you have...say it.
- same with the audio clip
- not the sketches. What a mess, plus having no context on the second one renders it more useless than useless
- not the vehicle at CPS building. Two years later. What a joke. If they just found out, say it. Again no context.
I can’t even think of anything else they’ve shared.
I have a tremendous amount of respect for LE. My late father in law was an FBI agent. I don’t have much respect for LE in this case.

Millions of words have been written on this case and I’ve written hundreds, but I have come to the conclusion that BG may (mad as this sounds), be a one crime individual.

I think he’d fantasised about killing, possibly for a long time and something happened in his private life that led to him deciding to carry out a murder.

It could have been the end of a relationship, it may have been a significant death that perhaps meant he received a legacy, maybe even a house (if a parent died), that meant he had increased power (financial or otherwise), increased freedom (no-one would know if he changed in personality, no-one asking why he came home early or late) and the opportunity to almost start again, possibly in another location.

If he did decide to change his home location, this could have been the final part of leaving behind his old identity and reinventing himself in a new area. He doesn’t have to have lived in Delphi before and I personally think he’s living the other side of the country now.

It was said that BG knew the area of the murder well, I have always interpreted this as being of direct relevance to the scene which has been described as staged, with 3 signatures and very unpleasant and a lot of unusual physical evidence.

Killer in Delphi Murders 'Knew Area Well' Ahead of Abductions, Callahan Walsh Says After Examining Case

Former prosecutor in unsolved Delphi murders of two teens says they had signature elements | Daily Mail Online

If this was BG’s intended to be single crime, a lot of thought went into it. Because the location of the scene was in a wooded area on private land, not frequently visited, the scene could have been staged days before, or possibly even longer.

The ‘unusual physical evidence’ could have included things BG felt were extremely significant to the life he was leaving behind. It sounds a bit odd, but I wonder if it could have almost been like the contents of a memory box. This could explain why it was stated that it wasn’t like the usual crime scene evidence. It makes no sense to anyone else, even appearing completely random, but it meant everything to BG.

This stuff could potentially explain why he killed Libby and Abbey too. Why choose them? Why choose 2 people? Was their age significant? Was in killing them, he punishing someone who hurt him when they were around that age? Could it be the opposite? Could he have lost someone, a sister maybe, at that age and been blamed for her death, probably wrongly. By killing Libby and Abbey, he could psychologically be proving to himself that he wasn’t responsible for the previous death, because now he knows what responsibility for the death of a person is. Twisted? Yes. But he’s a double child murderer. His head is not a rational place.

I have criticised LE for releasing very little info, that could be helpful to the public. Some people say it’s a way of ensuring relevant facts about the case could trap the killer. But, could it be that essentially a news black out could be being used to lull BG into a false sense of security? If he thinks the police have nothing and the public are unhappy/angry at the apparent lack of progress made, he could get clumsy, even indiscreet.

The problem with this is that if he does indeed live hundreds of miles away, it’s quite possible that that area has in essence almost forgotten about this crime. It occurred the other side of the country and LE say it was a local or someone with local knowledge, so what has that to do with people in Alaska, Arizona, etc?

In this sense, he is living in plain sight. Given there have been 2 descriptions of him, each very different, if he moved next door to you, you may very likely not link him to the descriptions. Is he old, young, fat, thin? Does he have a limp? Who knows?

If he is a one crime killer and has ‘got it out of his system’, so to speak, then unless he tells someone else what he has done, he could get away with this. I think he will be caught, but a lot is riding on whether he can control himself and not carry out any more crimes. But also because secrets have a strange capability of wriggling free.

This is a massive burden he’s carrying around. He needs to keep his words and behaviour in check, hope he never sleep talks and keep himself well away from any police action. And he’d better hope anyone who knows him, in the past, present or future, doesn’t become a genealogy fan and if he has kids, he needs them to never be required to give DNA to the police.

One night he’ll go to bed and it will be the last time he ever sleeps in a house. So enjoy your freedom BG, because they’re coming.

ISP Superintendent Carter at the 22 April 2019 PC: "During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary, as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40, but might appear younger than his true age."

From the 24 April 2019 press release (signed out by ISP Sgt Kim Riley, not ISP Super. Carter) clarifying the new sketch:
Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches
"In the early days and months of the Delphi Murder investigation information was developed about suspect descriptions. It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation. Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:

- They are not the same person.

- The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation.

- The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.

-The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s."

"....new information and intelligence"? No explanation as to what that is. A new tip? LE revisited the tips and the related interviews and discovered something they missed the first time through?

(Of course, 2-3 weeks later, ISP Superintendent Carter would walk back the bolded 2 points in the press release above by saying "a sketch is not a photograph" and the killer could be "a combination of the two".)

As you point out that first released sketch takes 6 months. A sketch by committee? Compromises on the part of each of the witnesses? Different sketch artists along the way? And why was the first drawn sketch by ISP Master Trooper Taylor Bryant discounted early on? And Bryant did not take part in the first released sketch: Delphi murders update 2019: New suspect sketch, video released

Did the witness who described the person to MT Bryant take part in the first released sketch? 3 or 4 witnesses remembering different details led to the 6 month delay? I tend to believe that might be it. But your theory that someone lied is not one I can ignore.

The lack of answers leads to confusion.
Sounds like the Keystone Kops!

“Of course, 2-3 weeks later, ISP Superintendent Carter would walk back the bolded 2 points in the press release above by saying "a sketch is not a photograph" and the killer could be "a combination of the two".)

And this is one of the big problems I have with LE in this case. They make bold definitive statements about important aspects of this case and then back off of them, stir them around, throw half of it back in and just muddle the heck out of things.
LE has shared pretty much nothing with the public, they have made it clear they don’t need or want the public’s help...except in regards to calling up and telling them who did this...so when they do actually share something, it’s big, and people sit up and take notice. Then they take that big important news and diminish it to nothing.
Please name one thing LE has shared that has been helpful to the public in helping LE solve this crime.
- not the video/picture. It took 2 years to even get that 2 second video. We need to see it all and if two seconds is all you have...say it.
- not the sketches. What a mess, plus having no context on the second one renders it more useless than useless
- not the vehicle at CPS building. Two years later. What a joke. If they just found out, say it. Again no context.
I have a tremendous amount of respect for LE. My late father in law was an FBI agent. I don’t have much respect for LE in this case.
Boy is this a great summary. I’ve lurked here on this particular case- no time for 138 threads & still going. But I’ve watched every show, read a zillion articles, studied the sketches & the vid. And ita, LE has been mysterious, then bold, then backpeddling, then repeat. I hope one day this cycle makes sense. But for now frustrating for sure.

I raise my eyebrows at the claim he has local ties. Even if he never before & never again wore that “look” or walked that way, the voice is so distinct. If he had spent time there locally, someone- and I would think more than one person- would connect that voice. Bar, grocery, gas station, diner… Someone would have heard it. Also wish they’d run forensic genealogy on this one. They must have dna to work with. Imo

I agree that LE should release more of the video of BG walking and audio of him talking. If it contains either of the girls then have IT techs remove them. If it contains audio of the girls mute it out. I truly believe, if LE still has no clue who BG is, releasing every tiny bit you can of the media Libby managed to capture of her killer needs to be shown to hopefully catch him.

All that being said, I believe LE doesn't actually need to to that. They already know his identity. AJMO

Boy is this a great summary. I’ve lurked here on this particular case- no time for 138 threads & still going. But I’ve watched every show, read a zillion articles, studied the sketches & the vid. And ita, LE has been mysterious, then bold, then backpeddling, then repeat. I hope one day this cycle makes sense. But for now frustrating for sure.

I raise my eyebrows at the claim he has local ties. Even if he never before & never again wore that “look” or walked that way, the voice is so distinct. If he had spent time there locally, someone- and I would think more than one person- would connect that voice. Bar, grocery, gas station, diner… Someone would have heard it. Also wish they’d run forensic genealogy on this one. They must have dna to work with. Imo
If it was my child that was murdered and LE still hadn’t arrested the person after five years, I think I’d demand that they release more information to the public with the hope it may help in finding the murderer. Ugh, I don’t if a parent can do that or not but I just think about Abbie and Libby’s family members and I cannot imagine what this Hell has been like for them. IMO

If it was my child that was murdered and LE still hadn’t arrested the person after five years, I think I’d demand that they release more information to the public with the hope it may help in finding the murderer. Ugh, I don’t if a parent can do that or not but I just think about Abbie and Libby’s family members and I cannot imagine what this Hell has been like for them. IMO
The families clearly know more than we do. Publicly saying they absolutely stand behind and trust LE working on the case.

Last edited:
I think I would have hired an attorney and slapped them with a lawsuit. mooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph