Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said they had a partly decomposed skull and some other bones. That was the first day, then they went back to look for more. So it wasn't just teeth.

But if it was just teeth, they are the best container of DNA in the body, so there's that. But no, they said "decomposed skull" which usually means the smaller bones are gone (and the more delicate areas are damaged, like around the ear). Upper jaw is pretty sturdy, lower jaw is too - but could easily have been carried away by a rodent or other gnawing animal.

And you would be correct. First thing they announced is that they had a partial skull, then they mentioned teeth. Teeth are usually found in a skull for a loooong time.

Thank you for such a coherent and straight forward post. My head is reeling from all the sillies on the internet.

According to SB, he was officially retained on 9/11 for this matter. He did not say whether he spoke with the L's as a legal advisor between 1-10th. He just said that he spoke to them. If SB was smart, he would have said he spoke to them as a legal advisor.

ETA: He will probably argue that he did speak to them as a legal advisor since he has been their attorney for other matters in the past.

SB was emphatic that:

1. Anything he spoke with the Laundries about before 1/11 is privileged.

2. He was first involved in the case on 9/11.

I find it odd that he absolutely would not come right out and say he didn't talk to them about the case prior to 9/11. He and Banfield did this little dance where they belabored this point in great detail. The above is what SB stuck with. In my view he left himself some wiggle room.

I don't agree with what is being said on this board about privilege, by the way. A potential client gets privilege too, in my view.

Last edited:
They said they had a partly decomposed skull and some other bones. That was the first day, then they went back to look for more. So it wasn't just teeth.

But if it was just teeth, they are the best container of DNA in the body, so there's that. But no, they said "decomposed skull" which usually means the smaller bones are gone (and the more delicate areas are damaged, like around the ear). Upper jaw is pretty sturdy, lower jaw is too - but could easily have been carried away by a rodent or other gnawing animal.

And you would be correct. First thing they announced is that they had a partial skull, then they mentioned teeth. Teeth are usually found in a skull for a loooong time.
How confident would you be doing a match based on dental records if only half the jaw were present?

SB was emphatic that:

1. Anything he spoke with the Laundries about before 1/11 is privileged.

2. He was first involved in the case on 1/11.

I find it odd that he absolutely would not come right out and say he didn't talk to them about the case prior to 1/11. He and Banfield did this little dance where they belabored this point in great detail. The above is what SB stuck with. In my view he left himself some wiggle room.

I don't agree with what is being said on this board about privilege, by the way. A potential client gets privilege too, in my view.

I do believe you meant 9/11 not 1/11. :D

In looking at the many images of the front of the house it appears one would have to walk right in front of the garage light to get to the front door from a vehicle parked in the driveway.

Welp...I guess my security cams are crap because even with my neighbor's (across the street) garage and front door lights on at night, I can't make out who gets out of the vehicles and walks to the front door on the security video. If only I knew what excellent security cams the NPPD were using, I could upgrade my system!

Just be sure to save a wisdom tooth or prep to yank one tooth or fragment. If that's all the FBI needs, I really have to wonder wth is going on here. They MUST have a partial jawbone.
I was literally just by thinking about who gave the ME the dental records! Was it the parents? I feel like the easiest answer is that the bones belonged to Brian and they subpoenaed the dental records from Brian’s dentist. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dbm, accidental inclusion

The one witness that spoke out claimed, the first thing she noticed was Gabby getting up crying. She thought they were kicked out.

If this was the ongoing argument, it showed they were on very different paths. Brian looking at organic farms, Gabby pursuing an online influencer life. Very different lifestyles. And maybe it acuminated in the violence.

Something happened. I dont think Brian woke up one day and said: "I think I'll kill the love of my life today."
Acuminated. Thank you for my word of the day!

Last edited:
I really do believe this is what they were living day by day......... Radically different expectations ruins many many a relationship.

But your very last phrase "but their paths diverged along the way"..........

Unfortunately, they were stuck, together, in that box of a van......... so unfortunately, their "healthy paths" could NOT diverge..........
Oh... if they were only mature enough to realize what was brewing in the cauldron.....

Yeah, DH and I have said that about 20 times in the past week - they were just too young and immature to know. A lot of us were, at the age - and a few of us were more mature (kudos to those people - that wasn't me, I was hell bent on staying in a relationship for the sake of staying in it, because that's what I was taught growing up).
----------------------

I have an animal skull in my damp and exposed front yard and it's still there after 20 years...even a skull made of plaster will last quite a while in hot, wet conditions. Decomp of a skull is often mentioned when the muscles have decomposed and now the jaw is detached and. the ear bones are missing. You can try boiling bones for days at home (smaller ones too - like, say, chicken bones) and see just how long it takes to dissolve them completely. Then try, say, a cow rib - it's going to have to simmer for many days. Skulls are very sturdy. And on a scale of robustness, with 10 being "most robust male skull on the planet," I'd say he's at least a 7. Big boney prominence on his chin. Overhanging brows (way more projecting than most people I see daily) and...a fairly projecting nose. (from which, we suppose, the cartilage had decomposed - but not all of the bone).

