Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #61

Status
Not open for further replies.

That makes VERY interesting reading.

'I think what's happened is someone very close has come forward with information and that's why there's a search,' Mr Iddles said.

'That information I'm confident would be contained in an affidavit for a warrant.'

'I always used to say, I'll start with the family first and work on that and then you have another lot of detectives working on the information coming in.

'I think maybe early on they became obsessed with the washing machine man and I know from what I've read that he was at a school assembly but no one ever checked his story for something like 12 months. For me that's 101.

This new article mentions some email.

Article title:
Behind the silence lies so much pain, and so many questions
The rediscovery of an email appears to explain at least some of this week’s dramatic developments in the William Tyrrell case.

Does anyone know what this email is?

Unfortunately the article is behind a paywall:

NoCookies | The Australian

See I did consider WT’s sister, but wouldn’t she have been considered a known witness?

‘there has been a witness who we had no idea about who has come forward and is speaking to police,” Mr Craddock said

Inquest into missing toddler William Tyrrell halted abruptly

I worked in group homes for years prior to social work and found this a really difficult ‘grey area’. On one hand, the kids absolutely need love and affection, and as someone working with them, you do come to care about them. On the other hand, it can leave one vulnerable to allegations. Foster Care is a family oriented environment, but still a job that requires firm boundaries. Piling into bed together in the morning to watch cartoons etc is absolutely fine and normal, but I can see why people are shocked at the FC’s sleeping arrangements. Could have just been for that trip though, as they were out-with their routine.
yes It's not an easy job that's for sure, i relate to feeling that out of home care is a difficult grey area, there was a worker who openly gave hugs and allowed the children to sit on their lap, i always felt very uncomfortable seeing this. As for the co sleeping i get why people would be alarmed ,just that i am not is all. Also the ff had no idea that their almost every decision they made was about to be on the world stage so to speak.

This new article mentions some email.

Article title:
Behind the silence lies so much pain, and so many questions
The rediscovery of an email appears to explain at least some of this week’s dramatic developments in the William Tyrrell case.

Does anyone know what this email is?

Unfortunately the article is behind a paywall:

NoCookies | The Australian

Some grabs:

“Close to giving up, or giving in.”

A foster care social worker says William Tyrrell’s foster mother wrote these words in an email just three days before he disappeared.

William had been acting up, and his foster mother was distressed about it.

The rediscovery of this email appears to explain at least some of this week’s dramatic developments in Australia’s most famous missing persons case.

Police then found an email dated September 9, 2014 – three days before William disappeared – in which social workers described William’s foster mother as being concerned about his behaviour.

She was at the time trying to adopt William. He had started calling her Mummy. In her triple-0 call, she called him “my son”.

This was causing tension between the two families, who were still tussling over who would get to raise him.

According to the social workers, William’s foster mother said she was “close to giving up or giving in”. She was concerned about William being “emotional” after contact visits with his biological mother and father.

He was also having difficulty sleeping.

The social workers talked among themselves about “a certain amount of distress” and “dysfunction” being normal in foster children.

One then said the foster mother had told them she was “heading to her mother’s house this weekend” – and it was, of course, from her mother’s house, in the quiet village of Kendall on the NSW mid-north coast that very weekend, that he went missing.

So, that’s the first thing that happened to trigger this week’s new search.

. . .

They didn’t really look at William’s foster grandmother. She settled the sale of the house about six months after William disappeared and she died in March. There is no suggestion that she was involved, but it seems that she only ever gave one brief formal statement to police.

They didn’t really look at William’s foster grandmother. She settled the sale of the house about six months after William disappeared and she died in March. There is no suggestion that she was involved, but it seems that she only ever gave one brief formal statement to police.

She was 88 when she died so must’ve been 81/82 when William vanished. Perhaps she had dementia or just wasn’t considered reliable enough to be questioned thoroughly. Just a guess.

Though it does seem to ne that the foster family’s account of the morning was pretty much taken at face value from the start.

She was 88 when she died so must’ve been 81/82 when William vanished. Perhaps she had dementia or just wasn’t considered reliable enough to be questioned thoroughly. Just a guess.

Though it does seem to ne that the foster family’s account of the morning was pretty much taken at face value from the start.

The FM talks about finding the washing machine in pieces and unusable because the repair guy (BS) needed to source a part to complete the job. FM then rings BS to ask when he will have the part. She complains to her mother that she needs to use the machine. (I got the strong impression at that point that the FM can be quite impatient and bossy). She said that her mother replied along the lines of: "That's the way it is up here. When it comes, it comes."

I'm not convinced that the FGM was on the dementia list. For one thing, I don't think the foster parents would take kids on visits if the FGM was "away with the fairies" so to speak. People with dementia could drive a saint crazy.

I'm not convinced that the FGM was on the dementia list. For one thing, I don't think the foster parents would take kids on visits if the FGM was "away with the fairies" so to speak. People with dementia could drive a saint crazy.

I agree, but at 80-something I can see why she might not be up to repeated grillings by police.

Don’t forget she’d just lost her husband - my own grandma spiralled physically and mentally when she was widowed, a lot had been smoothed over by grandad helping her. Bless her, we found out he’d been doing her bra up every day for 20 years and had to rush out to but her front fastening ones!

Would be interesting to know just how much investigation of the FP’s there was in those early days.

Do people think it's possible the FGM noticed something odd with her car in the days following Williams disappearance, though she didn't mention it to the police, but she might have said something to her other daughter some time later? And it is that other daughter (FM's sister) who has now told police about it? That would be why the FGM's car is now searched. It could have been an odd smell or something odd in the car, like something fell off WT, and the FGM then threw it away, not saying anything. But she mentioned it to her other daughter, who has now come forward. Obviously the implication is the FM used the FGM's car to dispose of the body.
The FGM had a knee operation and was thus not very mobile, so if FM borrowed FGM's car, it's unlikely that FGM went to the garage with FM, thus giving the latter a chance to put the body in the boot and drive away, pretending to search for him.

But i just find the idea the FM disposed of the body so bizarre. I can't really accept it. I think WT was snatched by someone, as odd as it sounds, and that someone must have been pre-positioned around the place, as a random kidnapping is impossible.

This is all so odd!!!

In light of the FFC email to Social workers 3 days before William disappeared, would somebody please confirm whether any of the Bio family had friends/relatives in Kendall.

We do know that the bio family lived and raised kids in the suburbs of Sydney and that the FM's family had long ties in Kendall. It seems unlikely to me that there would be any bio family connection with Kendall.

One thing that really bugs me is: why did the FM move forward the departure time of the trip to Kendall? She says doing so meant having to collect William and his sister early from day care/school, and that arriving early surprised her mother who was expecting them the next day.

Don’t forget she’d just lost her husband - my own grandma spiralled physically and mentally when she was widowed

My dear old grandma had already gone half batty by then. We couldn't take her to grandpa's funeral. When we got back she kept asking, "Where's Bob?" Nobody would answer.

Eventually I said, "He's gone to heaven, Nan."

She just said "Oh."

I think she thought I meant he'd gone down to the shops.

One thing that really bugs me is: why did the FM move forward the departure time of the trip to Kendall? She says doing so meant having to collect William and his sister early from day care/school, and that arriving early surprised her mother who was expecting them the next day.

I wondered that too....wouldn't a surprise be a shock/unsettling for FGM? My grandma always wanted notice so she could get in food, make up beds etc. Maybe they didn't want her worrying/doing extra work b4 they got there? Also quite long drive for 2 little kids (by my UK standards anyway!).

I wondered that too....wouldn't a surprise be a shock/unsettling for FGM? My grandma always wanted notice so she could get in food, make up beds etc. Maybe they didn't want her worrying/doing extra work b4 they got there? Also quite long drive for 2 little kids (by my UK standards anyway!).

Dunno if her motivation was to get out of Sydney asap, or get to Kendall asap.

She said they always broke the trip at the half way point and had Happy Meals at McDonalds which the kids always looked forward to.

IIRC, the 'fosters' stated that the discrepancy was because the camera's clock was still set to Bali time, which happens to be 2 hours behind NSW (3 hours behind when NSW is on DST as now).

The foster family had been on a holiday to Bali at some point prior.

I wonder why she would bother changing the time? I understand if she changed the date but why change the time right down to changing the milliseconds? Unless you were trying to prove something, doesn’t make sense.

I’m wondering where said witness has been all this time.

Remembering English backpacker Paul Onions who jumped out of Ivan Milat’s vehicle when a gun was drawn, he ran to a woman’s car who took him to report it.

Mr Onions' report and it sat in a drawer for years as Milat killed five more victims.

Years later, back home in the UK, Mr Onions saw reports of bodies found in the Belanglo state forest on the news, and contacted the Australian Federal Police who flew him back to Australia where he became the star witness in Milat's trial.

Mr Onions' evidence was key to Milat's conviction in 1996.

Something, a small relevant snippet of information might have been looked at just that bit harder for William at Crimestoppers.

UK backpacker who helped convict Ivan Milat says serial killer's death 'doesn't change anything' | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
What did forensics have to say? I have seen 'time corrected' photos. Were they not the result of forensics?
I've only seen one article where it states the corrected timestamp is accepted by police, a forum member posted it a couple of days ago, I can't remember who atm, I'll see if I can track it down.
I don't know why other news outlets aren't publishing the same.

https://newsfeeds.media/william-tyrrell-search-kendall-locals-say-their-reputation-was-trashed/

Locals of the town where William Tyrrell vanished are furious its reputation has been ‘trashed’.
‘The community invested a lot of time and effort into looking for that little boy,’ a neighbour said.

We’re coming up with our own conclusions now about what went on that day…I’ve lain awake at night thinking about the fact William could have been in the bush over there all the time.’

:(

I would love to know what your actual theory, or your #1 theory at least, is right now. Who did it, how, why.

I’m stumped, I just feel like nothing fits.

As of right now I think William was unsupervised from about 9:45am and disappeared into the bush where any number of things (unrelated to human interference) could have happened.

I could change my mind numerous times today, because I still have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiajean