Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
New tip emerges about Brian Laundrie's previous movements as FBI asks for public's help

North Port police confirmed to CNN that Baker spoke with the department before posting the videos on TikTok.

"Her account is plausible, it appears," North Port police spokesperson Josh Taylor said.

CNN has not been able to independently verify Baker's claims. The FBI has not returned CNN requests for comment.
At first I really thought she had picked someone up that looked like Brian, but wasn't Brian. I'm beginning to believe she did pick up Brian.

What I'm really puzzled by is why BL asked both hitchhikking rides to take him to Jackson. I always assumed he actually wanted to go to Spread Creek, and freaked out on MB because they were taking the alternate road, but then he asked the second ride the same thing.

Woman Who Drove Hitchhiking Brian Laundrie Noticed 'Nothing Extraordinary' — Until They Got Near Van

"He asked where I was going and said, 'Well, can you take me to Jackson?"

She told him she wasn't going to drive him there, since it's in the opposite direction from where she lives.

"He said, 'Well, okay, can you at least just take me down to Spread Creek?'"

FBI is not going to confirm nor deny....jmo That's not what they do.
It seems that every case I've followed here where the FBI was involved, the details are really hard to come by. Later, when it all comes out, it's shocking what wasn't made public. It's hard to connect the dots right now because we don't know the important dots.

I'm over the " attempt to defraud the innkeeper "conversation. That's what it was. No excuses. jmo
I disagree, but I'm sure we'll find out more as time goes by.

Influencer under fire for sharing Brian Laundrie conspiracy theory - follow live

LIVE Updates

1 hr ago

Gabby Petito Foundation thanks public for continuing ‘love and support’
The Gabby Petito Foundation, established by her family to assist the parents of other missing persons, thanked the public for their ongoing support on Saturday.

“I just want to reiterate how grateful we are for all the love and support,” the foundation said in a tweet.

“Every card, letter, kind messages, all of it, means the world to us. Together we can fight for change, our promise is, we won’t stop!”

North Port Police Chief on Brian Laundrie surveillance mixup: ‘Nobody more surprised about that than me’
Todd Garrison, the chief of North Port Police Department, says he stands by the officers who mistakenly thought Brian Laundrie had returned to his parent’s home days after Gabby Petito was reported missing.

Mr Garrison said “human error” was to blame for the mixup.

Brian Laundrie’s Instagram account appears to have been removed

What I'm really puzzled by is why BL asked both hitchhikking rides to take him to Jackson. I always assumed he actually wanted to go to Spread Creek, and freaked out on MB because they were taking the alternate road, but then he asked the second ride the same thing.

Woman Who Drove Hitchhiking Brian Laundrie Noticed 'Nothing Extraordinary' — Until They Got Near Van

She told him she wasn't going to drive him there, since it's in the opposite direction from where she lives.

Because the highway they were on eventually gets to Jackson he wanted her to head toward Jackson, but really wanted to have her stop when they got to the road that goes to spread creek. jmo

Maybe originally he thought about leaving everything there and taking off, but realized it would be easier to go back and use the van to get back to FL?
I don't understand why he'd hitchhike in the first place, which is why I didn't initially believe either person who claimed to have picked him up. It made no sense to involve people who might remember him, since he came home and would give no information about when or where he'd last seen Gabby. Why take a ride from people who might recognize him and lead LE to a place he had been?
Add to that why he'd ask both people for a ride to Jackson and it boggles the mind.

Yes am hoping that one of the posters comes back on to re-explain, I don't have the energy.

( Like you, I also thought JT's comments might be very significant, at the time he made them, because I'd spent a lot of time trying to establish how little time the couple might have spent in the same house as Chris & Roberta)
Ditto her comment to LE about her drivers licence wtte ' it's from out of Florida right now'
( may be reading too much into these things ofc, but the latter cld be signif)
A couple of other posters - Lee? - thought Fl was also poor for work options for young people & it looks like they're going to need* jobs soon

* How many followers did they have on their platforms, prior to the disappearance? Insufficient?
Wildly, wildly insufficient. Only a couple hundred followers, as I recall. moo

Maybe originally he thought about leaving everything there and taking off, but realized it would be easier to go back and use the van to get back to FL?
I don't understand why he'd hitchhike in the first place, which is why I didn't initially believe either person who claimed to have picked him up. It made no sense to involve people who might remember him, since he came home and would give no information about when or where he'd last seen Gabby. Why take a ride from people who might recognize him and lead LE to a place he had been?
Add to that why he'd ask both people for a ride to Jackson and it boggles the mind.
Yes, it does boggle. Everyone says it was to form an alibi for himself, but why ask to go to Jackson? Why make it some deceptive thing if he was ultimately going to ask them to drop him off at Spread Creek? It makes me wonder if he really did want to go to Jackson for some reason.