There were animal bones in the area - also found in what was recently a pond, perhaps there even longer than BL - and the amount of definition on them is still remarkable. They could probably reconstruct most of BL's face if they wanted to. I do share Dr. Reich's concerns that they needed to preserve vegetation in and around the bones - preferably as much as it was in situ as possible. OTOH, perhaps...just maybe...he used a gun, in which case yeah, there'd be some skull missing, but CoD might be possible.

I'm prepared to learn we'll never know...I think that's what BL likely wanted. His parents might have a really good idea, but they are under no obligation to share it, nor will it necessarily help in the healing process for Gabby's family (I don't know, maybe it would).

I was literally just by thinking about who gave the ME the dental records! Was it the parents? I feel like the easiest answer is that the bones belonged to Brian and they subpoenaed the dental records from Brian’s dentist. <modsnip>

I have no idea who supplied his dental records, most likely his dentist.
Most likely his jawbone would be attached in order to declare him deceased.
I believe he is dead.
<modsnip>

Not sure if it's been posted recently, but here's a video of CL and RL getting home when it is dark and rainy from Sept 14

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1437932624534769668
The truck headlights are lighting them up, though, in this video. Do the Mustang's headlights stay on for a minute the way the Dodge Ram's do?

ETA: It's harder to see CL clearly until he steps into the light of the headlights, and even then that's with the light silhouetting him before he steps into the light.

ETA (2): ETA: Also, the NPPD security camera isn't going to have this same view, which appears to be at the edge of the L's lawn (very close up). The NPPD camera, from what I heard, was attached to a neighbor's trash can (so, a low view) and across the street (so, farther away than this view is). We don't know which neighbor's house the camera was at; if it was at the house directly across the street, or at a house on either side of that house. If at a neighboring house (of the house across the street), the camera shot would be longer, farther away, and harder to see and identify people getting out of a vehicle. imo

Last edited:
Dental wear patterns, fillings,wisdom teeth that have not erupted, root canals, crowns, implants, bone structure, etc... IMO it's close to a finger print if you have the majority of teeth either in the upper or lower jaw.
<modsnip>
MOO

It was pretty clear there as to who was who. Just saying' moo
Honestly, I can see the dad, but the light makes her image unclear. I could not see who was next to him, at that point, before we “knew” the family so well, it could have easily been missed. Brian wasn’t a POI at that point, there was not the current interest in the case, and if things are like most cities, crime is well above normal, so it wouldn’t be the only case they were working on. I wish we could go back, get him back alive, make him answer, I wish we could go back and bring Gabby home alive on the 26th. But unfortunately, we cannot. Best case is that people learn more about DV, and that the Gabby Petito Foundation can help save lives. Gabby wanted to be a you tube star, and as sad as it is that she was killed, she will be far more famous, as I believe she will save so many more lives. As her dad said, she touched the world.

Last edited:
Agreed - but I'm hopeful that they have most of the skull. Or maybe a long bone (drowning can be determined from one long bone...sometimes, I try to be optimistic but I am very prepared for there to be no CoD).

The only hopeful clue is that they said maybe an anthropologist could determine CoD (microscopic shatter marks? alligator tooth marks on the skull while skull was still...alive/fresh? could be a good hypothesis, but...proof certain? Probably not).

Nice to see you here, btw.
I'm hoping it was gunshot so that we have an answer and can put his death to bed. jmo

Mod Note:

To speculate that Brian Laundrie is still alive, or teeth were planted as a hoax, is not permitted. The FBI has clearly stated the remains have been confirmed as belonging to Brian.

Per the FBI:

https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1451302161690898435?s=20

#UPDATE: On October 21, 2021, a comparison of dental records confirmed that the human remains found at the T. Mabry Carlton, Jr. Memorial Reserve and Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park are those of Brian Laundrie.
@FBITampa
———
Partial remains found by authorities searching for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, were confirmed to be his after a review of dental records.

The remains were found in Florida's Carlton Reserve on Wednesday after more than a month of searching for Laundrie, who was declared a person of interest in Petito's disappearance before her body was found in Wyoming. The FBI field office in Denver announced that the remains were positively identified Thursday.

A spokesperson for the North Port Police told NBC News earlier Thursday that the remains were "skeletal."

Human remains found in Florida reserve confirmed to be Brian Laundrie, FBI says

I agree, I like to discuss alternative scenarios, to speculate theories, not to force a theory on anyone. I'm not even married to most of my own passing theories or thoughts. Some, I will be first to admit are outlandish. Of course, the FBI must have a jawbone, there's no way they'd declare him deceased with just a wisdom tooth or pulled tooth, they'd be incompetent to do so.
I enjoyed discussing this with you guys.

I agree! Everything is speculative when we don't have enough information to see the entire picture. I am interested in the possibilities but will not loose sleep over any of them :). In the end I think everyone just wants justice for GP and we are concerned she won't ever get it. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph