Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people who've been away and some new faces. So I'm gonna post my visual aid collection.

I made this Google Earth awhile back. It covers all of the important case locations, in many cases to the exact known GPS coordinates. It's linked in my signature for quick access.
Google Earth

Because this case is huge, we've all had a hard time keeping up. First, I made the Arrest Affidavit less intimidating: http://www./court_documents/barry-morphew-redacted-arrest-affidavit/

I've been going through @OldCop and @oviedo 's timeline and updating it with the confirmed information. This very messy version is here: Find Suzanne Morphew – #JusticeForSuzanne

But, I am working on making it all neat and tidy and cross-referenced. By no means complete yet. Timeline – Find Suzanne Morphew

I haven't even begun going through the case motions, but other than the reply to the DNA most of it is pointless to the timeline.

This is amazing - I have a really big learning curve ahead of trial and this really helps make it accessible!

It would make sense, if he was the last one on the beach property on Friday and MG had to level the place on Saturday morning, starting alone there. IF he did something criminal on Friday/Friday night, MG on Saturday had to appear there without him first to show innocent-looking working processes. As MG's boss, it would be normal though for BM to turn up later and to control the required completion of her tasks. So, a property owner wouldn't have thought, BM himself wanted to remove traces early in the morning.

I think, when BM took MG from her gym and brought her back, it must have been Friday. On Saturday he left MG at the beach side, because of his sudden intention "to make his wife happy with hiking/biking". Or didn't he leave her there?? Didn't she have her own car at the workplace?

On the ride to Tailwind from the rock beach site is when he told MG that he could hide a body and it would never be found. (Morgan Gentile Interview- May 15th)

From what I can tell, most of the time he picked her up and dropped her off which is why Sunday is so damning. MG hears his truck in the early AM between in 4 - 5 am. She expected him to pick her up at 5 pm to drive to Broomfield.

Would be interesting to know, why boss and co-worker were having a talk about "how to let people disappear" at all. I never had a talk like that with one of my bosses. But okay, I was working in an office and not working out in the nature, where I would have crossed pigsties (MG knew crucial things about pigs) or mines/creeks/cliffs and so on.

It's both, I think. I'm still trying to figure out when on Friday evening they worked on the beach. The AA is not even remotely linear. Everytime, I move on to a new section I have to go back and add extra details to previously recorded incidents.
And, she said, Barry’s behavior that weekend had seemed strange.

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”
That area, a construction site off County Road 105, east of Salida, is the same area where investigators spent three days searching for Suzanne, just a week later, on May 21-23.

“He was acting really weird about [the beach area], I was like Barry what’s up,” Gentile said. “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m.

“He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking,” she said. “And I found out, like, later that day that he was in town all day.”

Gentile said she heard Barry was out shopping by himself.
‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

I think BM went to the beach area on Friday after Moonlight Pizza. I don’t think MG worked there Friday night. SM probably dropped him back off at his truck at Tailwinds. They each had their own vehicles that night. I have often thought that MB heard machinery running on Friday night/Saturday morning as opposed to Saturday night.
At 7:15 pm, SM had texted JL, “He’s gone for a bit. Can you talk?” That would seem to fit.

Last edited:

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”
That area, a construction site off County Road 105, east of Salida, is the same area where investigators spent three days searching for Suzanne, just a week later, on May 21-23.

“He was acting really weird about [the beach area], I was like Barry what’s up,” Gentile said. “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m.

“He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking,” she said. “And I found out, like, later that day that he was in town all day.”

‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

I think BM went to the beach area on Friday after Moonlight Pizza. I don’t think MG worked there Friday night. SM probably dropped him back off at his truck at Tailwinds. They each had their own vehicles that night. I have often thought that MB heard machinery running on Friday night/Saturday morning as opposed to Saturday night.
At 7:15 pm, SM had texted JL, “He’s gone for a bit. Can you talk?” That would seem to fit.
Spotted the homeowners name on lengthy witness list, hoping to hear a bit more about BM and the beach

I think I need all of @NoSI 's notes. I can't find a lot of references to things that must have come out at the PH, but I can't find it in the info I have. I don't have that text from SM to JL.

I did notice something on the 9th that I should have noticed a long time ago. I've been pretty sure that Barry pulled in with the Bobcat still on the trailer and hitched to the F350 and left it there to chase Suzanne. So how did it get into the garage?

This is when he moved the truck INTO the garage.
16:44:21 (Telematics) Driver Door closed (38.54003, -106.23714)

Here he backed it out the 96 feet.
19:42:01 (Telematics) Parking Lights Off (38.54001, -106.23714)

What did he do in the house for three hours that necessitated all of those trash runs but left no blood evidence? I'm at a complete loss.

I think I need all of @NoSI 's notes. I can't find a lot of references to things that must have come out at the PH, but I can't find it in the info I have. I don't have that text from SM to JL.

I did notice something on the 9th that I should have noticed a long time ago. I've been pretty sure that Barry pulled in with the Bobcat still on the trailer and hitched to the F350 and left it there to chase Suzanne. So how did it get into the garage?

What did he do in the house for three hours that necessitated all of those trash runs but left no blood evidence? I'm at a complete loss.
I think he parked in the garage when he got home at 14:44, with the trailer still attached, and left his door open.

From page 71 of the AA when Barry is telling Grusing about how he walks around the house and shoots chipmunks:
SA Grusing told Barry that activity would explain his phone's behavior, adding that he left his driver door open in the garage before he went to the first patio.

He waited until 16:44 (2 hours) to close the door (for the first time). IMO.

A lot of people who've been away and some new faces. So I'm gonna post my visual aid collection.

