Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tho I personally believe that JP requested a welfare check for GP at wabasso ave and that nppd enacted it on 9/10, I have never found any evidence to substantiate my theory. It is frustrating to see it posted here so often as fact. The only evidence we have are the redacted police reports and call sheet. They do not confirm what the police calls were. All moo.

If I remember it, NS stated that they were trying to get in touch with the Laundries along with Joe Petito doing the same during the 10th. NS also attempted to file a missing person report on the 10th with NPPD and they refused.

NPPD did go to do a welfare check on the 10th and it was that day they found out Brian was back with the van in the Laundrie driveway. This information was relayed to NS by Suffolk County. I even remember NS stating that she nearly dropped to the ground when she was informed.

It was then on the 11th NS was finally able to file the missing person report with Suffolk county. The van was then towed out of the driveway at 11:00 pm that same night. Not sure how NPPD was able to do that, missing person triggered them being able to a warrant, or that because Gabby's was now officially missing, her van became part of that process as it was registered to Gabby and was considered evidence. jmo

Why did BL walk 16+ miles to Colter Bay on or around August 28? I'm certain LE knows when he was there. Why didn't he drive? Was he afraid to be seen in the van without Gabby or was he worried that he had some type of evidence on his body that might transfer to the upholster (the covering for the driver seat is missing when the van gets home)? He didn't strike me as a person who was interested in actual forensics or human biology, so he might not have known when products of decomp could be smelled on a person or a thing (most people don't know that).

I figure he walked to Colter Bay to take a shower. I think he took Gabby's ATM card and used it there and that LE had that footage very early on. Now clean, he tries to hitchhike back, but is overly anxious, doesn't realize there's a road to Jackson that doesn't go by the campground turn-off, etc. Apparently he did not think to procure a cheap paper map at Colter Bay (NPS has them for about a dollar or a person can study one on the wall for free).

He may have disposed of some evidence at Colter Bay as well - such as the shirt or entire outfit he was wearing when he killed Gabby. He may also have spent the night of the 28th there, which accounts for the hitchhiking on the 29th. If the tent had indeed been put up (or taken out of the van), that has to be put back in the van - it's possible he did that before he left for Colter Bay, it's possible he hid Gabby in the tent for that period of time (because people do walk up and down the creek area, it's scenic).

Of course, he then had a real problem with decomp issues (so he may have discarded more clothing and perhaps that's why he eventually realizes he needs to get rid of the seat cover). He may have purchased brand new clothing at some point.

I do wonder if we'll ever know any of this for sure though - I'm thinking maybe not, not unless there's a "retired FBI agent" in the future who wants to write a book.

Very good theory!

My frustration leaves me asking..."will we ever get answers?" Will we ever know what was in that notebook? Feeling like things are going cold and dark and that nothing or anyone will be accountable, even possibly Brian's last words.

IMO I think the case is over and they just tying up loose ends. If it's not over yet, it is certainly close to be over and the only person that would be held accountable in this entire mess is dead. JMO

If I remember it, NS stated that they were trying to get in touch with the Laundries along with Joe Petito doing the same during the 10th. NS also attempted to file a missing person report on the 10th with NPPD and they refused.

NPPD did go to do a welfare check on the 10th and it was that day they found out Brian was back with the van in the Laundrie driveway. This information was relayed to NS by Suffolk County. I even remember NS stating that she nearly dropped to the ground when she was informed.

It was then on the 11th NS was finally able to file the missing person report with Suffolk county. The van was then towed out of the driveway at 11:00 pm that same night. Not sure how NPPD was able to do that, missing person triggered them being able to a warrant, or that because Gabby's was now officially missing, her van became part of that process as it was registered to Gabby and was considered evidence. jmo
I remember and agree with each detail that you have presented except “NPPD did go to do a welfare check on the 10th” tho I believe it to be true. Without evidence, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree, and that’s ok.

(also i recall the van as being towed around 11:30, but I find that difference completely inconsequential)

all moo.

Why did BL walk 16+ miles to Colter Bay on or around August 28? I'm certain LE knows when he was there. Why didn't he drive? Was he afraid to be seen in the van without Gabby or was he worried that he had some type of evidence on his body that might transfer to the upholster (the covering for the driver seat is missing when the van gets home)? He didn't strike me as a person who was interested in actual forensics or human biology, so he might not have known when products of decomp could be smelled on a person or a thing (most people don't know that).

I figure he walked to Colter Bay to take a shower. I think he took Gabby's ATM card and used it there and that LE had that footage very early on. Now clean, he tries to hitchhike back, but is overly anxious, doesn't realize there's a road to Jackson that doesn't go by the campground turn-off, etc. Apparently he did not think to procure a cheap paper map at Colter Bay (NPS has them for about a dollar or a person can study one on the wall for free).

He may have disposed of some evidence at Colter Bay as well - such as the shirt or entire outfit he was wearing when he killed Gabby. He may also have spent the night of the 28th there, which accounts for the hitchhiking on the 29th. If the tent had indeed been put up (or taken out of the van), that has to be put back in the van - it's possible he did that before he left for Colter Bay, it's possible he hid Gabby in the tent for that period of time (because people do walk up and down the creek area, it's scenic).

