Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, possibly. I certainly don't think we can rule that out.

Some might say, 'Ohhh but we would have heard about it if she had met up with someone whilst BL was away', but not necessarily.
  1. That person might have come forward to LE, and LE haven't disclosed that info to the public
  2. That person might not think their meeting with GP was of any significance therefore hasn't come forward
  3. That person specifically hasn't come forward for a reason
All JMO

if she met some one with whom she had a SM connection, there are probably email, text, phone records and maybe pictures or video, IMO, so would not be a secret

Iirc SB said sent to FA for DNA analysis. OF course, on the rest of your post, but my question was not about the reason of value of FA analysis. It was about the quest for DNA that been all over these threads and MSM.
imo if ID was completed by dental exam, no DNA double check is required.

Sorry to all, I was the one who asked about DNA identification of his remains this morning. The reason I asked is simple. I am known amongst my friends for being the true crime obsessed one.. and the number one question I have been getting from my friends is, “are they running DNA to confirm that the remains are all his?”. I tell everyone that there is no doubt and no need for DNA but… many in the general public perceive this as necessary because of all the twists and turns.. so that is why I asked.
Of course, I am more interested in the COD and the evidence.

The only thing we know for sure is that the van was titled to Gabby and registered in Gabby's name. That's what her father said, and I have no reason to doubt that he is more familiar with the situation than all sleuths except LE.

And the FBI said, on their original "Petito" website, that "she was traveling in a white 2021 Ford Transit van, registered in her name, with Florida license plate QFTG03 and decorated with a variety of stickers on the rear." (BBM)

(link to the online cache can be found here: FBI — Gabrielle Petito – Missing Person). Here's another source: A Timeline of the Search for Gabrielle Petito and Brian Laundrie

The van had Florida plates. So Gabby registered the van to some address in Florida, whether it was the Laundrie's house, or whether it was some other Florida address.

If the Laundries insured the van through their business, they would have known for sure to whom it was registered (likewise JP would have known if he insured the van through his business).

2021 Ford Transit van... thought it was a 2012...?

https://nypost.com › 2021/09/19 › gabby-petitos-abandon...
Footage of the 2012 Ford Transit was spotted on Aug. 27 by travel bloggers Jenn and Kyle Bethune and posted to their YouTube Sunday. More On: ...
Sep 19, 2021

If I were the Laundries and was not guilty of anything, I'd sue in a heartbeat. That kind of mob-like behavior can't be tolerated in a civil society, imo. I'm guessing they'd been cowed into submission, though, and just want to put this all behind them asap. jmo

If I were the Laundries I would sue my lawyer for incompetent representation. It was a conflict of interest to represent the parents <modsnip>
The lawyer went on a media tour and, IMO, completely trashed their reputation, and indicated their son was guilty of the murder. E.g. that they could not “recall” when he was last seen, or what emotional state he was in - he gave multiple conflicting statements to reporters on his “media tour”.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were the Laundries I would sue my lawyer for incompetent representation. It was a conflict of interest to represent the parents <modsnip>
The lawyer went on a media tour and, IMO, completely trashed their reputation, and indicated their son was guilty of the murder. E.g. that they could not “recall” when he was last seen, or what emotional state he was in - he gave multiple conflicting statements to reporters on his “media tour”.

Brian wasn't charged with anything, much less murder, until he was already missing. There was no conflict of interest at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe LE recovered the van on 11th September

Gabby Petito's disappearance and death: A timeline of events

It was located at the Laundrie home the night of Sept 11. It was towed from there on Sept 14

Sept. 14
Laundrie issues a statement through a lawyer saying a search for Petito is underway in Wyoming. The statement says the Laundrie family is “remaining in the background” of the investigation.

Petito’s family also issue a statement accusing Laundrie of refusing to tell them where he last saw his girlfriend.

The van is towed away from Laundrie’s home by police.

Brian Laundrie timeline: The search for Gabby Petitio's boyfriend (nypost.com)

if she met some one with whom she had a SM connection, there are probably email, text, phone records and maybe pictures or video, IMO, so would not be a secret
Her mom wouldn't say what specifically was in that last text that was 100% from her so who knows

Well, NCWatcher, I don't think I should have to consult an attorney before I answer a call from my child's fiancé's family. If I can't answer those calls and texts, it is my duty to find out the truth of why from my child. If they've just 'broken up' then I could still answer ~ it's the decent thing to do if her family is worried. They love her as much as I love mine. Why would I want them to suffer? Or even better yet, make my child return and answer their concerns. Not to call a family lawyer to try to 'make it go away.'

that’s basically what Chris Cuomo said on the topic, and IIRC he has a law degree.

