Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color me confused. Because the van was towed 11:30 pm and it was as new as a newborn baby case, how was there a video made? I've never saw it if it exists, do you have a link? I'd appreciate seeing this video. JMO
Perhaps you misunderstand me, or I was not clear enough in my post?

original postFound Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

@Forest_Wood suggested that these pics were of GP’s van.
I stated that they were not, that the pics are of a LE vehicle. If I was not specific enough, I was trying to say that these pics are from the day, 9/20, that the fbi served the search warrant on the wabasso ave house (not the day that GP’s van was towed from wabasso ave).
The wflanow to which I refer was the live all day coverage of the fbi executing the search warrant at wabasso ave on 9/20.
I am not sure if I know how to link a YouTube video, but I will try and and add it as an edit to this post if I am able.
Sorry if I created any confusion.
All moo, excepting links

ETA- I don’t have the skills to link the you tube video, but I was able to locate it in the media thread

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

LE van arrives approx 4:22 in the video

in retrospect, I think I was actually watching the fox live at this precise moment, but the above does provide the video evidence.

Last edited:
Here's a law professor explaining it better than I did:

"You might make mistakes when explaining where you were at the time of a crime that the police interpret as lies; the officer talking to you could misremember what you say much later; you may be tricked into saying the wrong things by cops under no obligation to tell you the truth; and your statements to police could, in combination with faulty eyewitness accounts, shoddy "expert" testimony, and sheer bad luck, lead to you being convicted of a serious crime."

source: A Law Professor Explains Why You Should Never Talk to Police
I'm always a little concerned when I hear someone say, "If you're innocent there is no harm in helping or talking to the police." Um, no. The police are not your friends and couldn't care less about you. They care about getting an A+ on their performance eval. The Chief cares about his department's solve rate. The DA cares about his/her upcoming re-election. They don't care if you go under the bus as long as they can mark "solved" on a case.

If you feel inclined to help or talk to the police, that's fine. Just make sure you have an attorney at your side when you do. jmo

They’ve had many many days to do the right thing since 9/10 and they still haven’t done it. That’s what most of us find unacceptable.

But why is that unacceptable? As parents the rules of engagement go out the window, parent's will always try to protect their children if they can. L's are no different, they hired a lawyer to protect BL. As far as we know right now, that's all they did. JMHO

I'm trying to put myself in the Laundries shoes, and I think I would have done exactly as I imagine they did.

Brian comes home alone. Naturally, I would question him. He tells me that he got into a fight with Gabby and she decided to go with her friend and will be back later. This makes sense to me as Gabby had talked about meeting up with her friend before and I knew her and Brian were having issues. I have no reason to try and verify the information.

I miss a call from Gabby's parents, and they leave a voice mail saying that she is missing. I question Brian. He is evasive and overly emotional. Worried, I call my long time friend and lawyer. He tells to me to not talk and emphasizes the damage I might do by talking. Shocked and fearful of putting my son at risk, I heed his advice. I believe that Brian is innocent but worry he is not telling me the whole story. His story about Gabby going off with her girlfriend is clearly not true.

I continue to try and talk to Brian and get information. He resists and I'm starting to suspect something awful happened though I don't want to believe it. I continue to follow my lawyers advice, as I don't have anything of value to say to the Laundries in any case. I don't know where Gabby is or even her last location. I'm scared, but still hopeful that he is innocent. My mind is going in a million directions and all I can do, is trust my lawyer and continue to pressure Brian.

After a few days of fighting with Brian, he leaves to go hiking. I try to stop him, but he goes anyway. It's the last time I will see him. My world is ending and I am helpless, confused and heartbroken.

They find Gabby's body. Brian is gone. I fear they will find his body next. I have nothing useful to say and am emotionally and mentally spent. The protesters and press are a never ending torment. I will continue to follow my lawyers advice. There is nothing left to do.

As awful as the L's were for not speaking up, they had no obligation, especially if they really didn't know anything.

But let's not make the mistake of thinking the parent's committed a crime, their son committed the crime, he was the only one who should have spoken up concerning this case.

The only other case where the crowds gathered a around parent's and protested, is Casey Anthony. The Anthony parent's committed no crime until the day Cindy Anthony got on the stand and perjured herself.

Other than not responding to the Petito's what crime have they committed. Their wanting to protect their child is not a crime, millions of parents have done this for their child even the worst of the worst criminals have the support of at least their paren

(snipped by me to respond to the response to my post)

I never said that they had an obligation to say anything. In fact, as an attorney, I understand why they didn't! I just said that maybe that they didn't care about GP's life. I also said that even with SB representing BL, BL did not have to talk. It is my opinion that they didn't care about GP's life.

I also didn't say that the parents committed a crime; in fact, unless there's more information pointing to such that we don't know about, I don't think that they DID commit a crime.

I never said that they had an obligation to say anything. In fact, as an attorney, I understand why they didn't! I just said that maybe that they didn't care about GP's life. I also said that even with SB representing BL, BL did not have to talk. It is my opinion that they didn't care about GP's life.

I also didn't say that the parents committed a crime; in fact, unless there's more information pointing to such that we don't know about, I don't think that they DID commit a crime.

I don't believe I said you said that, I think I'm getting so frustrated with the pitchfork mentality surrounding the L's.

If you took it as me perceiving something you said was incorrect and I was correcting, I apologize. This is why I'm beginning to distance myself from this case, it's getting hard to not get frustrated at this point for me. JMHO

It certainly wasn't my intention. jmo

I'm trying to put myself in the Laundries shoes, and I think I would have done exactly as I imagine they did.

Brian comes home alone. Naturally, I would question him. He tells me that he got into a fight with Gabby and she decided to go with her friend and will be back later. This makes sense to me as Gabby had talked about meeting up with her friend before and I knew her and Brian were having issues. I have no reason to try and verify the information.

I miss a call from Gabby's parents, and they leave a voice mail saying that she is missing. I question Brian. He is evasive and overly emotional. Worried, I call my long time friend and lawyer. He tells to me to not talk and emphasizes the damage I might do by talking. Shocked and fearful of putting my son at risk, I heed his advice. I believe that Brian is innocent but worry he is not telling me the whole story. His story about Gabby going off with her girlfriend is clearly not true.

I continue to try and talk to Brian and get information. He resists and I'm starting to suspect something awful happened though I don't want to believe it. I continue to follow my lawyers advice, as I don't have anything of value to say to the Laundries in any case. I don't know where Gabby is or even her last location. I'm scared, but still hopeful that he is innocent. My mind is going in a million directions and all I can do, is trust my lawyer and continue to pressure Brian.

After a few days of fighting with Brian, he leaves to go hiking. I try to stop him, but he goes anyway. It's the last time I will see him. My world is ending and I am helpless, confused and heartbroken.

They find Gabby's body. Brian is gone. I fear they will find his body next. I have nothing useful to say and am emotionally and mentally spent. The protesters and press are a never ending torment. I will continue to follow my lawyers advice. There is nothing left to do.
What you say makes very good sense and as I was reading along I was agreeing.

The problem is that the Laundrie’s did know something.

They knew Gabby wasn’t there.

Lawyer or no Lawyer I would have told them she wasn’t with them.

And it wasn’t one missed call. It was many, from different family members.

It is their callous and heartless reaction to the phone calls of an anguished family trying to find a loved one that initially set the tone for what was to come.

A simple, “she’s not here, she didn’t come back with Brian, we don’t know what’s going on”was all they needed to say. They chose to say NOTHING and that’s where it all went sideways for them.

MOO

So... there was all kinds of police activity at the Laundries on the 10th and 11th. According to LE call logs:

9/10/2021 15:58:34 Problem Settled
9/10/2021 18:26:02 Problem Settled
9/11/2021 13:12:33 Problem Settled
9/11/2021 16:38:04 No Police Action Needed
9/11/2021 20:28:27 Report Submitted

Source: Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen

So what the heck was going on? And we are told their attorney became involved at around 23:30 on the 11th.

There were reports that Gabby's father was involved in at least one of these calls but that was later denied. Surely somebody associated with the Petitos was at the Laundry house? This can't be a coincidence.
Going through all the reports-
9/10/2021 15:58:34-This was a public service call. It was a Sig-67, which in Sarasota County indicates either a police public service call and it's the same signal they use for a lock-out (someone locked out of their car or home). Priority level was a 5.

9/10/2021 18:26:02 -Same as the previous call.

9/11/2021 13:12:33 - This was a 1017 call, code that means "suspect present".

9/11/2021 16:38:04- Another 1017, follow-up/investigation.

9/11/2021 20:28:27- Sig-90, agency assist. Sig-90 is the code for assisting another agency, so NPPD was there to assist some other entity.

9/14/2021 14:18:29- Sig-1017. Again "suspect present". Also note this call was police officer initiated.

9/15/2021 15:21:36- Sig-16 Highway obstruction. Code is highway obstruction. Complaint about roadway obstructed.

9/16/2021 16:05:02- Sig-67 again and listed as public service. Complaint called in.

9/17/2021 11:03:46- Sig 67 again and listed as public service. Complaint called in.

9/17/2021 13:40:34- Sig 67 again and listed as public service. Officer initiated.

9/17/2021 17:36:17- Sig-15 Special Detail. Code means special detail. This call was officer initiated. Special detail is when LE provides security for a public or private event, i.e. a parade or a protest.

9/17/2021 18:47:14- Sig-8 Missing Person. This was the initial intake for a missing person (Brian Laundrie). This was also officer initiated.

9/18/2021 06:06:23- Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated.

9/18/2021 08:01:01- Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated.

9/18/2021 12:11:14- Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated.

9/18/2021 10:28:21- Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property checked)

9/19/2021 06:11:58-Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property checked)

9/19/2021 09:07:32- Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated.

9/20/2021 09:52:44-Sig 90 Agency Assist. NPPD was assisting another entity. Officer initiated.

9/20/2021 18:02:23- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/21/2021 06:13:32- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check and assisting another officer)

9/23/2021 05:46:15- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (duplicate event)

9/24/2021 05:56:08- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/24/2021 06:01:24- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/24/2021 12:03:16- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/24/2021 13:17:05- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/24/2021 15:26:11- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check) A Patrol Check is fulfilling a request to patrol a specific area.

9/24/2021 18:40:54- Sig 131 Suspicious Incident. A report was submitted.

9/24/2021 21:23:01- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/24/2021 21:50:12- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/25/2021 01:24:52- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)
9/25/2021 02:46:45- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/25/2021 04:52:09- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/25/2021 08:29:36- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/25/2021 16:17:48- Sig 67 Public Service. Officer initiated and the problem was resolved.

9/25/2021 20:02:07- Sig 67 Public Service. Someone lodged a complaint and the problem was resolved.

9/26/2021 10:10:39- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/26/2021 10:54:21- 1017 Follow Up Investigation. Officer initiated.

9/26/2021 22:49:57- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/27/2021 08:06:45- Sig 22 Disturbance. Someone called this one in.

9/27/2021 08:28:01- Sig 63 Park/Walk/Talk. Officer initiated. Park/walk/talk is a strategy used by LE to connect with a neighborhood.

9/27/2021 13:29:42- Sig 67 Public Service. Someone lodged a complaint and the problem was resolved.

9/27/2021 14:45:45- Sig 67 Public Service. Someone lodged a complaint and the problem was resolved.

9/27/2021 16:13:01- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/27/2021 17:09:26- Sig 67 Public Service. Someone lodged a complaint and whoever was causing the complaint was unable to be located.

Sarasota County (FL) - The RadioReference Wiki

The majority of the calls were in regards to the protestors. It does seem that NPPD went to the home for some issue on the 10th, it could have been in response to the call from the Petito's or completely unrelated, imo.
On the 11th, the first two calls were a follow up to the calls on the 10th. The last call on 9/11 was the NPPD assisting the missing person's report from NY. This was where they were met by the Laundries with a card and a refusal to answer any questions. The van was also taken from the Laundries by LE at this time.
Petito's family reported her missing to the Suffolk County Police Department in New York at approximately 6:55 p.m.
Gabby Petito timeline: Everything we know about her disappearance
North Port authorities go to Laundrie's home that night and ask to speak to him and his family, but "we were essentially handed the information for their attorney," Taylor, the police spokesperson, says.
Timeline of Gabby Petito case - CNN
The white van Gabby and Brian traveled in was taken from the Laundrie family home on this date.
Gabby Petito case: A timeline of her disappearance and homicide

On 9/14, LE noted that the suspect (Brian) was present. This one confuses me because LE states they mistook RL for Brian when the car returned on 9/15 so I'm not sure how they noted that Brian was present at the residence on that date. And there is no police incident report for the 15th on this so I'm wondering if LE got their dates mixed up, moo.
...the mix-up happened on Wednesday, Sept. 15 – two days before a missing person report for Laundrie was filed ...
North Port PD admits to mistaking Roberta Laundrie for Brian Laundrie the week he disappeared | WFLA

On 9/15, the police responded to a complaint for some obstruction in the road, most likely the news crews.

On 9/16 NPPD held a news conference, Joe Petito was there pleading for help. There were protests at the Laundrie home that afternoon and evening.
North Port Police Department holds press conference
Timeline of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's road trip, investigation

On 9/17 The bullhorns gathered at the Laundrie property. This was also the day that LE went to the home and removed items within the home. The last call on that day was LE going into the home to remove evidence and the officers found Brian wasn't there and initiated a missing person report on Brian. The police log states the missing person report was initiated by LE, not by SB or the Laundries.

Protestors gathered outside the home of Brian Laundrie on Friday night, instead of a scheduled vigil at nearby North Port City Hall. With several police cars on the block, authorities have been inside the home for more than a hour.
Detectives carried what appeared to be small brown paper evidence bags into the house and searched cars at the property.

From 9/18-9/19 the calls were officer initiated details to deal with protestors and news crews.

On 9/20 at 9:52am NPPD assisted the FBI who performed a search on the Laundrie home and the Laundries were removed from the home for 30mins during this search.
The FBI has executed a search warrant Monday morning at the home of Brian Laundrie in North Port, and his parents were seen getting into a van with law enforcement officials.

From 9/20 6:02pm to 9/24 1:17pm, all the police activity was special detail and officer initiated. Most likely all the police activity to tend to protestors and news crews, imo.

On 9/24 at 3:26pm we see this special detail has now changed to a routine patrol.

Also on 9/24 at 6:40pm there is a suspicious incident report filed. This was a report filed from someone who heard gunshots.

North Port police said Friday afternoon reports of gunshots outside Gabby Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home are “false.”
Police: Reports of gunshots outside Brian Laundrie’s home ‘false’ | Gephardt Daily

From 9/24 9:23pm to 9/25 8:29am we see the police are conducting routine patrols of the Laundrie home.

On 9/25 at 4:17 there is another public service call, initiated by an officer. Most likely during a routine patrol, they had some interaction with protestors or news crews,moo.

Also on 9/25 at 8pm someone called in a complaint and it was dealt with.

9/26 starts with a routine patrol at just after 10am, with a follow up to the investigation at 10:54am when the FBI returned to the Laundrie home to take items for DNA analysis and the search for Brian. The day ends with another routine patrol at 10:49pm.

The FBI took personal items belonging to Brian Laundrie on Sunday to aid in their investigation, according to the family’s attorney
FBI visits Brian Laundrie’s home, takes items for DNA matching, attorney says | WFLA

On 9/27, there is a disturbance called in at just after 8am. The bullhorns were back. A half hour later, an officer parks, walks and talks to people. Complaints were filed at 1:30pm and 2:45pm, most likely about either news crews or protestors. At 4:13pm, a public service check. And then the day ended with a final complaint at 5:09pm. Whoever the complaint was about was unable to be located.

Demonstrators gathered outside the property in North Fork, Florida, with posters and using a megaphone to shout their demands.
Yelling protesters picket Brian's home after cops get DNA samples to test

IMO, the reason for the redactions are that there was information LE didn't want the public or the Laundries to know, and that one piece of that information that was kept private until just recently is that the police installed cameras. I think one or more of the public service calls may have been for that purpose.

And for a final note, Joe Petito never went to the Laundrie home.

Petito did not go to the home physically, North Port police said separately, but expressed concern about his daughter's whereabouts.
Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident report evening before daughter reported missing

But why is that unacceptable? As parents the rules of engagement go out the window, parent's will always try to protect their children if they can. L's are no different, they hired a lawyer to protect BL. As far as we know right now, that's all they did. JMHO
Not all parents would do that. I would still love my child if he killed someone but I certainly wouldn’t protect him from the consequences.

What you say makes very good sense and as I was reading along I was agreeing.

The problem is that the Laundrie’s did know something.

They knew Gabby wasn’t there.