Of course, he then had a real problem with decomp issues (so he may have discarded more clothing and perhaps that's why he eventually realizes he needs to get rid of the seat cover). He may have purchased brand new clothing at some point.

I do wonder if we'll ever know any of this for sure though - I'm thinking maybe not, not unless there's a "retired FBI agent" in the future who wants to write a book.
bbm

Do you know if people that walk along the creek usually stay on one side and not cross to the other side? It seems as if the cold water would be a deterrent to crossing over, which is odd about Brian and Gabby going across the creek to set up a camp site. I wouldn't think they'd want their shoes and clothes wet by the time they get their camp site set up across the creek. That time of year, wasn't it getting cold in the evenings and at night?

I remember and agree with each detail that you have presented except “NPPD did go to do a welfare check on the 10th” tho I believe it to be true. Without evidence, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree, and that’s ok.

(also i recall the van as being towed around 11:30, but I find that difference completely inconsequential)

all moo.

I've saved almost all of the news or episodes telling the story, I believe that's where I heard NS describe the 10th timeline. This was local news to me as it happened in the tri-state area NY/NJ/CT and it at the very beginning when the family was begging to find Gabby. But I could be wrong with that detail. JMO

Some of the confusion with the timeline may be due to the early reporting -
NORTH PORT, Fla. - Gabby Petito’s father was involved in a "public service" incident at her fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home on Sept. 10, nine days after he returned to Florida without her from a cross-country road trip and a day before she was reported missing by her mother, according to heavily redacted police reports.

Nearly everything but the time and address is redacted due to the open investigation, but the documents do link Joseph Petito to a police response at the home where his daughter lived with Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10. They then returned twice on Sept. 11 for follow-up investigations.
Gabby Petito's dad linked to incident at Laundrie home evening before she was reported missing

There also was information given during the Dr Phil show that may not have a MSM link to back it up.
Saving.
Thanks for linking.
Msm saying he was there.
I do wonder what the L.'s told him ?

Speculating -- whatever the interaction was, it did not go well. :(
J.P. must have been frantic.
His child was missing, and what was he being told :
She left and not to worry ?
None of his business ?
We have nothing to say ?

Obviously the police were called !

Pretty certain even if Brian confessed, the L.'s did not say she was dead.
What a horrifying time for the Schmidt's and Petito's.
Imo.

Last edited:
I also noticed the change of clothes AND time of day (daylight to dark outside). what leads you to believe that photo (I refer to it as #7) is from the same date/location? Do you have any evidence as to whether GP was alone in Ogden?
All moo

I think he didn't drive the van because part of the alibi that he was trying to set up was that he went camping without her, and she had stayed with the van (so that he could return to the van and "find her missing"). In order for that to work, he couldn't be seen tooling around in the van, or he would risk being seen in it on security cameras. All MOO.

What are you all thinking the COD will be for BL (assuming they're able to determine it)?
Exposure ...
"When the body of a person who was lost in the woods is found, it’s often said the person died of exposure. What does this mean? Exposure to what? Some may wonder how anyone could die of exposure during fall or spring, when temperatures seem so comfortable.

Fairly easily, it turns out, if the person is not prepared. Hypothermia can occur in temperatures as warm as 60 F, and heat stroke can occur in temperatures as cool as 80 F. All it takes to put one’s life in danger is to get lost in the woods during a cool, breezy night, or to hike too long without water on a warm, humid day."

all moo.

This isn't the original person that expressed 9/10 but it is the Schmidt's lawyer making the statement at the 3:15 - 3:30 mark.

I rarely use ATMs. Haven't for years. But when I access accts online using an app, I need a password and that's definitely not my debit card PIN. I'd never set it up that way and the PIN would be too short for a password and also wouldn't fit bank requirements at my bank. I wouldn't think BL would have had the PW too or else that would have been an "access device" if a PIN is. I guess one acct could have been set up as overdraft protection-- certainly didn't have that when I was 22 but maybe Gabby did. Back when I was 22 banks were fairly stringent about credit history as I recall.

Thanks for all who answered my questions!

JMO
U can over.ride the.pin number and it will run thru as a.charge!

This isn't the original person that expressed 9/10 but it is the Schmidt's lawyer making the statement at the 3:15 - 3:30 mark.

I’ve never seen this press conference, thank you. This is great evidence for all the folks who were debating the dates of the calls from the Schmidt’s and petito’s to the laundrie’s. And some other good tidbits as well

Photo #7 does not, to my eye, appear to match the interior of the monarch art market/bizarre. But I do wonder if it was taken that evening in a shop local to the market?
All moo

What are you all thinking the COD will be for BL (assuming they're able to determine it)?
I don’t think it will be able to be determined but personally I think it was suicide. I feel like he wanted to punish himself for what he had done so I think he either tied a plastic bag over his head or slit his wrists/throat so he would suffer. Wildlife did the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125