Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of a very good reason for Laundries to call a lawyer and not return any phone calls to anyone per lawyer's advice.

They knew Brian was involved in the death of Gabby [never tried to hide the van], but Brian had not been charged yet, and they had a few more days with him. They knew it was only a matter of time before Gabby's body was found. And charges were brought.

And biggest reason of all would be, that their lawyers would have something to negotiate in a plea deal. Maybe even keep Brian off death row.

But, in the end I dont think Brian wanted to live any longer.

IMO

Last edited:
I agree that is really bizarre. The only thing I could think of is that she intended to schedule it to post closer to Halloween but it didn't work. I don't think Instagram itself allows scheduled posts, but I think there might be 3rd party apps you can use for that? JMO
Yes, you can schedule Insta posts on Hootsuite, or at least you used to be able to. I ran a political campaign and our social media marketing company used Hootsuite to coordinate and push out all of the SM to all platforms on a regular schedule. I don't know if that's what she was trying to do, but it is (or used to be) possible. MOO.

Here at about the 25:00 mm you can see that even the Laundries' attorney admits that he felt it necessary to call for "an ethical opinion" regarding BL's 'missing person' status ~ and what could he do [legally?]. SB and the Laundrie parents waited until the next day, when they received a call from the FBI, before they were forced, in my opinion, to declare Brian as a MP.
In this interview, the Laundries' attorney also says there were some pending matters [my words] that the FBI and Laundries needed to address. Please forgive as I don't have the patience to listen to the 40+ minutes again to give the minute mark.
All this to say, that there were questionable ethical dilemmas in this case ~ so much so that even an attorney had to get advice.
All is not cut-and-dry. Even legally, SB was aware that they might be close to toeing the line.

I have no idea. My point was more along the lines of we don't know for certain she was alone the entire time for that week in SLC.

Maybe she had friends online that she chatted with to keep her company whilst BL was gone?

Building up a SM platform tends to involve a lot of interaction with followers, and often you'll have people say, "Oh I'm passing through that area in a day or so", and you'll talk about shared experiences or locations that you both might have been to, plus exchange knowledge, tips on different areas for camping etc.

It's not completely unheard of for people to meet up, either. From the footage I've seen of Gabby on her SM she seems gregarious, friendly and social, so she might have met up with one of her followers whom she chatted to regularly.

MOO

Those are very good points you bring up. One thing I was always curious about in this case was that GP apparently (as far as we know) didn’t text with her one closest friend Rose over the course of her travels. I thought this was rather odd, given Rose was always someone she turned to when things were not going well with Brian and she even slept over at Rose’s place a number of times, according to Rose. Why then did Gabby not keep in touch with Rose with the odd text while travelling I wonder. From what Rose stated, Gabby was going to call her only on her birthday to possibly arrange to meet in Yellowstone. But no texts in between?

Are you referring to the pictures in front of the monarch butterfly mural in Ogden UT? Those were posted to her Instagram on 8/24. I'm not sure when they were taken though.

Login • Instagram
Who is the person wearing the hat and holding the phone in the last photo of the series? I believe it's the 7th photo.

Those are very good points you bring up. One thing I was always curious about in this case was that GP apparently (as far as we know) didn’t text with her one closest friend Rose over the course of her travels. I thought this was rather odd, given Rose was always someone she turned to when things were not going well with Brian and she even slept over at Rose’s place a number of times, according to Rose. Why then did Gabby not keep in touch with Rose with the odd text while travelling I wonder. From what Rose stated, Gabby was going to call her only on her birthday to possibly arrange to meet in Yellowstone. But no texts in between?

I've wondered that too. But I also wonder why Rose apparently claimed GP & BL didn't live with the Laundries. New details about home where Gabby & Laundrie lived are revealed by her friend

It appears they must have lived with the parents for at least a few months before their trip. The condo was sold in March so the couple had to live somewhere else. And the van was registered at the Laundries address. Maybe GP wasn't quite as close to Rose after the start of the year?
JMO

Who is the person wearing the hat and holding the phone in the last photo of the series? I believe it's the 7th photo.
Judging from what we can see of the hands and hair, I think that was Gabby in the photo. Very peculiar photo, though. I've never seen that happen with a digital camera, and you would think that someone who's as careful about their online posts as she seemed to have been wouldn't have let that one slip in.

We really only have Rose's word about how close she and GP were MOO

I've wondered who she was actually in touch with regularly, other than her parents. I've been sort of surprised that we haven't heard more about her communications with friends, but of course, it's possible that LE has asked them all not to speak with the press.

that seems an odd photo to include ....nothing like the other staged and carefully thought out curated images. I have not noticed that before, and it is unusual .
If they'd been taken prior and someone posted them from Gabbys phone it is not too far fetched to imagine that a photo accidently was included when selecting pictures.
I've done it on my own account. So in haste, an easy mistake.
It is not one of the sort that she appears to post ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member