Lawyer or no Lawyer I would have told them she wasn’t with them.

It is their callous and heartless reaction to the phone calls of an anguished family trying to find a loved one that initially set the tone for what was to come.

A simple, “she’s not here, she didn’t come back with Brian, we don’t know what’s going on”was all they needed to say. They chose to say NOTHING and that’s where it all went sideways for them.

MOO
But the Laundries did tell LE that Gabby was not there...? They told LE that on Sep 11th. From the search warrant:

"Brian Laundrie's family stated that the subject was not at the residence and they did not know her whereabouts."

https://www.scribd.com/document/526506380/Search-Warrant-Hard-Drive-Gabby-Petito-Brian-Laudrie

But the Laundries did tell LE that Gabby was not there...? They told LE that on Sep 11th. From the search warrant:

"Brian Laundrie's family stated that the subject was not at the residence and they did not know her whereabouts."

https://www.scribd.com/document/526506380/Search-Warrant-Hard-Drive-Gabby-Petito-Brian-Laudrie

They did not tell the parents. They lawyered up and then told LE AFTER the Petitos finally were able to file a missing person report.

They never took a single call.

Since they are the owners of a business they run out of their house, I would say, emphatically, yes. Retainer fees are between $500 and $5,000 and for any business owner, they are necessary. People here are forgetting that Gabby's vehicle was located by LE on the Laundrie's property AND that is the address for the Laundrie's business and livelihood. The Laundries were right to zealously protect their business. Also, if you look at SB's website, he is, in fact a business attorney, not just a real estate attorney and he also practices criminal law and personal injury law. People here are assuming SB only represented the Laundries on real estate, but I don't think that is factual. I think he is most likely their business attorney. The Laundries home should be treated like a business headquarters. If LE comes into a business, they are directed to the corporate attorney. That is what the Laundries did, they directed LE to SB, their business attorney.
I own a business and do not have an attorney on retainer. I've been involved in innumerable start-ups, and we engaged attorneys but did not have them "on retainer," for what it's worth. I would be willing to bet that "having an attorney on retainer" is a rarity for a routine small business. JMO.

They did not tell the parents. They lawyered up and then told LE AFTER the Petitos finally were able to file a missing person report.

They never took a single call.
Perhaps there are reasons the L's did not answer the P's? We have no idea what the relationship was like between the six parents involved. If my adult daughter's ex-boyfriend's family started texting or calling me out of the blue, I'd ask my daughter what the heck was going on before deciding whether to call them back or get in the middle of the situation at all. And if my daughter started telling me things that did not make sense or were alarming in some way I'd keep after her for answers. jmo

JMO, Different people and families hold different values. In the family I was raised in, my parents didn't feel that the rules went out the window when it came to their kids, they did not consider our needs/wants/outcomes to be more important than other peoples'.

I am not saying that one philosophy is correct or better. However, that underlying difference in philosophy may account, at least in part, for why we are still debating whether or not the Laundries did anything wrong. JMO.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I don't believe they knew anywhere near the truth of what might have went down.

Going through all the reports-
9/10/2021 15:58:34-This was a public service call. It was a Sig-67, which in Sarasota County indicates either a police public service call and it's the same signal they use for a lock-out (someone locked out of their car or home). Priority level was a 5.

9/10/2021 18:26:02 -Same as the previous call.

9/11/2021 13:12:33 - This was a 1017 call, code that means "suspect present".

9/11/2021 16:38:04- Another 1017, follow-up/investigation.

9/11/2021 20:28:27- Sig-90, agency assist. Sig-90 is the code for assisting another agency, so NPPD was there to assist some other entity.

9/14/2021 14:18:29- Sig-1017. Again "suspect present". Also note this call was police officer initiated.

9/15/2021 15:21:36- Sig-16 Highway obstruction. Code is highway obstruction. Complaint about roadway obstructed.

9/16/2021 16:05:02- Sig-67 again and listed as public service. Complaint called in.

9/17/2021 11:03:46- Sig 67 again and listed as public service. Complaint called in.

9/17/2021 13:40:34- Sig 67 again and listed as public service. Officer initiated.

9/17/2021 17:36:17- Sig-15 Special Detail. Code means special detail. This call was officer initiated. Special detail is when LE provides security for a public or private event, i.e. a parade or a protest.

9/17/2021 18:47:14- Sig-8 Missing Person. This was the initial intake for a missing person (Brian Laundrie). This was also officer initiated.

9/18/2021 06:06:23- Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated.

9/18/2021 08:01:01- Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated.

9/18/2021 12:11:14- Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated.

9/18/2021 10:28:21- Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property checked)

9/19/2021 06:11:58-Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property checked)

9/19/2021 09:07:32- Sig-15 Special Detail. Officer initiated.

9/20/2021 09:52:44-Sig 90 Agency Assist. NPPD was assisting another entity. Officer initiated.

9/20/2021 18:02:23- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/21/2021 06:13:32- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check and assisting another officer)

9/23/2021 05:46:15- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (duplicate event)

9/24/2021 05:56:08- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/24/2021 06:01:24- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/24/2021 12:03:16- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/24/2021 13:17:05- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/24/2021 15:26:11- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check) A Patrol Check is fulfilling a request to patrol a specific area.

9/24/2021 18:40:54- Sig 131 Suspicious Incident. A report was submitted.

9/24/2021 21:23:01- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/24/2021 21:50:12- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/25/2021 01:24:52- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)
9/25/2021 02:46:45- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/25/2021 04:52:09- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/25/2021 08:29:36- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/25/2021 16:17:48- Sig 67 Public Service. Officer initiated and the problem was resolved.

9/25/2021 20:02:07- Sig 67 Public Service. Someone lodged a complaint and the problem was resolved.

9/26/2021 10:10:39- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/26/2021 10:54:21- 1017 Follow Up Investigation. Officer initiated.

9/26/2021 22:49:57- Sig 87 Patrol Check. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/27/2021 08:06:45- Sig 22 Disturbance. Someone called this one in.

9/27/2021 08:28:01- Sig 63 Park/Walk/Talk. Officer initiated. Park/walk/talk is a strategy used by LE to connect with a neighborhood.

9/27/2021 13:29:42- Sig 67 Public Service. Someone lodged a complaint and the problem was resolved.

9/27/2021 14:45:45- Sig 67 Public Service. Someone lodged a complaint and the problem was resolved.

9/27/2021 16:13:01- Sig 15 Special Detail. Officer initiated. (property check)

9/27/2021 17:09:26- Sig 67 Public Service. Someone lodged a complaint and whoever was causing the complaint was unable to be located.

Sarasota County (FL) - The RadioReference Wiki

The majority of the calls were in regards to the protestors. It does seem that NPPD went to the home for some issue on the 10th, it could have been in response to the call from the Petito's or completely unrelated, imo.
On the 11th, the first two calls were a follow up to the calls on the 10th. The last call on 9/11 was the NPPD assisting the missing person's report from NY. This was where they were met by the Laundries with a card and a refusal to answer any questions. The van was also taken from the Laundries by LE at this time.
Petito's family reported her missing to the Suffolk County Police Department in New York at approximately 6:55 p.m.
Gabby Petito timeline: Everything we know about her disappearance
North Port authorities go to Laundrie's home that night and ask to speak to him and his family, but "we were essentially handed the information for their attorney," Taylor, the police spokesperson, says.
Timeline of Gabby Petito case - CNN
The white van Gabby and Brian traveled in was taken from the Laundrie family home on this date.
Gabby Petito case: A timeline of her disappearance and homicide

On 9/14, LE noted that the suspect (Brian) was present. This one confuses me because LE states they mistook RL for Brian when the car returned on 9/15 so I'm not sure how they noted that Brian was present at the residence on that date. And there is no police incident report for the 15th on this so I'm wondering if LE got their dates mixed up, moo.

...the mix-up happened on Wednesday, Sept. 15 – two days before a missing person report for Laundrie was filed ...
North Port PD admits to mistaking Roberta Laundrie for Brian Laundrie the week he disappeared | WFLA

On 9/15, the police responded to a complaint for some obstruction in the road, most likely the news crews.

On 9/16 NPPD held a news conference, Joe Petito was there pleading for help. There were protests at the Laundrie home that afternoon and evening.

North Port Police Department holds press conference

On 9/17 The bullhorns gathered at the Laundrie property. This was also the day that LE went to the home and removed items within the home. The last call on that day was LE going into the home to remove evidence and the officers found Brian wasn't there and initiated a missing person report on Brian. The police log states the missing person report was initiated by LE, not by SB or the Laundries.

Protestors gathered outside the home of Brian Laundrie on Friday night, instead of a scheduled vigil at nearby North Port City Hall. With several police cars on the block, authorities have been inside the home for more than a hour.
Detectives carried what appeared to be small brown paper evidence bags into the house and searched cars at the property.

From 9/18-9/19 the calls were officer initiated details to deal with protestors and news crews.

On 9/20 at 9:52am NPPD assisted the FBI who performed a search on the Laundrie home and the Laundries were removed from the home for 30mins during this search.

The FBI has executed a search warrant Monday morning at the home of Brian Laundrie in North Port, and his parents were seen getting into a van with law enforcement officials.

From 9/20 6:02pm to 9/24 1:17pm, all the police activity was special detail and officer initiated. Most likely all the police activity to tend to protestors and news crews, imo.

On 9/24 at 3:26pm we see this special detail has now changed to a routine patrol.

Also on 9/24 at 6:40pm there is a suspicious incident report filed. This was a report filed from someone who heard gunshots.

North Port police said Friday afternoon reports of gunshots outside Gabby Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home are “false.”
Police: Reports of gunshots outside Brian Laundrie’s home ‘false’ | Gephardt Daily

From 9/24 9:23pm to 9/25 8:29am we see the police are conducting routine patrols of the Laundrie home.

On 9/25 at 4:17 there is another public service call, initiated by an officer. Most likely during a routine patrol, they had some interaction with protestors or news crews,moo.

Also on 9/25 at 8pm someone called in a complaint and it was dealt with.

9/26 starts with a routine patrol at just after 10am, with a follow up to the investigation at 10:54am when the FBI returned to the Laundrie home to take items for DNA analysis and the search for Brian. The day ends with another routine patrol at 10:49pm.

The FBI took personal items belonging to Brian Laundrie on Sunday to aid in their investigation, according to the family’s attorney
FBI visits Brian Laundrie’s home, takes items for DNA matching, attorney says | WFLA

On 9/27, there is a disturbance called in at just after 8am. The bullhorns were back. A half hour later, an officer parks, walks and talks to people. Complaints were filed at 1:30pm and 2:45pm, most likely about either news crews or protestors. At 4:13pm, a public service check. And then the day ended with a final complaint at 5:09pm. Whoever the complaint was about was unable to be located.

Demonstrators gathered outside the property in North Fork, Florida, with posters and using a megaphone to shout their demands.
Yelling protesters picket Brian's home after cops get DNA samples to test

IMO, the reason for the redactions are that there was information LE didn't want the public or the Laundries to know, and that one piece of that information that was kept private until just recently is that the police installed cameras. I think one or more of the public service calls may have been for that purpose.

And for a final note, Joe Petito never went to the Laundrie home.

Petito did not go to the home physically, North Port police said separately, but expressed concern about his daughter's whereabouts.
Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident report evening before daughter reported missing
https://mobile.twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1444408782403031043

love this post! Thank you for the work you put into this. will reread a few times to make sure I absorb it all. This would make an excellent addition to the timeline thread, perhaps you would be willing to add it there?

Respectfully, while that is what GP's family claims, and it seems reasonable to believe that they are being truthful, we don't know that. It has never been verified by phone records or the Laundries.

Perhaps you misunderstand me, or I was not clear enough in my post?

original postFound Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

@Forest_Wood suggested that these pics were of GP’s van.
I stated that they were not, that the pics are of a LE vehicle. If I was not specific enough, I was trying to say that these pics are from the day, 9/20, that the fbi served the search warrant on the wabasso ave house (not the day that GP’s van was towed from wabasso ave).
The wflanow to which I refer was the live all day coverage of the fbi executing the search warrant at wabasso ave on 9/20.
I am not sure if I know how to link a YouTube video, but I will try and and add it as an edit to this post if I am able.
Sorry if I created any confusion.
All moo, excepting links

ETA- I don’t have the skills to link the you tube video, but I was able to locate it in the media thread

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

LE van arrives approx 4:22 in the video

in retrospect, I think I was actually watching the fox live at this precise moment, but the above does provide the video evidence.
Too late to edit 4:22 refers to 4 hours and 22 mins, not 4 mins and 22 secs. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