Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few reasons that I can think of for not pushing them off the bridge. (1) When he caught up to them at the end of the bridge, he was in plain view of not only the entire bridge, but also in view of anyone who happened to be below the bridge. Evidently, there was no witnesses to what transpired that doesn't mean he was aware of that fact. (2) He may have simply wanted to torture or scare them before killing them and he would have needed time to do so before doing whatever he had in mind. If that was his plan, he would have wanted to do that in a secluded place, where he wouldn't be seen or their screams heard. (3) There is a verified retired police investigator on Websleuths who has investigated several of these types of crimes and he stated that in almost all cases that involved a child abductions and/or murders where the victims are unknown to the abductor/killer that the motive is almost always sexual in nature. I have always believed the killer or perhaps killers were unknown to Abby & Libby. I think he (or they) was taking them to secluded spot where he could be alone with them. The girls either started running and/or fighting with him and they were killed in the struggle. While Abby was small in statue, Libby while only 14 weighed approximately 200 lbs. and could probably have put up a good fight. I have always thought rape or rape & murder was the motive. We don't know if either one or both were sexually assaulted or not. But, even if a sexual assault did not occur, that does not mean rape wasn't his intention. FWIW, I think he went there that day looking for a victim and when Abby & Libby came along, he tried to abduct them both, but found out he couldn't handle them both. Again, MOO.

I, too, feel it was sexual in nature, but maybe, also “misplaced revenge”? Valentine Day may still have some meaning, especially if he broke up with someone shortly prior to it. In this case, two abducted girls or two murdered girls might be viewed as a “gift” to himself, nauseating as it might sound.

So I've been keeping up with the Delphi murders case. Does anybody know if Libby's phone was found with the battery still up on it? It's just a thought but during the search could it have picked up a voice during the search for the girls? It's just a thought. I've also found information that there is a connection to Garrett Kirts having been acquainted with the Logan property.

Sorry I have not read the entire list of commemts and might say something that has already been said. Also, I am new here and this is my first comment. I know this case pretty well though. In the extended version when we can hear him talk, he says “guys…down the hill”. Idk, but to me that sounds like someone who is used to giving orders. Could it be someone with some type of authority? Why did he choose that exact word “guys”. Idk. I have never been in the area, only looked at photos, but it seem to me that it is unlikely he would choose that spot randomly. That is why I think he must have some connection to the area. I am also curious as to how many people was in that area at that exact moment. Because if it was people there, he is either stupid or must have done this before. Sorry if I am repeating stuff that has already been said.

... new here and this is my first comment. ... when we can hear him talk, he says “guys…down the hill”. Idk, but to me that sounds like someone who is used to giving orders. Could it be someone with some type of authority? Why did he choose that exact word “guys”. I.

It's OK, Shana. These HAVE been discussed at length, and they remain issues that invite discussion and thought. Never hurts to bring things up more than once; there's a lot to ponder, isn't there? A lot of people think BG used some sort of fake authority ("Guys, I'm a park ranger and you need to come with me") to get L&A under his control. Welcome to WS!

Why did he choose that exact word “guys”. Idk.
Welcome to WS! We need every new member to have a look at the case! :)

Not only why did he choose that exact word "guys", BUT why did LE in April 2019 consider it necessary to complete "down the hill" with this single word? GUYS must have a special meaning regarding the killer, IMO. That he is saying it at all and how he is saying it, in which moment and to whom exactly. Did he command the girls or someone other (unseen in video)?
GUYS seems definitely to be very important in any case. - When will we understand LE's intent?

Not only why did he choose that exact word "guys", BUT why did LE in April 2019 consider it necessary to complete "down the hill" with this single word? GUYS must have a special meaning regarding the killer, IMO. That he is saying it at all and how he is saying it, in which moment and to whom exactly. Did he command the girls or someone other (unseen in video)?
GUYS seems definitely to be very important in any case. - When will we understand LE's intent?

It's not necessarily. It could be as simple as LE wants to give the public as much audio as they can share, and there was something between "guys" and "down the hill" that they didn't want to make public, so they just cut it out.

Interesting thought. I've always thought LE was simply trying to give us more in an attempt to ID the murderer. And maybe there was some dead air in between "Guys" and "Down the hill..." OR one or both girls said something and we didn't need to hear that part.

But your question introduces an interesting aspect.

Sorry I have not read the entire list of commemts and might say something that has already been said. Also, I am new here and this is my first comment. I know this case pretty well though. In the extended version when we can hear him talk, he says “guys…down the hill”. Idk, but to me that sounds like someone who is used to giving orders. Could it be someone with some type of authority? Why did he choose that exact word “guys”. Idk. I have never been in the area, only looked at photos, but it seem to me that it is unlikely he would choose that spot randomly. That is why I think he must have some connection to the area. I am also curious as to how many people was in that area at that exact moment. Because if it was people there, he is either stupid or must have done this before. Sorry if I am repeating stuff that has already been said.
Yes, these points have been discussed over the past, almost, 5 years. And welcome here....stick around and you will hear much more!

Ty for your kind words. I definately have more thoughts I want to share with you, after I have caught up on what you have discussed the past years :)

Welcome to WS. Just wanted to warn you this place is addictive.

I've been here since day one and although we've had many unofficial suspects, I don't have a clue who killed these two young ladies. But, I'm still hopeful that LE is close to making an arrest.

There will probably be literally nothing other than BG having glow-in-the-dark slime oozing out of the top of his jacket that we have not already discussed, but welcome! And don't be afraid to post your ideas, as there are always new people to the case who haven't heard every idea!

You know, @FromGermany1 , I don’t believe in paranormal, but trust simple intuition. As I was reading your phrase, “why did LE in April 2019 consider it necessary to complete "down the hill" with this single word? GUYS must have a special meaning”, I immediately thought, “because he was addressing men”, and in a second, I saw a very specific scene through my eyes. And then I immediately read in your post, “Did he command the girls or someone other (unseen in video)?”

I now feel you are right, and feel that there probably was a group of men bringing girls down the hill.

You know, @FromGermany1 , I don’t believe in paranormal, but trust simple intuition. As I was reading your phrase, “why did LE in April 2019 consider it necessary to complete "down the hill" with this single word? GUYS must have a special meaning”, I immediately thought, “because he was addressing men”, and in a second, I saw a very specific scene through my eyes. And then I immediately read in your post, “Did he command the girls or someone other (unseen in video)?”

I now feel you are right, and feel that there probably was a group of men bringing girls down the hill.
Some members and I myself saw BG in the video for seconds looking to his left (hard to grasp without slowing down the video) and opening his mouth. I thought at the time, BG was spitting or speaking. What if he shouted the single word "guys" into that direction - direction of the creek and "the hill"?? Idk.

Last edited:
Welcome to WS. Just wanted to warn you this place is addictive.

I've been here since day one and although we've had many unofficial suspects, I don't have a clue who killed these two young ladies. But, I'm still hopeful that LE is close to making an arrest.
I believe that they’ve been close for awhile, but for whatever reason they haven’t made the arrest(s). Moo.

ETA: I agree it is addicting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member