Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
My response was not an assumption buy very personal for a teen driving reckless and improper ID. I think the same was shared by @Warwick7. “Scared straight” does not work for everyone I am well aware.

I'm talking about the assumption that Brian would be alive today if his parents and/or lawyer handled things differently. I'm talking about the assumption that Brian's parents should have somehow known better and handled things differently. We don't know what Brian told them or what they told Brian. We don't know Brian would be alive today if they had tried "tough love." We don't know if that was even an option. We don't know when Brian decided to commit suicide or how determined he was.

why does the missing persons report for BL say Offense 1: MIP?

I thought “MIP” meant “minor in possession” (at least where I live, it’s the ticket given when you’re under 21 and found with alcohol).
Just struck me as odd. I’m sitting here trying to make up phrases… “missing [something that starts with ‘I’ person”

Anyone know if this just means something else completely in FL?
edited: MOO

My best guess is that the MIP being listed as "first offence" on the missing persons report likely means that BL had a prior charge under the age of 21 for being in possession of alcohol AKA Minor In Possession. If he'd had other offences they would be listed on the report as well.

"Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine" Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

MOO.

So that means there are two references to her not going outside, that we know of. It could be very significant.
Hmm. What do you think could be significant? This was a young woman who spent a huge amount of time literally outside, to the point that she decided to document and potentially monetize her outdoor experiences.

Hmm. What do you think could be significant? This was a young woman who spent a huge amount of time literally outside, to the point that she decided to document and potentially monetize her outdoor experiences.
Not OP but I wonder how much influence BL had on Gabby's want/desire to do the van trip. <modsnip - no link>
Could BL have coerced Gabby into doing the "vanlife" thing and then maybe she had the idea of trying to monetize this?

Gabby could have not liked any of this before meeting BL. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Police speak on probable cause of Brian Laundrie's death - latest

LIVE Updates

North Port police say no campsite was ever found in the Carlton Reserve

Gabby and Brian moved to New York before their cross-country trip, police chief reveals

North Port Police operated in ‘support role’ when Gabby Petito investigation was launched

North Port Police department did ‘phenomenal work’

Carlton Reserve warns visitors of ‘affected’ trail conditions

Does Brian Laundrie’s family deserve privacy?

It is and always will be the L's constitutional rights to remain silent and I would like to think that this is a right of all citizens of the United States, and it doesn't mean they are guilty of anything either if they refuse to talk. Do I think it's disgusting that they never returned Petito texts and calls, absolutely, but it doesn't change the L's rights to say nothing to anyone. May none of us ever find ourselves in a similar situation where we need to exercise this right. JMO

I can't like this enough!

It's human nature to wish the families would have come together, and as parents, we might say we would encourage our son to "come clean" and ease the agony of the Petitos.

But, in reality, we don't know what we would do unless we've faced down such demons. Heaven forbid any of us ever has to...

The only culprit here is Brian.

The Petito family and the Laundrie family are both victims of their children's toxic relationship. I'm sure both families are playing "What if..." What if we would have discouraged them from the trip? What if we would have flown out and insisted we drive back with them when the calls and texts seemed to indicate stress? What if we would have insisted one or both of them go to college?

The questions and second-guessing are likely endless at this stage, and my wish is that they find some sort of closure and, eventually, peace.

New details trickling out in Petito inquiry

Though people following the saga of Gabby Petito are eager for new information on the deaths of Petito and her former boyfriend Bridan Laundrie, the FBI, which is the lead agency on the investigation, has been totally quiet in recent days. The agency has made no official new statements since confirming Laundrie’s remains were found.

But little bits of information are slowly coming out – including the Sarasota County sheriff suggesting Laundrie likely committed suicide.

North Port police Chief Todd Garrison told reporters Sept. 16 that he knew where Laundrie was. That turned out not to be the case.

The Sarasota Herald-Tribune is reporting that Garrison said at a town hall meeting Friday, “As a leader, what do I do? Do I not tell the public what’s going on? Do we conceal it, cover it up? No, people want open transparency and honesty from their law enforcement officials. Yes, we made a mistake, it was human error, but I still stand behind my team.”

So far, the FBI has not released Brian Laundrie’s cause of death. and the investigation into Petito’s final days is ongoing.

My best guess is that the MIP being listed as "first offence" on the missing persons report likely means that BL had a prior charge under the age of 21 for being in possession of alcohol AKA Minor In Possession. If he'd had other offences they would be listed on the report as well.

"Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine" Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

MOO.

I suppose MIP on the redacted report could mean Minor in Possession of Alcohol. But I find it incredible a missing person report would contain information about a charge that could have happened nearly 6 years earlier and had to have happened no more recently than about 3 years earlier. I'm just not seeing the relevance.

While the name of the charge makes absolutely no sense (18-20-year olds aren't generally minors in the US) if BL had been convicted of that, why hasn't it shown up on his criminal record? We all know reporters must have run that and MIP is not a juvenile crime that could be under seal. And if he was charged but not convicted, then it really shouldn't be popping up on routine LE paperwork. Finally, when BL was 18-19, he lived in NY, not FL. Makes it even odder to see a NY charge on an incident report from FL LE (but not specified as NY if it actually was.)

Also though, if the NPPD thought both BL and GP had moved to NY, why were they able to take a report on BL? As I've said in other posts I don't really believe they had moved but if it's the position of tbe Police Dept that they had... Were they acting because BL had been seen in FL?
JMO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I agree that whilst GP may have been the legal owner of the van the trip was more of a "joint venture" type of partnership, we're in this together kind of thing, so the Ls could have had that assumption imo

ETA I think that is why the charges were bought for card use and not van theft, the van "theft" would be difficult to prove as BL had worked on the van and did most of the driving moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Lhttps://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-county/gabby-petitos-family-called-north-port-police-a-day-before-she-was-officially-reported-missing/amp/
This is the reason nppd gave to the Petito family, as to why they couldn't report her missing from Florida.

It makes sense to have the report filed where the person was last seen, since that is where you would start looking. However NPPD could have been more helpful in getting NS in contact with the appropriate agency to file the report. I assume it's relatively easy for one police department to identify and contact another, at least easier than for a regular person. MOO

Last edited:
Not OP but I wonder how much influence BL had on Gabby's want/desire to do the van trip. Her mom Nichole has stated that Gabby was "dependent" (IIRC)
Could BL have coerced Gabby into doing the "vanlife" thing and then maybe she had the idea of trying to monetize this?

Gabby could have not liked any of this before meeting BL. MOO
If you look at her pre-Brian instagram, she was always fond of the outdoors and, by her parents' account (during the memorial service), active and athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.