Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: not placing blame on anyone. A person’s decision to end their life is their decision. No one can be blamed for their action.

Been thinking about why BL took the time to drive back to FL, only to allegedly take his own life. MOO, he returned to FL expecting parental support. I think, after Gabby’s parents started calling, his parents may have started asking him questions. Then, when her body was found, his parents had an aha moment. I think there could have been and argument, disagreement. Maybe his parents expressed disappointment and encouraged him to turn himself in. MOO, maybe this is when the enormity of his actions hit him, he leaves home, upset, and makes his decision. JMO/MOO
I think we now think that Brian killed himself before the body was found? The confusion was because of the now admitted mixup when LE thought Brian returned with the Mustang on September 14th, but it was actually his Mom Roberta. I think Gabby's body was found on the 19th? Brian may have already been dead by the 14th?

Maybe. Though in some article or other posted here, at least one person from high school described them both as sort of loners who found each other. And she has not been described as having a large circle of friends, nor have we (I mean "I") seen where she was up on friends' social media or in touch with anyone other than BL, RD, and her own family.

This is certainly what I have felt....

When I see untimely deaths of young people........... friends, friends, friends, come out to mourn and celebrate a life........

As far as i have seen, we have Rose, a sortof friend of Gabby's, and some unknown high school fellow who knew Brian.......

From my own personal experience, I have tried to teach my children to be very careful if a partner does not have a number of friends of the same sex. It just makes normal more normal to me.

In the real world, anyone can be pushed to lash out. But from what I have read about BL he had a very slow fuse.
For example.
Friends of Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito speak publicly about their relationship: 'They seem to be pretty in love'

Usually people that leave their loved ones dead in the wilderness show a history of violence to the point where everyone knows he did it.
Welp, in my life, one or the other of those incidents (Moab/Jackson) would have been absolutely shocking and unprecedented, and to have two such incidents in a two week period (when one of the weeks involved the two being geographically separated) suggests a fuse that was lit, regardless of whether it was slow or fast, and leaves no doubt in my mind that he did it.

Well at the Piglet they were Inside I believe!
The co op outside!
Jmo
When they were in Moab near the co-op, they spent 6 hours in the coffee shop (on the day of the cop stop), close to the Moonflower co-op.

Could simply be a fall, an alligator bite, a bullet to the head, or the skull itself falling and hitting a rock. So much we'll never know.
Or as I have seen mentioned elsewhere, the police gator vehicles, simply drove over his remains, then submerged?

I think she may say Long Island?
That was my thought as well, once I finally found a video with audio that wasn't muted at that point. Like "out on Long Island" could be misconstrued as a multi-syllabic "California" but then I do think I heard Holbrook as someone else suggested, and that is a neighborhood near her Blue Point location there.

I don't think it was 6 hours at MP's maybe 6 hours at Moonflower...but we don't know if she was even inside Moonflower. Maybe just parked outside, or on a bench, as someone suggested. jmo

There are tables and chairs inside the Moonflower Co-op in their Datura Deli area - they serve breakfast and lunch and have to-go food all day.

I just re-listened a bunch of times. I'm not 100% buying that it is clearly California, but it sure doesn't sound like New York, or Long Island either. MOO
I think she said her license was out of Carolina, I couldn’t hear if s he said north or south.

Originally I thought Brian had a problem with Gabby spending time indoors editing when he wanted to go out and hike.

Now I’m thinking that he maybe had a problem with her doing anything that drew attention away from him.

MOO of course

but from their posts, it seems like he had no issue with them reading and chilling at a campsite, doing nothing much, as long as it was in line with what he enjoyed and it was an activity that somehow involved him.

But Gabby doing something for her, working on video or social (and taking into account her large following which was about 100k before all of this) I think he could’ve had a problem with that.

I know it seems right to express this for Gabby........... but quite honestly, I know of sooooooo many relationships that function "fine" based on this same scenario. I, personally, sense this with long long term couples......... one always seems to have much more control of the relationship. I so often just have to hold my tongue and bide my time, because "it works for them", t'aint me."

Of course we don’t know what happened here… We’re all kind if stabbing in the dark, trying to make sense of things that started, evolved, and ended in lives/minds of people we’ve never even met… In any practical sense, our speculations here serve no real purpose. I know that the reason I am here on this thread is because of my past and my fears and a human need to imagine I can make sense of things enough to keep myself and my loved ones safe. It’s not realistic, but here I am…

<modsnip>

IMO this seeming tourist trap of a restaurant could have been BL’s bouquet of roses for GP, and something went sour. Or the couple could have been having a serious emotional conversation—and maybe the staff interrupted it (for overstay, a water refill, to ask if GP’s OK, whatever). It could have been quite a number of things.

No matter what may come to light in the future—from BE’s investigative trip out west, the pages of The Notebook, or a well-researched true crime book—we will never ever truly know. Even GP’s and BL’s versions of these things were subjective and not identical—and those closest-to-the-truth versions died with them.

(Still here speculating, anyway… Not on the clock, but I really should get back to work!)

MOO BTW

Pretending overstay or some other “minor” thing triggered the GP’s tears.

luv you and what you are sayin'. We all speculate, because SOMETHING in all of us...relates.

Wow - Thanks, @ShadyLady! ;)
I had not seen this -- the young woman interviewed was very forthcoming and careful, as I hope I would be in that situation, to tell what she saw and heard, and no more.
Can you imagine being that little place and watching & hearing that display of anger and venom from that ~man~?
And the poor hostess and waitperson? Whew, I might have ducked under the table, wimp that I yam. I definitely would have tipped the waitperson more than usual because she had to endure all of that. Oh, my. SMH.
That just may have been the trigger, as I have said before, if the incident was discussed between G & BL on the way "home."

I just re-listened a bunch of times. I'm not 100% buying that it is clearly California, but it sure doesn't sound like New York, or Long Island either. MOO

Well........ this is a new little twist. I hope we get lots of interpretation of what she said. For what reason??? Who knows.

all I can be sure of is she says 'my licence says florida right now'

which is interesting in itself
Many vanlifers change their place of residence for tax, insurance, etc purposes. I just recently watched one where their whole episode was documenting how to do it as they did it. I think they chose South Dakota. If GP was thinking about extending into long-term vanlife it could be something she can as researching.

Or maybe since she moves a lot (NY, NC, Fla, anywhere else?) She just sees her state of residence as fluid and was just informing LE of that

I think she said her license was out of Carolina, I couldn’t hear if s he said north or south.
That would make sense, since Carolina sounds a little like California, and she had previously lived in NC, I believe. Imo

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that while, I too, would like to know BL's cause of death, I don't think it's a priority for LE at this point in time. MILLIONS have been spent on this - and there are 600,000 other missing persons, many of them dead.

At first, I thought they should have had a couple of different kinds of anthropologists come out to the scene and help them retrieve more of BL. But, why? Why bankrupt a small community any further...when there was enough to ID him? Why does it matter, now, how he died? It's over.

Case is over, must be shelved, and there are so many. cases where living persons might be found - or criminals could be prosecuted, and I see why LE is focusing on those instead.

To @EndoraXplorer

As to the tent, it is in a MSM interview with the stepdad. He spoke with the investigators/rangers at the scene. They pondered what they saw. I trust him - and them. It's entirely possible. We will never know for sure.

Presunably, the lack of other belongings means those were still in the van, never offloaded. If the tent was first put up and then taken down - and that was the only camping step taken, then it was probably early evening, which makes sense to me. They probably drove around looking for another place at first.

I agree that there was no computer use at that campsite (although it may have had weak cell service - reviews of the campground say that it does).

And no way, IMO, that Gabby sent that Yosemite text - she was too involved in trying to be precise and keep her bearings to make her Youtube channel.

And throats do not contain ribs...I agree there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph