Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I have not read the entire list of commemts and might say something that has already been said. Also, I am new here and this is my first comment. I know this case pretty well though. In the extended version when we can hear him talk, he says “guys…down the hill”. Idk, but to me that sounds like someone who is used to giving orders. Could it be someone with some type of authority? Why did he choose that exact word “guys”. Idk. I have never been in the area, only looked at photos, but it seem to me that it is unlikely he would choose that spot randomly. That is why I think he must have some connection to the area. I am also curious as to how many people was in that area at that exact moment. Because if it was people there, he is either stupid or must have done this before. Sorry if I am repeating stuff that has already been said.
I personally like when new or even older WSers come to join the discussion because nor everyone thinks the same, and I like to hear, rather read, others thoughts on A&L’s case. Fresh eyes never hurt, IMHAspieO!

Did he mean a “couple” of girls or a couple as in two adults??

This is what I have always wondered. I think it depends on the exchange…

-Have you seen these girls?

-I haven’t seen them, but I heard a couple arguing by the bridge.

That sort of thing could easily be misinterpreted as a romantic couple arguing, rather than a couple girls arguing (or just two agitated voices).

this is another weird tangled mess..he didn't see ( visually literally ) a couple of girls but heard a couple (of girls) arguing by the bridge..so he heard them but did not see them?
or
he heard a couple ( as in an adult couple most likely heterosexual sexual) arguing by the bridge.

just another twister for us to try and parse out and you can't no matter how you try...mOO

Some members and I myself saw BG in the video for seconds looking to his left (hard to grasp without slowing down the video) and opening his mouth. I thought at the time, BG was spitting or speaking. What if he shouted the single word "guys" into that direction - direction of the creek and "the hill"?? Idk.

When I saw BG move his head, I wondered for a second if he was spitting behind his left elbow, an old superstitious routine. Or else, he could be speaking into a mouthpiece. It looks as if he is not comfortable with whatever he is doing, maybe, the headphones slid off his head? IDK either.

Offering this perspective on the use of "guys" as well (I know it's been mentioned before somewhere in all these threads).

I'm an educator in a Midwest state very like Indiana. The use of "guys" to address a group of kids happens hundreds of times a day. If you walk down the hallway, you'll hear, "OK guys open your books to page 10" or something similar every single trip down the hall. Teachers say it to students; students use that term to address each other.

I'm NOT suggesting BG is a teacher - just stating that this term in many communities is used to address a group of people, sometimes as small as two, and gender does not matter. Teachers may address a group of all-female students as "guys" for instance. MOO

When I saw BG move his head, I wondered for a second if he was spitting behind his left elbow, an old superstitious routine. Or else, he could be speaking into a mouthpiece. It looks as if he is not comfortable with whatever he is doing, maybe, the headphones slid off his head? IDK either.
Spitting to his right would have been spitting into the wind. That usually doesn't end well.

I personally like when new or even older WSers come to join the discussion because nor everyone thinks the same, and I like to hear, rather read, others thoughts on A&L’s case. Fresh eyes never hurt, IMHAspieO!
Thank you :)
I have refreshed my memory this weekend and are ready for getting some questions out here ;)

Offering this perspective on the use of "guys" as well (I know it's been mentioned before somewhere in all these threads).

I'm an educator in a Midwest state very like Indiana. The use of "guys" to address a group of kids happens hundreds of times a day. If you walk down the hallway, you'll hear, "OK guys open your books to page 10" or something similar every single trip down the hall. Teachers say it to students; students use that term to address each other.

I'm NOT suggesting BG is a teacher - just stating that this term in many communities is used to address a group of people, sometimes as small as two, and gender does not matter. Teachers may address a group of all-female students as "guys" for instance. MOO
I was actually thinking the same, since my partner is a teacher. But some kind of coach could also came to mind

So, they have said he is local and 16+ yo. Idk but either way. I do think he is familiar with the area and have a few thoughts;
Could he be someone visiting the area regularly for fishing or hunting?
Also, I have thought, could he be someone who is not living there but is visiting family on weekends or holidays? Like a parent or other extended family.
Been thinking about this because school was out for the day of the murder AND the huge police press conference where the public was encouraged to participate was in connection with Easter.
Soooo many questions.
And I am greatful to have found you guys to discuss this case with. I have been living, eating and breathing this case since the beginning. The girls friends and families deserve answers and justice.

Not responding to anything, just thinking out loud that, even though JBC is my top POI, I think LE long had another one or two in focus. All of the discussions about the need to break down alibis, convince someone to talk, etc, is the reason. I don’t believe there is anyone in JBC’s life for a long time who would stand up for him. He has nobody that I know of, correct?’Nobody long loyal, nobody who didn’t have to give up on him long ago to save their own sanity. Nobody’s alibi to try too hard to break down.
I think, MOO, he’s a fit in every way. There may be many such cruel people, but he looks like BG and can walk that bridge like BG, and a million other reasons. He’s local enough without necessarily being instantly recognizable to people in Delphi.
My only reason to think it isn’t him is because there are still three or four others who look very suspicious to me. And because it’s still so possible that BG is a total unknown.

I know what you mean. And I’ve always had the impression that BG is used to being around kids, someone in charge of a group, such as teacher, coach, instructor etc. IMO

So, they have said he is local and 16+ yo. Idk but either way. I do think he is familiar with the area and have a few thoughts;
Could he be someone visiting the area regularly for fishing or hunting?
Also, I have thought, could he be someone who is not living there but is visiting family on weekends or holidays? Like a parent or other extended family.
Been thinking about this because school was out for the day of the murder AND the huge police press conference where the public was encouraged to participate was in connection with Easter.
Soooo many questions.
And I am greatful to have found you guys to discuss this case with. I have been living, eating and breathing this case since the beginning. The girls friends and families deserve answers and justice.
Me too. It’s puzzling how a double murder could take place in broad daylight and although a bit remote, in a public place and yet not enough evidence left to make an arrest. Part of me thinks, it wasn’t done by a local familiar with the area because they’d have found him by now.
Somehow he got away from the area. And yet another part of me thinks it is BC. His looks, his postings, photos, tattoos and his personal and criminal history.
and then the attack on the girl in his basement.
Also, when he couldn’t get his trial moved to another location, he suddenly changes his plea to guilty. Why, I wonder. Was he afraid of the possibility that a witness would testify to something some how relatable to the Delphi murders? Could that have opened doors to helping with the investigation, I wonder? He suddenly pleads guilty and faces a lifetime in prison just because he would have to face a jury familiar with the murders? Odd, IMO.
It could be too that he is the BG and knows he’d be somehow tripped up and would even be charged with the murders, but this way, in his mind, he’s won. He fooled everyone and got away with a murder they could never prove. He’ll always be remembered and thought of as the killer, but it will forever remain a mystery, so he’ll feel proud that he “left his mark” in society and finally beat the system. All just MOO.

I think it's pretty likely that it was Chadwell, considering the proximity an be the similarities in MO that we know about. I like to believe there aren't that many of that type of people out there. Investigators know a lot more details than we do though so they probably have a more accurate estimate on the likelihood.

Whoever the perpetrator is, I think he looked uncomfortable because he was carrying a kill kit under his jacket. I think it very well have been Chadwell (who is known to camp) and it adds up that the killer may have been camped nearby and watching the bridge.

I think that the "guys" in the recording is just the killer addressing the girls. I think that he is comfortable addressing young people. He probably interacts with them a lot, practicing his craft and waiting patiently for an opportunity to present itself. Chadwell using his dog to bait and lure the girl he was caught with aligns with this theory, to me.

I'm not sure why, if it is Chadwell, that the investigation is taking so long. Maybe the partial DNA profile was a lie or unrelated DNA or maybe it is a small enough fragment to be circumstantial.

I think they're just waiting for him to break down in jail, the traditional "easy way" to solve related crimes but they may have a long wait. Real psychos have a disconnect and hetero pedophile psychos are far removed from their triggers in jail.

Chadwell likes attention ...he wants to be told he's smart and cunning..and would probably be very susceptible to flattery and celebrity agents.

Chadwell has spent a great deal of time in solitary and I don't think it's that easy to break him down..13 years of incarceration is a long time. They are probably going to have to get him on the ropes and rub his face in it..

I'm sure he knows he's been found...he knows they will get him now. mOO

Hoosier here. Sorry but we use "guys" across all occupations, when referring casually to groups of people.

BG sure was dressed up a lot for such a nice weather, comparing him to Abby’s more light clothing. I wander if it is binoculars or firearms we can see the contours of under his jacket on his right side….
Chadwell is interesting as a suspect for sure.

BG sure was dressed up a lot for such a nice weather, comparing him to Abby’s more light clothing. I wander if it is binoculars or firearms we can see the contours of under his jacket on his right side ….

I'm with you on that: I'm pretty sure BG has some nasty SOMETHING(s) under that jacket. Some people say they see the outline of a handgun in a pocket; my eyes or my perception doesn't really let me see it.

The idea that BG is advancing on tbe girls, with tools for murder and destruction under that jacket--that reminds me what a loathsome, vile, cruel, soulless SOB bridge guy is. I'm no fan of the death penalty in general, but for BG I'd say it is the least he ought to get when convicted. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500