You seem certain that data will be released.

There's no guarantee of this though, right?

LE are not obliged to release anything to the public, unless I'm mistaken..

MOO

I’d say it depends on whether or not any desirable information is covered via FOIA, in which case (IIRC) anyone can ask for its release.

Her mom wouldn't say what specifically was in that last text that was 100% from her so who knows

Perhaps the last text was nothing out of the ordinary and she wasn't concerned that it wasn't GP. It wasn't until the Stan text that she thought someone else could have been texting her (GP's mom) pretending to be GP and that is when she became suspicious. IMO.

Perhaps the last text was nothing out of the ordinary and she wasn't concerned that it wasn't GP. It wasn't until the Stan text that she thought someone else could have been texting her (GP's mom) pretending to be GP and that is when she became suspicious. IMO.
She just said something to the effect that it was the typical boyfriend girlfriend stuff

As I understand it, the first question NS had was if they had been in communication with the "KIDS", because she had no communication and was concerned about them. What would be a reasonable reason for not responding to that question? It was genuinely about both "kids". NS had no idea at that time that in fact Brian had been in FLA with Gabby's van for 10 days. jmo
Sorry I'm a couple pages back.
MOO
I'm trying to be reasonable/find a reason to give benefit of doubt to L parents for not responding to GP parents' calls, texts, emails.
I would ignore, "Hey I'm looking for a kidney donation, call me back."
Any human calling about a missing loved one--our kids, I'd return that call immediately unless............
integrity, unless my integrity prevented me from telling a lie to them. This is the most kind reason I can come up with to justify the Laundries' absence of a response.
Do the Laundries have that level of honesty, strong moral principles? We will probably never find out.

A Chicago Italian friend told me his understanding/origin of the word MAFIA passed down from his father. His story was that long ago a Sicilian girl was murdered, her father carried her through the streets yelling "Mafia, Mafia, Mafia" until everyone in town followed yelling the same thing. My friend said "Mafia" meant "my daughter". It was the beginning of the family. To some it is code to protect one's family whatever the cost. In NO way am I saying either family is Mafia, I am saying there are codes families live by -- protecting each other by any means necessary. I admire that on some bizarre level.

MOO

Judging from what we can see of the hands and hair, I think that was Gabby in the photo. Very peculiar photo, though. I've never seen that happen with a digital camera, and you would think that someone who's as careful about their online posts as she seemed to have been wouldn't have let that one slip in.
that post kind of gives me trollish vibes. like when you're in a silly mood and post something stupid that you find funny but upon analysis really doesn't make sense

That would be logical to travel as you described, but nothing about this whole thing is rooted in logic. It's a short distance and there are a number of ways (including Gabby's own van) she might have traveled from SLC to Ogden before 8/24.

My real question is "Why was a Halloween greeting posted on August 24th?" Maybe "Happy Fall, Y'all" that early....but the reference to Halloween is so odd to me!

It was posted to her Insta, which she used as a kind of journal, as do many people. Influencers then go back through their "reels" and stills and compile for youtube - which is where the money is (you have to have way more insta views that Gabby could have hoped for to get sponsorships there - it would have taken her a year or two).

But youtube, played properly, can start paying off...a little...fairly soon.

It was located at the Laundrie home the night of Sept 11. It was towed from there on Sept 14

Sept. 14
Laundrie issues a statement through a lawyer saying a search for Petito is underway in Wyoming. The statement says the Laundrie family is “remaining in the background” of the investigation.

Petito’s family also issue a statement accusing Laundrie of refusing to tell them where he last saw his girlfriend.

The van is towed away from Laundrie’s home by police.

Brian Laundrie timeline: The search for Gabby Petitio's boyfriend (nypost.com)

if the van wasn't towed until the 14th, where was it? it wasn't in the driveway or in front of the house in any local or national video from the laundrie home that has been posted here...there has been video posted here from 9/13 on...specifically, video from 9/13 has been posted here to show that the mustang was not at the residence at that point in time...the van was not there either...moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther