Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, we talked about the location being in Crested Butte, which is quite a distance from PP. AM later said the site was near a river, and not actually a bluff. I thought PE did locate the site during the search, but I’ve sifted through their story map on arcgis as best as I could and found nothing to confirm. That said, my iPad does not play nicely with the arcgis platform. Maybe someone can check it out. Suzanne Moorman Morphew .Barry Bound Over for Trial

Here is the photo. https://i.imgur.com/PBN3Wa2_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

I spent a day or two trying to find it with no luck. I don't think the site is relevant, I think Barry was putting on a show for AM and he overplayed his hand. There was mention of Whitepine and there is a small town with a mine to the W of Maysville on the other side of a mountain.
eta: Google Earth screencap
ScreenHunter 1166.png

Last edited:
What was the diving incident?

I remember that but now can't recall where the hell i read it!

TD says that on the day before he got the video of BM, he saw BM in the same area, coming up out of the creek, soaking wet and bright red from the cold water. He appeared to have been looking for something in the water.

Volunteer firefighter. He could have easily thrown a dead/unconscious Suzanne over his shoulder and carried her up any number of trails.
^^rsbm

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm recalling an interview with CCFC Beltran where he talked about the county having two volunteer academies and that BM was a volunteer for Chaffee County's wildland/grassland fires. I think this was also what BM had on his FB but probably before he was POI and we could openly discuss BM. Nonetheless, I think the physical agility test (PAT) would be the same.

VFF training info last updated Winter 2018.

https://www.chaffeecountyfire.org/s..._volunteer_information_packet_winter_2018.pdf

I believe she was long dead when he took the left toward Garfield, no question for me. Only one dart was missing from the pack and we have a pretty good idea of when he used it. Had he loaded the dart for deer as he usually did, that dose would have depressed her ability to breathe within minutes. Even the FBI is pretty sure she was dead before 4pm on the 9th.

Supposing for a moment that he somehow kept her alive but incapacitated for what 14 hours with only the one dart. How? Barry's crafty, I'll give that to him, but he's too hot tempered to hold a prisoner, the moment she came out of it and called him Shirley it would have been all over and there would have been blood. Even he knows he couldn't have managed that.

Volunteer firefighter. He could have easily thrown a dead/unconscious Suzanne over his shoulder and carried her up any number of trails.
Aftwr lokong, the minimum FF CPAT standards require being weighed down with 75 lbs.
So I think a 100 lb pack doable.

100 lb backpacks for sale at REI etc.
Roman Legionaires carried 66-100 lbs 25 miles a day.

I think the tell might be that he was open to the possibility she could have been - but was able to emphatically confirm she wasn't.

The correct response would have been no of course not - i left her home asleep - but he is accessing the memory that he has put her somewhere else and she is gone at that point.

I am no kind of statement analysis type person - more of a writer/script writer

My opinion after many of these cases now, (Pistorius, McStay), is that noob script writer-killers are very very bad at writing dialogue & actions, and tend to advance the narrative via exposition

This is why Suzanne has no actions or dialogue of her own in her supposed last hours

It's also why in this moment, Barry doesn't remain in character properly. he's too busy being the show runner, checking the plot, instead of being in role, where he'd immediately react knowing he drove away from Suzanne who is home in bed. Instead he seems almost relieved - able to confirm she wasn't there, because she was someplace else.
Excellent analysis!

As far as BM carrying Suzanne, one of his hunting buddies claimed BM could carry an elk for miles out of the woods.

But I think BM, rather than taxing himself, put her in something to take her away from the house. I suspect it may have been one of the missing coolers.

MOO
Were those coolers the ones with handle and two wheels?

Were those coolers the ones with handle and two wheels?
We don't know. We heard from Andy that CBI was asking about missing coolers, but I don't think this came up during the preliminary, nor was it mentioned in the AA.

If there is in fact one missing, I believe it is large enough to hold an intact human body.

We don't know. We heard from Andy that CBI was asking about missing coolers, but I don't think this came up during the preliminary, nor was it mentioned in the AA.

If there is in fact one missing, I believe it is large enough to hold an intact human body.

I've wondered if maybe we're over-looking the obvious and the girls took the coolers on their trip? Did anybody look in MM1's truck when they got to Maysville?

4:23 am – Suzanne’s phone makes its last ping off of the Poncha Springs tower as located near Puma Path.

I think Barry may have crushed her phone before disposing of it. iPhones these days survive being underwater, with limitations.

7:10 pm Deputy Brown makes second attempt to contact Barry, he answers and claims he last saw Suzanne at 5 am. Repeats assertion that Suzanne road her bike between 8 and 9 am.

How did Barry know Suzane went for a bike ride when he didn't speak to her all day? He's such a liar. He tricked the Ritter's into believing she was on her bike but how would he know what time she left the house? Between 8 and 9 am. Liar!

5:58 pm Martin Ritter calls 911 and repeats Barry’s assertion that Suzanne was taking a morning ride.
At 6:03 pm, Barry exited his hotel room, wearing a black shirt with his khaki backpack on his back.
6:05 pm – Deputy Brown attempts to call Barry, it is unanswered. Also at 6:05 pm, Barry made an outgoing call to Martin Ritter.

I expect Mr. Ritter to be an important witness in proving Barry's evil manipulation.

Find Suzanne Morphew – #JusticeForSuzanne

I have no doubt ole Barry could physically carry Suzanne for a good long distance but not as far as Monarch Pass. He planned this until he felt he had the perfect disposal spot where nobody could find her. After using the tranquilizer dart, his adrenaline was likely raging from excitement and fear. He was on a mission. Nothing would stop him.

2:47 pm BM’s phone goes to airplane mode
2:44-4:44 pm Truck doesn’t move
4:44 pm BM truck door closes
4:44-9:25 pm AA pge 6 truck stays in same loc

He may have utilized the ATV. Day or night, for I feel he did it straight away when he placed his phone in airplane mode at 2:47 pm. He had two hours. ATVs are a bit noisy though but there's a solution for that other than having new fat tires:

If you are looking for the best product then you can try the silencer of the brand name called the Silent Rider. Currently, this is the best brand in the market. This is the best choice for you if you want to silence your quad quickly and without any hassles.
https://www.offroadable.com/how-to-quite-an-atv-exhaust-noise/

I've wondered if maybe we're over-looking the obvious and the girls took the coolers on their trip? Did anybody look in MM1's truck when they got to Maysville?

I think a guy who's such a big outdoors man like BM, is going to have more than one cooler. And according to what Andy heard, LE found no coolers at all. I think it would be highly unlikely that every cooler they owned went on that camping trip.

But as @MassGuy pointed out, there was no mention of coolers in the AA or preliminary, but maybe LE just isn't opening that door because they don't have an explanation of why there were no coolers and no way to prove it.

MOO

7:10 pm Deputy Brown makes second attempt to contact Barry, he answers and claims he last saw Suzanne at 5 am. Repeats assertion that Suzanne road her bike between 8 and 9 am.

How did Barry know Suzane went for a bike ride when he didn't speak to her all day? He's such a liar. He tricked the Ritter's into believing she was on her bike but how would he know what time she left the house? Between 8 and 9 am. Liar!

5:58 pm Martin Ritter calls 911 and repeats Barry’s assertion that Suzanne was taking a morning ride.
At 6:03 pm, Barry exited his hotel room, wearing a black shirt with his khaki backpack on his back.
6:05 pm – Deputy Brown attempts to call Barry, it is unanswered. Also at 6:05 pm, Barry made an outgoing call to Martin Ritter.

I expect Mr. Ritter to be an important witness in proving Barry's evil manipulation.

RSBM

Agreed - he couldn't resist adding exposition to make police look for the bike.

One of his foundational mistakes in all this is Suzanne's phone. He needs her to ride early, otherwise she has no phone activity for yet another day. Probably he needed to stage activity on it on Saturday, then leave it on the charger in the house as if she forgot to take it with her.

IIRC, we talked about the location being in Crested Butte, which is quite a distance from PP. AM later said the site was near a river, and not actually a bluff. I thought PE did locate the site during the search, but I’ve sifted through their story map on arcgis as best as I could and found nothing to confirm. That said, my iPad does not play nicely with the arcgis platform. Maybe someone can check it out. Suzanne Moorman Morphew .Barry Bound Over for Trial

Here is the photo. https://i.imgur.com/PBN3Wa2_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

Why were they even searching in this area, so far from Puma Path, to begin with? I'd love to know who's idea this was. And why.

I think a guy who's such a big outdoors man like BM, is going to have more than one cooler. And according to what Andy heard, LE found no coolers at all. I think it would be highly unlikely that every cooler they owned went on that camping trip.

But as @MassGuy pointed out, there was no mention of coolers in the AA or preliminary, but maybe LE just isn't opening that door because they don't have an explanation of why there were no coolers and no way to prove it.

MOO
Most likely they found out the daughters had coolers on their camping trip so it became a non-issue and never came up again. Or LE was on a fishing expedition when they talked to AM.

Not one suspicious variable regarding Suzanne and her bike riding habits, from Barry, but two: 1. Riding at a different time than her pattern.....2. Riding in a different location than her pattern. The odds of it being believable if only 1 variable existed are much different than having 2, imo. These odds are worse than the partial dna being a positive match. Again....jmo.

I believe Suzanne especially liked Crested Butte.
Yes and they were in the vicinity both when they went college shopping with their older daughter and after she started college I'm sure. CB is just up 135 from Gunnison as is Taylor Reservoir. There is also nice drive also along Kebler Pass and Ohio Pass in certain seasons. I'm sure both BM and SM loved the area....hard not to frankly. And from what we're hearing LE took every tidbit of info and looked into it so if someone mentioned CB or claimed the image was from CB, I'm sure they went and poked around. I'm personally thinking it wasn't CB...and White Pine area was a better guess and closer than Gunnison or CB. Here's an interesting history of White Pine: Colorado Central Magazine - The monthly magazine for lookin' sharp - The Rise and Fall of White Pine, Colorado

This actually makes a lot of sense to me, as it would explain how he went west to the staging site, without creating telematic data for it.

IMO you can easily move the mountain bike on the ATV.

But this raises a really great point. If he created locational data on his phone westwards towards the mountain bike dumping site, but no matching telematics data on his truck -that is super bad for his supposed version.

Thanks @sk716 - this is super helpful!

I wonder if the pings could indicate time of travel, and what I mean is could we tell how quickly Barry's phone was moving. Then we would have a better idea of if he was on foot, on ATV, or in a vehicle when he moved the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes