Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
This story could be completely unrelated to this case, but it is interesting because the Laundries were camping at Fort DeSoto last month so I suppose there is a chance it could be related. We know about the empty gun case at the Laundries on the Friday that the Laundries reported BL missing. There was a gun that was found by a fisherman at Fort DeSoto on October 24. The gun is very ,very clean, has red and white twine wrapped around it to secure a rock to it. The twine looks new and clean and the gun looks clean, which indicates it was not in the water a long time: Fisherman finds weighted down gun in Fort De Soto

Like I said, it may be completely unrelated to this case or it may be related. There is no way to know until LE tells us.

And IMO the back of the van was full of stuff in the bodycam video

The bed area was still easy enough to access and use (in its collapsed stated). Keep in mind that it was built so that it could be pulled out and made lengthier (in which case, the stuff that was in the back would have to go into the front part of the van). Some people travel with a lightweight bivvy-bag to stick their random stuff in, if they need to sleep in their van, SUV or car (you just toss the bivvy up on top of the vehicle, the sack protects stuff from moisture and dirt). We have a waxed canvas bag that belonged to my dad, which is usually just on the floor of the back of the SUV, flat, but it's there in case we need to move stuff to sleep in the SUV.

It hasn't happened often, but we've been stuck due to fires or snow a few times and had to sleep unexpectedly in the SUV, so we have a rule that we always take sleeping bags or comforter - and something to stick random stuff into quickly.

Or there may be some pending issues. There may have been a complaint or a charge back made by either Gabby or Brian and due to that, the manager may be telling a story that coincides with the restaurant having done their job correctly.
MP had a review in August complaining of double charging a customer and refusing to correct the mistake.
Google Maps

The name is Gabriel Gil. Interesting and JMO.

Right now, all we have is circumstantial evidence against BL. The fact that things were not going wrong at MP as we had once been told, is Germain to their frames of mind at the time as this may have been the same day, hours before Gabby was killed. So, now we know, there was no yelling or screaming or upset. Nothing emotional at all, if the manager is to be believed. This was not the fulcrum of the events that led to Gabby's death as many have thought.

But we can't know that either. It would be easy enough for Brian to think of this as a possible near-scrape with LE - again. It's possible to theorize that the last thing BL wanted was to be handcuffed or incarcerated. I find it hard to believe that some emotion wasn't felt during this event. People have emotions at all times (the limbic system never shuts down), and I would think that trying to leave a restaurant without paying and then being followed by staff would cause a bit of a surge in adrenalin - and then, each person's brain handles that differently.

For all we know, they sat there stewing about whatever was wrong (wrong prices, wrong bill, bad food, 18% tip, plate sharing charge - we have no idea). I doubt it was a split second decision to walk out. If they did try to flag wait persons and no one came, surely that was a bit aggravating? Maybe Brian blamed Gabby for wanting to eat out. Both Moab and Jackson are marked by some kind of unusual and memorable event in the trip - sounds like maybe someone doesn't like towns.

Brain Laundrie update: North Port police chief talks about surveillance mistake

“What a lot of people don’t know, in June, Gabby and Brian moved out of their location and put a lot of stuff into storage and they changed their address and moved to New York and from there, they left for their cross-country adventure,” Garrison said.
This is interesting. Does it change on what the L's 'should have known'? It seems that from previous posts G spent hardly any time at all living with the L's.

So...if this is true, why is Gabby's mom asking where Gabby's stuff is?
Brian flew home from SLC on aug17 to supposedly move their stuff out of storage to his parents house. LE has said to their knowledge, nothing of Gabby's is at their house. As far as we know, G's parents have no clue where her stuff is. jmo

If any employee in the restaurant rushed after them (for not paying), I'd consider that a scene. Wait staff and managers don't hurry to the front door and follow other people - it would be noticeable (at least to me).

I think the accounts that include shouting and crying need to be inspected carefully. If Gabby was on board for not paying for the food (btw, you can't just tell staff that you're not paying and walk out - restaurants don't work that way), then why was she crying? Was that how she had managed to avoid paying for things in the past or otherwise gotten her way?