I made this Google Earth awhile back. It covers all of the important case locations, in many cases to the exact known GPS coordinates. It's linked in my signature for quick access.
Google Earth

Because this case is huge, we've all had a hard time keeping up. First, I made the Arrest Affidavit less intimidating: http://www./court_documents/barry-morphew-redacted-arrest-affidavit/

I've been going through @OldCop and @oviedo 's timeline and updating it with the confirmed information. This very messy version is here: Find Suzanne Morphew – #JusticeForSuzanne

But, I am working on making it all neat and tidy and cross-referenced. By no means complete yet. Timeline – Find Suzanne Morphew

I haven't even begun going through the case motions, but other than the reply to the DNA most of it is pointless to the timeline.
Thank you for this! :)

From what I can tell, most of the time he picked her up and dropped her off which is why Sunday is so damning. MG hears his truck in the early AM between in 4 - 5 am. She expected him to pick her up at 5 pm to drive to Broomfield.

This is absolutely damning for him IMO - especially when he then spent most of the day in his hotel rather than at the site.

I think he parked in the garage when he got home at 14:44, with the trailer still attached, and left his door open.

From page 71 of the AA when Barry is telling Grusing about how he walks around the house and shoots chipmunks:
SA Grusing told Barry that activity would explain his phone's behavior, adding that he left his driver door open in the garage before he went to the first patio.

I have forgotten the time gap the truck data was wiped.
Was it 2 hours coming back on line at 5:30?

I invested a couple of hours last night to read your fantastic AA resource - thanks!

The case against BM appears overwhelming, but I too am intrigued by these aspects. The AA is obviously only the broad brush of the case. We'll get a better idea at trial as to what the prosecution thinks. But in some respects those hours are going to be a black box IMO

To me as a case noob, the end of messaging shows when she died / was incapacitated. This has been theme in other cases I've followed, and is a mistake villains make with "airplane mode cleverness" which is actually dumb.

Then IMO, he was cleaning up, and waiting for darkness so he could stage the crime scene, dispose of the body and get out of town.

Which leads to the two big mysteries. What was all the stuff he had to throw away and where is Suzanne?

On my limited understanding, the opportunity to hide the body all the elk run seems not that high?

I guess this has been all discussed to death over 86 threads but might he have used a different vehicle for this earlier in the night?

my 02c

Apologies for the question

Is there any telematics data for the Elk run period? He must have opened truck door for instance.

Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Apologies for the question

Is there any telematics data for the Elk run period? He must have opened truck door for instance.

The telematic sheet in the AA ends with the back up. There are one line mentions here and there otherwise (part of the need to cross reference this thing). I cannot at this time recall a specific reference that Grusing makes in a question/statement that relates to that data.

The telematic sheet in the AA ends with the back up. There are one line mentions here and there otherwise (part of the need to cross reference this thing). I cannot at this time recall a specific reference that Grusing makes in a question/statement that relates to that data.

There is so much to reveal at trial!

I invested a couple of hours last night to read your fantastic AA resource - thanks!

The case against BM appears overwhelming, but I too am intrigued by these aspects. The AA is obviously only the broad brush of the case. We'll get a better idea at trial as to what the prosecution thinks. But in some respects those hours are going to be a black box IMO

To me as a case noob, the end of messaging shows when she died / was incapacitated. This has been theme in other cases I've followed, and is a mistake villains make with "airplane mode cleverness" which is actually dumb.

Then IMO, he was cleaning up, and waiting for darkness so he could stage the crime scene, dispose of the body and get out of town.

Which leads to the two big mysteries. What was all the stuff he had to throw away and where is Suzanne?

On my limited understanding, the opportunity to hide the body all the elk run seems not that high?

I guess this has been all discussed to death over 86 threads but might he have used a different vehicle for this earlier in the night?

my 02c

BBM that's the $64,000 question, my friend. We're stumped.

MM2s Range Rover was on site and was an older model that did not have GPS. However, both RRs were seized and searched. LE would have looked for all of the available vehicles on the cameras. It would have been possible to take the older RR up to Garfield, but Barry made a really big deal about the Garfield mines so we know she's not up there.

Chances are much better that she is in a shaft on Pahlone behind the house. Google Earth

What we know for certain is there is no blood evidence on the three pieces of land Barry was on in the 24 hours prior, nor any blood evidence anywhere. We have no reason to believe that the Broomfield hotel room was not swabbed.

OK - so did some googling (85 threads is too much to read back lol!)

I see @MassGuy has the theory that he disposes of the body at a pre-prepped site - likely in the early evening? But because he has reset the truck telematics somehow - we can't see that trip

She could well have been transported in the tree planter and all the evidence of the digging etc is in the bins

Then he still needs to leave early before SM 'wakes up"

BBM that's the $64,000 question, my friend. We're stumped.

MM2s Range Rover was on site and was an older model that did not have GPS. However, both RRs were seized and searched. LE would have looked for all of the available vehicles on the cameras. It would have been possible to take the older RR up to Garfield, but Barry made a really big deal about the Garfield mines so we know she's not up there.

Chances are much better that she is in a shaft on Pahlone behind the house. Google Earth

What we know for certain is there is no blood evidence on the three pieces of land Barry was on in the 24 hours prior, nor any blood evidence anywhere. We have no reason to believe that the Broomfield hotel room was not swabbed.

OK - interesting.

My only thought on this is that if he pre-planned disposal, i suspect she is not too close by - otherwise dogs might find her? Not sure how far those mine shafts are

A prepared grave could be very hard to find - especially in shingle etc where you won't leave signs of fresh spoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member