I can't keep straight what all I have read where, and what is acceptable to post here, so IMO...GP and BL may have only briefly lived with the Ls in the Wabasso Street house. I don't think the Ls should necessarily have known much or been suspicious of where GP was when BL returned. Speculation only
It's hard to say how long Gabby lived there. I'm sure she lived there for the duration of time she worked at the Publix store. Rose stated that Gabby moved down to live with Brian in July 2020. That's certainly not 2 years.
Gabby Petito's Friend Details Alleged Manipulative, "Rocky" Relationship With Brian Laundrie.

Other news agencies say she moved down in 2019, but that information all goes back to an initial report from the Daily Mail.
Timeline of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's road trip, investigation

And ABC news stated Gabby and Brian had lived with has parents "for over a year".
How the search for Brian Laundrie, boyfriend of Gabby Petito, unfolded

IMO, I think they had lived there for a year.

Yes, it does boggle. Everyone says it was to form an alibi for himself, but why ask to go to Jackson? Why make it some deceptive thing if he was ultimately going to ask them to drop him off at Spread Creek? It makes me wonder if he really did want to go to Jackson for some reason.
Good point. I wonder how many days they were in Jackson and if he was afraid something had been left behind there?

Wildly, wildly insufficient. Only a couple hundred followers, as I recall. moo

Thanks.
So that settles that then ( Hence the commentary on that 20/20 clip I linked on previous page)

ETA to be clear that settles the need for paying work in 2022. Unless @Hyway can add to that. Hyway had mentioned a total in stimulus checks, but I can't find it now

The only way it makes sense as an alibi to me is if he was hoping she would be discovered while he was away and could return to someone else having found her and could claim she was alive when he left hiking. But I'm ambivalent about whether these sightings were of BL or not. And if it was him, we don't know for sure if GP was already dead at the time. None of his other actions (using her cards, going to his parents rather than disappearing) indicate he was trying establish an alibi. It all looks like panic to me.

MOO

I don't think so. Waitperson wouldn't chase them out for an extraneous tip. But if the tip was included in the bill, that was what the customer owed. Period. jmo
How do you know the waitperson wouldn’t follow them out?

The only way it makes sense as an alibi to me is if he was hoping she would be discovered while he was away and could return to someone else having found her and could claim she was alive when he left hiking. But I'm ambivalent about whether these sightings were of BL or not. And if it was him, we don't know for sure if GP was already dead at the time. None of his other actions (using her cards, going to his parents rather than disappearing) indicate he was trying establish an alibi. It all looks like panic to me.

MOO
Totally agree.

MOO
I think he was setting up a scenario in which he would return to the van and find her "missing," report it to the police, and that when they found her, he was hoping they would buy the story that he was camping and that someone else must have killed her.

However, he may have started to have second thoughts when he really started to think through how it would all go down -- that if he reported her missing, he would have to cooperate with an interrogation (or he would immediately look guilty), that he would have to stick around and pretend to look for her, that he would have to stay for potentially a long time, that he would have to face her parents and their grief and worry... his parents would want to know what was going on, too...and he just decided it was all too much and that he really needed his parents, and he just took off instead, hoping that it would be a very long time before her family knew something was up, that her body would be gone by then.

Last edited:
Next question is did anybody, in the earlier threads establish whether their final California destination was real?

Whether it was established- from anybody other than Brian - that their final destination would be California?
( He tells LE 3 weeks on farm in washington & possibly another WOOF in Oregon, then plan to head to California)

& Re the WOOFs -is it possible to just rock up & start work & get your free bed & board? Do they operate their workforces on that kind of ad hoc basis?

However, in no circumstances in which I've ever traveled has it been impossible to simply get up, card in hand and approach the cashier, any server or the manager. Just don't sit down until they process your payment. If there are two of you, both of you get up and track down an employee - with your card in hand. "We've been waiting a long time to pay, we need to be somewhere else...
And a crying baby will speed up the process!o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member