According to Brian Entin the waitress "followed them out." In my mind that is quite different from "chased after them." So yes, you can't just say you are not paying and leave. But to me that is what it looks like they did. It may not have been for the whole amount.

In any case, what I am taking as the important take away here is that it now appears Brian and Gabby were not fighting at this point. Certainly nothing major.

I think the original witness inadvertently injected a lot of anti-Brian bias into her narrative. Her interpretation of events was likely colored by the knowledge that Brian is the bad guy in what eventually transpired.

What we now know is that there was a dispute between Brian and Gabby and the restaurant, not against each other. This changes things immensely.

BBM: Just leaving without paying, for any reason, is Dine and Dash, lol. You don't get to order a meal and then make your own call as to if you want to pay. MOO.
You’re missing the part where I used the word “stealth”. I didn’t say it wasn’t dine and dash, I simply said IMO nowhere was it implied that it was stealth, as in they quietly snuck out or pretended to use the restroom so as not to pay.

Yes, not paying is not paying, any way you look at it but I was trying to make the point that they may have had a complaint that wasn’t addressed to their satisfaction and it might not have had anything to do with sneaking out because they didn’t have the money to pay for the meal. Wrong in any case, yes.

Brian flew home from SLC on aug17 to supposedly move their stuff out of storage to his parents house. LE has said to their knowledge, nothing of Gabby's is at their house. As far as we know, G's parents have no clue where her stuff is. jmo

Why would they move to New York without Gabby's stuff? They were going to return to NY on Halloween. This doesn't make sense.

Interesting. So, Brian may have told his parents that he had dropped Gabby off in NY before he returned to FLA.
Or, told them that she flew to NY. (Also. the possible sighting of G at Sig MTN was not at the lodge, but at the campground. so that blows my theory that she stayed in a motel or hotel) jmo

So...if this is true, why is Gabby's mom asking where Gabby's stuff is?

Well, since BL went east to take the stuff out of storage - I would assume that Gabby's mom would need to know where he put it (presumably, in his parents' garage). Since there's no evidence that Gabby's mom is able to speak to the Laundries, even if it was all still in a storage unit, she wouldn't know exactly where it is.

The van either contained more of Gabby's stuff or it didn't. We may never know.

If true, an example of a very emotional reaction to a situation they caused themselves. Why would not paying (by either one of them) cause Gabby to be so upset? Just pay and get on with your day. If this is the first time BL has ever done something like this, then I can see Gabby being surprised - but instant tears? Something else had to be going on.

If Brian is doing this all the time, how does Gabby not know? Maybe this is the first time they were caught...I find it very hard to believe that Gabby (the one with the credit cards and ATM card) doesn't know that they are habitually not paying. There are some pictures of meals in restaurants in Colorado - so they did eat out occasionally.

Anyway, I just don't see why this incident would cause mental blocks and distress unless something else was going on.
Because it involved Brian being deceitful to her (and others), simply, and perhaps she had idolized him to the extent that she could not conceive of him lying to her or others, and as such would not accept it, and went in and asked for the money back, because the only way she could compute the situation in her head was that Brian was not lying, and the restaurant must be wrong.

Brain Laundrie update: North Port police chief talks about surveillance mistake

“What a lot of people don’t know, in June, Gabby and Brian moved out of their location and put a lot of stuff into storage and they changed their address and moved to New York and from there, they left for their cross-country adventure,” Garrison said.
Actually, I am wondering. Does Garrison mean that they moved out of their 'rented' accomodation, put that stuff into storage, changed their address to Wassbasso Ave, went to NY and then commenced their travels?

This is interesting. Does it change on what the L's 'should have known'? It seems that from previous posts G spent hardly any time at all living with the L's.

I can't keep straight what all I have read where, and what is acceptable to post here, so IMO...GP and BL may have only briefly lived with the Ls in the Wabasso Street house. I don't think the Ls should necessarily have known much or been suspicious of where GP was when BL returned. Speculation only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member